Who's Online
0 registered (), 14 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Gary_Gai, Mikelowry, DalatWest, judithag, doubtful
43988 Registered Users
Forum Stats
43988 Members
107 Forums
1155 Topics
22338 Posts

Max Online: 156 @ 09/25/11 04:47 PM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 11008106
Coral Baja Resort Review 613468
Questions and Comments for Kihei 464716
Las Vegas Resort Review 459200
Kihei Resort Review 425151
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 337089
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 329669
Questions and Comments for Seaside 307618
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 283566
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 279912
Top Posters (30 Days)
LOTES 4
Pstreet1 4
Administrator 4
cougsmom 3
GrandmaKaren 2
bthorman 2
WIZ WORLD 2
salmon2day 2
vic232 2
da5stringking 2
magmuffin 1
wcampos 1
rina777 1
slabeaume 1
Racquael 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#709 - 03/02/04 11:04 AM Oceanside Resort Review
Anonymous
Unregistered

Have you stayed at Oceanside? Here's your chance to tell other owners what it's really like. How big is the pool? How hot is the hot tub? What do you wish you had known before you left home?

#773 - 10/07/06 03:27 PM Re: Oceanside Resort Review
ThisEndUp Offline

Loc: The O.C.
Definitely book Oceanside, not the San Diego resort. The resort is JUST south of Camp Pendleton - it's probably a 2 minute drive to the main south entrance. Plus, at Oceanside you can actually get a 3BR that sleeps 8. If you book San Diego, besides costing a LOT more credits, the biggest you can get a 1BR that *maybe* sleeps 4, and only 2 comfortably. Plus, the drive from there back to Camp Pendleton can take 60-70 minutes during traffic.

#772 - 10/07/06 11:22 AM Re: Oceanside Resort Review
MapBooks4U Offline

Loc: Riverside County, California
Hi kampdog!

The WM Oceanside is conveniently located near enough to the base to be perfect for you if you get your bookings in before there is nothing left.

I can' t remember when in March they hold graduation but if you look at Oceanside openings, there are quite a few for openings for March 1 - 18 and sprinklings after that, at least for 2 bedroom units, with and without twin beds.

Book soon so that you are not disappointed!

Diana

#771 - 10/07/06 01:11 AM Re: Oceanside Resort Review
kampdog Offline

Does anyone know about this resort as a place to stay for Marine Corp graduation? My nephew graduates in March I heard Oceanside is very close to Marine base but there is also the downtown I do want to have room for several relatives Mom & Dad, Grandpa etc. Thanks

#770 - 08/18/06 03:17 AM Oceanside Resort Review August 10-17th 2006
randylockard Offline

Loc: Anchorage, Alaska
Hello All!
Just spent a week at Oceanside from August 10-17th 2006. I must admit, after reading many negative posts I was not sure what to expect.
The unit was clean, well-stocked and in good working order. The noise from the train was almost unheard IF your door was closed and fairly loud if not.

Several pointers for those not familiar with the area:

#1) There is a small mini-mart that carries a variety of food, fruits and veggies within walking distance. It is just over the large bridge the resort sits near.

#2) The beach is out the front door, take a right, down stairs, cross the parking lot and thru the tunnel to the harbor. Continue past the harbor and tourist shops to get to the beach. It is about a 10 minute walk.

#3) Most (if not all) of the tourist shops and restaurants at the harbor (see #3 above) have a discount coupon of 10-15% available in the resort lobby.

#4) The Coaster, Amtrak and Metrolink station is about a mile away. The Coaster is the easiest way to get to Old Town and then hop a taxi to Sea-World. One way ticket price was $5.25 plus the taxi from Old Town was about $15. Coaster does not operate on Sundays. All 3 go to Anaheim to get to Disneyland. Taxi from Anaheim was about $10. Amtrak and Metrolink operate earlier and later than the Coaster (plus Sundays). Cost was about $15 per person (kids 1/2 that).

#5) The Staff at Oceanside was AMAZINGLY helpful.

#6) 2 Computers with a printer are available in the lobby for your use (IF, and I say a BIG IF, you can keep the teenagers from hogging them for their MY.SPACE addiction. No, that's not an exaggeration!)

