Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Topic Options
#49194 - 12/05/12 10:23 AM Granby - Rocky Mountain Preserve Resort Review
KrisComm Offline

Have you stayed at WorldMark Granby - Rocky Mountain Preserve? Here's your chance to tell other WorldMark owners what it's really like. How big is the pool, how hot is the hot tub? How are the units laid out? What do you wish you had known before you left home?

#59118 - 08/30/20 10:19 AM Re: Granby - Rocky Mountain Preserve Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
NWolf Offline

Loc: Colorado
Just came back from 5 days at the Worldmark Granby. Great staff with easy check-in even with Covid. We had the two bedroom suite with Murphy bed in the living room. Good sized kitchen with all you'd expect from a Worldmark. Big dining room table even with the Murphy bed set up. Nice living area with fireplace. Good views of the practice range and back pond from the patio with a big grill. Front bedroom had two small beds with TV and plenty of closet and dresser space. Front bathroom was huge. Master bedroom had outstandingly comfortable bed and great sized bath. Perfect for the family as we took 5 with us. The area around the resort is really built up now and the store is only a 2 minute drive. Granby is a cute little town with Winter Park and Grand Lake short drives away. Plenty to do besides the park. Went up to the hot springs and spend a couple hours relaxing in the pools. I guess the only bummer part of the trip was the golf club had their pool open while all we could do was stare at ours. Overall thou, good views and a relaxing time in the mountains.

#57991 - 10/31/17 12:10 PM Re: Granby - Rocky Mountain Preserve Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
bob48 Offline

Loc: Colorado
After a couple of years was finally able to stay at Granby twice this summer. Both times with friends. Our first stay in late June was in the stand alone 3 bedroom casita. All six of us had a marvelous 2 night experience with friends celebrating 58 years of marriage. The casita is very spacious with a large seating area and dining area. comfort at every corner. My friends were happy and I have booked with them a longer stay next year.
The second stay was in September in the 2 bedroom casita. It well appointed and the private partially enclosed hot tub is delightful. As mentioned earlier there is no dining table only bar seating. However, the services manager was able for our stay to place a card table and chairs in the casita as this is much easier to sit around and especially play cards in the evenings. I would suggest that this table and chairs be always available for use. Our trip was at the peak of the aspen colors in late September. This was spectacular time as the canyons were ablaze with golds, purples and deep reds leaves abounding on every road trip we took. RMNP is about a 30 minute drive to the entrance.

#57900 - 08/28/17 07:04 AM Re: Granby - Rocky Mountain Preserve Resort Review [Re: kare]
bthorman Offline

Loc: San Francisco Area
None of them work.

#57898 - 08/27/17 05:27 PM Re: Granby - Rocky Mountain Preserve Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
kare Offline

Loc: CA
What an amazing room we had: the 2 bedroom presidential stand-alone casita!! It was truly glorious. Here is the description from the WorldMark website: King in master, two doubles in the second bedroom. Unit has full kitchen, gas fire place, outdoor BBQ grill, private hot tub and is standalone. Unit does not have dining room table. The maximum occupancy is 4.

I am going to attach a link to this post so that everyone can see how truly glorious this unit is. It was like being on our 2nd honeymoon having such a beautiful "get away."

Here is the link to my pictures...if you click on the beginning picture and then progress through each individual picture thereafter, you will be able to view an explanation of what you are viewing in each picture: https://photos.google.com/u/1/album/AF1QipNEUCJUTeLBdRCloDuyUBPlLWQR46mGKcRdulxe

#57401 - 12/28/16 07:59 PM Re: Granby - Rocky Mountain Preserve Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
Pstreet1 Offline

We've spent the last 7 days at Worldmark Granby, and we've been very pleased. Since it's just my husband and I, we have a one bedroom on the ground floor--as we'd hoped it would be. The living room is large with a fireplace, and a sliding glass door out to the patio with seating and a barbeque grill. We look right at the golf course, though in December, it's just white open land. The kitchen is ample: kitchen bar/island has seating for two and a lot of storage space, and there is a table that seats 4. Bathroom has a tub/shower combination. There is a washer/dryer, of course, and a Murphy bed. One closet has no rod so it can be used for skis. The king sized bed is excellent.

The hot tub is large and can hold quite a crowd. There's a game room, a small exercise room, and a lounge area with tables and a t.v.--would be a good place for a larger family group to gather. The staff is super friendly. I can think of absolutely nothing to complain about.

The City Market, the town grocery store, really quite a nice one, is "just up the road," about a half a mile; it's right by Subway, McDonalds, and the gas station. It takes 7 minutes to get from the resort to Granby Ranch ski area and golf course--I know because my daughter has a condo there, and we made the trip many times this past week. We enjoyed eating at Maverick Grill--according to Trip Advisor the #1 restaurant in town, and that's well deserved; it would do well against most restaurants anyplace: the green chili is wonderful. We also ate at Azteca Mexican restaurant, and we enjoyed it, too. Azteca is about 12 minutes from the resort; Maverick is about 15 minutes.

