Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Topic Options
#27743 - 06/12/07 10:59 AM West Yellowstone Resort Review
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Have you stayed at West Yellowstone? Here's your chance to tell other WorldMark vacationers what it's really like. How big is the pool? How hot is the hot tub? What do you wish you had known before you left home?

#59316 - 12/03/21 05:52 PM Re: West Yellowstone Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
kathieh1 Offline

We had a great vacation at West Yellowstone October 18-24, 2021. Our two bedroom condo was large and well appointed with a full kitchen. It was very convenient from the parking lot to the elevator to the room. Due to COVID most people were wearing masks in public areas, and unfortunately the pools were under construction. We did almost all our own cooking rather than eat at restaurants, although we got Pizza one night and it was good. The location is just fantastic though - minutes from the Grizzly Bear and Wolf Center and right at the West Entrance to Park. We spent our time touring the park - both Yellowstone and Grand Teton. The staff were helpful responding to requests - more salt, extra blanket. The National Park Ranger Station is right there is town. If you want to see Yellowstone you'll find this Worldmark very convenient and comfortable.

#59251 - 06/15/21 02:11 PM Re: West Yellowstone Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
CarlaS Offline

Off to a very rocky start. Drive almost 10 hours to get here. Arrived at4:30 and too was not ready. Then found out the pool and hot tubs are closed for maintenance. Not looking forward to the next 5 days. Probably will never return. So far the worst Worldmark I’ve stayed in and I’ve been a member for over 25 years.

#59158 - 11/22/20 02:01 PM Re: West Yellowstone Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
mathissimple Offline

We have two Yellowstone weeks available for 2021. Contact me if interested. School extended and can't go.
Jun 8 and 15 check in. One bedroom units.

#58910 - 09/03/19 09:08 AM Re: West Yellowstone Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
Dindia Offline

Definitely not our favorite resort. The location is very good for seeing the park, and the resort was very kid friendly. Activities in the game room included wooden train table and giant connect four as well as foosball and ping pong. Also extra outside games and craft activities for kids. Unfortunately, the rooms are smaller than usual, and maintenance, upkeep, and housekeeping are not up to worldmark standards. Don’t bother with the complimentary housekeeping if you stay more than a week. All they do is change out the towels, and it is easier to just do that than schedule a housekeeping. Also, nothing like restaurant lists, coupons or menus available, staff are kind of like a cheap hotel, they do things if asked directly and it’s not too hard, maybe.

#58361 - 06/16/18 05:00 PM Re: West Yellowstone Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
riftigger Offline

Loc: Washington
Just spent a week at West Yellowstone and the resort was great. We stayed in a 2 bedroom and it was very nice. Their is no presentation at this resort so you don't have to worry about constant phone calls interrupting your stay. We were on the 3rd floor and we could not hear anyone that were in the rooms next to us. The resort has a very nice indoor pool and 2 hot tubs. One was down for maintenance but it was never crowded.

#57271 - 10/20/16 07:07 AM Re: West Yellowstone Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
nellbek Offline

Stayed in a one bedroom in mid-Sept. Had a room facing the east so we had nice sunrises and hearing the wolves at discovery center across the street each morning was pretty neat. No problem with room size or amenities (full kitchen, bath, laundry), usual Worldmark. However, check in was a complete mess and there were a ton of very unhappy people that their room wasn't ready at 4:00pm. It doesn't make much sense that a very busy resort would have trouble with check in and housekeeping. If you're out and about, I would suggest calling to see if your room is ready first. One issue we had was that our room was not clean, a first at Worldmark. The counters were sticky, there were long, dark hairs in the bathroom (not ours), and I'm pretty sure the carpets weren't vacuumed. Nothing some lysol wipes and slipper wearing won't fix, but still gross and disappointing. Also, we never came in very late, but the outside doors were never locked. It wasn't our favorite resort, but being so close to the park and shopping restaurants downtown definitely made it nice.

#57217 - 09/21/16 12:45 PM Re: West Yellowstone Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
Ken Fritts Offline

We just stayed a Yellowstone for 5 nights. Really enjoyed the resort. We had a 3 bedroom and it was very comfortable. Staff was very nice. Good Pool with 2 hot tubs and a kiddie pool, our grandsons liked the kiddie pool. There are 2 grocery stores in town and several places to shop for pretty much anything you might need. We only ate out once and it was not too good. You are about 1 mile from the west entrance to the park.

#48332 - 07/24/12 05:09 PM Re: West Yellowstone Resort Review [Re: ]
btaylor Offline

Loc: Idaho
We just returned from a week stay in a 2 bedroom unit - ground floor.

