Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Topic Options
#55145 - 09/15/14 11:11 AM Hunt - Stablewood Springs Resort Review
KrisComm Offline

Have you stayed at WorldMark Hunt - Stablewood Springs Resort? Here's your chance to tell other WorldMark owners what it's really like. How big is the pool? How hot is the hot tub? What do you wish you had known before you left home?

#59376 - 07/12/22 08:31 AM Re: Hunt - Stablewood Springs Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
bthorman Offline

Loc: San Francisco Area
We were just there for the July 4th weekend. We were in an accessible room 15-101 and it was very nice. We didn't have much of a view (just the trees behind the building), but the buildings on the other side appeared to have views of the valley and such.

The only issue was that we could hear the people above us walking around at night, till very late.

#57858 - 07/31/17 07:48 PM Re: Hunt - Stablewood Springs Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
CnBGalvez Offline

My husband and I hosted a large family reunion (both of our families from 8 very different states/areas) at Stablewood Springs, TX from 1-8 July 2017 for 34 people ranging in age 2 to 79 in 10 rooms in the new buildings that just opened in Spring 2017. Originally, I had booked 8 Presidential suites, booking on the very first day possible at 13 or 10 months in advance. When I called in mid-May to check on a few things about the rooms and amenities, Robin at the front desk let me know there was an issue with the Presidential rooms I had booked and that I needed to call Owner Care. [Note: I have a significant complaint against Owner Care over this issue but not Stablewood Springs since they were the ones to let me know to take action.] After about 4-6 hours on the phone and internet with Owner Care, I was successfully rebooked into 10 of the new rooms. Based on the fact that I had used the photos posted on the WM website to let our families know how amazing the resort was, I was very nervous because I could not find any photos of the new units. (Please update the photos on the website to show both types of rooms!)
Only one of the other families in our group had ever owned/stayed at a timeshare before so I was trying to explain what to expect. It seemed like every time I called, Robin was the one who answered and she very patiently answered my many, many questions – from exactly what kitchen items were in each room, where the nearest hospital was (in case my dad needed one), to what activities were available in the local area for this large, varied group.
Robin worked to get all of us as close together as possible based on room size, so we had 6 of 10 rooms in one building and 4 in the next building over. We thoroughly used every item in the kitchens as we hosted at least one joint meal each day, prepping in the rooms and then heading to the pool area to use the grill and serve in the large community room, which surprisingly, no one else was using (we made sure to review the activities schedule and not impact any of them.)
Upon our arrival, Robin, Nicque, Kathy, Charlie and Sarah at the Front desk ensured we had everything we needed and questions answered. George, Julie and Elizabeth at the concierge desk welcomed everyone and provided the local information packages. They told our family members about the owner/potentially new owner session but were not pushy and were aware that the focus was on the family reunion. For the activity areas, Laure and Shelby touched base with everyone and assisted us with odd or emergent requests (such as “Yikes, the gas for the grill ran out in the middle of cooking!” Replaced within about 5 mins.)
Whenever we saw any of the staff around the resort, they were very friendly and checked to see if we needed anything including recommendations for local restaurants and directions. George offered and arranged a group dinner reservation at 1011 Bistro which was delicious with an amazing sunset on the river in the background!

The rooms were all very new and well decorated with western/horse themes (which our group loved). We did occasionally notice noise (footsteps) from the upstairs units. We tried to be very aware of our neighbors and tended to congregate in rooms that were surrounded by others in our group.

For activates, we hiked all the trails several times in small and large groups, kept the pool in great use as well as the pool table/ping pong table, grills and kitchens. Various groups ventured into Fredericksburg and the dam you can slide down. We took a few photos at Stonehenge II but that will only take about 30 mins to explore. While we had planned various outings for the group prior to arriving, we found ourselves enjoying just visiting in the rooms, activity center and pool area. It was a truly relaxing resort and perfect spot for our family reunion!

Overall – a huge “Thank you!” to Robin, Nicque, George and Elizabeth and all of the Stablewood Springs staff for keeping track of all of us and helping make this huge reunion a total success!!!

We have previously visited Palm Springs, Indio, Solvang, Sedona, and Inn at the Park (San Diego).

Edited by CnBGalvez (07/31/17 08:01 PM)

#57841 - 07/26/17 07:36 AM Re: Hunt - Stablewood Springs Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
gonana24 Offline

