Who's Online
0 registered (), 28 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#7892 - 04/13/04 04:28 PM Questions and Comments for Kihei
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Have questions regarding this resort? Want to give someone kudos for the great story they shared in their Vacation Journal or for their awesome photo album? Do it here. Title your reply "Questions - Kihei", "Kudos; Journal - Kihei", or Kudos; Photos - Kihei". This will make it easy to search this thread to find the questions and answers or the respective kudos. Be sure to give us the username for your thank you.

#59360 - 04/06/22 09:48 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - Remodelling [Re: Forum Host]
Pat_604 Offline

Loc: Beautiful BC, Canada
Just found out that the Kihei property is finally going into remodeling in July-2022 as it was delayed from 2019, then Oct-2021. Make sense to do the remodeling during their summer season. Hopefully it will happen so we will have a great refreshed resort.

#59302 - 10/27/21 06:07 PM Re: Booking [Re: Pat_604]
Lilian Offline

We were there in January 2020.
Thanks for letting me know that they are taking units off line. It is frustrating but good that renovations are happening.

Edited by Lilian (10/27/21 06:13 PM)

#59301 - 10/26/21 07:47 PM Re: Booking [Re: Lilian]
Pat_604 Offline

I heard that Kihei is one of the resorts that will get a remodelling in 2022 like Kona just had. They would need to take the units off line. Just heard it at the AGM today.

Lilian, when were you there last?

#59300 - 10/26/21 11:55 AM Booking [Re: Forum Host]
Lilian Offline

We go to a Kihei every year and love the area. It is true that the resort is sadly in need of renovations. Many unit items are no longer available..kettles, tea pots, housekeeping every week if you are there a long time is no longer an option.

I am trying to book for later this year and the website says that bookings are unavailable at this time. What is this all about? Never happened before. Does anyone know what is going on?

#59238 - 05/23/21 08:59 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei [Re: Forum Host]
1kodiak Offline

Loc: puyallup wash.
Just to put my two cents in we stayed at Kihei resort a while back, we have been there before, I killed 37 roaches in the room and had the bug guy there three times! The resort is very dirty stains all over the side walks, they say they cant clean them because the are so full all the time! Where are our dues going then?

#59236 - 05/13/21 04:32 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei [Re: wastangman]
slabeaume Offline

Wow, hope your found someone to take them. They use to have chairs and such to borrow (they usually hid them away and loaned them out if you agreed to an owner update}. Guess COVID stopped that, too?

#59224 - 04/16/21 09:03 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei [Re: Forum Host]
wastangman Offline

Because Kihei has no sharing room or closet we have a number of items we bought that we would like pass on to another member on 4/19/21.
We have 3 bikes, 3 helmets, 3 boogie boards and two beach chairs.
All bought less than two weeks ago since our arrival in Kihei.
There were no bike rentals available at the time so we bought bikes, helmets, boogie boards, chairs at Costco and Target.
We would love to share the cost with someone or pass it on if we can.
email me at sgacioch@hotmail.com if interested.

#59110 - 08/10/20 10:50 AM Re: Questions on comparing our WM Kihei vs. WM Valley Isle [Re: Pat_604]
slabeaume Offline

The Kihei resort is considerably larger then the Valley Isle resort. The main difference would be the location. I've not stayed in the Valley Isle, but have stayed in a couple RCI exchanges very near it. I've stayed at Worldmark Kihei several times and love the location there, too. Although most of the units are a pretty good walk from the beach, but if you don't mind walking it's in a pretty walkable area. Love the public beaches across the street from the resort and it's not too far of a walk to shops and restaurants in Kihei. Although I personally prefer the more residential feel of the Kihei area, I did enjoy staying up in the Valley Isle area, too. As for the actual rooms, we've had no complaints with the WM Kihei units we've stayed in. I noticed a few complaints about smelly rooms, but we didn't have that problem. But it has been about 3 years since we stayed there. Was suppose to be there this past March, but that didn't happen! I wouldn't hesitate staying at either resort.

#59068 - 06/17/20 06:06 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei [Re: Forum Host]
SunnyC Offline

Loc: AZ
Looking to book Maui June 29th - July 6th 2021 - 3 bedroom.
I know this is FAR fetched however, Corona decided to pay my family a few visits and now it's recovery time.
Does anyone have reservations that they will not be using during this time?Please feel free to Email wcampos_1@Juno.com or Text 707-880-4343

I appreciate it very much.
Stay Safe & Healthy

#59063 - 05/28/20 03:33 PM Questions on comparing our WM Kihei vs. WM Valley Isle [Re: Forum Host]
Pat_604 Offline

I am hoping all the experienced members who travel to Maui often can share their insight between our Kihei and our Valley Isle resort.

