Who's Online
0 registered (), 26 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Topic Options
#1177 - 03/02/04 12:48 PM Steamboat Springs Resort Review
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Have you stayed at Steamboat Springs? Here's your chance to tell other WorldMark owners what it's really like. How big is the pool? How hot is the hot tub? What do you wish you had known before you left home?

#59266 - 07/22/21 01:13 PM Re: Steamboat Springs Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
aleju Offline

What's Steamboat Springs resort, and activities nearby, like in January?

Also, have any of you used the Yampa Valley Airport (HDN) to get to the resort?

Edited by aleju (07/22/21 01:19 PM)

#58901 - 08/20/19 08:10 AM Re: Steamboat Springs Resort Review [Re: elainedickson]
Icc5 Offline

Loc: Cupertino, California
My wife and I just spent a week in Steamboat Springs and it was one of the most relaxing trips we've had. I only wish we could have had our granddaughter with us but she is at her dad's for the summer. There are lots of activities for kids just outside what we consider the main part of town. They have a mountain slide,bike riding floating on the river,etc. For us, we usually drive a lot on vacation to se the other local cities but not much to see unless you make a much longer drive. We were here after spending several days in North Dakota(beautiful landscape and things to do), then drove to Cheyenne racing a tornado which was off to the right of us and then torrential rain for about 1/2 hour (being from California this was our first tornado experience and we did not like it. My phone yelled out alert,alert, shelter in place which is tough to do when you are on a country road with nothing around you or in sight. My wife was driving and we went from 65mph to 90 trying to outrun it. We did and made it to Cheyenne for one night before continuing on to Steamboat. In our 10 day vacation trip we put 1800 miles on the rental car.
Bart

#58126 - 02/12/18 03:23 PM Re: Steamboat Springs Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
Jhornung Offline

When we arrived at the Wyndham Resort December 15, 2017 in Steamboat Springs Colorado we were welcomed by Arianna. She was polite and efficient. There was a little hiccup regarding our check out date and I assured her that I would contact my friend that made my reservation and all would be straightened out. Little did I know that she was truly concerned, checked with me intermittently during our stay always offering her assistance. I was so impressed! She sees hundreds of people every week yet she remembered my specific details. She deserves special recognition.
Bianca is in management I think. When assisting me she never mentioned a title, she just cheerfully fulfilled my every request. She even personally delivered items at night in the cold. Bianca went way above and beyond expected customer service.
We have been visiting this resort for years. We’ve always been treated with kindness but these two young women we exceptional. I hope the company appreciates both of them. They deserve the highest accolades.

#58054 - 12/24/17 08:20 AM Re: Steamboat Springs Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
Mc2Kc3 Offline

Loc: Medford, OR
We just returned from an awesome pre-Christmas family vacation to Steamboat. The resot was perfectly located to the mountain and an easy 2 minute drive into town, if you so desired. First, let me speak to the staff. Absolutely amazing !!! From initial check-in to our many needs (we were a group of 8), they were extremely courteous, helpful, and alway willing to accommodate. Whether it was extra cooking pans, soap, impromptu dishwasher check as it was acting up, or the always on short supply with a group of 8, TP !! Even more refreshing was NOT receiving the 8 or 9 in the morning call from guest services trying to book us into an owner education. When they did call, it was to check that all our needs were being met and inquiring what else they could do. Hats off to the resort GM. You've trained your staff well. They get it.
The ski mountain speaks for itself. Huge, lots to do, well run machine. We do recommend the street tacos at the T-Bar, just off the beginner run, next to the snow roller coaster. Great locals hang-out, cheapest adult beverages on the mountain.
We were given a list of things to try/see from friends who use to live in Steamboat, and none disappointed. Fish Creek Falls hike was awesome, especially in the winter. We came upon a couple moose lounging alongside the trail, took in the great views, and were marveled by the frozen waterfall, with water flowing just beneath the surface ice. Strawberry Park Hot Springs is a must. We went during the day as we were warned of the clothing optional environment with the apre' ski crowd after dark, and we had kids with us.
Another must is going for breakfast at Winona's in downtown Steamboat. Just look their menu up online and you'll see what I mean. Great food, great portions, super friendly staff.
All in all, our trip was amazing and the staff at Worldmark Steamboat made it so. It's a 10 out of 10-will do again resort for us.

