Who's Online
0 registered (), 41 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Page 2 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 20 21 >
Topic Options
#9977 - 04/13/04 09:03 PM Questions and Comments for Coral Baja
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Have questions regarding this resort? Want to give someone kudos for the great story they shared in their Vacation Journal or for their awesome photo album? Do it here. Title your reply "Questions - Coral Baja," "Kudos: Journal - Coral Baja," or "Kudos: Photos - Coral Baja." This will make it easy to search this thread to find the questions and answers or respective kudos. Be sure to gibe us the username for your thank you.

Best Regards,

Vacation Forum Admin

Edited by Administrator (10/03/14 11:21 AM)

#58934 - 10/15/19 08:09 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
SKing Offline

Loc: Florida
I am planning a trip to Cabo for June. I have requested a 1 bedroom deluxe. On site it says that it is in Phase 1 or Phase 3 of the resort. I look at the site map and I am unsure where Phase one or three are, Could someone advise?

Also, excursions... did you go through a company and pay before getting there, or did you wait to get there to figure out what the resort offered?

Thanks in advance.

#58900 - 08/17/19 07:34 PM Re: Cab ride?? [Re: gwtwfool]
Joklein535 Offline

I have done both renting a car and taking the taxi/bus. I want to say last year it was about 8 US dollars to the closest town/and grocery store. To go to big Cabo i do not know.

Renting a car is easy. I rent from catcus car rental. the cost quoted on the internet includes the mexican insurance. When you get there they may try to get you to go see a timeshare in about 6 times renting the asked once. I just said not interested and off we went. So I wouldnt rule it out. I haven't ever had a problem.

#58899 - 08/16/19 01:51 PM Re: Cab ride?? [Re: gwtwfool]
bccsrc Offline

I wouldn't take the taxi from the airport to Coral Baja. I would take the shuttle. It's $22.00 per person.

https://www.caboshuttleservices.com/

They have cabs onsite. They will take you to the grocery store or anywhere you want to go.

Have Fun!

#58895 - 08/16/19 12:57 PM Re: Cab ride?? [Re: Forum Host]
gwtwfool Offline

Loc: Utah
We went a couple of years ago with Spanish speaking friends who wanted to rent a car. They paid and handled it all, so we didn't care. We booked for next year and are taking non Spanish speaking friends, so none of us will speak the language. We don't really want to rent a car. How much is a cab ride from the airport for 4 people? How hard is it to get a cab once we are at the resort to go into San Jose or grocery store? Pricing????

#58767 - 04/07/19 12:47 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
HarleyLover Offline

We will be heading here at the end of April for five nights; first four in a 2BR PH; last one in a 1BR Deluxe. The unit description says "Hot tub on the deck. Located in Phase 1." I can't tell from the Resort Map what building Phase 1 would be . . . can anyone clarify? I thought I read somewhere that the 2BR PH are all located in Building 1 --

#58711 - 02/25/19 06:17 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
Joklein535 Offline

This is my FAV resort. I go to Cabo once or twice a year and I always stay at Coral Baja.

Car Rental- There is no problem driving in Cabo. I have done both the car rental and the taxi/bus. My sweetheart loves having the car so we do that. We have never had a problem with driving or traffic.

A recent post had said that there was a lot of loud music. I think I am sensitive to loud noise/music. I do not find the music loud. I happen to enjoy the bingo and the water aerobics too.

There are a few good places to eat that I love. I will update this when I get down there in a couple of days!!

#58676 - 01/29/19 04:24 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
pebert23 Offline

We have a two bedroom front building booked at Coral Baja for March 19-28th. Our friends aren't coming now so really only need a 1 bedroom. If there happens to be anyone who has a one bedroom that would like to swap with us we would be happy to discuss. Thanks.

#58630 - 01/06/19 07:51 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja - do's and don'ts [Re: BeckyL]
grantw7 Offline

Loc: Squamish, BC, Canada
We have been there several times but not returning again. Reason: non-stop loud music all day!
Last year and this year we are doing Ilsa Mujeres. They keep the music low and there are times there is no music. There is also no bingo or aquafit class so quiet around noon.
The downside is there is no ocean view which we missed not going to Cabo.
For 2020 we are doing an RCI exchange to Puerto Vallarta to get the ocean view back.
When Cabo was closed after the hurricane we did 2 different RCI locations in Cabo and neither of them had non-stop music so it is not just a "Mexico thing" that must be endured.
Otherwise, I totally agree with the post from Beckyl.
I did the car rental several years ago when the traffic was half what it is today. Would not do it now.
The only thing good about the Walmart was their pastries were better than La Comer.