I believe that all or most the units in Kihei are managed by WorldMark but only 14 of 120 units at Valley Isle are run by WorldMark. This translate to 98x 2BRs in Kihei vs. only 6 2BRs in Valley Isle.

So how would you compare these 2 resorts?

Pro's and Con's for each of these resorts?

Thanks.
Pat
Vancouver, BC, Canada

#59039 - 04/03/20 05:22 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei [Re: dianalynnbrown]
bella22 Offline

Does anyone know if the smell, musty or moldy room situation has been resolved at this resort? I'm trying to book a 60 surprise birthday trip for someone special and they have asthma -- I can't risk getting there and having this issue. Is the other WM resort- Valley Isle have the same issue?

Thank you in advance for your help everyone.

Sincerely,
Bella

#59034 - 03/12/20 01:08 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei [Re: Forum Host]
Lindajo Offline

I am angry that I have to try to book resorts like Kihei 13 months in advance, but can go to VRBO and see units in Worldmark Kihei available in the next month or two. I do not believe owners should be allowed to rent out their units using sites like VRBO. I would like the directors to change the bylaws to make secondary renting like this illegal. It is one thing to rent your unit out to a friend or family, but not through another website.

#58946 - 10/26/19 10:38 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei [Re: dianalynnbrown]
gedora Offline

Had almost the same exact experience.. They were going to move us to differnt room, but it was worse than the one we were in. We also ended with no resolution.

#58944 - 10/25/19 02:44 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei [Re: rcglmg]
sittner Offline

Loc: Washington
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

#58930 - 10/08/19 04:49 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei [Re: sittner]
rcglmg Offline

I have played all the courses except for private ones. The very best deal and the closest course to WM in Kihei is Maui Nui, right up the road. They have packages depending on how often you want to play. The best time is in the morning before the trade winds blow. Great course and good bar. Friendly staff and be sure to tip the guys how get your cart and load your clubs. If you rent clubs check out Maui golf in the Longs Drug parking lot.

#58927 - 10/07/19 04:05 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei [Re: btnjr]
dianalynnbrown Offline

Loc: Oregon
We just checked out on Saturday: The smell was horrible: I called the office and they brought in an ozone machine and we had to leave the room for an hour: We stayed gone for a few hours and there was no change: I called the office each day and they did the same with no change in smell. They also did a dry shampoo and cleaned the filter on the A\C again with no change: I told them in the morning we woke up with headaches and were coughing. They let us check out other rooms in the same building as well as one other building: No change: They pit the machine in the room each day: I called the Owner Services and they said I needed to deal with local management. My only options with local management was change rooms or have the ozone machine each day.

I spoke with several staff members and they all said because the units are old and have carpet that moisture in the air and carpets not drying after being shampooed.

. I called Owner Services again and got a different manager that was kind of rude. She kept telling me she could not help until I checked out. I asked over and over what would happen if I checked out like would I lose my points or could they help me find a different property. She would not give me an answer except telling me to deal with local management or wait to see what they would do until I checked out. Since no one would give me a better option we stayed. We slept with the balcony door open and the fan on each night even though it was hot. After we checked out I called Owner Services and they said they had to call the resort to verify my story and see what they offered to do for me. After placing me on hold all they would do is offer my housekeeping token back. He said if I would have told local management I wasn't satisfied they would have had to dealt with it. I did seek help each day from local management and was never satisfied. I also called Owner Services and they would not advise me what to do. I said if I left am taking the chance of losing points and money as I would have had to get a hotel out of pocket. After arguing back and forth for almost 30 minutes

they said I would have to write a letter or they will close the case. I am so angry and have no idea if we were breathing mold for five nights. Owner Services even tried to argue that there was no way it could be mold. He had an answer for everything.

has anyone else ever dealt with something like this before with Worldmark?