#57880 - 08/13/17 06:57 PM Re: Steamboat Springs Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
Ridge Offline

My family LOVES Steamboat Springs. The resort has nice pools and amenities.

BEWARE and do not spend the points on a penthouse unit. I invited my family so multiply units were needed. The one and three bedroom was much nicer then the penthouse. The sink area has no cabinet... it is open so you have a full view of the garbage disposal and plumbing. The stove was missing the drawer that usually holds the pots and pans. It looked unfinished and really kinda trashy. I complained...but no one cared. Stay away from unit #6304.

#57454 - 01/19/17 10:49 AM Re: Steamboat Springs Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
Snordo Offline

Loc: Torrance, California
Wondering what the difference is between the 2 bedroom Deluxe, Penthouse and Presidential units are? Or is it better to just get a 3 bedroom for extra space?

#57415 - 01/08/17 06:04 PM Completely Amazed!! [Re: Forum Host]
bradleypkm Offline

We came here for the 2016 Winterfest. For those of you who don't know, Steamboat has the greatest Winter carnival ever. Anyway we had a 2 bedroom unit on the top floor of whatever building we were in - view was the valley across the highway which was breathtaking. The rooms were beautiful, the amenities perfect, loved the pool in winter, and sitting by the fireplace at night couldn't be beat. Steamboat is the greatest town in Colorado (with Leadville a close second) and this resort lives up to the Steamboat standard. If you're skiing, they have a regular bus that runs back and forth. The lodge area is nice and the staff friendly. Not sure what else to add other than it was wonderfully peaceful at all times of day and night - no earplugs required to sleep. It was just a huge blessing to be a Worldmark owner and be able to enjoy such a slice of heaven.

#56360 - 10/20/15 07:46 AM Re: Steamboat Springs Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
DandJHansen Offline

Loc: Ogden, Utah
We arrived kind of late (Afterdark) so we were not sure what to expect in the morning. This was our first trip to this area of Colorado, and even though we were only staying for one night, I had researched some local activities before arriving for the next morning. Finding the resort was easy, good signage and we were able to get our room quickly. We had a 2 bedroom on ground floor. We could not find parking in the garage but was able to park outside close enough that it was not a long walk.

The room was nice, up to expected standards. I had read about poor maintenance, but did not see any of that. Everything seemed to work fine and no complaints about noise. No bad smells and the room was already warm when we walked in, maybe a little to warm. We turned the heat down. In the morning we ate and checked out pretty early so we could do a few things around town before continuing our drive to Estes Park.

One of the coolest things about Steamboat springs is the bears. On the way in to town, a large Black Bear crossed the road in front of us. to bad it was too dark to get a good picture of a Black Bear in the dark, but it was cool. About 45 mins after unloading, I had to go back out to the car to get an item and discovered a momma bear and her cub in the parking lot and digging in the garbage. To some that might seem frightful, but for us it was cool and the whole family came out to watch for a while. I also understand that it is not good for bears to be in the garbage and the resort needs to do better at preventing this from happening, but again we enjoyed the chance to see them.

The next day did not include any bears, but we did hike to the falls, and walked the river for a ways before leaving town. I managed to get 7 geocaches in the area which always adds to the fun.

#56039 - 06/25/15 12:12 PM Re: Steamboat Springs Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
bonnielo Offline

Loc: Morgan Hill, California
Last year on the one month between Winter and Summer (there is an off month that the regular Steamboat residents take off and go on vacation from us tourists) my granddaughter and I went to this Worldmark resort for the first time. We only live 3 hours away in Fort Collins, Colorado...but had never been to Steamboat.
The drive was spectacular! We saw eagle, moose, antelope, raging Cache de Poudre river and a snowy mountain pass (Cameron Pass).
Our 2 bedroom condo was perfect! No wear and tear, clean and modern.
We had a great time around town and relaxing by the Worldmark pool and hot tub.
Some of us will hike, some will innertube on the Yampa River, some will go up on the gondola. Depending on age and ability, we'll find our comfort level and do what we can do!

This year, I've booked a 3 bedroom and invited 4 friends. One of my friends is handicapped, and the unit I reserved is a handicapped unit.
The pool is equipped with a lift so that he can enjoy that feature with us. (I'm so proud of Worldmark for making units available for all people!) For those with food allergies like me, the ability to cook is fantastic and Steamboat has great grocery stores!

