Who's Online
0 registered (), 26 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1843 - 03/02/04 04:32 PM Valley Isle Resort Review
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Have you stayed at Valley Isle? Here's your chance to tell other owners what it's really like. How big is the pool? How hot is the hot tub? What do you wish you had known before you left home?

#58687 - 02/06/19 04:57 PM Re: Valley Isle Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
bradleypkm Offline

We just returned from an 8 day stay at Valley Isle. We had 1 of the 1 bedroom units, 701. The 1 bedroom units are at the bottom of the T facing the ocean. I believe WM owns 101 but am certain they have 501 and 701. The Beaty of these rooms is you get a Murphy bed and a bedroom so easily sleeps the 4 comfortably. The other great thing is the bedroom is ocean facing which I was told is unique to the *01 rooms. The room size is very comfortable with a standard kitchen, a dining area, the laundry closet and a living space. The living area has a nicely sized lanai. The bedroom has a patio door but just enough room to stand there as it isn’t very deep. There are ceiling fans in both areas. Also it’s a corner unit so you get windows on the rear ocean facing walls as well as the side of the living space. They look to be recently updated as the furniture, carpet, and paint we’re all in good repair. It was probably the most comfortable WM mattress we’ve ever had - not that they’re usually uncomfortable but this one is very comfortable. The was decent storage in the dressers but the only closet is in the bathroom which makes access a little tight. The bathroom was fine but a little dingy. We weren’t creeped out or anything, it just looked a little substandard. The shower curtain had holes, the vacuum was picked to the gills, and the grout just looked dirty. The major upside to the bathroom was that this is the first ever (I’ve stayed maybe 15 times in 8 resorts) that the shower drain isn’t slow so that I stood in 4 inches of water by the end of my shower. Anyone else ever notice that? Drives me nuts. This one flowed great. The kitchen was standard but a previous tenant set a hot pan on the counter which melted and bubbled the Formica. For some reason this hasn’t been repaired and really looks bad. They don’t do towel exchange but will give you all the soap you want. Views were to die for from the room and we saw whales constantly from the lanai. Acres from the highway was easy and parking was always available. Also surprising the complex was wonderfully quiet at night. We left the doors open every night and never heard a peep after quiet hours. All in all we loved the stay and couldn’t wait to go back. Also the colors in the pictures are old. It’s lots of rusts and browns now but it looks really nice and was a great home while in Maui.
Regarding amenities outside the room, the beach to the south is lovely. The beach directly in front can be non-existent as the water is so close and with any weather for tide, its gone but in calm weather we heard there is maybe a 30 foot deep space. To the south of the rocky outcropping on the beach to the south of the building is a small cove. We saw turtles sleeping on the beach there and many more playing in the water, That was amazing. The personnel at the desk work for Vacation International so by design can't do much to help other than offer advice around the island, which they were more than willing to do. The pool is lovely and there is a rinse station with 3 grills and an herb garden. There are also lovely smelling plumeria trees. The elevator is fast to move but slow to close the door. And trash disposal is very easy thanks to a rubbish shoot on each floor. The doors to the units have locking 'screen' doors so you can leave them open for cross breeze which we didn't;t need but others said was handy. There was a portable fan in the closet you can use as well which we didn't need.

Edited by bradleypkm (02/07/19 04:18 AM)

#57810 - 07/11/17 08:12 AM Re: Valley Isle Resort Review [Re: jdidaho]
CarpeDiem Offline

Does anyone have pictures of this resort that show the view from a 2 bedroom?

Edited by CarpeDiem (07/11/17 08:22 AM)

#57659 - 04/24/17 07:15 PM Re: Valley Isle Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
jdidaho Offline

Loc: Idaho
Just checked into Valley Isle in Lahaina. First time here as we usually stay at the Worldmark in Kihei. This is definitely below Worldmark standards. So much for being on the beach with an ocean view, not. The view is obscured and far from the beach as it's on the side of the resort not in front. Was told all WM 2 brdrms are in this section. Master bedroom was advertised with its own lanai. It does have one you can maybe stand on but no way can sit in a chair out there.