#58620 - 01/04/19 07:15 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja - do's and don'ts [Re: Forum Host]
BeckyL Offline

Just returned from a fabulous 1st time in Cabo!! Since this was our first trip, I thought it might be helpful for those of you considering a vacay down here. Here is my do and don't list:
DO's
*Go to Coral Baja! The resort staff is amazing and the whole resort is very clean and just gorgeous. Beautiful beach front, awesome pool, swim up bar, on site food, and tons of activities! The pool activity guy is fabulous!
*Book early and try to get Phase 1 rooms. We actually stayed in the back building and it wasn't bad - in fact quieter than building 3 (we also had a room there). Building 3 gets a lot of freeway noise and there is construction next door. We left the fan on in the bathroom overnight to try to drown out the noise.
*Book an adventure through their activities desk. We went to the Arch on a glass bottom boat, and the company was great! 1/2 of my family also did Wild Canyon and bungee jumping. They loved it!
*There are a couple vendors out on the beach, but they are super friendly. Raoul made beautiful bracelets for my kids and Jesse James gave me and my girls a horse back riding experience - right there just steps away from the resort. Very reasonable and super friendly. In fact, I never encountered any pusher vendors there or in Cabo San Lucas.
*Go to Sardina Cantina - just steps away from the resort. Tiny restaurant but the food is great - especially after a full day of travelling!
*Shop at these stores less than 5 minutes away - La Comer, I give 5 stars. Has everything you would find at a Fred Meyer, plus Costco like items (huge bags of tortilla chips (Kirkland signature brand). Also has a deli bar with all the Salsa/Guac fixings you can buy! Just scoop up guacamole, pica de gallo, salsa, and other must haves! Chedraui[u] is also just across the street, just not as easy to drive into.
*[/u]California Ranch Kitchen[u] in The Villages at Palmilla is a must for those who have food intolerances like me. Had many great items for me to choose from.
*DO explore San Jose del Cabo. Great little shops, church, perfect place to walk around and get something to eat. Lots of choices!

DON'T
*Don't go to Walmart - omg, this place is laid out terribly and it was difficult to find what we wanted. Bad choice on our part.
*Don't go to Costco - seriously, we have 4 kids and made our way to Costco in Cabo. It was fine and we could find everything we wanted, but then we went to La Palmer by the resort the next day and it had everything we got at Costco. Why did we do that??? It's a 30 minute drive to Costco and 30 minutes back.
*Don't drive if you don't have to. We rented a car at the airport - which was painstakingly the longest transaction ever. The Worldmark rents cars on site! We could of just done that when we needed it!
*Speaking of driving - OMG, it's crazy how fast people drive down there and zip in and out of lanes. Also, you are on Highway 1, with no merge lane. I don't know how they avoid accidents. The roundabout by the grocery stores is the "Circle from Hell" - this is a nerve wracking event for anyone who drives there. Everything is one way, so if you are driving on the oceanside and need to turn left, you have to go quite a way to turn around.
Also - PEOPLE ACTUALLY CROSS AND WALK ON THIS FREEWAY! It's Crossy Road or Frogger - so dangerous! You can do it - I just wouldn't to again.

We will definitely be back - one of our favorite vacations yet!

#58578 - 11/27/18 04:54 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: BeckyL]
bthorman Offline

Loc: San Francisco Area
For that many people you should pre-book a shuttle to the resort. There are a couple you can find online or you can contact the resort directly. Ask when you book, some will make a stop at the grocery store on the way. If not, the grocery store is walkable from the resort, though you might want to take a cab back.

As far as the "sharks", just keep walking all the way through to the outside or where ever your shuttle has asked you to meet them.

Off the resort I would only drink bottled. I don't remember about the water in the taps at the resort. It's definitely safe to brush your teeth, but I can't remember if we drank it or not.

#58576 - 11/26/18 06:16 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
BeckyL Offline

First trip to Coral Baja after Christmas with our entire family - 4 kids, ages 12-20. First time in Mexico and I have no idea what to expect. Feeling a bit nervous about the entire trip. Help me feel better and ease my concerns. Need info on how to get 6 of us to/from airport safely without all the timeshare sharks in the airport; how and where to get groceries, very expensive to eat out all the time for all of us; bottled water vs. water from tap? to wash hands, brush teeth, wash produce, etc..

Wanting to relax and enjoy the sun!
musicmommy4 - Seattle

WM member for 20 years, been to: Camlin, Mariner Village, Leavenworth, Birch Bay, Lake Chelan Shores, Discovery Bay, Long Beach, Arrowpoint, Seaside, Eagle Crest, Kihei, Kingstown Reef, Oceanside, Windsor, Anaheim,

#58541 - 10/25/18 09:52 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
kavna4 Offline

I will be at Coral Baja for 1 week starting January 4th. I would like to share cost of a panga if anyone is interested in a fishing trip on maybe the 6th, 7th or 8th.
Please leave me a message.

