Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#55657 - 02/24/15 07:44 AM WorldMark Isla Mujeres Resort Review
KrisComm Offline

Have you stayed at WorldMark Isla Mujeres? Here's your chance to tell other owners what it's really like. How big is the pool? How hot is the hot tub? What do you wish you had known before you left home?

#59031 - 02/23/20 06:48 PM Re: WorldMark Isla Mujeres Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
Jack and Jo Offline

Loc: Washington
We are arriving soon! Exciting! Our grandchildren will be visiting with parents. I will let owners know how the resort and the area works out for families when we return.

#59030 - 02/23/20 06:35 PM Re: WorldMark Isla Mujeres Resort Review [Re: SteveCandy]
Jack and Jo Offline

Loc: Washington
This is a little late but if you haven't figured it out the newest entries arrive at the top of the posts. If you were confused like me I was reading the dates on the left with the names. The entry dates are actually on the upper right of each entry.

#58989 - 01/01/20 08:21 AM Re: WorldMark Isla Mujeres Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
KMLn Offline

Loc: Alaska
Can someone tell me if the compact rooms are quiet? I’m worried that if someone is above us, it will be loud. Also, is the compact room or the king room better? What’s the difference in the two?

#58940 - 10/21/19 12:54 PM Re: WorldMark Isla Mujeres Resort Review [Re: sunshinegirl67]
Phil_Read Offline

Hi Beth.... how was your stay at Isla Mujeres? I have booked a reservation to go there in December!

#58774 - 04/11/19 01:08 PM Re: WorldMark Isla Mujeres Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
SteveCandy Offline

Could you please tell me how to Sort by Date? We are looking at Isla Mujeras (Cancun) Mexico. Thank you

#58743 - 03/17/19 06:36 AM Re: WorldMark Isla Mujeres Resort Review [Re: anjifs]
bthorman Offline

Loc: San Francisco Area
A rental car on the island might be difficult. The main streets are OK, but the streets in town are quite narrow - most people get around by golf cart, scooter or taxi. There is a car ferry not too far from the resort though. It's outside of town.

#58742 - 03/16/19 05:04 PM Re: WorldMark Isla Mujeres Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
anjifs Offline

we are planning a trip to Isla Mujeres in October. We also want to visit Tulum and Chichen itza. We noticed that rental cars are only 17$ for the week. Has anyone done this before instead of booking through a tour? We would like the freedom and flexibility. A few questions though. The resorts says rental car space is available for a fee. How much does anyone know? also, how about ferry crossings with a car rental. Please if anyone has some info I would greatly appreciate it!

#58731 - 03/10/19 07:03 AM Re: WorldMark Isla Mujeres Resort Review [Re: grantw7]
grantw7 Offline

Loc: Squamish, BC, Canada
Addendum
I have to alter what I had previously written. I now agree with some others that the restaurant at the site is overpriced for the quality. There are better and cheaper alternatives. The restaurant next to the church on the other side of the island, Casa Cural, is also no longer a good place to eat. They have vastly expanded their menu, but unfortunately, with very average food. BUT, if you want a view to die for and/or are looking for discounted jewelry go there for a beer (same price as most) and just sit and relax.

#58730 - 03/08/19 05:49 AM Re: WorldMark Isla Mujeres Resort Review [Re: bthorman]
grantw7 Offline

Completed week one, now in second week.
The Manager, Alberto, when he is at the desk, will always have the water delivered. When Victor (the younger one) is on he will let you into the office to fill it yourself though, if you ask, he will have it delivered. Downside of delivery is that you never know when. If you fill yourself you have it right away. If too heavy to fill just put in what you find comfortable.
The Green Verde is not gone, just moved. Now just a quarter block north (to your left) on the west side (don`t cross the street). It is hidden by greenery. Still would not eat there.
Have added Don Pino to our favorite places to eat. Just walk south, straight, past the grocery store, near end of long block. Great food with great prices.
Went to North Gardens yesterday for lunch. Worth every penny for great meal. They are now open for dinner but they require reservation. In person only, so we reserved for this coming Sunday before we left.

#58720 - 03/01/19 06:08 AM Re: WorldMark Isla Mujeres Resort Review [Re: grantw7]
bthorman Offline

At least they'll deliver water. My husband had to go down and refill each time and it was heavy.