The facility is nice but doesn't offer as many things as other resorts:

They have the indoor pool and 2 hot tubs; a game room with 3 machines and a rec center with only a pool table that cost $3/hour to play. It was never played. The have a sport court with a Basketball hoop. They have 2 computers to use that were fairly fast. They have plenty of room to add ping pong table, horse shoes, etc so maybe additions can happen in the future.

The rooms were ok however a little smaller than others especially in regards to the kitchen/kitchen table layout. TV is fixed and hard to see from all seats.

The hallways are very narrow which was bothering at first. The walls/floors are thin as reported as you do hear everything. The in room Internet access was terribly slow and couldn't get it addressed.

There's no sales office which was nice as that means you didn't have to be bothered with a sales/owner update.

The central BBQ area was close and easy to use. The resort also has a lot of parking spaces which is nice.

#47286 - 02/29/12 10:51 AM Re: West Yellowstone Resort Review [Re: ]
myartinstructor Offline

Loc: Montana
West Yellowstone is absolutely the best! I've stayed there a few times. It's only a 45 minute drive from Bozeman where I live. What a delightful quiet place to relax! Very clean and neat. Rooms beautiful. And you're right next to a fantastic wilderness, great plein air painting opportunities, and small town atmosphere. The wolf habitat across the street provides some wonderful "howling" in the early morning.

#46491 - 10/01/11 09:36 AM Re: West Yellowstone Resort Review [Re: ]
Jim N Offline

We stayed at West Yellowstone for nine days in September. This is an ideal time for this location. Most children are back in school, so the park is not crowded, but nearly all facilities in the park are still open. We saw large herds of bison, many elk, some pronghorn antelopes, one moose and one bear. No wolves in the wild, but we did view the captive wolves in the Discovery Center near the condo. Also heard them howling one evening.

The West Yellowstone facilities were great, especially the indoor pool, which was kept very warm. I used it for the adult swim hours morning or evening every day, and only once was there another swimmer in the pool, although there were some in the spa.

One word of caution: Be careful not to fully close the sliding glass balcony door behind you if you are on an upper floor. We went out to view a pass of the space station at 6:41 one morning. It came by right on schedule, very visible in the clear morning sky. However we discovered that the balcony door had locked behind us. We spent 45 minutes out there before our banging on the railing attracted the attention of someone in a room below. She called the front desk, who sent up a man who had to break the hinged night lock on our entrance door. (It turns out that is very easily done!)

If you are coming from the south, there is a very large supermarket in Rexburg, the last real town before the park.

#46131 - 08/18/11 06:47 AM Re: West Yellowstone Resort Review [Re: ]
bethobe Offline

We just returned from the West Yellowstone resort. We had a 2 bdrm ada unit. The unit itself was beautiful and fairly comfortable. We had to rearrange the furniture a little because the TV's are in fixed locations and are difficult to move. The internet had several very slow times. We called the internet bridge provider and they addressed it, but had we not called it would have stayed slow. Well worth the call. We were watching netflix, so not sure if that was the problem.
We travelled 14 hours to get there so we took the park in days and chunks, which made it much more enjoyable. This seems to be the norm as most all the shops stay open till 9 or 10 at night and several are open until midnight.
The property has a community bbq area outside by the pool. It was nice to visit with other owners while waiting, but we needed to know to go turn the gas on for each bbq. Overall it was a great visit, the weather changes every very quickly so bring layers. It was 70's all week and we kept the windows open and fans going it was perfect.

#46011 - 08/08/11 09:23 AM Re: West Yellowstone Resort Review [Re: ]
Jack and Jo Offline

