Who's Online
0 registered (), 28 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1091 - 03/02/04 12:33 PM Windsor Resort Review
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Have you stayed at Windsor? Here's your chance to tell other WorldMark owners what it's really like. How big is the pool? How hot is the hot tub? What do you wish you had known before you left home?

#58515 - 09/24/18 06:20 AM Re: Windsor Resort Review [Re: Tracy101]
bthorman Offline

Loc: San Francisco Area
You should report that. My parents were both is wheelchairs and I know what it's like for them to be uncomfortable in a room that is supposed to be ADA compliant.

#58514 - 09/23/18 02:47 PM Re: Windsor Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
Tracy101 Offline

We stayed at the Windsor resort in July 2018. We were there with my elderly parents. My mother is in a wheelchair so we stayed in a handicap room. The room was terrible, not properly set up for anyone in a wheelchair. All they had done was remove a couple of lower cabinets in the kitchen so a wheelchair could roll under the counter. They didn't refinish the the cabinets or anything, they just pulled them out. The sink in the bathroom was set up properly and the toilet had rail assistance, but the shower wasn't set up properly at all. It was a bathtub/shower with a bench attached to the wall. But the bench was so far back that water didn't even reach the bench and the shower head was a standard shower head, no hand shower. The living room was very small, we had to move chairs constantly so the wheelchair could fit through. This room should not have been considered handicap accessible!

#58088 - 01/21/18 11:40 AM Re: Windsor Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
Madatory Offline

Stayed in Windsor for weekend wine event over MLK weekend. Resort is open and no fire damage. Rooms are clean and spacious but not great sound proofing. On the bottom floor and could hear walking and doors closing up above. Also despite declining sales pitch got called every day to see if I would come. Had a horrible experience going to owners breakfast previously so just say NO! Front desk staff helpful, definitely need a car as no grocery or food close by.

#58087 - 01/21/18 09:13 AM Re: Windsor Resort Review [Re: SuperSleeper]
JimDavis Offline

Has the Windsor Resort reopened after the Tubbs Fire? Was there damage to the Resort?

#57975 - 10/16/17 02:06 PM Re: Windsor Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
jacqueduvall Offline

What is the current status of the Windsor Resort with regards to the Tubbs fire and others ion the area?

#57972 - 10/11/17 06:45 PM Re: Windsor Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
SuperSleeper Offline

This site is being evacuated due to the fires. Our family stayed here twice, and we loved it here. Last I checked, it was only 3 miles away! Thoughts and prayers go out to all the victims. WorldMark, if you’re listening, how do I donate my credits to disaster victims and firefighters? There are thousands of people in need. I also have travelshare so I should be able to transfer credits to hotels where it’s needed. Please help!

#57849 - 07/27/17 04:52 PM Re: Windsor Resort Review [Re: mvmomcat]
bthorman Offline

According to the Resort page there is no Jacuzzi, but there is a jetted tub in the master:

Penthouse - Three Bedroom - Special Needs: King in master with jetted tub, king in second master with open shower, twins in third bedroom. Three bathrooms,grab bars, roll under sink, no Roll-in shower. Penthouse units may be on various floors. Maximum occupancy 6.

#57848 - 07/27/17 12:29 PM Re: Windsor Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
mvmomcat Offline

What is the difference between the 3 bedroom and the 3 bedroom penthouse besides no murphy bed in the penthouse and there is a jacuzzi tub in the penthouse? Thanks!

#57012 - 07/06/16 04:29 PM Re: Windsor Resort Review - WARNING theft and vandalism [Re: Forum Host]
Aceditall Offline

Recently stayed at the Windsor property for two days last week. A friend and I rode our motorcycles up to the Santa Rosa area from southern California (523 miles)to visit friends and take a little vacation time and I thought this would be a great time to use the timeshare at this facility. After a 15 hr ride we checked in about 9:30 pm. The desk clerk was nice and courteous although after the check-in referred us across the lobby to the concierge/membership education desk to sign up for the 1 ½ hour sales pitch for more credits and as we were extremely tired after our ride, I declined. The gentleman at the concierge desk proceeded to pressure and entice us with offers until I had to insistently decline. I was there to enjoy my time in the area and not sit around the resort and listen to sales and spiels. We arose the next morning and had an enjoyable day. We arrived late that evening and parked our motorcycles on the adjacent side street near our unit located in building 5 no more than 100 ft from our patio. We awoke the following morning ready to checkout and as we loaded our motorcycles, noticed my friend’s motorcycle had been vandalized during the night. Someone had stolen his right front brake handle along with the brake master cylinder reservoir, the left front brake caliper, and both mirrors (a total of approximately $600). I contacted the front desk and informed them and asked if they had security cameras on the property and of course the answer was no. I asked if theft had been problem before and again the answer was no.
We contacted the local police to make a report and they advised us they were aware that there had been multiple reports of theft and breaking into cars at the property in the recent past. I wish I had known, we would of parked our bike on the patio !!! Maybe its time to install surveillance cameras or at least a roving security guard at insecure locations. Next time I will check with local authorities to inquire as to the safety of my property when visiting my timeshares.
eek

#56417 - 11/08/15 04:16 PM Re: Windsor Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
bthorman Offline

We recently go back from a weekend at Windsor (one of our favorite places). Unfortunately at both Windsor and Angels Camp in the past they have been very persistent in trying to get you to an owner's update. But the last time we were at either place, we've been very tired by the time we arrived. Each time, I just told them that I was tired and had a headache (also true) and really wanted to get to our room. Each time they were VERY kind, no pressure, just gave me their names and an extension to get hold of them and let me go on my way. What a refreshing change! If I wanted to attend an update, I just had to call. No pressure.

It seems to me that Wyndham may finally be starting to listen to the owners. The WorldMark check in person was very nice. After learning that we had been there many times, he gave us a free movie rental. Very nice.

#55953 - 05/31/15 03:20 AM Re: Windsor Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
bthorman Offline

We were there for 2 nights last weekend (Sat & Sun). Everything was up to our expectations, as usual.The front desk staff was amazing! We were put into a unit that we'd had several years ago, very nice. I love the updates, though we always bring our own salt/pepper now, since the little ones barely last 2 days.

The only issue, again, were the sales people. We got in late and I told him we just wanted to get to our unit and could he make it quick. He said sure, then proceeded to talk at me for several more minutes. I finally just took the papers and went. Later I noticed that he'd high lighted on one of the papers, a comment that they're changing their approach and will not be pushy about renting credits. Well, I forgot to unplug the phone and they called the next day anyway.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.