I've had my ownership through the Trendwest years and 1 husband. (haha)

When I lived in California I visited locations such as: Clear Lake, Solvang, Pismo Beach, Windsor, Camlin, Birch Bay, Clear Lake, Lake Tahoe, Lake Tahoe, Another Lake Tahoe, 2 Las Vegas Locations, Bali Hai Kauai, Monterey, New Orleans, Bass Lake,Angles Camp, Wolf Creek, Estes Park and Steamboat Springs. Might have forgotten something...?

I've loved having my Worldmark by Wyndham!

#55989 - 06/09/15 07:15 PM Re: Steamboat Springs Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
da5stringking Offline

My husband and I LOVED Steamboat Springs. This was a vacation that was just us, to recharge our parental batteries. This beautiful area did the trick. (I have lived in the desert my whole life so the Rocky Mountains were like an 8th wonder of the world!)

The resort was beautiful and very, very clean. We stayed in a one room unit and it seemed very big and roomy. The unit was clean. (I could walk around in bare feet and I didn't have to worry about my feet getting black.) It was also very quiet. We have quiet neighbors and the resort had a very peaceful and serene feeling to it. There were two pools, two hot tubs, a sauna, a steam room, a playground, and a large bbq area that we saw a lot of people using. My husband and I used the hot tub that was close to our unit every day and only on 2 of the 6 days we were there did we encounter anyone else using it.

The check-in was super easy. Anna at the front desk was wonderful. There was not one push to go to a meeting, which we both appreciated. The unit was finished on time and was wonderful to go into after a very long drive.

There were paths along the resort to walk. There was also a cute shopping center very close to the resort with eating places and a movie theater. We went to two movies while we were there. (We were the only people in the theaters in both of them...Very interesting!)

We found plenty to do. We drove to Fish Creek Falls and hiked the trails; we took the walking tour starting from the museum; we went to the botanical garden and walked the hiking/biking trail. We also drove out to Craig to see what we could see. We went on a drive to Pearl Lake and did some birding.

We enjoyed several places in town--We ate at Wynona's, Carl's, Johnny B. Goode's, and the Creekside Café. We also went to an open music jam at Schmigity's and had a great time.

We loved Steamboat. We would go back in a heartbeat. In fact, we will be getting my son a room for his honeymoon there, at his request. Keep up the good work at Steamboat!

Resorts Visited: Las Vegas BLVD (X6); Anaheim, CA; Oceanside, CA; Gleneden, OR; New Orleans, LA; Bear Lake, UT; Big Bear, CA; Santa Fe, NM; New Braunfels, TX; San Diego Inn at the Park, CA; Steamboat Springs, CO

On the Books: Pinetop, AZ; Anaheim, CA (again); Oceanside, CA (Again); and McAll, ID.

#54236 - 02/17/14 05:06 PM Re: Steamboat Springs Resort Review [Re: ColoNative]
CJCottrill Offline

Loc: Salt Lake City, UT
I didn't heed your advice and blew alot of credits that I shouldn't have. Had a great time though. Here's some shots of the 2 BR Penthouse. Gallery

#50515 - 07/23/13 06:13 PM Re: Steamboat Springs Resort Review [Re: rv7aflyer]
Nick Offline

Loc: Colorado
Maintenance continues to be a major deficiency at this otherwise wonderful resort. Under Trendwest it was excellent. Since Wyndham took over, maintenance has never been good. Lately it seems to have taken a turn for the worse.

#50492 - 07/22/13 05:19 PM Re: Steamboat Springs Resort Review [Re: ]
tleslie Offline

Steamboat was a nice place to be in the summer with plenty to do for all ages. However, I have one complaint and I typically do not write reviews or posts but felt compelled to tell about the room we stayed in. It smelled horrible and I could not pinpoint the smell. I could tell it wasn't food and it wasn't from the prior occupants. The smell was strong enough to wake me up throughout the night and have 4 days of a constant headache with nausea trailing me off and on. Upon our owner education meeting when I mentioned this, we were informed that a pipe had broke in that unit and another guest approx. 2 weeks ago on the same floor had complained about the same thing. Apparently it was odorized for us but it did not help at ALL.Ido not feel that it was fair that our use of credits were spent to stay in a room with a strong and unpleasant odor. Moving rooms was not an option apparently. I will say the staff was very friendly and Steamboat has many options for activities for all ages to enjoy.