The resort has a nice lodge look as you come upon it at the south edge of town. There is good parking for RV’s and/or snowmobile trailers when available and room to drive one through the lot from one entry/exit to the other. The sidewalk entries are covered and have two double door entries to the halls. There is a children’s play area and basketball court on one side of the pool building and four gas BBQ grills and two picnic tables on the other side of the pool building. The two bedroom floor plan does have the TV in an odd place but we hardly had time to watch it and I didn’t see where else it could have set. There were no false alarms going off in the middle of the night. The noise level is the most quiet that we have heard in any resort we have visited but we were away from the parking area. The luggage racks do have a mind of their own. But the hallways are not curved. They are straight as an arrow except at the three corners where the next hallway starts and there is room to pull your cart over in front of the room doors. We did not hear any howling coyotes but did hear the wind howling through the hall door if any of the windows in the unit were open when there was a stronger breeze. Our rooms, located on the sunny park side of the building, cooled down each night after opening the windows. The stomping noise on the floor above the units is coming from kids running down the enticing straight hallways that beckon run, run! This was the only annoying noise that we had during our six day stay. The people staying on the third level don’t hear this and so don’t ask their children to stop running. We had two 2B units and the friendly front desk personnel were kind enough to put us side by side. I had called two days ahead before our arrival and asked to bridge the twin beds into one full bed and it was not ready. While we were waiting at the desk during check in the staff contacted the right employees and the bed was almost finished when we arrived at the room. I seem to attract mosquitos and they were there in the park always near the water. The first week of August we didn’t notice them so much during the evening but we used spray to avoid them. Many of the resorts that we have visited have the grills located in a safe fire area and not on the room decks when they resorts are located in forested area or sometimes in highly populated areas. It’s not handy but definitely easier to stop the flames.
The resort is two blocks from the road that leads to the park entrance and the drive to the fee booths is at least one mile in ($25.00 per car good for 7 days). To arrive at any of the geysers and other sights it is another 13 or so miles to the loop drives which are each about 40 miles round trip. Always pay attention to the side roads that say no RV’s because those roads have little or no turn arounds when they are full of cars during mid-day. We traveled early and late in the park for there were less cars and more animal sightings. We had rainy weather and were prepared for it with our rain ponchos. The park has an eerie effect when everything is steamier in the cooler weather. We also had three beautiful sunshine days. Bring the suntan lotion!

#45725 - 07/16/11 05:49 PM Re: West Yellowstone Resort Review [Re: Jack and Jo]
Grammie3boys Offline

Loc: Oregon
We just returned from West Yellowtone and absolutely LOVED it! The park was incredible- tried to see as much as we could in the time we had. The resort was the nicest in town and super close to the park. Our visit was too short to see everything but we spent 3 nights in a Studio SN and 2 nights in a 2BR- both on the 3rd floor and they were both very quiet units. The studio murphy bed was really uncomfortable and felt too small. The icemaker didn't work but someone came right up to try and fix it and brought a bag of ice but the fridge required a special part. They were kind enough to offer as much ice as we'd need for our stay. No problems with the 2BR- it was much more comfy and we were so pleased when the front desk called us in the morning to let us know we could move into our new room. We had asked them about it the night before but it depended on the people vacating it. We were just getting ready to carry everything down to the car until we could get the new room when they called-YAY!The staff were so friendly- really nice people. We used the BBQ one night and the pool/spa. Not many people used either. As always they had tons of coupons in the lobby which we took advantage of. One thing we noticed is that the parking lot was only half full, the elevator was always empty, not many people around yet there were never any rooms available online when I was looking at bonus time when I checked online. It certainly didn't appear to be full at any time during our visit from Sunday eve to Fri morning. We enjoyed the resort and the park, planning to go back in a year or two and stay much longer.

#45658 - 07/11/11 10:59 AM Re: West Yellowstone Resort Review [Re: ]
Jack and Jo Offline

We are excited about our first upcoming visit to the West Yellowstone resort during the first week of August 2011. There doesn't appear to be many updated posts so we will do our best to check out the mosquitos, resort, good eats, weather and fun. We are taking four grandchildren so we'll be keeping up on fun things for kids to do as well as adults night out. We have visited the park twice before, the last time was about twenty three years ago before the big park fire. We started out on the wait list in November 2010 and by the middle of June 2011 we're pleased to have the two rooms we were hoping to get.

#45346 - 06/06/11 04:41 PM Re: West Yellowstone Resort Review [Re: ]
Rebellen22 Offline

I just got back from a week stay. The best part about going in spring is you get to see all the new baby animals and there is less traffic in the park. The worst part is spring weather, we got snow and freezing temps. The cold air made all the hot water in the park steam which is cool, but it made seeing the Old Faithful eruption and all the colors of the pools difficult. Had a great time anyway. The resort is nice and my son loved the indoor pool because he could swim even though it was cold.

I also wanted to mention for those of you that have either never stayed at a WM resort or never had anyone staying in the room above you, the floors are very thin at every WM resort I have stayed at so far. This is a multi-level resort and you can hear the people walking in the unit above you. If you need quiet during the DAY I recommend staying some where else. It was very upsetting to me to receive a noise complaint call every time I entered my unit. I didn't have any loud parties and we didn't even spend a lot of time in our room.

#44377 - 02/12/11 05:41 PM Re: West Yellowstone Resort Review [Re: CJCottrill]
flybyday Offline

I just booked the Pres and was looking for some good pics. Thanks for taking the time to take and upload these. Very much appreciated!!

#44359 - 02/10/11 11:07 PM Re: West Yellowstone Resort Review [Re: bigghoggee]
normapomero Offline

Because of the good reviews about the west yellowstone resort I am eager and excited to see it with my own eyes.

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.