Loc: TX
Monday, July 24th, 2017 I returned from 4 days at Stablewood Springs in Hunt/Ingram TX (The TX Hill Country). The resort is amazingly beautiful with a rustic chic decor. The entire staff was absolutely wonderful, extremely helpful and accommodating. This has to be the friendliest resort staff I've ever encountered at any of the Worldmark Resorts. They asked if we were celebrating anything and provided gift boxes of chocolates to the two birthday girls. Six ladies from my Lifegroup shared the units. I booked two units, a 2 BR Presidential and a 3 BR standard. My friends were very impressed. Warning:
The 2 BR presidential has a large kitchen window at the front of the unit with no blinds so you can see straight into the unit from the street at night. The only drawback (no reflection on the staff) was not being able to sit on the patio or use the patio grill in the 2 BR presidential unit due to wasps nesting in the outdoor ceiling fan. I reported this to them when I checked out. We took our own food and cooked. We hiked the blue trail (Wild Hog) in the morning before breakfast while it was still relatively cool. The pool is amazing and we senior ladies, enjoyed the slide like we were kids again. There are no DVD players in the units, but you can request one and the staff will bring and hook it up. There were a couple of ants in one unit and a cricket in the other. (That's to be expected when you are out in the woods.) Not many people were at the resort so it was pretty quiet. Stargazing is a must as it's very dark and the longer you look, the more stars you see. There is even an area set aside for stargazing. The 6 hour drive to get there was well worth it. The best part ---There wasn't a peep from anyone about attending a presentation or upgrading points. Be sure to check out Wicks Studios in Kerrville for 100% soy candles, essential oils and sprays before you leave town. The couple that owns it are lovely people.

Edited by gonana24 (07/26/17 07:48 AM)

#57787 - 06/30/17 04:18 PM Re: Hunt - Stablewood Springs Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
Gene L Offline

Loc: Alaska
Hello All,
We stayed at Hunt On May 5, 6, 7 ,8, 2017. It is a very nice resort. It has a great pool area. There is an upper pool that is heated. A lower pool that is unheated and has a water slide. and in between there is a hot tub. We had a 3 bedroom special needs unit in the building next to check in. The resort map on the website is not correct. A new check in building has been built and is the first building when driving in it is no longer next to the pool complex. The resort is a resort to go to unplug. It is a 15 min drive from town. It occupies the whole top of a hill. I think the front desk told me it is about 250 acres. Once you enter the property it is a mile and a half drive to the check in desk and the resort buildings. When we were there all the standard units were done and they had started remodeling the existing presidential units that were original to the resort. The only negative thing that happened was the sales staff they were very aggressive and pushy, they try to tell you that they are not sales they are portfolio management to assist owners in getting the best use of their ownership. Sounds great the odd part was it was exactly the same high pressure sales tactic that has been used at most of the resorts. I am no longer going to anything owner again. I am done.

The resort is great the resort staff were very friendly and helpful!

#57203 - 09/13/16 12:05 PM Re: Hunt - Stablewood Springs Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
MartinTX Offline

Loc: Texas, USA
:)We just spent four days at the Stablewood Springs Resort and enjoyed our stay to all extents. 10 units are completed with twice that many in the throngs of completion. When we see fences and work behind, we know what we have is working and expanding. This was our second trip to the site and we were busy enjoying our 50th wedding date in Central Texas. The staff was super as twice they caught us loading or unloading the car and carried a handful from my beloved to the car or up the stairs. Every meeting brought on a delightful meeting. The small unit, bedroom + pull out in living room was clean and well appointed. The washer/dryer/dishwasher were not only nice to have but were used. We ate out most of the time, but chose not to get out at dawn. A delightful family moved in over the weekend and stayed below us. We met them an they with a small family were delighted with their say. We never noticed them until we saw their car.
If you plan on staying a few days, a map and information from the Chamber of Commerce would be good to have. The Convention and visitors bureau provide good points of interest and landmark maps. The Center is on the right as you come into Kerrville from I10. 2108 Sidney Baker Hwy 16. www.KerrvilleTexasCVB.com Pointing out : Museum of Western Art, Post office (if you need one) a number of Performing Arts Centers.. 40 such later in Ingram is Stonehenge II a 2/3 size fully built. Easter Island heads adorn the grounds. Great photo-op. Hunt itself is to small to spend time. Now for the food: Ingram:Fuddruckers seats 250 ON THE RIVER. A semi-formal to formal "Cowboy Steak House 416 Main" M-Sa. 5-10pm they love money.:-) Kerrville is a college town and has in the general area through Ingram in the area of fast food and cafe's . You can get Starbucks, Wings, donuts and taco's with a Subway and Sonic drink with a deli from Schlotzsky's. Get maps and points of interest and plan on a interesting time. AT&T Cell Phones work just fine at the site. Wireless was available. I wished for a hardware connection to plug in my micro-cell-tower but none were present. None needed. Oh - G4 users.

#57074 - 07/22/16 08:30 AM Re: Hunt - Stablewood Springs Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
KKauten Offline

We currently live in TX and have been owners for over 10 yrs. We've been to many different resorts and this is the first time I've ever left a negative review. I'll try to be detailed so other owners can make their own decision. We've been to units in Yosemite, 2 in oregon, 2 in colorado, 1 in TX, 1 in Missouri, 1 in New Mexico, 1 in Mexico, and have loved them all.
We went from M-F in July 2016. It was me and my 3 kids, age 5, 8, 12.

