Who's Online
0 registered (), 34 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Topic Options
#35288 - 01/07/09 11:12 AM New Braunfels Resort Review
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Have you stayed at New Braunfels? Here's your chance to tell other owners what it's really like. How big is the pool? How hot is the hot tub? What do you wish you had known before you left home?

#59233 - 05/12/21 10:03 AM Re: New Braunfels Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
bthorman Offline

Loc: San Francisco Area
We just returned from 2 nights in a SN room. It was GREAT! The only issues were minor and only the lower bedroom - the door wouldn't stay open, the top dresser drawer kept opening about an inch and the TV sometimes hung when trying to connect to the cable.

The good - there was more storage in the kitchen that I've EVER seen in a WM before (2 pantries and several empty drawers and cupboards). It's located very close to Guerne and we even got delivery from Black's BBQ.

The bad- although the lower bedroom's bathroom was spacious, had bars in the bath/shower, and did have a shower chair, the only roll-in shower was upstairs! Even they didn't know why.

Since my condition in temporary, I was able to use the shower in the lower bedroom and we will DEFINITELY go back.

#58980 - 12/21/19 03:37 AM Re: New Braunfels Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
bthorman Offline

Loc: San Francisco Area
Has anyone stayed here recently? Is it still as nice as the previous reviews say?

#56968 - 06/11/16 07:46 AM Re: New Braunfels Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
swhite3501 Offline

We stayed for only one night, 6/9/16, after taking our 4 kids to Schlitterbahn. We were pleased with the resort for our sort stay. Upon walking in you get that wow factor with the high ceilings and open loft. We stayed in a 2 bedroom with the master downstairs and the sofa bed on the upstairs loft and two full beds in the second bedroom. There was a bathroom in the master, one downstairs in the hallways, and one in the loft. My son actually locked us out of the bathroom on the loft and we had to call to have them open it. The resort was nice and what little interaction we had with the staff was a good one. They didnt pressure us too much about the owner update since we checked in at about 7pm and were going to be leaving the next day. There were TV's everywhere. Living room, master bed, loft, and second bedroom. The only complaints that I have are minor. There were areas of the room that could have been cleaner. In one of the bathrooms there was a corner of the floor that have a cobweb with a mosquito stuck in it. The the kitchen supplies were a bit scarce. Like pots and pans and such. But overall we liked it a lot and plan on coming back for a longer stay. Staff-10 Room-9

#56501 - 12/13/15 08:39 PM Re: New Braunfels Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
troxell Offline

Loc: Gilbert Arizona
We stayed at this resort from 11/16 to 11/21. It is one of the nicest WM resorts we have stayed at. We had a 2bdrm deluxe and it was wonderful. It was very roomy and comfortable for four adults.There is plenty to do and see while you are there. We would go back again.

#55468 - 12/26/14 05:27 PM Re: New Braunfels Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
da5stringking Offline

We are on our last night here in New Braunfels, and I must say that I have loved every minute here. We stayed here for Christmas, as part of our quarterly vacations that we are trying to take as a family. Check in was a breeze. The only thing is they kept pressing that they wanted to do a "welcome package" 15 minute meeting, which makes me think--3 hour "update" meeting. (We didn't end up connecting until our last day in the unit--A representative came to us and the meeting was only 15 minutes, and she left us with some coupons with no mention of buying additional credits or an update or anything, so that was a surprise. But I did stress that we were in a hurry to be leaving that morning.) But other than pressing for a 15 minutes meeting, check in was breezy and the unit was ready early.

I read on the forum that the floors of some of the units were painted cement--we had carpeting and wood. The units were comfortable and very spacious. The two floors made the unit seem huge. The extra 1/2 bathroom also came in handy with several children who all needed to go at once. Some may want a third shower, I prefer a third toilet. I also liked the location of the washer and dryer. My husband and I enjoyed the walk in closet and also the double sink master bathroom.

We enjoyed the pool. We were surprised that we saw almost no one else at the pool during our entire 5 day stay. Plenty of room for a little girl with a lot of energy to burn off. There was also just enough room at the hot tub for the rest of us. I can see how if there was a ton of people trying to use the pool would be an issue. Happily, it was an issue that we never had to face.

Tons and tons of great food! We loved Coopers down the street. Really good pit BBQ!

There was a lot to do while we were here. We drove into Gruene, New Braunfels, and San Antonio. We were able to see most of the sites there without huge crowds. The Natural Caverns were totally AWESOME and I am glad that we took the time to take a tour. Driving here is easy once you get the knack for it...and the landmarks are easy to recognize.

