Who's Online
0 registered (), 33 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Topic Options
#15112 - 03/07/05 01:12 PM Questions and Comments - Rotorua
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Have questions regarding this resort? Want to give someone kudos for the great story they shared in their Holiday Journal or for their awesome snaps album? Do it here. Title your reply "questions - Rotorua" or Kudos; Journal or Snaps". This will make it easy to search this thread and find the questions and answers or the respective kudos. Be sure to give the username for your thank you!

#57649 - 04/19/17 10:01 AM Re: Questions and Comments - Rotorua [Re: tdiddy1]
aloysius Offline

Loc: Salem, Oregon, USA
We have stayed at Rotorua twice. They only have 1 or 2 SN Units. This means there is a Ramp to help get in but that is about it. In February 2016 we had one of the 2 story Chalets along the Lake front. The only thing upstairs was the 3rd bedroom. In 2014 we stayed in a standard 3 bedroom unit. They are townhouses along the little canals. These had all 3 bedrooms and the main bathroom upstairs. Downs stairs was the kitchen, dining, living room, and bath room with sink and toilet.

There is lots to do but you do have to drive - Glow Worm caves, Hobbiton, Geothermal Parks, Geothermal Mud Baths, Ziplining, etc.

#57484 - 02/08/17 09:07 AM Re: Questions and Comments - Rotorua [Re: Forum Host]
tdiddy1 Offline

I have a question about the Special Needs Units that was mentioned on the Forum. I don't see that listed in the choices, is it possibly a 2 Bedroom Deluxe?

Thanks,
Tdiddy

#57348 - 11/28/16 08:58 AM Re: Questions and Comments - Rotorua [Re: Forum Host]
WendyW Offline

We plan to stay Rotorua in our trip to New Zealand. I noticed there is only one bathroom for the 2 BD (Deluxe) unit. Is it too inconvenient for 4 adults? Do you have public toilets? Thanks for your reply.

#54640 - 05/13/14 07:34 PM Re: Questions and Comments - Rotorua [Re: ]
aloysius Offline

Loc: Salem, Oregon, USA
We were in Rotorua in February 2014. We had a wonderful time. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Reserve the Special Needs Unit whether you have special needs or not. The way you get a stand alone cabin with a Lake View. There was lots to do in the immediate area. Also lots to do within an hour or two drive. Could easily have spent 3 weeks there but only had 10 days. Driving is an adventure. Most of the car rentals are manual and you are sitting/driving on the opposite side. You can rent an AT it just costs a bit more. Once you get away from the cities the highways are narrow and poorly marked. Think USA State Highway System from the 1950's but poorly marked. But take a deep breath and relax. It is an adventure.

#49123 - 11/26/12 03:22 PM Re: Rotorua accomodation [Re: Daisy & Lu]
longtimeowner Offline

Loc: California
Hi Daisy & Lu,

Our trip is coming up fast and I'm starting to do some serious planning. Your response is a great help. If I come up with any more questions I will give you an e-mail.

Thanks,

Jon

#48568 - 08/24/12 06:34 PM Re: Rotorua accomodation [Re: longtimeowner]
Daisy & Lu Offline

Loc: Ca. USA
Hi

Sorry for the delay. To let you know We were there with 6 adults (Ages 62-31 and a 2 year old) They all enjoyed everything.
The driving was differentat first but easy to pick up. First, take it slow, nice to have one person up front with you to help call out speed limits and look at the GPS. You just concentrate on driving. After a few days it should be alot easier. The roads are really nice and well marked. Even in town there are one or two major streets so we parked and walked around.The resort is really easier to get to and a nice way to break in driving.Traffic was not bad but dont forget we were there toward the end of their winter.Look on line for driving in New Zealand for some helpful tips. Also the controlls are also backwards but you will get used to them quick.

We did alot of things so its hard to say what was the best. We really enjoyed the thermal parks. We went to Wai-O-Tapu,Hells Gate, Lake Tarawera and of course the thermal spots right in Rotorua. All were very good.We did the Buried Village. When you are there you must do the long walk down by the water fall.The fishing is a must whether you boat or shore fish. We only needed one lic. for the whole boat which was only $25/day.Ask at the front desk. Also do the Rotorua Museum which was very interesting.
We did the Tamaki Maori Vivvage but there are others. It is our understanding that they are all equally good so look and pick. For the younger set (like my daughter & son-in-law) they went snow sking and bungiee jumping. I did the Zorb and we all did the luge rides. We had dinner one night up at skyline which was real good. You might also be interested in the agrodome. If your younger group will do a bungiee jump or swing look at Taupo. Its not far but real cool.
If you need anything else feel free to write or e-mail, lepjr1951@jcis.net.

#48540 - 08/20/12 04:45 PM Re: Rotorua accomodation [Re: Daisy & Lu]
longtimeowner Offline

Loc: California
Hi Daisy & Lu
My family is going to New Zealand in December (their summer for us). I have a few questions if you don't mind. First, how was driving? How are the roads, traffic, etc? Second, what were you favorite thing you did? We are going to have our two adult children with (age 24 and 21). Anything you can think of to help us with our trip would be great. We are spending one week on each island.

Thanks,

Jon

#48538 - 08/20/12 12:12 PM Re: Rotorua accomodation [Re: NZKailoma]
Daisy & Lu Offline

Loc: Ca. USA
Hi
Just a few comments about the resort. We (6 adults and 1 2yr. old) were there 3 Aug. to 15 Aug. 2012 and had a 3 BDR. deluxe. The place was great, rooms were very nice and clean. The only thing for us was the pictures in the resort info tend to make you believe that the living room and kitchen area are larger than they really are. But over all things there were great.If you have small children the stairs could be a problem so you might want to get those stair gate to prevent an accident from happening.

We were there in their winter months but really not a problem. We did everything we wanted to with no delays or problems with the rain. Yes it's a little cooler but not bad at all.

Found 3 grocery stores in the center of town which is only 10-15 minutes away. Prices are a little higher than the states but not bad.Also if you rent a car alot of the grocery stores give out coupons for discount gas at different stations.

Being winter there we never had to wait in lines for any attractions, also if you look on line there are many places to get 50% or more off on admission to places.Over all our days were packed full with things to do but you might have to be flexable in case it does rain on an out door activity.

For the fisherman, the Ohau channel(right next to the resort) is closed during Aug. but there is a man who lives on the resort with his own boat and charter service. He will take you out on Lake Rotorua. Inquire at the front desk. By the way the fishing was great and the man with the charter service was one of the best people we meet there. We got fish and had them for dinner. Great experience.

The whole area around Rotorua is just packed with things to do.
If you would need a car or van like we did I found a great place with cheaper deals than most others places. The van we got was great with no problems at all. So look these people up at Rite Price rentals. They bend over backwards to help you.

If there are any other questions just ask I will try to answer them.

#45398 - 06/11/11 04:31 PM Re: Rotorua accomodation [Re: NZKailoma]
NZKailoma Offline

Loc: Auckland, NZ
Ok, I just found out.
The deluxe rooms have heat pumps, plasma tv's, different furnishings and while the standard rooms have no heat pumps,
(heaters instead), no plasma tv but nice furnishings and are quite
comfortable.

#45383 - 06/10/11 03:49 PM Rotorua accomodation [Re: ]
NZKailoma Offline

Loc: Auckland, NZ
Hello. We are thinking of staying at Wyndham, Rotorua. Can someone please tell me the difference between a standard room & a deluxe room ?
Many thanks

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.