Thank you,
Diana

#58922 - 09/30/19 05:06 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei [Re: Forum Host]
sittner Offline

I am looking into booking Kihei in the future and a couple questions for the golfers out there. There are 3 courses fairly close to the resort and would like a review of what you thought of them, I don't want to go to the really expensive resort courses. I would like a reasonable course for a reasonable price that is fun and has some challenge to it. I have never been to Hawaii and from what I've seen and read this resort golf wise seems pretty good to me, correct me if I'm wrong please. I want to play probably 3 days of golf out of 7 we will be there that's why I say reasonable price so I don't break the bank. Thanks in advance and all input is appreciated.

#58908 - 08/26/19 06:45 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei [Re: Forum Host]
MichelleGrzy Offline

We're looking to book Maui from February 1-8, 2020, hopefully a 2 or 3 bedroom unit. Does anyone have reservations that they won't be using during that time? Please email me : m_grzybowski@hotmail.com. Thank you so much for considering.

#58883 - 08/05/19 06:26 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei [Re: Forum Host]
badfrank Offline

Looking to book Maui Oct 10 - Oct 14, 1 Bedroom or Studio. Does anyone have reservations that they will not be using during this time ?
Please feel free to email me rbenavente12@gmail.com. Thank you in advance!

#58855 - 07/07/19 08:15 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei [Re: btnjr]
btnjr Offline

Just wanted to say that we brought it to the attention of the office. They were VERY accommodating, and are moving us in the morning.
YAY WM! Way to for us on customer service! We were told they were full when we ch caked in, so we just assumed it wouldn’t be possible. Still, I thought they should know.
We were told there is a renovation coming soon, so that’s awesome!

Way to come through!

#58854 - 07/07/19 05:16 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei [Re: Forum Host]
btnjr Offline

This is just a comment.

My husband and I have been to Kihei before and had a GREAT time.
This visit (just got in last night) we had booked 13 months out (right at the stroke of 12!) and our room is SMELLY!
I thought my nose would adjust, but it’s just not happening. It’s so incredibly musty and mildew smelling, I don’t know what to do. We’ve tried airing it out, running fans, fabric softener sheets...
Ugh. I’m not super into activities, just hit the beach for a few hours a day, and then hang out around the room. The amenities of WorldMark are usually so awesome that is a vacay in and of itself. Not so certain this time.

#58852 - 07/03/19 03:17 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei [Re: Forum Host]
mfinn Offline

I have a 2 bedroom unit from 7/31-8/4 that sleep 6 if anyone is looking for those dates.

#58747 - 03/19/19 05:25 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei [Re: Forum Host]
RobinAnne Offline

Perhaps I am doing something wrong but I was looking for owners' perspective of this resort & what their top activities are when visiting Kihei. Also, good spots to eat, places to purchase groceries and such. Thank you.

#58737 - 03/12/19 01:28 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei [Re: Forum Host]
wcampos Offline

Looking to book Maui 4/30-5/5/19 1 Bedroom. Does anyone have reservations that they will not be using during this time ?
Please feel free to email me wcampos_1@juno.com

#58727 - 03/06/19 12:39 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei [Re: FairWood70]
cougsmom Offline

Loc: Washington State
Those of you who have units reserved, but can no longer use them, why don’t you cancel, so someone on the waitlist can have the reservation? I simply don’t understand making reservations to simply rent them to another owner. That is a unit one of us could have reserved.

#58656 - 01/21/19 04:33 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei [Re: Forum Host]
Jkhaley Offline

Looking to rent a 2 bedroom in Kihei from July 18 -25, 2019. I have 1 room booked for those dates but need a second one for my son and family.

#58653 - 01/20/19 05:39 AM Re: Owner to Owner credit rentals [Re: Forum Host]
YogiBoo Offline

I have 29,000 credits I would like to rent to another owner. Please email me at hotteine7@yahoo.com for a great rate.

#58637 - 01/10/19 12:44 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei [Re: Tommysgirl]
ErinWynd55 Offline

Hi Tommygirl

Do you have an answer to your questions?

#58636 - 01/10/19 12:42 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei [Re: Forum Host]
ErinWynd55 Offline

Hi

I'm new at this forum. I just want to know how this work. I have 2 twin bedroom in Kihei, June 3 -10 that I would like to rent. How does it work?
Thank you for the help.

ErinWynd55

#58625 - 01/04/19 01:54 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei [Re: 3kmom]
FairWood70 Offline

I have a 1 bedroom from 4/4/2019 to 4/11 that I need to rent. Health reasons

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.