Tony

#58537 - 10/22/18 06:59 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
Maynard503 Offline

Notice: Timeshare presentation scam in the Cabo area. We just got back from Cabo and went to a presentation in the San Jose area. One of the item which they offer is a "free week" anywhere RCI is. What they don't tell you is the "first pick vacation" free week is VERY limited in the property to choose from. I activated our account and looked for inventory in the Cabo area and every month in 2019 there is only one or two properties available (Hotel type)which are not close to the beach. SPREAD THE WORD. These Timeshare presentations are trying to get you to trade in your wordmark points.

#58533 - 10/18/18 05:53 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ssswck]
bthorman Offline

The rooms are the same, it's just lesser views and more road noise. Some also have their own hot tubs.

#58532 - 10/17/18 12:59 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
ssswck Offline

Have reservations for a back building unit in February, although I'm wait-listed for the front. I've stayed at CB often, but never in the back. Is it as awful as I've heard? Are the units lesser quality? Or is it just the noise factor from the road? As much as I'd like to hear good things, I really the truth, lol. Thx

#58289 - 04/27/18 02:54 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
DennisG Offline

Loc: Olympia, WA
Hello everyone ... It has been a while since I have been on this site... we are heading back to this amazing resort the end of May for 10 days.

Thought it would be helpful to post an update to the travel document I have been using/updating from our travels to CSL over the past 10 years.

Notes from our stay a couple of years ago:

First and foremost, the resort is still everything that we remembered and more. We always stay in a 1BR Deluxe, this trip we are in the first building on the 5th floor and our room could not be more perfect. From the views to the upgraded interior - just perfect. Here are a few items that stand out from our arrival and first night:

The airport is the same with the exception of the Timeshare sharks - they added two additional rooms/gates once you clear baggage it is very confusing and had many unexperienced travelers "held" up. Once you get your bag and proceed around the corner, you wait to provide the international documentation from the plane. After you are asked if you are carrying any alcohol you press a button if it is green you proceed, if it is red, you have to place your bags in X-ray and have them inspected.

Once you exit through the sliding doors, the adventure begins. Lots of folks asking you if you are looking for the shuttle or taxi trying to stop you - "hey folks, where are you staying".. over and over. We know better and just booked it past two additional sets of sliding doors until we we're outside. I rent a car, so we quickly preceded to the shuttle that is parked outside and were taken to the rental agency.

Two things about renting a car in Mexico, Third Party Coverage is mandatory and although most leverage their credit card to cover this, I add it to the rental. To be honest it's the most expensive part. You can rent a car here for $7 a day, that's a standard car like VW Jetta, it's an additional $15 for TPI. My total for 12 days is about $350. We have both of our sons and one has a girlfriend joining us so I will be making additional trips to pick them up, the cost of shuttling all of them makes up for the cost. When you exit the shuttle to go into the rental agency (I use Alamo, but they are all like this), a person will say "where are you staying", just smile and say - With friends. If you tell them your hotel they know two things - you are already someone that purchased a timeshare (or not), and you are not staying at X resort so they can try to get you to attend x presentation. How nice..... They will follow you to the counter and ease drop on your conversation with their "Friend" at the rental desk. Just have your print out with the cost as the next trick is to act like your reservation is higher than what you booked - they said my rental was $475 - I just simply said "check your math “my friend”, and I have proof of the rental that states otherwise. Next he says "where are you staying" trying to get this so his friend can be armed to act - just smile and say "I did not". Next they say, I added this up again and - bam... it was the exact cost of my rental. In my case the Timeshare shark knew that I was not game and walked away without saying another word. In previous years, they usually say they will cover the cost of the rental if I attend a presentation.

I use the toll road to get to our hotel, the cost is about $2.00 US. You get a ticket at the first gate and pay at the second that is about 5 miles down the road. Note – to get to WCB you need to pass the resort and use a “return” to go under a bridge and loop back.

The resort is, as always – just perfect. All of our friends that have taken care of us for years are still working here.

On our first night, we decided to head into the hotel zone and grab dinner. Talk about upgrade… wow, lots of new shopping just across the road from the major hotels and some great new restaurants. We decided to eat at the Rock & Brew. I had wings and we split a burger, my wife had a side salad. Great service, good beer and quality food; we will go back.

Highlights of this trip (outside of relaxing)

http://www.habanerosgastrogrill.com/

Had the opportunity to have an early supper at Habaneros, we arrived about 4:30 and were pleased that we could still order off of the lunch menu – over half off their dinner menu.

I had their signature Habaneros burger it was perfect! Tami had their fish tacos and was very happy.