#58719 - 03/01/19 05:38 AM Re: WorldMark Isla Mujeres Resort Review [Re: grantw7]
grantw7 Offline

I am now at the resort.
There is an iron and board. Still 50 pesos from ferry to resort but please give him 60.
Yes, 1410 does have a kitchen as does one other that is not a 1 bedroom deluxe. To get either of them is just down to fate as you can not reserve them specifically.
As to the water. You no longer can fill your own, but you can take the container back to the front desk and a new one will be delivered to your door. They are heavy.
I was glad to see the Green Verde Restaurant gone. Too expensive with very average food.
Kosh, just up the same block, is as fantastic as ever and very inexpensive.
Mike’s Pizza is a nice change from Mexican food every night and at a decent price.
We plan on trying some differently restaurants during our two weeks here and I will provide a list of our favorites after we get home.
Do try and book one of the 1 Bedroom Deluxes if you can. Having the kitchen and double the room of every other unit is fantastic. The private balcony on the upper floor with a cooling pool is heaven.
We are in a different building this year and the wifi is even weaker. Oh well.

#58700 - 02/21/19 05:48 AM Re: WorldMark Isla Mujeres Resort Review [Re: MollyW]
bthorman Offline

There are taxis or you can rent a golf cart.

#58699 - 02/20/19 05:41 PM Re: WorldMark Isla Mujeres Resort Review [Re: grantw7]
MollyW Offline

Once you arrive off ferry what transportation do you take to resort? Thank you!

#58685 - 02/05/19 06:22 PM Re: WorldMark Isla Mujeres Resort Review [Re: grantw7]
KMLn Offline

Loc: Alaska
Where is the best place to rent a golf cart or scooters?

Edited by KMLn (02/05/19 06:40 PM)

#58669 - 01/23/19 07:12 AM Re: WorldMark Isla Mujeres Resort Review [Re: lawduck]
grantw7 Offline

Excellent review.
Yes, the wifi is not consistently strong, but the same can be said of some of our resorts in the US. Great in the bathroom because the router is right outside the bathroom window.
We didn't find the on-site restaurant prices out of line with many other restaurants. Depends which you choose. Was very convenient especially when we had a thunderstorm and we were able to get room service.
Not needing to leave the resort every day (we were there for 2 weeks) the cost of a cart made no sense compared to the cost of getting a taxi when we needed it.
We are returning in a few weeks and I sure want to talk to the desk about water access as we always walked to the store for groceries. Once the food and wine are in the backpack I don't want to also be carrying water as well.

#58647 - 01/16/19 02:01 PM Re: WorldMark Isla Mujeres Resort Review [Re: grantw7]
bthorman Offline

We were there about a year ago and we could take the bottle down to the office to refill it.

#58646 - 01/16/19 01:25 PM Re: WorldMark Isla Mujeres Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
grantw7 Offline

Does anyone know if the rooms have irons?

I thought I remember seeing one last year, but can't remember for sure.

#58645 - 01/16/19 01:19 PM Re: WorldMark Isla Mujeres Resort Review [Re: lawduck]
grantw7 Offline

I'm sorry to read that the afternoon margaritas are no longer being served (they were very watered down).
I am not happy about not being able to get water from the lobby!!!!
We are going to be there for 2 weeks again in Feb and having to bring water back from the store will not be fun (we will be walking).

#58640 - 01/12/19 06:56 PM Re: WorldMark Isla Mujeres Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
lawduck Offline

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Our review of Worldmark Isla Mujeres:

We stayed at Worldmark Isla Mujeres for 10 days over Christmas and New Years. The island and the resort are amazing. The resort is very small with only 20 or so units and feels very safe, with a round-the-clock secured entrance.

The location of the resort has pluses and minuses. On the positive side, it is close to the main grocery store (walking distance) and several restaurants (some very close walking distance). It is also in a nice quiet area and away from the hustle and bustle of downtown. But, you probably need to rent a (relatively expensive) golf cart for the duration of your visit, as most of the restaurants and attractions are not in easy walking distance. You could get by with taking the relatively cheap taxis, but they are certainly less convenient.

The resort has a really nice pool that was on the cool, but not cold, side. The pool has a swim up bar (that I never saw anyone at) and was never crowded. You can order food from the pool bar (that comes from the restaurant at the adjoining yacht club), which while tasty and convenient is expensive compared to the rest of the food on the island. The pool bar also had a nice cocktail list.

