Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#29908 - 11/20/07 04:09 PM San Diego Mission Valley - San Diego Resort Review
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Have you stayed at WM Mission Valley? Here's your chance to share your experience with other owners. What amenities are available at the resort? What do you wish you had known before you left home?

#58611 - 12/29/18 11:49 AM Re: San Diego Mission Valley 2-bedroom 2/17-20/2019 For Rent [Re: Forum Host]
Doroth Offline

Hi all:

We have booked Feb 17-20 2019 two bedroom twin unit at San Diego Mission Valley but now unable to go. We'd like to rent it for $500 total or best offer. Please contact me at ddwang8888-efax@yahoogroups.com.

If the post is still here, it means that it is still available. Otherwise, i will delete it.

Thank you
Dorothy

#57852 - 07/29/17 07:42 AM Re: San Diego Mission Valley - San Diego Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
beverlyp9 Offline

Loc: Washington
This is an updated post to the one I left last year. My sister and I stayed in a 2 BR unit for Comic Con in July 2017. I really appreciate getting the top floor. This time we were in one of the newly renovated units. We loved it! Of course, it is just the two of us, so the small unit, small kitchen, etc., is just fine. The best improvements, among the many improvements, is that the bedrooms now have their own AC units which are separate from the living room AC unit. Each has their own control and it is actually possible to get the rooms cold! smile The other wonderful improvement is that there are new beds and they are soft (but not too soft)!! Woo Hoo!!

We were notified that there would be construction and workers inside and outside, but I'm OK with that. I want to stay in updated, nice looking, functional property when I vacation. The workers were done in the evening and we got up fairly early each morning, so the work schedule did not bother us.

The resort staff were very pleasant, as always. After four firm 'noes' I got through to the sales staff that we would not be available for an update. No little gift packages from them frown.

Yes, the tiny pool is a disappointment, but there is no room for a larger pool unless it can be done on the roof, but at what cost??!!

We've already booked for next year's Comic Con. Let's hope we get tickets!!

[WorldMark: Anaheim, Bend (Seventh Mountain Resort), Depoe Bay, Gleneden, Kihei, Lake Tahoe, Las Vegas Blvd, Leavenworth, Long Beach, New Orleans (Avenue Plaza), San Francisco, Newport (Schooner Landing), Seaside, Seattle (The Camlin), Las Vegas (Spencer Street), Victoria; Wyndham: Grand Desert, Kingsgate and Kona Hawaiian Resort]

#57839 - 07/26/17 06:16 AM Re: San Diego Mission Valley - San Diego Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
JoshuaHowe Offline

Loc: New Mexico
Stayed here from June 29th through July 1st. Had heard very bad things about this resorts in reading other reviews. Check in went very smoothly except for trying to get our parking pass. The girl at the front (who kept saying how laid back their update was) kept pressing me to do an update even after I politely declined numerous times.

We were put in one of the newly renovated, 2BR 2 Bath units which were very nice. Had a small balcony near some of the construction but was never an issue for us as we did not spend much time at the unit anyways. Was not disappointed in this resort at all.

Edited by JoshuaHowe (07/26/17 06:37 AM)

#57789 - 06/30/17 07:43 PM Re: San Diego Mission Valley - San Diego Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
sdbeachmom Offline

Loc: California
Out of the center of the city but only a 5 min drive or so to anywhere downtown. Lovely rooms currently under renovation. The pools are super small but go to the beach! Nice game room. Nice balconys to sit on and some small but pretty views. Dennys within walking distance and other chain hotels. Underground parking is pretty tight but plenty of spots.
Definitely would stay here again.

#57722 - 05/26/17 11:31 AM Re: San Diego Mission Valley - San Diego Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
aklady72 Offline

Loc: Alaska
Scheduled to stay there mid-June.... very nervous now after reading these posts. Anyone stay here recently that may have had a positive experience?