#50445 - 07/12/13 07:19 PM Re: Steamboat Springs Resort Review [Re: ]
fecklar01 Offline

I did this without satisfaction

#50434 - 07/11/13 08:53 AM Re: Steamboat Springs Resort Review [Re: ]
rv7aflyer Offline

Stayed at Steamboat Building 2 on July 1, 2013. When I approached the front door to the building I saw that someone had taken out their trash and dripped liquid all the way out the door and down the steps. Disgusting. Left the next morning and returned for another night stay in Building 2 on July 8th, 2013 (Monday.) The same disgusting stain was on the entrance stoop and all the way down the steps, six days later. If I could have found a hose I would have cleaned it off myself.

I also had to repair the top hinge to the master bathroom door (room 2006) so it would close properly.

The front desk were super friendly and the room was very clean. Wish the building/grounds maintenance was better.

#49031 - 11/06/12 10:07 PM Re: Steamboat Springs Resort Review [Re: ]
steeler1mws Offline

My son and I just spent 3 days in Steamboat Springs. Our condo was very comfortable. We had a great view on the third floor. The resort only had the indoor pool opened when we were there. The pool was small and we needed to walk to the reception building from our building. It was a short 1/2 a block walk. The resort has a fitness center, business center, child play area for your children to use while you are in the fitness center, a game room (pool table, video games, etc.) a nice upstairs lobby, outdoor jacuzzi, sauna, steam room and a small souvenir shop. It also has a parking garage under the building.

Exceptionally nice staff. As always, I love my membership with Worldmark. We just bought into it in July 2012. So far we have stayed at:

Las Vegas on the Boulevard, Red River, NM, and Steamboat Springs. We are heading to Red River again this weekend. For next summer, we have booked 1 week at Oceanside, 1 week at Big Bear and 1 week at Indio.

We have also vistied and toured Midway, Ut, Taos, NM, Santa Fe, NM, Bison Ranch, Az, Pinetop, Az. All are beautiful resorts and we will eventually be staying in all of them.

#48428 - 08/04/12 02:02 PM Re: Steamboat Springs Resort Review [Re: ]
ColoNative Offline

Don't book a 2 bedroom penthouse - its a total ripoff. It is nothing special, and actually seemed smaller than the normal 2 bedroom. Dishonest practices in my opinion.

#48006 - 06/12/12 01:23 PM Re: Steamboat Springs Resort Review [Re: ]
kdcarl Offline

The good stuff: the property is gorgeous, everyone very nice, pools and esp. the big hot tub excellent, parking never a problem. Not so good: we had to get a "2-bd.penthouse" because that was all that was left when I decided to make the reservation for Memorial Day weekend. I was excited because I hadn't stayed in a penthouse before. It took a lot of credits (almost 4,000 a night!) but still would have been worth it if there was anything special, but there was NOTHING special about the unit we were in. It was smaller and more crowded in the living area than most of the other regular units I have stayed in; I couldn't imagine 4 adults, or two adults and a kid or two, trying to work around each other in the living/dining/kitchen area. We moved some of the big heavy dining chairs so we wouldn't keep bumping into them. WHY are these considered "penthouses" if the sq. footage is so small, there is no feature that other rooms don't have except the small jetted tub, and what did I pay all those credits for? I asked at the front desk to be sure we were even in the right room and they said yes; and I commented on this in my "review" after too, but haven't gotten any answers or replies at all.

#45761 - 07/20/11 12:11 PM Re: Steamboat Springs Resort Review [Re: rscott]
pblanding Offline

Loc: Kansas
I will be heading to steamboat in August with my two kids 12, 10. Were there any outside activities that your family tried and enjoyed. We will be there one week and I want to make sure the kids don't get bored! Thanks!

#45696 - 07/14/11 09:08 AM Re: Steamboat Springs Resort Review [Re: ]
rscott Offline

Loc: utah
Recently stayed at WM Steamboat Springs and loved it. Having stayed at over 30 WM properties, it met the highest expectations. Steamboat is beautiful... the gorgeous Yampa River that runs through town, the waterfall, the Strawberry Hot Springs, and all the great restaurants. The units were clean, well kept, and comfortable. The grounds with the three pools are a bonus but the real amenities are the surroundings of Steamboat. Honestly, we tried to book Estes Park (which we love) but were very happy with our second choice of Steamboat. Not sure which we like more??? The resort staff were spot on with all of the recommendations, so go there and just ask where to go or eat. On Main Street, we went to the smallest movie theatre that any of us had ever been in- it was awesome and my kids loved it. All in all, if you go to this property, you will love it. My wife and I loved it, the kids loved it(ages 6, 18, and 21) and our friends loved it.