We found the staff at the resort to be very helpful and friendly. There are some really nice touches like someone that goes around and turns on all the porch lights every night (and I assume turns them off in the morning). Although they don’t have daily housekeeping (as expected being a timeshare resort), they did “refresh” our room twice during our stay at no charge (and seemed willing to do it as often as we wanted). The resort abuts the marina, but it seemed that security (for the yacht club) was chasing resort guests from the walkway (at least if they went out on the docks). There are spa services bookable through the resort and done on site, but you can find better and cheaper services elsewhere on the island.

Our room was very nice. It was a studio with a king bed and a drop-down living area with a daybed. It had a bar-sized refrigerator, and they were able to bring us a microwave after we requested it. The room had A/C that worked well, and the bed was more comfortable than any other Worldmark bed I can recall. The rooms all have non-private patios that have a couple of Adirondack-type chairs and a hammock. The entrances to the units are actually through the patio doors. The pool is just steps away from all the rooms. In fact, all the rooms face the pool (on the ground floor and one floor above).

The one negative to our room was that the Wifi signal was very weak and made it almost unusable unless you were sitting right by the door or back in the bathroom. The signal was strong and sufficiently fast on the patio and by the pool. I suspect this issue might have been unique to our unit because we were at the very end of the complex, but I can’t say for sure.

The island itself is a special place. It is crammed full of cheap and very good restaurants. We had amazing food everywhere. The beaches at the north end are beautiful, but pretty crowed. At the south end, Punta Sur was beautiful and we had a great time waking on the paths down by the ocean. There are beautiful views on both sides of the island, and we had a wonderful time tooling around in our golf cart and finding places to shop, eat, or put our toes in the (very warm) water.

There were a couple of things that we had read about in other reviews that seem to no longer be the case at the resort. First, we had read about the free afternoon margaritas, but it turns out they no longer do them. Also, they supply you with a jug of drinking water (you can shower and brush your teeth with tap water, but should not drink it), but when it is gone you are on your own to get more. That means you have to make at least one trip to the grocery store to stock up on water (or other beverages of your choice).

#58629 - 01/06/19 07:20 AM Re: WorldMark Isla Mujeres Resort Review [Re: sunshinegirl67]
grantw7 Offline

Sorry that I missed this posting before you left.
I use Happy Shuttle. $86US for return and ferry tickets for the two of us.
Easy, efficient, professional.
In my research, I found them equal to or better than the rest.
Using them again for trip number two this Feb-Mar.

#58628 - 01/06/19 07:03 AM Re: WorldMark Isla Mujeres Resort Review [Re: bthorman]
grantw7 Offline

Thanks for the room number.
We will be there the end of Feb and I will check it out.

#58602 - 12/20/18 12:54 PM Re: WorldMark Isla Mujeres Resort Review [Re: grantw7]
bthorman Offline

I reserved a Studio Hotel King and we were pleasantly surprised. We did not have a hot tub or 2 levels. We were in room 1410. I saw a kitchen like ours in another room downstairs in the same building. No hot tub there either and only 1 level.

Wonder if the descriptions are off? There was one on the other side of the stairwell from us.

#58600 - 12/20/18 06:49 AM Re: WorldMark Isla Mujeres Resort Review [Re: bthorman]
grantw7 Offline

There are only 4 1 Bd Deluxes. I get ones like this by booking in the first few minutes after 6 am on the first day we can book. I discovered last year that for Hawaii it must be in the first SECONDS after 6 am.
How was there a kitchen in a studio hotel king???? Which unit number was it? During our few days in one, there was no kitchen.

#58599 - 12/20/18 06:40 AM Re: WorldMark Isla Mujeres Resort Review [Re: gsillian]
grantw7 Offline

Totally agree with your last comment. The cafe next to the church had very good food and a view to die for. We went there 3 times on our last visit and plan on more visits when we return in March.
We walked past Da Luisa last time but now that we know there is a view and good food we will try it out next time. Thanks for letting us know.

#58562 - 11/14/18 07:20 AM Re: WorldMark Isla Mujeres Resort Review [Re: sunshinegirl67]
bthorman Offline

We used Everything Isla https://www.everythingislamujeres.com/

It was recommended by the AirBnB that we stayed in after our stay at WM. They arranged everything, we did pay for our own ferry tickets right before boarding. The company that we got the golf cart from was probably more than some, but included all the gas we needed. They also drove us from their store to the ferry when we left.

