Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Topic Options
#24063 - 10/02/06 10:15 AM Midway Resort Review
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Have you stayed at Midway? Here's your chance to tell others owners what it is really like. How big is the pool? How hot is the hot tub? What you wish you had known before travelling?

#58547 - 10/29/18 05:40 AM Re: Midway Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
shay Offline

Loc: Idaho
My husband and I spent a couple of days at Midway after his races in St. George to complete an anniversary week vacation. We picked Midway because we had never been there before. Probably will be our last visit as well. Not that there is anything wrong with the resort

While the units are great, as are almost all WorldMark resorts, there is not a lot to do in this area, if you don't golf or snow ski. Part of the problem was that we inadvertently picked a statewide (I guess it was statewide) school vacation, so the one thing that we actually came to do was full up. The Homestead Craters had no openings and there were only 12 spots. If I had known about the school vacation, Fall Break, before hand, I could have made reservations at the Homestead Crater. So be warned.

The pool area is quite small, but the spa is nice and at a good temperature. The pool is shared with the resort next door, not sure what that is about.

Also be aware that there are no elevators and no ramps so all luggage must be hauled up however many flights of stairs to get to your unit.
The view from our balcony was beautiful, however.

WorldMark resorts visited: McCall, ID; Arrowpoint, ID; Seaside, OR; Oceanside, CA; Lake of the Ozarks, OK; Running Y, OR; Lake Chelan, WA; Eagle Crest, OR; Surfside Inn, WA: Las Vegas (all three), NV; Reno, NV; St. George, UT; San Francisco, CA: Rancho Vistoso, AZ; Pine Top, AZ; West Yellowstone, MT; Bear Lake, UT; Depoe Bay, OR; Wolf Creek, CA; Longbeach, WA; San Diego – Mission Valley, CA; New Orleans – Avenue Plaza, LA; Angels Camp, CA; Birch Bay, WA; Leavenworth, WA: Scottsdale, AZ; Midway, UT;

#56227 - 08/28/15 10:35 AM Re: Midway Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
CJCottrill Offline

Loc: Salt Lake City, UT
We've stayed at this location several times and always found it quite pleasant. Our most recent visit was July 25, 2015. The staff were courteous, and promptly attended to our needs. It seems much has changed since some of the older reviews did not paint a good picture. As an owner, I can easily recommend Midway as a great location for a quiet getaway in a charming mountain village setting.

Of course you'll want to visit the Homestead Crater, you swim and scuba dive, even do paddleboard yoga. There are some craters there on the property as well. These certainly aren't an all-day sightseeing adventure, but they do serve as a point of interest for the property. Be sure to drive up to the top of Memorial Hill for a wonderful view, but be cautious, the drive around the outside of the hill is not for the faint of heart. Visit the Wasatch Mountain State Park for hiking in the area. From unusual events like the Soldier Hollow Sheepdog Championship to riding the rails on the historic Heber Valley Railroad , you can find out more about tourism in the area by visiting gohebervalley.com

Midway is primarily known for its " Swiss Days " festival held Labor Day weekend, which features entertainment, vendors, and lots of food.

I am not associated with Midway in any way, I just hate it when people post reviews without talking about there is to do in the area.

#47910 - 05/29/12 09:32 AM Midway Resort Review [Re: ]
lauraleigh9mm Offline

We spent the long weekend at WorldMark at Midway (we are owners). It was our first time there. The unit was a deluxe 2 bedroom unit with a loft. The furnishings were nice and the beds were great. There is a small pool and hot tub (indoor). It was pretty cold for the weekend so the pool was pretty busy the whole time. The gym and recreation was closed for remodeling. The Zermatt resort is next store with restaurants, and the Homestead resort just down the street, if you want to swim/dive the crater. Since I live very close this will be a great place for me for family weekend getaways. There are two things that kind or irked me. One- there were no extra trash bags and the trashes are small so you had to go to the clubhouse to get more. Also there were feral cats getting into the garbage so take it directly to the dumpster. My other issue is that there was a strange noise above the fireplace. We noticed it the first day and called maintenance. He was prompt but had no idea what it was. It was very windy that day, so it may have been some sort of wind noise. But that night it was BAD, like someone hammering on the roof from 2:30 am to 5:30 am. I went again in the morning but the noise had stopped by that point. Overall I will be back.