#44603 - 03/08/11 05:55 PM Re: Steamboat Springs Resort Review [Re: ]
ladyruger Offline

Loc: Colorado
Just got back from 4 days in Steamboat Springs. It was AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Staff was great!
1 Bedroom Deluxe was great!
steamroom, sauna, hottub and pool were all GREAT!!!!!
Couldn't ask for anything better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#44555 - 03/02/11 11:49 PM My stay at Steamboat [Re: ]
deja6 Offline

Loc: Victoria, Australia
I have not long returned from my 9 night stay (Feb 4 - 13) and to be honest, wow. It was my first time to Steamboat Spring and indeed to any Worldmark resorts outside Australia. All the staff that I came into contact with were very friendly and helpful including the ski shuttle drivers. I originally booked a 1 bed apartment but the thought of someone sleeping on a foldout sofa for 9 nights wasn't right so went for 2 bed apartment. The unit, (in building 3), was very well appointed with all the essentials and very comfortable, it faced south looking over the valley so there were some great sunsets, unfortunately didn't get to one of the 3 hot tubs or the pool (too chicken to brave the cold I guess), which brings me to an observation, the web page doesn't do justice to the resort as there are 6 apartment buildings (must have been all that construction I read about) plus the reception building ... a village in itself ... hence it is also named as The Village at Steamboat.
I was lucky enough to arrive in time for some great powder skiing, actually, 5 days and 3.5 feet of powder.. ..sensational. Shopping at places like Walmart, Sports Authority, Christies, supermarkets and restaraunts all within a short walk of the resort, (taxi was pretty cheap when it was snowing and returning with loads of shopping), loads of other places to shop and eat, (one I have to mention, the Steakhouse, downtown) downtown, the ski base and on the mountain. Plenty to do and see if your not into skiing/boarding, eg. the hot spring are great, or if your when I did, over a week end, the winter carnival in the main st downtown is something different (for me anyway).
Take the plunge, I doubt you will be disappointed.

Cheers,

Dave

#44160 - 01/21/11 07:07 PM Re: Steamboat Springs Resort Review [Re: bblynn]
elainedickson Offline

My 14 year old son and I have just completed 10 nights at fabulous Steamboat Springs. This was also our first visit to this resort and cannot speak highly enough of the Front Desk Staff and the Concierge - they were extremely professional and every request was dealt with promptly and efficiently. In addition, the free shuttle bus service was the best ever! All three drivers (Rich, Mark and Earl) are terrific and go out of their way to provide a friendly, helpful and regular service to and from the Gondola. We did not have to wait more than a few minutes either at the base or the Resort.
However, we have had several maintenance issues with our room
which, although disappointing, did not in any way spoil our holiday. They were, nevertheless, inconvenient. In summary:
> Issue with tv in main lounge room which took two attempts to fix
> Door on bathroom does not close properly - leading to an inadvertent locking of the door from the outside. (Maintenance person was not impressed.)
> Dishwasher leaking onto kitchen floor
> Blood stained bed cover and blanket (immediately replaced)
> Hot tub at Front Desk area was out of service for 2 days. The alternate hot tub did not have change rooms and we had to sprint back to our rooms in our wet bathers and towels whilst snowing heavily
> Problems pulling & closing the blinds on the main window (we did not report until end of our stay)
> Radio alarm clock stopped working (it had been plugged into the wrong socket, apparently!). Immediately fixed.
> Hairdryer almost came off the wall. Repaired within a few minutes.
> Main entrance door to our building rarely seems to lock properly

Generally, the living area is not as big as some of the other Worldmark resorts in USA and Canada, and the kitchen is not as well equipped. We had to request a kettle, there were only two saucepans and no eggcups.

Cleanliness of the unit was excellent, however, and much appreciated.

Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Steamboat is the 7th North American ski resort that we have been privileged to visit and is by far the best!

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.