It was also nice to have a personal concierge to call if we had questions. They also met us at the ferry and gave us a tour of the downtown area before taking us to WM.

#58561 - 11/13/18 05:27 PM Re: WorldMark Isla Mujeres Resort Review [Re: gsillian]
sunshinegirl67 Offline

Loc: Upstate NY
Going to Isla Mujeres in 3 weeks...how much should I expect to pay for full transfers. The all inclusive sounded great but the price is a consideration. So excited - just don't want to waste time... Or get ripped off - Any info on a weekly golf cart rental? (only 2 of us). We love to investigate our surroundings...can't wait to see
the sun!!

Edited by sunshinegirl67 (11/13/18 05:34 PM)
Edit Reason: Spelling

#58404 - 07/09/18 07:57 PM Re: WorldMark Isla Mujeres Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
gsillian Offline

Loc: Northern California
Ilsa Mujeres June 24 to July 1
I Just return from my trip and had a great time. The resort is small and we were in 1202 a 1 bedroom Deluxe room. Very quiet and private pool area. A few things I would recommended on this Island. First there is a money exchange at the ferry terminal. They seem to give the best exchange rate. While the official rate was 19.4 to 1 US dollar they offered 18.5 to 1. This was better than most restaurants that we went to. Some smaller restaurants like Kash near the resort gave very low exchange rate about 10 to 1. So use Pesos here.
We also had credit cards that did not charge foreign transaction fees. At places that we trusted we did use our cards with no issues. We then received the official exchange rate of 19.4 to 1.
To get the Island if you want hassle free travel, book your ground transportation with www.luxuryvantransportation.com. Michael, the owner, is very professional. He arranged a private SUV to meet us at the airport and took us to the Ferry, tickets for the ferry were handed to us and after we got off the ferry on Ilsa Mujeres there was a taxi waiting for us that knew exactly where we were going. In reverse the taxi picked us up at the assigned time, returned us to ferry and the return trip was exactly as planned. Everything was totally laid out for us. No thinking. No hassle
Luxury Van Transport can also arrange for Golf Carts to be delivered to the resort if you want. Full service.
There is a store in walking distance from the resort that has everything you need. Food, Cloths, precook foods like whole chickens. This is like a small Walmart. They take US dollars and their exchange rate was 18.4 to 1. Credit cards also work for us here.
Restaurants to check out:
Da Luisa for dinner – Get the Fish plate. Go upstairs and to back patio where there are about 5 tables overlooking the ocean.
Playa Lancheros – Lunch get fish plate for two. Kilo of fish and all the trimmings. It takes about 45 minutes to prepare. While you wait have a drink and play in the ocean.
Amigo downtown – Great breakfast and at lunch I had the fish stuffed with shrimp.
Mango Good breakfast but across street and up the steps of the church there is a café in the back with patio over looking the ocean. I think they had better breakfast.

#58268 - 04/11/18 03:19 PM Re: WorldMark Isla Mujeres Resort Review [Re: grantw7]
bthorman Offline

We actually ended up with a kitchen and not a whirlpool tub in the bathroom. We liked that better.

#58267 - 04/11/18 03:12 PM Re: WorldMark Isla Mujeres Resort Review [Re: grantw7]
grantw7 Offline

Follow up to my previous.
We ate more times at Kash and the cafe next to the Catholic Church and were never disappointed.
We walked south to eat at Chilito's by Ruben. We walked from the Catholic Church along the lovely walkway south on the eastern side of the island - well worth the effort. The food was good, not great, but they had a very extensive menu so lots to choose from.
When you arrive off of the ferry turn left on the main road and just a few yards ahead you will see the line up for the taxis. The front is reserved for dropping off passengers. 50 pesos to the Resort but don't forget a 10 pesos tip!
We used Happy Shuttle Cancun for the airport transfer and were very pleased - great price & great service. Remember to have them get your ferry tickets. Saves another line up.
Have already booked a return visit for next March.

#58266 - 04/11/18 02:56 PM Re: WorldMark Isla Mujeres Resort Review [Re: bthorman]
grantw7 Offline

Got it on the Wait List.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.