#7) The gas line for the grill is turned off directly behind the grill. You need to turn it to use the grill.

#8) Harbor tours, fishing trips, whale-watching trips, and shark fishing trips are all available at the blue corner building at the harbor cat-walk. There is a discount coupon for all but the whale-watching trips in the resort lobby.

Hope this helps save you some time and head-aches.

Randy and Miranda Lockard
Alaskans who nearly melted in the abnormally high California summer heat

#769 - 07/14/06 01:59 PM Re: Oceanside Resort Review
dmwalker Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
What part of the building were you in? When we went there, we were above the pool, and could barely hear the trains. I don't think I heard them at all at night, just during the day, but it was sort of "in the distance" sound. I also loved Oceanside. I'm hoping to get bonus time there soon since we live somewhat close by.

#768 - 07/10/06 07:33 PM Re: Oceanside Resort Review
wowwer4kim Offline

My family and I spent 7 days at the Oceanside resort in early July 2006. We enjoyed the beautiful ocean view, the cozy atmosphere of the resort, and the security of the parking garage. We had passes to several attractions in the San Diego area, and the kids enjoyed the resort pool and the beach the most. I had pleasant experiences with the staff, they checked on us to make sure that we had a well equipped unit, it was a nice 3 bedroom, but we have been spoiled with the new Vegas resort and what it has to offer. If I had been to Oceanside before Vegas, I might have liked it more. It's a great location, and a very relaxing atmosphere. The only complaint I have...the trains!!! They run all hours of the day and night, and I had to keep the radio on at night to sleep. I recommend ear muffs, or a sound machine to soothe away the sounds of noisy train tracks!
I would agree that Worldmark is lucky to have such a good location...and we'll be back there again soon.

Resorts stayed in: Big Bear, Dolphins Cove x3, Oceanside, Las Vegas x 6 (Vegas Blvd. and Spencer Street), Indio

#767 - 05/30/06 04:30 PM Oceanside Resort Review
MandN Offline

Loc: Utah
My wife and I loved this resort. We were a little hesitant at first with all the bad marks against it. The weather was great, the room was great, and the staff did their job. With I-5 so close we did all the resorts with easy on and easy off access. Goes to show that you can't trust what other people say. Go with your gut and make your own judgment.

#766 - 05/08/06 05:58 PM Re: Oceanside Resort Review
DOLPHINS Offline

WE ARE GOING TO OCEANSIDE THE END OF THIS MONTH. IT WILL BE OUR FOURTH TIME BEING THERE. WE LOVE IT AND INTEND TO GO AT LEAST TWICE A YEAR. THE STAFF HAS ALWAYS BEEN GREAT. YOU DO NOT WANT TO TRY SOME OF THE WASHINGTON RESORTS IF YOU THINK THE STAFF THERE WAS BAD. THE BEACH IS A LITTLE LONGER THAN 5 MINUTES BUT THE WALK IS BEAUTIFUL. EVERYTHING IN CA IS A LITTLE MORE EXPENSIVE BUT THAT IS THE PRICE YOU PAY TO BE THERE.

#765 - 05/07/06 02:55 AM Re: Oceanside Resort Review
jhanick Offline

Loc: Marysville, WA
yea i havent been there since like 97 but i doubt it's changed much. didn't know there was a nice part. it's all touristy down there. i guess some people might like it. i tend to not like places with tons of people. growing up in FL near tons of tourist traps i think has made me immune to the lure of t hose places. anytime i visit a place, i always go to where no one else is.

#764 - 05/06/06 12:46 PM Re: Oceanside Resort Review
dmwalker Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
Living in San Diego, I know that certain parts of Oceanside has high crime, but in this particular area where the resort is, it doesn't seem like there is much. The resort is right by the harbor, which is very nice and has some upscale shops and restaurants, and the beach is a very family oriented beach. In fact, there are some very exclusive parts of Oceanside, mostly near the beach. In the last couple of years, they have built a lot of new houses and condos on or near the beach. Most of the crime seems to be inland Oceanside.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

� 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark� is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.