#57574 - 03/16/17 07:12 PM Re: San Diego Mission Valley - San Diego Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
roknroll91 Offline

This is a review from back in October 2014 that I left. My user account for forum postings was deleted and all y posts disappeared. Just wanted to get them back up.

“Not even close to one of my top 10 Worldmark Locations” October 7, 2014
Positive: The staff was friendly at the check in desk, very helpful with early check in and courteous to my children. I initially thought that having the washing machines not in the rooms would be an inconvenience but thankfully I was wrong. Even though I had to carry my laundry to the wash room the quality of the washers compared to the other resorts made up for it. Plus there was no lines. Aside from the construction that was on another property the balcony was a nice spot to sit.

Negatives:
Perhaps the biggest disappointment of our stay here was that the concierge desk wanted us to go to a owners session and we turned them down because we had our children. They told us it would be child friendly and that the session was going to only be about the new club pass. Long story short the staff in the meeting were completely rude to us, the meeting was not child friendly at all unless you 2 year old wants to sit in a chair and watch a speech. They made a big deal during the meeting about it and marched us out down the isle of shame. I felt lied too and our owner session liaison never even explained the club pass to us. We even asked specifically about it and she told us that's not what this meeting is for and that were here to rent you credits. She told us to go to the internet and look it up if we wanted to know more and handed us a pamphlet. I felt embarrassed and lied too. Some of the worst treatment by worldmark employees.
The rooms are smaller than normal and only one of the bedrooms of the two we actually had air-conditioning. The smaller room has the AC unit in the room and a secondary scoop that directed a small amount of air into the larger room. This is in no way enough air to cool the second room and even on 90 degree days the room is uncomfortable. The parking spots under the building are difficult to get into for full sized cars or bigger. Our room had a small kitchen which is fine but the dining table was a joke. It was up against the wall and with 2 adults and 2 small children it was very difficult to enjoy a meal together. I couldn't imagine having more adults there to eat.

Over all I will make every attempt to avoid staying at this Worldmark again.

Edited by roknroll91 (03/16/17 07:12 PM)

#57268 - 10/19/16 09:59 AM Re: San Diego Mission Valley - San Diego Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
glstjs Offline

[b][b]HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE - DO STAY HERE IF YOU WANT TO ENJOY YOURSELF. [/b][/b]
We checked out 2 days early because of the horrible experience. The first desk person who checked us in early was the only person worth saving at this resort. Starting with the person in guest relations they experience just went down hill. She was pushy and obnoxious. When we actually got our room 3 hrs. later, we were at the end, good deal right. WRONG- a crane was all but in our room! I opened the side blinds in the living room and I could look out and see the color of the operators eyes. There were trucks outside the balcony below us( we were on the 2nd floor). I was awakened at 6:30 AM, by people talking, it was workers. And at7 AM, they started in. Crane moving stuff, trucks backing up, beeo beep,beep.
NO WE WERE NOT WARNED AND NO I DID NOT AGREE TO A LESS DESIRABLR ROOM.
We left can returned later that day, couldn't hear the TV over the noise. We decided that enough was enough, my husband had already been down to the front desk, only to get the response we could move you but we don't have any other rooms. then why offer?!?!!!. At 5 PM we decided we were leaving, we checked out, 2 days early.
When my husband went to turn on the keys & tell them we were leaving, they responded we'll notify the manager of your concerns.Why didn't they get a manager to start off?
Oh yeah and then the guy told him it's posted on our website- WRONG, Here's what's posted copy & pasted.
Quote:
[/quote]Please Note: The resort will undergo interior renovations Feb. 5 - Sept. 3, 2017. There will be some noise, dust, odors, and workers on site. Dates are subject to change[quote]
unless I'm blind I don't see anything about putting a new roof on in Oct 2016.We have stayed in other resort- in fact we chose not to stay in Oceanside because of construction, why would we have stayed here if we'd known in advance?

I lost 3 vacation days from work & 2 days of credits of the 3 days credits because of this experience.

We stayed here once before and a side from the sales staff being rude, it was a decent stay. But never again- unless there is an emergency which I can't see happening in San Diego.

