Who's Online
0 registered (), 33 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Topic Options
#57936 - 09/18/17 11:23 AM Austin Resort Review
KrisComm Offline

Have you stayed at WorldMark Austin? Here's your chance to tell other WorldMark owners what it's really like. How big is the pool? How hot is the hot tub? What do you wish you had known before you left home?

#59260 - 06/22/21 09:43 AM Re: Austin Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
Jonker Offline

Stayed there June 14-17, 2021
After you book your room, you MUST call and ask them for a room with a view of the city and balcony, otherwise you will be on the bottom floors with a view of the parking lot and no balcony.
The pool is tiny, and only 3 1/2 feet deep. Great for kids, but not so much for adults.
There is no hot tub.
The third day we saw huge cockroaches by the pool area and also out front.
There is a smoking area out front which is nice for keeping the building smoke free and a boon for smokers.
It is a large building and there are only 2 elevators. Wait times seemed long.
The room itself was clean and spacious.
Staff was nice, and the concierge took No for an answer on the Owner "update" seminar without being pushy. I wish there was a way to opt out on even being asked, before you arrive, maybe when booking. It's just annoying to even have to talk to sales reps after a day of travel, when all you want to do is get to your room and relax.

#59259 - 06/22/21 09:40 AM Re: Austin Resort Review [Re: KimJ]
Jonker Offline

Stayed there June 14-17, 2021
After you book your room, you MUST call and ask them for a room with a view of the city and balcony, otherwise you will be on the bottom floors with a view of the parking lot and no balcony.
The pool is tiny, and only 3 1/2 feet deep. Great for kids, but not so much for adults.
There is no hot tub.
The third day we saw huge cockroaches by the pool area and also out front.
There is a smoking area out front which is nice for keeping the building smoke free and a boon for smokers.
It is a large building and there are only 2 elevators. Wait times seemed long.
The room itself was clean and spacious.
Staff was nice, and the concierge took No for an answer on the Owner "update" seminar without being pushy. I wish there was a way to opt out on even being asked, before you arrive, maybe when booking. It's just annoying to even have to talk to sales reps after a day of travel, when all you want to do is get to your room and relax.

#59212 - 03/21/21 04:40 PM Re: Austin Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
KCarle Offline

Sooo whats the deal in Austin?? is this resort that bad? sounds to me by looking at the review's (2) is not good.

#58632 - 01/07/19 02:27 PM Re: Austin Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
Gryphon Offline

Loc: Las Vegas, NV, USA
At check-in we met Marianna. In a cold and efficient manner she found our reservation and efficiently gave us the room card. We asked if it was safe to park a car on the street and she gave us no answer. We proceeded to the concierge but there was no one to give us a parking pass. We were told to come back later. We then proceeded down a long corridor making turn after turn finally reaching the elevator and was lifted to the 8th floor. Stepping off the elevator we made a left turn, walked 20 feet and made a right turn, walked 20 feet and made a left turn, walked 10 feet and made a right turn, walked 30 feet and made a left turn, walked 60 feet and made a left turn then another 20 feet to the room, which was blocked by a housekeeping cart. We entered the unit and walked 10 feet along a hallway, turned right and walked another 25 feet to the living area/kitchen. Wow, a nice feel to the area, like a loft in NYC. Concrete pillars and concrete ceilings accented the walls, cheap linoleum on the floor was scratched and heavily marked up. The living area sofa was hard as a rock, but stylish. The view from the 6’x6’patio was nice. We searched for the bedroom and found a rather large utility closet bedecked with a king-sized bed and 2 nightstands. A large screen TV was hung next to the circuit breaker box and assorted utility devices protruded from the wall. Lastly, we found an attached smaller utility closet with a dresser and steel racks and hangers. We later learned that the room was marketed as a deluxe studio because the “bedroom” has no windows. We also learned the Worldmark owners get the parking lot floors while Wyndham guests get the nicer apartment building. We did not have any interest in exploring this resort’s amenities as the pool was closed upon our arrival and reopen the day we left. Very disappointing. The staff seemed plastic and mannequin-like, except for Jessica, Lydia and Joe. ATTENTION: $30 per night for parking. This is a big negative for this resort.

Plusses include cleanliness, walking distance to capitol and restaurants, black-out curtains kept the room dark and cool in the morning.

Edited by Gryphon (01/07/19 02:29 PM)

#58580 - 12/01/18 10:05 AM Re: Austin Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
cjneil1 Offline

We stayed at the Austin location for Austin City Limits in October and we had a great experience. We have never been to Austin before so we were completely green. Check in was seamless and we were able to breeze past the check in gauntlet primarily because we didn't have a car and didn't need a parking pass. Check in was busy and the usual owners breakfast invite was easy to escape and walk on by like we owned the place. Our one bedroom room was huge and stellar. BIG kitchen (too big really for a vacation) but awesome nonetheless. Our city view was great from our balcony. Gorgeous rooftop pool, hot tub and patio and location was incredible. Just blocks from the capitol, restaurants and the shuttle to the Park for the festival. We loved Austin and the resort. Not sure if we will ever return but highly recommend!

Edited by cjneil1 (12/01/18 10:16 AM)

#58259 - 04/06/18 03:28 PM Re: Austin Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
KimJ Offline

Loc: OR
Has anyone stayed at Worldmark Austin recently? What do you wish you knew before you went? Considering booking this resort for a fall trip this year.

#58105 - 02/03/18 09:20 AM Re: Austin Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
Paulcorrigan Offline

Stayed at the new Austin Texas location this week. I hope they can get all the bugs worked out in the next few weeks. All of the employees are very nice, but have very little knowledge to run a resort like this,

This resort has very high end rooms. Gold star for that but--------
Here is a list of all the things that went wrong.
1.We arrived at 9:00 pm and was told our room was not ready. I told them I did not care if it was not ready or not let me just sleep and we will work on the details in the morning.
2. After 20 min the room was ready. We get in the room and it is not a Handicap room.
3. Was told by the manager that it was a handicap room just for the hearing impaired. Told her I never have heard of that. Went back to the room and went to bed.
4. Talked to the manager in the morning and told her that the room is not hearing impaired (no doorbell etc). Gave her a print out of my information from the website about being a handicap room. She said she had no rooms for me. I would guess that only 10% of the rooms were being used.
5. I told them my wife has had six surgeries on her leg and can not get into a bathtub.
6 Agreed to put us in a Wyndham room with a transfer chair.
7. We move rooms and it is a chair in the bathtub.
8. I asked housekeeping if they had a shower in the pool area or in any room. Sent me back to the manager. She said we have one room with a shower that would work for us. She took me to the room and it does have a stand up shower. The bad part is that it was a one bedroom (which was fine with us) but the view is of a block wall.
9. Asked for a free night of parking for all the trouble they gave us. Was told no by the front desk clerk.
10. Here is a problem all guest are going to have. Two main elevators for 23 floors. We waited a long time for many trips. Wait until the building is 50% or 100% full. They have one rear elevator but it had long waits. It seemed like many people we talked to had other problems with the rooms etc.

Everyone was super nice. They all must of skipped the class on running a resort

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.