Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Topic Options
#50633 - 08/14/13 09:21 AM San Diego - Inn at the Park Resort Review
KrisComm Offline

Have you stayed at WorldMark San Diego - Inn at the Park? Here's your chance to tell other WorldMark vacationers what it's really like. How big is the pool? How hot is the hot tub? What do you wish you had known before you left home?

#58107 - 02/04/18 08:40 AM Re: San Diego - Inn at the Park Resort Review [Re: Raelynn]
AnnL Offline

You need a car although the Balboa park is nearby and the zoo is within walking distance.

#58106 - 02/04/18 08:36 AM Re: San Diego - Inn at the Park Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
AnnL Offline

We stayed at the resort this past December after Christmas. It is a historical building that has been beautifully renovated and clean. It originally was an apartment building years ago. We stayed in a studio which was very spacious. The decor is modern with Victorian charm. We had a nice size kitchen with a table and chairs, two burner stove, refrigerator, microwave, dish washer and even a toaster and blender. The staff at the registration desk was very friendly and check in/out went smoothly. There is a Mexican restaurant right across the street that also serves american food and breakfast. We did cook breakfast both mornings and dinner one night and it was nice. They provide everything you need to cook a meal, including basic seasoning packets. They have valet parking for a fee and there is also street parking right in front which is pretty easy to get.

On a negative note I did experience some bites on my legs the first night after I went to bed. I reported it to the hotel staff and they immediately came to check for bugs. They did a thorough inspection of the mattress and nothing was found. The maid came and changed the linen and I didn't have anymore problems the rest of my stay. In conclusion, I don't know what bit me. I always turn the covers back before I get into any hotel bed and didn't see anything but there could have bee a spider hiding in the sheets. The other negative comment is about being softly pressured to attend the presentation. Although they say your'e not obligated to attend, they continue to bribe you with offering free tickets to tourist attractions. We ended up going because we wanted free tickets to the Zoo which were like $50+ per person. It seems that every resort will try to get you to attend a presentation which takes away from just being able to enjoy your stay without hassle.

Overall our stay at the resort was comfortable and I would stay there again.

#55744 - 03/27/15 05:26 AM Re: San Diego - Inn at the Park Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
Raelynn Offline

Loc: Washington
Is there Bus service or Trolley service close by or would you need a car?

#55704 - 03/12/15 05:48 PM Re: San Diego - Inn at the Park Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
da5stringking Offline

First of all, I need to say that the Inn in the Park is a gem. It is truly a gem, but just like any other place that one chooses to stay, it is what you make it. We chose to make it great--therefore, it was.

I did some research of this resort before booking and bringing my family here. I think that I read every review out there: some were positive and some were negative. Since it was so split down the middle, I wanted to come and see for myself. My family and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves at this place. Even though there were not the amenities of our usual resorts like pools, hottubs, washers/dryers in the units, game rooms, and DVD rentals, we still had a great time.

The resort itself IS an older building. The walls are quite thin as well as the floors, and the elevator is quite slow. We chose to not let these things ruin our vacation. We were lucky enough to get great spots on the street to park every evening so we did not have to valet park the car the entire trip. But if we were always ready to use the great valet service every night if we weren't lucky enough to score a spot. 15$ per day didn't seem too bad to us.

We got a 2 bedroom unit for my husband, myself, and 2 of our children (usually we have all four in tow. The two that we brought with us felt that the could really spread out in our unit.) We had the unit from a Sunday to Friday. We arrived early Sunday morning, knowing that it was too early for check in. But the front desk offered to hold our luggage for us until check in time. We checked out Balboa Park while we waited for our unit to be ready. The heart of Balboa Park is quite a walk from the Inn at the Park--but we didn't want to lose our great parking spot. Balboa Park is one of our favorite places in San Diego.

Check-in time was a breeze. The room was beautiful. We loved the separate rooms and in the living room there was also a fold out couch that could have fit two more people. The kitchen had a good sized fridge, but only a 2 burner stove top. We knew this and brought groceries that we could prepare on the stove top. Quite often, we would make sandwiches, wraps or other things in the room and then take them to the 7th floor to eat on the deck and/or the owner's lounge. We enjoyed looking at the sun setting on the bay every night.

There was only one bathroom, but the four of us managed. Even though there was no place to spread my "girly crap" out in the bathroom, there was a long dresser in the master bedroom, and I had problem spread out in there. The only tight spot that we were in was my 6-year-old daughter fell ill with a 24 hour flu, and there was no bathtub to bath her. We did make due with the shower and got over that crisis, so it wasn't a big deal. I loved the shower--it was quite roomy and had high water pressure and REALLY hot water--my type of shower! There was street noise that we could hear at night. But by bedtime we were all so utterly exhausted that it didn't bother us in our sleeping. BUT if you or anyone in your family is a light sleeper, bring ear plugs. I was concerned about night coming in through the shades in the morning since there was no black out shade--we safety pinned the shades together for our solution.

We weren't pressured to attend a meeting. We did decide to attend and it was fine.

While we were here, my husband and I celebrated our anniversary. We ate at Croce's--always wanted to. It was just 2 blocks away from our place.

This place is minutes away from everything. Other things that we enjoyed in San Diego were Old Town, (La Pinata is great for eating!) Seaport Village, (good sandwiches and wraps--we even saw a sea lion in the port!) Sea World, (a family favorite) Balboa Park and the Organ recital. We also enjoyed the beaches by La Jolla.

All in all, it was a fantastic trip. If I had to choose to come back or not, we will definitely be coming back to The Inn at the Park. Another enthusiastic two-thumbs up from the King Family!

Visited: Las Vegas Blvd x 4, Anaheim, CA; Oceanside, CA; Gleneden, OR; New Orleans, LA; Bear Lake, UT; Big Bear Lake, CA; Santa Fe, NM; New Braunfels, TX; Inn at the Park, San Diego, CA.

Coming Up: Las Vegas BLVD (again!) Steamboat Springs, CO; Wolf Creek, UT

Edited by da5stringking (03/12/15 05:50 PM)

#55619 - 02/13/15 02:21 PM Re: San Diego - Inn at the Park Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
ZamMarClan Offline

We recently returned from our first stay with WorldMark and the only downside was we only spent one night on this property.

This location is a definite city-living type location with beautiful architecture in this 1920s building. We were lucky enough to be situated on the 1st floor directly across from Balboa Park. No doubt 6th Street is busy, but there didn't seem to be noticeable street noise.

The 1st floor studio for our family of 4 was spacious with a small kitchen and exactly the right amount of kitchenware. There is a kitchen table but it only had 2 chairs, so that was odd, but not a big issue for us. The room is beautifully decorated with vintage décor yet modern amenities. Huge restroom so it was nice we gals were not bumping into each other while getting ready for the day.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Valet parking was $15 but if you find street parking, grab that spot!

So much culture and architecture in the neighborhood to see if you appreciate those things and venture out. There is no pool at this location but what a gorgeous view from the rooftop!

We drove to San Diego and this location is minutes from EVERYTHING.

I definitely recommend staying at Inn at the Park and can't wait to return when I visit lovely San Diego again.

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.