My son and I took a lunch trip to the San Jose Marina and had lunch at the Container – this is located right next to the dolphin encounter. This is the second time I have been to the container and it was very good. There is nothing else to do at the marina, but walk around and look at boats..

http://www.thecontainerbar.com/

We also ate and drank a couple of times at the Baja Brewing bar in San Jose – it’s off of one of the side streets behind the main square. Love, love their pizza!

http://www.bajabrewingcompany.com/gateway

#58229 - 03/22/18 09:16 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
Pooh6 Offline

How much is a cab to Cabo San Lucus? thank you

#58182 - 03/03/18 08:42 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: labrosse]
Mexicodiver27 Offline

Loc: Suburb of Denver
It is an easy 20 minute drive on the top road from the airport to CB.
Take a day and go to Todo Santos. The car opens up several places to go and see.

#58181 - 03/03/18 04:22 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: labrosse]
MollyW Offline

I pm’d you. smile

#58179 - 03/02/18 05:28 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: sdrealtorgirl]
poorman Offline

We have been to Coral Baja 2 or 3 times and airport is just a few miles (10 at the most) from the hotel at Coral Baja. We have never needed a vehicle as the hotel flags taxis for you and we golfed and went fishing out of San Lucas (big shopping center there also). It is like $10 for a ride in hotel shuttle from airport. Unless you plan on driving inland away from the cities you probably don't need a vehicle. Great restaurant right on the property and a beautiful beach (not for swimming though). Also a nice pool on site. Store about 3/4 mile up the road (East) to get groceries, water, etc. It has a small "gym" with about 4 machines as I recall. I caught a Mahi-Mahi off coast of San Lucas last time and brought 1/4 of it (filled by captain) back to the hotel and the restaurant marinated it for 3 hours and the best fish I have ever had.

#58177 - 03/02/18 04:53 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Mexicodiver27]
labrosse Offline

Hello, we are heading to the resort in three weeks. is it hard to get from the airport to the resort as we are renting a vehicle for the entire time we are there.

#58171 - 02/28/18 11:59 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
Cowboy18 Offline

We will be arriving April 14, 2018. Do you have any recommendations for transfers from the airport? Also, we may decide to do a one day rental car and want to know if that is still available at the resort. Any other information you wish to share would be great.

Thank You

Rolmike

#58164 - 02/25/18 06:42 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Joklein535]
Mexicodiver27 Offline

Loc: Suburb of Denver
My wife and I always rent a small car. When comparing airport shuttles round trip and taxi rides into town, the price is comparable. Nearly every trip we take a day trip someplace and the car allows us to have the freedom to do so.

Arriving this March 20-27and I'm looking into rental cars now.

#58153 - 02/21/18 08:00 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: labrosse]
Joklein535 Offline

I have done both drive and did the bus
. There is a grocery store that is walking distance and you can take a cab back to the resort with you groceries. the buses are easy. If you want to do outings, usually they will pick you up for the event and bring you back.

#58101 - 01/30/18 01:07 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: labrosse]
bthorman Offline

We did rent a car cause it's nice to have one available, but the taxis are great. We probably wouldn't rent one next time - or only for a couple days.

#58100 - 01/30/18 12:23 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
labrosse Offline

for Cabos resort, is it better to rent a car for the week or better to rent for a day or two and then cab it to where you need to go including shuttle to the resort?
thanks
Brent

#58099 - 01/30/18 12:16 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
labrosse Offline

hello fellow Worldmark owners. We are heading to Cabos for the first time as new owners so looking for hints about this resort with the following questions? is it better to rent a car from the resort rather than from a rental car agency in town, especially for one or two days? How far is the resort from Cabos and it is easy to take buses to and from the resort if you want to go into town? How far is the nearest grocery outlet and is are there scooters available to rent anywhere as we could not find this type of transporation available anywhere on any website?
thanks
Brent

#58059 - 12/27/17 08:55 AM Re: Coral Baja - Baja Sur Violence [Re: Forum Host]
jacqueduvall Offline

We've been going to Baja Sur since 1994 and have enjoyed the area very much. Recently there has been a lot of violence there between Cartels and Baja Sur now has the highest murder rate in all of Mexico. What is being done by WM Management to ensure we are safe and what are they doing to stress the importance to government officials to clean up the mess?

#57996 - 11/01/17 07:21 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
Maynard503 Offline

For those if you that take umbrellas and chaos into the grass For the day... please return them to the pool area. Have you seen those poor girls trying to put the umbrella back? We are owners and we should be picking up after ourselves.

#57908 - 09/01/17 06:17 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
Maynard503 Offline

Is there any information on the resort with today's major storm?

Page 2 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 20 21 >

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.