Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#230 - 03/01/04 03:47 PM Angels Camp Resort Review
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Have you stayed at Angels Camp? Here's your chance to tell other owners what it's really like. How big is the pool? How hot is the hot tub? What do you wish you had known before you left home?

#58958 - 11/11/19 02:47 PM Re: Angels Camp Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
paxdiver Offline

Hi, Has anyone stayed late March early April. If so what was the weather conditions and things to do and see. Thanks

#57790 - 07/02/17 01:39 PM Re: Angels Camp Resort Review [Re: mamafin]
rtkautz Offline

Just wondering if anyone had issues with rattlesnakes on world mark grounds or golf course?

#57769 - 06/21/17 09:36 PM Re: Angels Camp Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
mamafin Offline

we have stayed at this resort many times and absolutely love the area as there are so many things to do: the caves ,the wine tasting, the Calaveras big trees, the alpine lakes, the waterski lakes, the hiking, the river, the gold mining towns... its all awesome! The resort is centrally located and looks like almost all the other wordmarks I've been to as far as lay out. My one complaint is the new makeovers on most of the resorts are hideous and this one is no exception and you can see it on the pictures, it is self explanatory. There is absolutely no color theme or theme in general and it is like they went out of there way to make as many things clash as possible as far as color and style as they could. Red plaid country wing back chairs with black and white checkered carpet, black and peach striped couch, green dining room chairs and Hawaiian comforters.... I rest my case! Also the pool area is probably the most prison camp looking thing I've ever seen. In the middle of a parking lot with a fence around it and all cement. With just a little more imagination it could be a much nicer thing to look at and way more relaxing place to hang out.

#57457 - 01/21/17 12:44 PM Re: Angels Camp Resort Review [Re: McCormicks]
bthorman Offline

Loc: San Francisco Area
Never been for the festival, but there's a grocery store very close (on main highway), as well as several drugstores and restaurants. We really like the resort. All 2 & 3 bedrooms are second and third floor. One bedrooms are 1st floor. Almost all rooms require stairs and there are no elevators. The sales table is quite persistent, we unplug the phone when we get to the room.

#57456 - 01/21/17 10:15 AM Re: Angels Camp Resort Review [Re: PDX_Kathy]
McCormicks Offline

Has anyone been to Angels Camp for the Presidents Weekend Wine Festival.
http://calaveraswines.org/ai1ec_event/presidents-wine-weekend-4/?instance_id=

What can we expect?
How's the resort?
Is there a grocery store near the resort so we can buy our breakfast food?

Thanks
McCormick's
mccrmckt@comcast.net

Edited by McCormicks (01/21/17 10:17 AM)
Edit Reason: forgot to include something

#57077 - 07/23/16 12:24 PM Re: Angels Camp Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
shay Offline

Loc: Idaho
I would highly recommend this resort for any kind of stay whether it be a weekend or week long family reunion.

We just returned from a weeks stay at Angels Camp. The resort itself is very nice, comfortable beds, spacious units (we had three, 3 bedroom units for family reunion), location is very convenient to area attractions, and the resort staff were very helpful. Pools and spas were clean. The grandkids and great grandkids loved them and so did the adults in the party. The other recreation offerings were used as well.

My husband overheard someone say it was out in the middle of nowhere, well that depends on your perspective. If you are from the California coast or the East coast you might think so. We are from Southwest Idaho, we thought it was quite close to civilization.

The only black spot of the whole experience came with check-in. In the reservation emails it says that units are assigned on the morning of check-in in the order they were reserved. From my observations, that is not true, it is "first come, first served" and don't expect your elite standing to affect the way you are treated. The excuses this time were that their linens were not being turned out fast enough and that they were short on house keeping staff. A slow, frustrating check-in puts a damper on everything at least for a day. A nice wine tasting or other way of occupying wait time would be nice when these situations happen.

The sales people did leave the owners pretty much alone, but they jumped on my quests. The sales pitch was not quite as hard core as previously, so good job there.

WorldMark resorts visited: McCall, Arrowpoint, Seaside, Oceanside, Lake of the Ozarks, Running Y, Lake Chelan, Eagle Crest, Surfside Inn, Las Vegas (all three), Reno, St. George, San Francisco, Rancho Vistoso, Pine Top, West Yellowstone, Bear Lake, Depoe Bay, Wolf Creek, Longbeach, San Diego – Mission Valley, New Orleans – Avenue Plaza, Angels Camp

#56798 - 04/08/16 03:37 PM Re: Angels Camp Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
rrsb Offline

My wife and I loved this Resort fantastic a must stay :}

#56419 - 11/09/15 01:24 PM Re: Angels Camp Resort Review [Re: bthorman]
Icc5 Offline

Loc: Cupertino, California
So nice to read this. It is also one of our favorite resorts and part of it has always been how we were treated at check-in. It has always been great here where at two other resorts we actually left early because of being hounded so much.
Thank you for your great news post.
Bart

#56416 - 11/08/15 04:14 PM Re: Angels Camp Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
bthorman Offline

Loc: San Francisco Area
We just got back from a weekend at Angles Camp (one of our favorite places). Unfortunately at both Windsor and Angels Camp in the past they have been very persistent in trying to get you to an owner's update. But the last time we were at either place, we've been very tired by the time we arrived. Each time, I just told them that I was tired and had a headache (also true) and really wanted to get to our room. Each time they were VERY kind, no pressure, just gave me their names and an extension to get hold of them and let me go on my way. What a refreshing change! If I wanted to attend an update, I just had to call. No pressure.

It seems to me that Wyndham may finally be starting to listen to the owners. The WorldMark check in person have, as always, been extremely polite, helpful and so helpful! This time I remembered to request a tea kettle at check-in and we actually met the person delivering it when we pulled outside our room. The lady who checked us in also checked me out. I was pleased to find that she remembered me and asked how we liked the location. I also told her that we did see deer during our stay (which she had said was very possible at that location).

#56102 - 07/06/15 11:12 AM Re: Angels Camp Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
mexic0 Offline

Loc: California
We stay at Angels Camp Resort a lot. We absolutely love it. One thing that I really want owners to know is DO NOT drink and drive. It is a lot of fun to go wine tasting up to Murphy's and the surrounding area, but people get DUI's there all the time. It is very easy to arrange for a cab or rent a limo. The price of a cab or limo is a lot cheaper than a DUI. I personally would rather pay $50 for a cab rather than $3000 or more, DUI classes and loose my license. Think smart DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE. It is a beautiful area.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.