It's a friendly resort in a friendly town, and for experiencing Rockly Mountain Park/skiing/mountain biking/fishing/golfing/hiking, it is really a great spot.

#56315 - 09/26/15 05:23 PM Re: Granby - Rocky Mountain Preserve Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
HR Morris Offline

Stayed in the two bedroom casita at Granby from 12 September thru 19 September. The place is beautiful. Nice bed,fireplace, kitchen and hot tub. The views were tremendous. Got up each morning. took a walk and enjoyed the scenery. The place is very quiet, no construction except they are occasionally putting finishing touches on some of the casitas. The staff is very friendly and willing to help with any thing you need. There are no name brand restaurants in Granby but some good ones are Mavericks, Mustachios on Lake Granby and Brick House 10. the golf course has a nice place to eat but closes at 6:00.Went to Breckenridge for the October fest, Took a ride through Rocky Mountain National Park, visited Estes Park, Winter Park. Had a great time. Make sure you visit the Grand Lake Lodge, the food is great and the views are beautiful.

#56187 - 08/11/15 08:10 AM Re: Granby - Rocky Mountain Preserve Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
tjponcho Offline

Cannot say enough about the Worldmark Granby Casitas. Our party of 6 was very comfortable in the Three Bedroom Presidential Casita during the month of July. The units are gorgeous and super comfortable. Well stocked kitchen and enough towels and pool towels. Private hot tub was a hit! Only negative was double beds instead of queens in second/third bedrooms. We honestly never went over to the pool at the main lodge so can't comment on that. Local, well -stocked grocery store very close. Not many local restaurants close, but many within half hour drive. Grand Lake and Winter Park both about half-hour drive. We really enjoyed being able to drive to RMNP each day, plenty to see and explore. We did a Colorado River rafting trip, Alpine Slide in Winter Park and various other hiking/outdoors activities. We were there 5 nights which was perfect!

#55080 - 08/21/14 07:31 AM Re: Granby - Rocky Mountain Preserve Resort Review [Re: menendezp]
charly Offline

This resort is one of my family's favorites... very relaxing and easy to get to. I mountain bike at the Ranch and take the trail between Granby and Winter Park. We also have season passes to the Ranch for skiing this year. We love the quite atmosphere and the small town. In the summer there is a golf course right next door and the pool is heated. The kids enjoy it. You are only about 30 minutes from Grand Lake and the western entrance to RMNP. Grand Lake has some nice restaurants as well as winter activities like snow mobile rental and cross country skiing. In the summer Grand Lake is alive with lake activities and of course RMNP.

Granby it self is a small town with a couple of places to each and a country market right up the road from the condo. There is plenty to do in the area, but it is not very touristy... which I like.

Edited by charly (08/21/14 11:09 AM)

#54819 - 06/22/14 06:45 AM Re: Granby - Rocky Mountain Preserve Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
Thrap Offline

I have a reservation from 7/26-7/30 that I may need to get out of. How can I sell these credits? How much would someone pay for these?

#54341 - 03/11/14 03:08 PM Re: Granby - Rocky Mountain Preserve Resort Review [Re: renobob6]
smunchski Offline

Hello! Yours was the only post I care to reply to - you actually stayed there! Anything else you could share with me would be helpful. I am sponsoring my siblings (5 of them) and their spouses and my mom (age 95) in September at the resort. I hope it's a good place for this get together. We LIKE quiet and out of the way places. ANY other information would be helpful to us. Thank you!
Susan

#50890 - 09/28/13 09:33 AM Re: Granby - Rocky Mountain Preserve Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
renobob6 Offline

Made reservations a year ago to stay in Estes Park but the massive floods changed all of that. The folks at Granby assured me that their resort was not affected since it was only the Front Range that flooded. Being not familiar with the area I took them at their word. They were, of course, correct and we had a great time. The resort is clean and new. Smaller than some of the other WM properties. Every room has a view of the golf course. Best part about our trip is that they don't yet have one of those nasty sales departments set up. No pretense of, "To get your parking pass you need to go see Mike". I absolutely detest getting hammered with the bait and switch tactics of "Owner Updates".

Granby is a tiny town with not a whole lot to do. But golf was fun and the trip into the RMNP was awesome. The east side of the Park is the road less traveled. We saw moose, elk, and deer. Went to dinner in Grand Lake at the Sagebrush Grill and enjoyed it.

Over-all I was very pleased with the resort. Staff was the friendliest I have encountered in my 8+ years with WM. We will definitely try to go back to Granby.

#50394 - 06/30/13 08:29 PM Re: Granby - Rocky Mountain Preserve Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
menendezp Offline

Loc: So Cal
Very nice resort! We loved this location! Just keep in mind that the resort is NOT close to Denver (it is over an hour and half away) but still really great place to rest and relax. The staff is amazing and they were full of information for us! The towns close to the resort are really neat and have a wonderful happy hour off season. Enjoy yourself and rest and enjoy! laugh

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.