Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#7892 - 04/13/04 04:28 PM Questions and Comments for Kihei
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Have questions regarding this resort? Want to give someone kudos for the great story they shared in their Vacation Journal or for their awesome photo album? Do it here. Title your reply "Questions - Kihei", "Kudos; Journal - Kihei", or Kudos; Photos - Kihei". This will make it easy to search this thread to find the questions and answers or the respective kudos. Be sure to give us the username for your thank you.

#56572 - 01/15/16 08:09 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei [Re: RanMatPat]
AlaskaLiz Offline

We have been a regular at Kihei since our honeymoon in 2001. Last year had a reservation at Valley isle. We went and viewed room , but cancelled for a few reasons. The beach although across the street from Kihei is much nicer, larger and swimmable. There is just a small beach area here. We didn't like the limited hours of the office, getting towel service, etc. We like to Grill daily and what a pain it would be 2 elevator which during both times we have visited seem busy and slow. The grill locations on the main floor are not convenient. The pool is nice , but I like the set up where Kihei is all Worldmark and you aren't just one of THOSE guests.

As far as the room we looked at the Studios were very nice and larger-I read some reports of uncleanliness but did not see any upon inspection of a freshly cleaned room myself. Furnishings and appliances all adequate. Looking at the grounds and building Kihei appears to be landscaped prettier imo , its larger property too with many buildings.

We have talked to many people over the years that prefer one to the other or like them both. People are obsessed with being on the water, Well because their is NO air conditioning at Valley Isle they tell you to leave your doors open to get the trade winds, with a locking screen door. We like air conditioning, privacy, security and quiet and find it at Kihei. A chief complaint at Kihei is that you will not be guaranteed a room with a view, but you are in Hawaii and you can walk across the street in 2 minutes have your toes in the best sand with lifeguard on duty too. I am up early and normally walking the grounds in peace at 6am and often chatting with night crew. We like the atmosphere and are happy to have a beautiful beach across the street from Kihei. Feel free to PM me questions specific to Maui or Kihei I can probably answer most. Aloha, Liz

#56529 - 01/01/16 09:14 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei [Re: Forum Host]
RanMatPat Offline

My wife and I spent a week at the Kihei Resort a few years ago and are looking to go back to Maui in 2017. Can anyone tell us how Valley Isle compares with Kihei? We have never visited that Resort

#56191 - 08/12/15 06:30 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei [Re: yzaske101]
slabeaume Offline

Or it could be that most of us who spend so much time getting there book more then one week at a time. So by the time your week start day is 13 months out, we've already reserved it as part of our 2,3 or more weeks.

#55894 - 05/08/15 09:33 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei [Re: pktanner]
yzaske101 Offline

[quote=pktanner]Here is a peeve: We were TOLD at check in that the REASON for the need for chained reservation to a week at a RED ZONE resort is that there is a group of owners that has decided that they can use Worldmark Kihei as a vacation profit making enterprise. So thank you to my fellow owners who are using a loop hole to mess up my vacation plans to enhance your pocket book. I hope you get turned over to the IRS and state taxation people for enforcement.

#55674 - 02/28/15 06:42 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei [Re: LeonandSue]
AlaskaLiz Offline

I don't have a pic. The studio unit had no oven, just cook top. There is a microwave and sink. I don't recall about the dishwasher, but we only stayed in studio a day or two last year. Call the resort direct to confirm if you need to they are always helpful. We love it at Kihei. Aloha, Liz

#55655 - 02/23/15 02:45 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei [Re: Forum Host]
LeonandSue Offline

Hello. Does anyone have a photo of the "Mini Kitchen" in the Studios at Kihei? If no photo, can you describe the "mini kitchen"? I'm assuming that it does have a refrigerator, sink/wash basin, micro wave. Does it have a stove (top burners). I'm pretty sure there is no oven nor dish washer. Just wanted to check before we buy our groceries. We always go to Costco after we land at the airport!

#55635 - 02/17/15 06:41 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei [Re: abbytreasures]
JoeRoss Offline

We have been visiting Maui for 15+ years, usually during whale season. We recently (2013) inherited a Worldmark timeshare and decided we could try it out on our 2015 trip. Since we needed 13 months the 2014 trip was not an option. What a hassle. OMG. We had to book Kona for a week (that we could not use) just to get Maui for the week we needed. And even that was not easy. It is one big game and we are novice players.

Upon becoming owners we went to the San Francisco property for a weekend (5600 credits) and attended an owners update which was really a hard push for us to pay $10,000 more to get into Travelshare so we actually could "book easier". She told us the reason we could never get into tropical properties was because we were the lowest level and if we would buy into Travelshare we could book earlier than the 13 months. Anyway, she asked for my SSN to 'update their records.' I didnt want to give it to her but she insisted Worldmark must have it on file. What she really did was go run my credit! I was livid when I found out later. I have since been told she (and her male boss) were not being truthful about the 13 months. Everyone can only book 13 months in advance right?

So we burned credits and never went to Kona. Spent one night here at Kihei and the next 6 at Valley Isle. We will not be back. Dumping this Worldmark ASAP. The 'view' at Kihei is slight at best. We go to watch whales and we always get big ocean view units at various properties we like. We did not like this one for that purpose. Valley Isle had a much better view and was on the beach. I saw a comment in the forum that VI was like a convalescent home. LOL I guess it was, but hey they were all very nice old people. Our 11 year old son loved the beach there. I would never consider spending time and $$ for a unit that was not a great ocean view. Otherwise you are just in any other boring hotel. Yes this trip was cheaper, but you only live once.

If you want the best whale watch trip use Ultimate Whale Watch. They only take 18 people on the boat. $50/ea but well worth it.

