Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Topic Options
#9468 - 04/13/04 07:55 PM Questions and Comments for Wolf Creek
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Have questions regarding this resort? Want to give someone kudos for the great story they shared in their Vacation Journal or for their awesome photo album? Do it here. Title your reply "Questions - Wolf Creek", "Kudos; Journal - Wolf Creek', or "Kudos; Photos - Wolf Creek". This will make it easy to search this thread to find the questions and answers or the respective kudos. Be sure to give us the username for your thank you.

#55329 - 11/05/14 02:34 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Wolf Creek [Re: marknjo]
Freeze17 Offline

Good to know thanks for the information.

#55327 - 11/04/14 05:44 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Wolf Creek [Re: dragonflylady49]
marknjo Offline

Loc: Idaho
Wolf Creek does have a horseshoe pit. We were just there and I checked. It is just up the hill from the fish pond. The office does have equipment. There is also a tether ball right by it.

#55326 - 11/04/14 01:52 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Wolf Creek [Re: dragonflylady49]
Freeze17 Offline

I did not see one when I was there in April.

#55248 - 10/08/14 09:52 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Wolf Creek [Re: Forum Host]
dragonflylady49 Offline

Does Wolf Creek have a horseshoe pit? If so are horseshoes available?

#50597 - 08/11/13 08:10 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Wolf Creek [Re: zswatson]
BlueSkierDave Offline

I own a unit in Wolf Creek Village II, which I bought on EBAY about 8 years ago. Wolf Creek Village II is the building closest to the office, and is managed by Worldmark. Wolf Creek Village 1 is across the parking lot from Wolf Creek Village 2, and is managed separately.

I have stayed in the newer Worldmark units. They are a bit newer, but I am not sure about bigger. I have a 3 bedroom unit in Wolf Creek Village II, and the kitchen, living, and bedroom areas seemed comparable.

And the maintenance fees keep the place updated, so in spite of being a built older, I did not feel like the Worldmark unit was nicer.

The Wolf Creek Village II units do lack a washer/dryer, but there is a laundry room in the building. And they took out the coin-op units, so now it's free. Nice to have it in the unit, but not a big deal.

#50542 - 07/29/13 12:12 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Wolf Creek [Re: Flamingo Pink]
zswatson Offline

We just stayed there for a couple days last month and were talking with some of the staff about that. They said the Wolf Creek units are in a building that was not built by Worldmark and is not owned by Worldmark. We were told the units are smaller, older, and do not have an in unit washer and dryer. The Powder Mountain units were built and are owned by Worldmark, as well as being newer and bigger.

#50467 - 07/15/13 04:22 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Wolf Creek [Re: ]
Flamingo Pink Offline

I've tried to figure out what the difference is between the "wolf" side rooms and other rooms and all I can find is that they are smaller. Are there any other differences?

#48795 - 10/02/12 08:50 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Wolf Creek [Re: jsnowski]
DandJHansen Offline

Loc: Ogden, Utah
I put a pretty good list of things to do in the winter under the "Activities & Things To Do in the Area - Wolf Creek" thread. So far I have not had a lot of success posting image files on this forum, so I will try to send them to you as a private message(PM). If you need any more information on any of these activities let me know.

#48774 - 09/29/12 05:38 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Wolf Creek [Re: marknjo]
jsnowski Offline

marknjo, Thanks for the warm welcome and info, if you go every year it must be great, Powder Mtn looks awsome, which resort do you prefer?

#48773 - 09/29/12 05:35 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Wolf Creek [Re: DandJHansen]
jsnowski Offline

Hi, Sorry for taking so long to come back to you, I don't seem to get much time at the moment. Anyway thankyou for your feedback, any information would be great, we won't only be sking we would like to have a look around as we are thinking of planning a longer trip the following year. We have driven quite a lot in the snow so that part is fine, but with roads we dont know and if it's dark by the time we arrive it is nice to have an idea about the road. Some pics would be great if you don't mind. Once again thankyou so much.

#48745 - 09/24/12 12:48 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Wolf Creek [Re: jsnowski]
marknjo Offline

Loc: Idaho
Welcome Aussie friends! Wolf Creek is a great resort for skiing activities. The drive up the canyon from Ogden is a narrow winding two lane road but it is kept well maintained. The directions from the web site are correct and there are plenty of signs. The 3 bedroom plus unit has a master bedroom and bath upstairs with an extra murphy bed upstairs. The other 2 bedrooms are on the main floor with another bathroom. There is another pull down Murphy bed in the living area. The shuttle to Powder Mountain is very convient, just check with the front desk for times. The great thing about Wolf Creek is that you have 3 ski areas to chose from closeby. Powder Mountain just up the road, Snowbasin is also nearby with a Fantastic base lodge and bigger vertical and more, faster lifts. Wolf Mountain is just across the valley and it has night skiing and a pretty good terrain park. It is also Cheap. We Love Wolf Creek and visit every winter for our ski vaction. Good Luck.