Needless to say they received all 1's on the survey. If they had minus numbers they would have received those.

#57152 - 08/18/16 04:21 PM Re: San Diego Mission Valley - San Diego Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
beverlyp9 Offline

Loc: Washington
My sister and I stayed in July in a two-bedroom unit on the top (4th) floor, at the end of the building (room 455) and because we were on the backside, it was mostly quiet. We had a choice of this room or one of the first floor. Admittedly, it is a long walk from the lobby and not close to the pool or the BBQ if you want to do some swimming or grilling. The unit was well maintained and everything worked as it should. The AC is outstanding!! Thank you!! On the downside about the unit, the water smelled of eggs. We didn’t drink it and told the staff about it but asked them to check on it and the stinky sink drain after we checked out.

Staff was wonderful, very helpful, always with a smile. Disappointed that the resort can’t offer the shuttle to Traders Joe’s which is just across the freeway, but too far to walk with bags of groceries. The shuttle is only available for sales and potential buyers. We were able to get Uber and they arrived within ten minutes whenever we called.

One specific sales associate in the lobby was pretty insistent about scheduling an update, even though I told her I had one the week before at another resort. And despite telling her very firmly, “no,” she followed up with two phone calls, a note at our door and pounced on me as we were going out. This is too much!

The pool is tiny and was always filled with kids. Wish WorldMark would bring back the one-hour for adults. Such a shame they took that from us! Parents - please teach your children manners and tell them not to run and scream in the hallway.

We’ve stayed at this WorldMark twice now while attending Comic Con. A shuttle is provided by Comic Con, so it is a great place to stay. If we get tickets next year, we’ll see you in 2017!

Camlin (WA); Depoe Bay (OR); Gleneden Beach (OR); Grand Desert (NV); Kihei (HI); Kingsgate (VA); Kona Hawaiian Resort (HI); Las Vegas Blvd (NV); Leavenworth, (WA); Long Beach (WA); Mission Valley (CA); San Francisco (CA); Seaside (OR); Schooner Landing (OR); South Shore (NV); Victoria (BC)

#56988 - 06/22/16 04:07 PM Re: San Diego Mission Valley - San Diego Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
Preslor Offline

the worst resort we have visited for the following reasons:

1. We arrived at 4 pm at check in time, they got our rooms ready around 7 pm. three hours waiting with kids. The front desk could not tell me when the room would be available, just that they were working on it. Communication was way lacking between the front desk and other employees there.
2. The last day in one of the rooms we found bed bugs, we're pretty sure. We reported it to the manager on duty, she said they would test them and let us know. We left the next day and hadn't heard a word. She also said they would refund the amount for that night, haven't seen a refund yet and that was a week ago. Major customer issue there. Their "bug" person said they probably weren't bed bugs since you normally can't see bed bugs, they are too small. Anyone can google bed bugs and read the adults are quite visible. If that's the person they rely on for stuff like that, that's pretty sad.
3. The person in the store tried to charge us over $4 for 4 /25 cent items. they should teach their employees basic math.
4. When we did get to our rooms one of the mattresses was damp, they had to change it out. They couldn't do that in the first place?

I have stayed in quite a few hotels, never had problems like this, and this is a worldmark resort. I will never stay at this resort again.

Edited by Preslor (06/22/16 04:10 PM)

#55542 - 01/27/15 08:40 AM Re: San Diego Mission Valley - San Diego Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
DianaSeattle Offline

You should be aware that there is no direct sun in the pool area. The pool is shaded on 3 sides by the building and on the 4th side by a very steep hill directly behind it. Most of the balconies are shaded also. And there are no grounds where you can take a chair and sit in the sun. This resort is in an urban setting, with hotels, office buildings, and restaurants. We did have a great view of the freeway and heard the traffic noise 24 hours a day. To a sun-starved Seattleite, this resort was a huge disappointment.

Edited by DianaSeattle (01/27/15 08:43 AM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.