#55632 - 02/17/15 09:02 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei [Re: Forum Host]
Crwte Offline

We have been owners since 1996 and have seen the changes and aren't happy about some if them. I don't like that some of the owners are profiting from my condos. This is a vacation timeshare not a travel agency. And no I don't like not being able to choose my view. Having said that, we have been to Kihei twice, once with our kids and grandkids for 7 days and didn't have a view, then again with 4 friends for a month and had a limited view. We will be going for 6 weeks, yes retirement is grand, and have a limited view again. Does not having a view take away from our trip? Absolutely not, does having it make our vacations? No it just enhances it. This is our favorite resort and are happy to hear it's being renovated. We will continue to go back as often as possible. The staff is the best we've had at any resort.

#55605 - 02/09/15 06:11 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei [Re: Forum Host]
abbytreasures Offline

I have been to Kihei. With the costs of flights these days, it's too much of a gamble to "hope" you get a view other than the parking lot. I think this is a move backwards for Worldmark, placing owners in the dark as to what they will receive when they get there. I, for one, will not be back. It's just not worth the gamble.

#55600 - 02/07/15 04:45 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - New Policy for Room Descriptions [Re: cotraveller]
pktanner Offline

Yep! mees CA REal Estate View requirement. We had same thought. Had 8211 Condos just south and tree left same "blue" visible. So Yes LIMITED view

#55599 - 02/07/15 04:25 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei [Re: Forum Host]
pktanner Offline

Here is a peeve: We were TOLD at check in that the REASON for the need for chained reservation to a week at a RED ZONE resort is that there is a group of owners that has decided that they can use Worldmark Kihei as a vacation profit making enterprise. So thank you to my fellow owners who are using a loop hole to mess up my vacation plans to enhance your pocket book. I hope you get turned over to the IRS and state taxation people for enforcement.

#55597 - 02/07/15 04:20 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei [Re: Forum Host]
pktanner Offline

I get the need to reclassify room types. Trees grow. Buildings have been added south that were not there when original classifications were made. However, I would be very upset as a Platinum Elite Owner that got a view of the Coast Hotel instead of the ocean with a 13 month in advance booking due to random luck of the draw.
If I were the people making this decision I would either take out the trees and or have a select group of owners like me that would go from room to room and classify the room correctly with today's real estate.

#55566 - 02/01/15 09:14 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei [Re: Forum Host]
gobellagio Offline

Loc: St. Louis, Mo
I am disappointed by the new policy also of not letting us know where our units will be located in regards to our view. They say it is to streamline the booking and check in process? How does this help when it is all computer generated??? I have been to this resort 9 times and without knowing where we will stay I am reluctant to go back. A view of the parking lot is not my idea of a relaxing resort atmosphere. There is no problem filling up these rooms, as they are all booked 13 months in advance with no options left after that time period. Sandy is correct, the Board has made a horrible decision. Why not tell the guests if they are going to have a view or not? They will only have more complaints now when guests begin to arrive. Major let down for some people.

I just returned from a week in Kauai at WM and a week at Kihei WM. Kauai has a beautiful resort with awesome views right on the ocean. The renovation that is going on at Kihei WM is extensive. Looks like they are doing it building by building, an entire building at a time. The rooms were totally gutted and new flooring, counters, etc. were being installed. Much overdo!!!!! My guess is that it will take at least a year to do all the units.

The Kinaole Food truck and Whale of a do-nut food truck are still both awesome. Have to check them out, both parked directly on the street in front of WM.

Good luck with booking everyone!!!

#55563 - 01/31/15 12:46 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - New Policy for Room Descriptions [Re: SandyW]
cotraveller Offline

Loc: Colorado
Considering that this was the view from our "limited-view" unit, I don't see the new room descriptions as a big deal.

The darker blue between the two treetops in the center of the picture is the ocean. That is a very limited view. For booking purposes the new descriptions without the distinction between the view types opens up more units in each catergory rather than having them split into two different categories. Makes It easier to get a reservation and to fill a wait list request.

#55556 - 01/30/15 03:20 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - New Policy for Room Descriptions [Re: Forum Host]
SandyW Offline

I am absolutely devastated by the Board's new policy regarding the room descriptions. For arrivals after March 1 next year, rooms will not be differentiated by whether or not they have a limited view. So when you arrive at Kihei you may get a room with a view or you may not depending on what is available. They have taken away the certainty of the type of unit being booked and they leave us open to disappointment on arrival at the resort.

The reason given for this decision is to streamline the booking and room assignment process. How hard can it be??? A room with a limited view is different from a room with no view in the same way that a one-bedroom unit is different from a two-bedroom unit! I don't think they have difficulty booking or assigning a one-bedroom unit instead of a two-bedroom unit!

Kihei is my favourite resort and I have been there many times. Each and every time I have booked a room with a view. I really have no interest in a room without a view and so it is unlikely I will ever go there again.

In one fell swoop, the Board has destroyed a major factor in why I am a Worldmark owner.

What can be done to have this decision rescinded?

Edited by SandyW (01/30/15 03:24 AM)

#55526 - 01/21/15 01:03 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei [Re: mowicks]
klamba Offline

Just got back from the resort and I have to say the resort and all its staff are amazing.

We were in building 5 and there was absolutely no noise other than the happy kids in the pool.

Have a great time and please spend time on the beach right across from the resort, it is a hidden gem and great for all activities.

Cheers,
Kamal

#55521 - 01/19/15 09:02 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei [Re: Forum Host]
mowicks Offline

We are planning a trip to the World Mark Kihei resort in Oct. of this year will the renovations be done by then. I would hate to hear all the noise around the resort. Can someone please let me know.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.