#48744 - 09/24/12 12:38 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Wolf Creek [Re: jsnowski]
DandJHansen Offline

Sounds like a lot of fun. Coming to Utah from Australia during Winter should be a really neat experience. Have you ever been here before? Do you have any experience driving on SNOW? The drive to WC at night in winter should be just fine unless it is the middle of a snowstorm. The roads all the way there are state roads and maintained very well. Having said that, when it really snows hard, it can be impossible to keep the roads clean. My guess is you will be fine. There are actually 3 ways to get to WC.

The most common way is on SR39, it is a 2 lane winding road up the valley of Ogden Canyon. You will probable drive that road a lot during your trip, depending on what you want to see and do while you are here. If it is snowing or if a winding road makes you nervous, take I84 up Weber Canyon then across Trappers Loop road. The interstate is 4 lanes and plowed more often. Trappers loop is also a state road, it is wider and less winding and since it designed for the semi-truck traffic it is plowed better. The last route is up North Ogden Canyon. It is a county maintained road and very narrow with steep drops. While it is very scenic, I would not take it if there is any snow or ice on the road. The county plows it after plowing all other roads, so it is a last resort. If you want to PM me your email address I can send you a picture I have that shows all 3 routes.

As far as the shuttle is concerned here is their website; http://www.powdermountain.com/en/getting-here/shuttle-service/ The front desk can also help you with the schedule once you are here. Powder Mountain is a lot of fun to ski at.

Lastly, I do have some pictures of this resort and the area but will have to find them later. Is there anything you are looking for specifically? Do you have any other plans while you are here or is the vacation plan all about skiing? If you would like some other options of things to do or see while in Northern Utah I would be glade to suggest some. You can see my post dated 5/31/11 under Wolf Creek Resort Review for some activities but I could suggest some winter related ones as well.

#48742 - 09/24/12 04:04 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Wolf Creek [Re: ]
jsnowski Offline

Hi, We are Australian owners and are traveling to Wolf Creek in January, we have booked a 3bedroom plus, there are seven of us. Any information regarding this resort would be appreciated. Is it OK to drive up there at night? We are going snowboarding at Powder Mountain so info on the shuttle would be great, also does anyone have any pics of this resort?

#46999 - 01/13/12 05:22 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Wolf Creek [Re: ]
aln515 Offline

What is the difference between a 2 Bedroom Wolf Creek and a 2 Bedroom Plus? These are two of the choices in the drop down screen for the online reservations. Thanks!

#46550 - 10/11/11 12:53 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Wolf Creek [Re: Gummy B]
DandJHansen Offline

I have been to Wolfcreek a number of times and have not witnessed any substandard housekeeping. I did read thru all the posts on this site and noted some issues, most from years ago. I will say that the older units are not quite as nice as the newer ones but even they are far better then any hotel I have ever stayed in.

As far as what to expect, I think August will be a great time for a vacation at Wolf Creek. Please see my post dated 5/31 under "Wolf Creek Resort Review" for some possible things to do. If you have something in particular that you and the girls like to do, let me know and I can give you some insider tips on places to go and things to see.

#46527 - 10/07/11 07:58 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Wolf Creek [Re: ]
Gummy B Offline

I'm planning way ahead but would like some comments. I'm planning a girls' getaway weekend next August (2012). Anyone stayed at the resort in August? What can we expect? I read some comments about substandard housekeeping. Is that still a problem?

#46520 - 10/06/11 12:39 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Wolf Creek [Re: nana fran]
DandJHansen Offline

The powder mountain area of Wolf Creek contains the newer rooms. They are a little bigger and have a washer/dryer in them. The wolf creek area of Wolf Creek has the older rooms. When you are booking online it is easy to see what you are booking since the wolf creek rooms are labeled as such (example 1 Bedroom Wolf Creek) If you use the call center make sure you specify the powder mountain area to get the better rooms. Both areas are located in the same complex and share the same main office.

#46516 - 10/04/11 03:59 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Wolf Creek [Re: ]
nana fran Offline

Loc: Pacific Northwest
Our reservations read as One Bedroom, located in the Powder Mountain area of resort. What does that mean? Is it the newer section? Do we check in elsewhere?

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.