I knew there was no air conditioning so you have a locking screen door so you can leave door open for breeze from the lanai. Great idea except our room is right across from elevator so hear everyone getting on/off the elevator. Won't leave that open after dark. No security locks on the main door. Rooms are outdated and need upgrades.

Could go on and on but that's enough. Won't be back. Been to WM Kihei and Kona on the Big Island and will be more than happy to go there instead.

#57579 - 03/21/17 03:02 PM Re: Valley Isle Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
M&L Offline

Has anyone ever gone bottom or sport fishing in Maui? Will be going to Maui in May and thinking about going fishing. Any recommendations on who to go with.

#57554 - 03/06/17 06:39 PM Re: Valley Isle Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
janienbob Offline

Loc: Oregon
We stayed at Valley Isle in March of 2016 for a week. We travel to Maui just about every year and love Kihei. We have friends who have stayed at Valley Isle many times so we chose it for a week. The descriptions are pretty accurate. This is not a typical WorldMark property. But, here's what we loved about it. Open the front door (lock the screen), open the patio door, sit on the patio with wine or iced tea and take in the sight of whales and sea turtles right outside the unit. It is unbelievable! cool There are good places to eat within walking distance and a grocery store close by for cooking in. We really enjoyed our week there. If you are a beach person this probably isn't the resort for you because the beach is very small (narrow) but you can stand on the grass, look down and see sea turtles sunning themselves.

#57233 - 09/28/16 12:17 PM Re: Valley Isle Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
Star71 Offline

I just got back last week (September 2016) after a 7 day stay in a 2 BR/2 BA condo. I regret to say that I was not the least bit impressed with the facility. Especially if you have ever been to Windsor location in Sonoma wine country in CA or French Quarter location in New Orleans LA. This facility at Valley Isle is sooooo very old and in desperate need of an update. It is one thing for the whole project to look old but at least the few condos owned by Worldmark should be completely updated with a facelift. Since the building is not owned by Wordlmark the housekeeping is subpar too. There is no A/C which may not be needed all of the time but when I was there it was really hot!! I met a private owner who let me take a look at his 1 BR condo that was absolutely beautiful and put the Worldmark unit to shame.

The pool area is towards the front of the project and has no view of anything not like most where it is in the rear so that you can still look out towards the ocean. There were no umbrellas so no way to escape the burning sun. The project next door had chaise lounge chairs out on their grassy section that over looked the ocean but if we tried to put some chairs on the same are at our project the staff would move them back to the pool area.............oh and no Jacuzzi either (under construction along with almost all of the front area of the project). No direct access to the beach area either.

No towel exchange...you had to wash them yourself and the washing machine and dryer in the unit clearly had never been cleaned. They were disgusting. I had to call maintenance to try and fix the ceiling fans that just made so much racket (had to use them with no A/C) and even he grimaced at even touching the fan. He commented and said "I will clean.....it is really bad."

Won't be staying here again because I am used to the Marriott as well as the Hyatt in Maui.

#57188 - 09/05/16 03:32 PM Re: Valley Isle Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
kathylou Offline