#47791 - 05/15/12 07:56 AM Re: Midway Resort Review [Re: ]
arlpt Offline

We recently stayed at the Midway resort April 25-28. We have no complaint about the facility, but the staff is the worst we have experienced in any owner location!! They were slow, no one else was before us...but it took over 30 minutes for check in. Also, we had called that morning to make sure we could get our other party's location close to our room and we were told they could do that without any problem. When we arrived, our other party was in building 1 and we were in building 4 and all we received was we're sorry! When I asked to talk to the manager, they were not in. A phone call the next day, manager still not in. After leaving, I called several times for 5 days trying to talk to the manager...she was ALWAYS out. I finally left her a message. She called and left a message on my voicemail with an assurance she had talked to the staff about the issue. This same thing happened to us last year as well. I doubt I would return to this property, if it were not in a location where we need a facility every year at this time! Very dissappointed in the staff....please WORLDMARK...improve the staffing here!!

#44899 - 04/07/11 10:11 AM Re: Midway Resort Review [Re: ciscokid]
PapachiaX6 Offline

Loc: Seattle
We are here for the week 4/4-4/8. We arrived late in the evening of the fourth after a 40 min drive from slc. Welcomed at the front desk and given our room. Ran down to the homestead grill for a late dinner. Great turkey club! Our room 5102 was in pristine condition after just being refurbished. We were on the bottom floor so next time we will ask for a delux or spa to get an upper floor room with loft. After first night of no sleep as a result of beds that were so hard,oh man were they hard. Next morning asked the front desk about the situation. They are very aware of the situation and mentioned that 90 % of complaints are about the beds. These were the beds chosen by WM for all the refurbished units. I hope not! I followed up with a direct call to owner care and expressed my concern. Besides the beds all else was fine.

#44738 - 03/23/11 08:01 AM Re: Midway Resort Review [Re: rvwebb]
ciscokid Offline

Loc: Colorado Springs, CO
RvWebb, I don't know what happened to you but I have never had a experience like you are describing!

I have also been to several resorts (San Diego, Midway, Steamboat Springs, and Estes Park). This was better than some of the resorts I have stayed at! If you like to have vaulted ceillings then by all means rent the ones on the top floor! The rooms on the lower floors are not bad rooms they are just different than the ones on the top. Our BBQ lit just fine with the lighter in the drawer of the kitchen wonder if you checked for that...most BBQ's don't work with the button unless they are very new. Even my home BBQ won't light after the flint is all used up. I don't know what disels you are talking about because that road is not heavily used. Also I am not sure how you smell anything but the clean mountain air up there! (that is one of the many perks my wife and I enjoy!) All of the pans/cooking utensils worked perfectly and we cooked for our large family every night. I will agree with you the upper floor has its perks but if you don't like to use the stairs then you might want a lower level unit.

It sounds to me like RvWebb decided he did not like this quaint little cottage feel and decided he would write up a bad review! This place is awesome and my family loves coming up here!

#44737 - 03/23/11 07:53 AM Sooo much fun! [Re: ]
ciscokid Offline

Loc: Colorado Springs, CO
So this was our second trip to midway! We got the 2 bedroom deluxe it was sooo cool because there was a loft with a couch and TV so the kids were upstairs and our of our hair! Also the staff was great they helped us get checked in and gave us good advise on where to get groceries and local restaurants! Also we enjoyed the BBQ on the deck it was great for grilling up some burgers after a long day of skiing! If you go you have to have to have to go across the street to the homestead crater! The crater is the most amazing hot spring in a dome! It is sooo cool for the kids and adults alike!

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.