The only thing that was a downer for us, was coming home to our unit on our last night and not finding a place to park in the parking lot by our unit. None of the other cars in the parking lot had parking passes so I found that a little annoying. But other than that, I loved this resort. I can't say that we will ever be back, since it was a three-day trip to get here, but it was well worth our time.

Resorts Visited: Las Vegas Blvd 3X; Anaheim, CA; Oceanside, CA; Gleneden, OR; New Orleans, LA; Bear Lake, UT; Big Bear, CA; Santa Fe, NM; New Braunfels, TX. Next trip planned: San Diego--Inn at the Park.

#50654 - 08/17/13 12:09 AM Re: New Braunfels Resort Review [Re: ]
jerry_amanda Offline

Loc: Lackland AFB, TX
We stayed at this resort and I really liked it. We live in San Antonio so it was a quick drive for us. The pool size is fine and so is the hot tube. Texas is Hot so it is expected that the pool would be warm.
River just down the street in walking distance. Staff was extremely friendly. We did the owners meeting and learned a few new things but a 15 min meeting took 80 min for a $25 gift card. Paid for dinner that night. The only real con was the furniture. The couches were ripped but the leather is thin so that can be expected. They said they were in the middle of upgrading soon. The internet service was not working while we were there.
I recommend this resort to everyone. Also the town is right around the corner. "Gruene" pronounced Green.

#50282 - 06/12/13 11:12 AM Re: New Braunfels Resort Review [Re: ]
steeler1mws Offline

Has anyone stayed in New Braunfels in the December - January time frame? We are considering going there for Christmas. Can you swim? Are most San Antonio Attractions opened such as stores along the Riverwalk, SeaWorld, Six Flags, Zoo, Mercado, Alamo. Thanx for any information.

Mike

#49877 - 03/21/13 08:26 AM Re: New Braunfels Resort Review [Re: ]
CWestbrook Offline

Loc: St Louis, MO
This is a beautiful resort. I was traveling with 4 college-aged students for Spring Break and we all had a wonderful time! Our 3 BR townhouse was spacious on both the inside and outside. Parking was plentiful and convenient. My only disappointments/concerns were that it was listed as 3 bathrooms but was only 2.5, and there were no TVs in the upstairs bedrooms. The storage was massive. They are definitely designed that you could live in the units permanently. The kitchen was well equipped (even with a blender for icy drinks). We were about 30-45 mins from all the sites in San Antonio (depending on traffic/construction) and 10 mins to the outlet mall in San Marcos. There were grocery stores in each direction within 10 mins. Buck-ees (massive convenience store) was an experience in itself! The staff was very helpful and enforced the adult swim for the last hour (which we greatly appreciated). This resort will remain on our list to revisit. Enjoy!

#48208 - 07/05/12 09:16 AM Re: New Braunfels Resort Review [Re: ]
jbean090 Offline

Loc: Texas
We absolutely love this resort! Our first stay was right after it opened and our latest stay was just last week (6/17/12 - 6/24/12).
This stay we secured 2 condos - a 2 BR and a 3 BR. They were right next to each other, which was very convenient! We really appreciated the staff doing that for us. The units provide plenty of rooms for couples to spread out and little ones to run around and feel at home.
There is a second gas grill set up (aside from the one by reception and the pool) that was very convenient to our units and there was no competition in using them the 3 separate nights we grilled our dinner.
While there are trains that run throughout the night, we all slept through them, including our toddler. The front office also has earplugs for those needing them (we did not).
Staff is fantastic! We even needed a screwdriver to open the batteries for my toddler's new bubble blower and they were happy to assist!
We always had enough room to relax in the pool.
Our entire group had a wonderful time and we have kept the New Braunfels resort on our "short list" for future visits!
This resort is closer to shops, grocery stores, and restaurants than other WM resorts we've visited, so I think the comments that it's "way out" may be a bit overstated.

#43949 - 12/31/10 09:16 AM Re: New Braunfels Resort Review [Re: ]
rambi Offline

We spent summer vacation there and had a wonderful time. The resort is really nice with all that we required and well located to enjoy the Hill Country, San Marcos Outlets, and San Antonio. Great restaurants, great wineries and great shopping. Raging R is directly across the street so we went tubing down the Guadalupe River. After that week, we spent a long weekend during Wurstfest. It is a must if you have not been. Our second visit to the resort we were situated in the back of the resort that had a good view of nature and we even saw Mama deer with her baby. It so relaxing and eventhough I purchased the internet, I did not feel the need to check my work email. Afterall, we are on vacation. Great times!

Edited by rambi (12/31/10 09:19 AM)

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.