My family literally just got back from staying here for 8 days. This was our first trip to Maui and we chose Valley Isle resort as it is right on the beach as described. There was eight of us so I had a 2bd and a 1bd unit. I had read the reviews several times prior to leaving hoping that there would be a more current post as the ones on the message board were all so negative which gave me a lot of apprehension about my choice of resorts. So just in case there are any others out there feeling the same way, here is a current review for you.
The resort is very easy to get to from the main airport in Maui, the drive is beautiful which just adds to the excitement of getting there. The resort is located on the beach amongst other vacation resorts and the view from the beach is beautiful. As the WM description states this is NOT a Worldmark managed resort which means that some of the policies and procedures may differ from the resorts that are Worldmark managed.
Our one bedroom was RM 501, yes view was partially obstructed but still beautiful. You could see the ocean just fine w/view of the island across from Maui. Our 2bdrm unit was 803. Upon walking into the room the balcony is calling for you and has another beautiful view, yes partially obstructed but does not take away from the beauty. The master bedroom has a queen bed with a sliding glass door and a view of the ocean and beach w/a smaller balcony (not really big enough to sit on FYI). The second bedroom is in front of the unit w/no oceanview but does have view of hillside which is pretty. That room has 2 twin beds but can be attached to make a king which in our case we did and it worked out fine. Unit does has two bathrooms but neither are attached to the bedrooms but that worked out well since we had company coming and going they did not have to walk through the bedroom each time.
The kitchen is very small and really only able to have one person cooking at a time. There is no air flow in the kitchen at all which makes it uncomfortable to be in for long. The unit itself has no air conditioning (which is also stated in description), each room does have a ceiling fan and there is one stand up fan for the unit. If you have a breeze and leave front door open you do get a good cross wind going thru the main living space and if you leave the bedroom windows and doors open you also get a cross wind but not much privacy for the bedrooms.
We did have some issues such as dishwasher not draining, kitchen cupboard coming off hinges, screen door breaking and screen in bedroom blowing off BUT all were reported to the office and were fixed in a very timely manner. Pool area was small but nice. Always clean and inviting. Front office staff helpful and friendly but they have limited hours.
So even though the units are older, there is no air conditioning, kitchen is cramped and hot, views are somewhat obstructed, YOU DO HAVE beds that are comfortable, units that are clean, plenty of storage space within unit, a pathway to the beach that is literally seconds from your unit, views of the beach and other islands, helpful staff, beautiful sunsets, warm ocean water, I would definitely stay here again.
After all you are vacationing in a tropical paradise. If you take time to look at the beauty that surrounds you it really is not that bad of a place to stay. ALOHA !!!!

#56442 - 11/16/15 11:24 AM Re: Valley Isle Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
helper Offline

Loc: Canada
Stayed in Valley Isle on October 22 to Nov 1. Staff good, grounds beautiful, view fantastic. Stayed in 603,Fan in 2nd bathroom didn't work,shower needed replacing, finish off, didn't drain so your were standing in water. Main bathroom bathtub needed re-glazing.When having a shower you were standing in water past your ankles. Cock-roach types of bugs. Paint peeling off doors in main bathroom and entry doors. Window frames in 2nd bedroom buckled and look like mold or rotting wood around windows. White curtains on all the windows were dirty.Cabinets in kitchen and bathrooms heavy wear, scratches, dents. Carpets wearing, need replacing. Dryer and washer chips out of them, old and need replacing.Dryer not vented to outside, into a sealed vent like thing on the floor. BLACK MOLD ON THE CEILING WHERE THE WASHER AND DRYER WERE.SAFETY AND HEALTH ISSUES. We had first time visitors to Maui with us and to say the least we were thoroughly embarrassed and disgusted with the condo. Not by any means up to supposedly WorldMark standards. Spoke with owner care about it and told them as far as I was concerned it needed to be gutted and redone. The small beach area is nice but really have to watch the surf especially with children or non swimmers. Unfortunately the trade winds decided not to blow for 3 days so with no air conditioning it was almost unbearable. No lights on the lanai. And why are kettles not supplied in the units.

#56340 - 10/08/15 01:08 PM Re: Valley Isle Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
watravelers Offline

We are presently spending a three week block of time at Valley Isle Resort on Maui. Have been in a studio and now a one bedroom. Both on the oceanfront side of the resort. Older resort but well 😊 maintained. Have some issues but were addressed immediately. Great staff and very easy to work with and find that they will go out of their way to assist you.

Sure am looking forward to our next trip here. Such a beautiful side of the island. Hope all of you enjoy your trip as much as we have.

Take care 😊

#56152 - 07/26/15 12:29 PM Re: Valley Isle Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
caltexan Offline

We were in room 102. it was horrible. Just horrible. We are shocked that WorldMark allows its owners to occupy this unit.

The view at this resort is nice, but we didn't even have that. On the first floor, this is a side facing unit with a sliver of an ocean view. We accept that the building does not have air conditioning. However room 102, is located at the entrance next to the main hallway, so all the building's occupants have the pleasure of gazing into the unit when the door is open. And you have to keep the door open, because there is no air conditioning. Adding insult to injury, while the other one bedrooms in the building have an ocean view, room 102's bedroom view is of the same loud hallway, again allowing people to look in on their way to the pool. As result, the room is very noisy. And you have absolutely no privacy.

The water in the bathroom sink smells like sewage, it was disgusting. The doors to our Murphy bed were broken so there was a queen size bed in our living room. Always. For seven days. The sliding glass door and screen was perpetually stuck. The lounge chairs facing the water were dilapidated, dirty and uncomfortable. Really WorldMark!

We have been owners for over 10 years and this is by far the worst Worldmark resort in which we have stayed. We are currently at the Kapaa Shore WorldMark in Kauai . It is much better, by tenfold. We've also stayed at the WorldMark at in the big Island. And were also very pleased. So justifiably we had expectations of the Maui resort. We worked hard for this vacation. What a complete bust. We were shocked.

The only nice thing about Valley Isle is that the building is on the beach. The grounds are well-kept. The pool is nice. Otherwise, skip this WorldMark because you may get room 102, unless you are prepared to stay in a Motel 6 type room or you plan to never be in your unit except to sleep.

Every day during our seven day stay we asked to be transferred to a new unit. It was that bad.

It's sad to say we were dreading returning back to the unit after a beautiful day in Maui. WorldMark owners expect better. And this unit, room 102, is far below what is in anyway acceptable. Just horrible.

Edited by caltexan (07/27/15 12:39 AM)

#55986 - 06/09/15 02:48 PM Re: Valley Isle Resort Review [Re: steeler1mws]
Golf2Live Offline

Loc: Yelm, Washington
But, there is no air conditioning, right? If so, are there fans of any kind?

#55980 - 06/08/15 11:51 AM Re: Valley Isle Resort Review [Re: steeler1mws]
SKing Offline

Loc: Florida
grin I love your description of the resort!

#55968 - 06/03/15 10:01 PM Re: Valley Isle Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
steeler1mws Offline

We are currently staying at Valley Isle for one night. We booked two weeks in Kihei. I saw one night available at Valley Isle and booked it. I am writing this from the balcony at VI. The sound of the waves is awesome. We have a 2 bedroom on the 10th floor and the view, the smell and ocean music is so relaxing. We were lucky enough to check in at 1:00. We went to the beach which is right at the end of the walkway. We had time to boogy board, snorkle & swim. Then we went to the pool to finish the afternoon. While at the pool they have a pretty nice size herb garden that said, "Help yourself". We picked garlic chives , dill & jalepenos to add to our macaroni salad. Yum! We found absolutely nothing wrong with this resort. It has the nicest staff, prettist grounds & the best view of any Worldmark I've stayed at. I really wish we could have had more time here. We will next time. And, most of the top shows are in Lahaina.

Pagosa Springs, Steamboat Springs, Red River Taos, Bison Ranch, Pinetop,Phoenix,Rancho Vistoso, Coral Baja,Rosarito,Vegas on the Blvd,,Tropicana,Spencer St,Inn at the Park, Balboa Park,Mission Valley,Oceanside,Solvang, Anaheim, Dolphin Cove,The Camlin, ,Birch Bay, Branson, Lake of the Ozarks ,Grand Lake, Daytona Beach, Kihei, Palm Springs, Indio ,Big Bear, Cathedral City

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.