Positive: Amazingly beautiful unit. Each building has 3 units (2 on bottom and one on top) We were in a 1 bedroom, top unit. The kitchen was one of the nicest I've ever seen. The appliances were top of the line and huge. The bedroom was big and the bed very soft and comfy. The pull out sleeper was very comfortable too. The bathroom was big and a very nice shower. The deck had a nice view. It faced away from the wind so it was nice.
The pool was beautiful. It has a nice slide and the kids spent hours sliding. It has a large/lap type pool, a huge hot tub, and a very large pool for playing and family time. The amenity center is huge with games and space to spread out and feel you have privacy.
This is the perfect place to go for a honeymoon where you want to relax and stay in your unit and be by the pool and do nothing. If you are a writer, or painter I could see this as the perfect place to go. Its quiet and the scenery is pretty has a high-desert look.
Stop at the walmart/HEB in Kerville and stock up on groceries. It about a 15-20 min drive from the resort.
The people at the resort are very nice.

Negative:
We love to do everything. Shop, hike, eat, swim, see museums, plays, animals, and basically do all sorts of stuff. It takes very little to keep us entertained. But there is totally NOTHING to do.
I asked about shopping and was directed to a place with 2 antique stores. I asked about river access and was directed to a place where noone would feel safe letting their kids in the water because its deep and murky. There is access to the river shallows directly across the main highway and we walked down there. But there is some sort of biting water bug and we had to leave within 5 minutes with big welts.
There is no place to go shopping or see the area sites. I was directed to a park with just a bit of play equipment. I was told Fredricksberg is the closest place with things to do, but that is an hour drive one way.

The hardwood floors are beautiful, but there is no soundproofing. Our downstairs neighbors asked us to please tiptoe because we were too loud. When they watch TV, we could hear every word upstairs.
The BBQ is only on the patio of downstairs units, not upstairs.
There is NO DVD player and only very basic cable.
Ants invaded our unit the first day and I as told we could have the unit sprayed inside. But my kids are allergic to bug spray and I would have to clean every surface afterwards, so I declined. As a result we had ants in every part of the unit. They told me the ants look for water and food so don't turn on water or leave any food out. So we just kept wiping them off off the table/counters.

There is NO cell reception. I was able to make a few phone calls and get a few texts, but no internet access unless you pay for their wifi. I watched my phone cycle in 1 minute between 4g, 3g, E and NO Service. There is no cell reception when you get close to the resort so make sure you have the directions printed off. Its not hard to find the resort, but don't rely on your cell maps once you are past Kerrville.

There are currently 10 buildings with 3 units each (aprox 30 units). They are building 60+ more units that will open this year and next. I was shocked! Only 4 buildings had people in them during our visit. Who will use these new units? It seems like a big waste of money. The current units are Presidential, the new units will be more basic. Plus, the only trail access is in the construction area, so we were not allowed to use any of the trails.

There are some really pretty waterfalls and ponds on the drive up to the property. One has a ladder, so we assumed we could play in the water. But as we got near the water we saw several water snakes, so we didn't go in.

Overall, our vacation wasn't a relaxing one. We constantly fought the ants, had to be super quiet, had to listen to the TV downstairs and had nothing to do. I'm sad to say we will not be going back.

But, if someone is a writer or painter or on a honeymoon and all you want to do is stay in your unit and have peace and quiet this place is perfect.

#56780 - 03/25/16 05:24 PM Re: Hunt - Stablewood Springs Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
pottsd Offline

Loc: USA, Texas
Well, we've been here since February 21st, 2016. We are checking out on April 3rd. My earlier posting still stays the same but I would like to thank the staff. Jim,for you putting up with us while our home was parked on the premises. You went beyond our expectations of the resort here. Sarah, you always provided us with what we needed in order to make our stay here enjoyable. Rene, your greeting me with a smile and calling me Mrs. Potts, every time I entered the office, made me feel at home and welcomed each time I stopped by. Stacy, for the phone calls when my packages came in and aaking if I needed anything. Aida, for helping and assisting our needs as much as possible. And last but not least, the cleaning staff, for correcting what was needed and delivering the cooking utensils needed in order for me to cook and bake meals for my family. Everybidy did a great job. We will be back! Thank you so much from my family to the resort family. God bless.

Edited by pottsd (03/25/16 05:25 PM)

#56704 - 02/22/16 10:43 AM Re: Hunt - Stablewood Springs Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
pottsd Offline

Loc: USA, Texas
[size:11pt][/size]We are Full Time RVers. We live and travel in our RV full time. This was our first time here and we loved it. I did not meet one staff member who was not friendly and went out their way to make us feel at home. We reserved a one bedroom presidential suite for 17 days but added an additional 18 days due to the lovely views of this Resort and the friendly staff. They even provided space for our home to be near us.

People often ask why we stay in timeshares when we live and travel in our RV full time. We tell them that this is just another way of enjoying our RV lifestyle and being retired.

#56458 - 11/24/15 11:14 AM Re: Hunt - Stablewood Springs Resort Review [Re: yoadrian]
rambi Offline

I am disappoint to see you had a great time. Your reservation was close to the same window as mine but my reservation was cancelled by Worldmark with the excuse that it was flooded. Please tell me if you there were more owners at the resort and did you see any flood damage?

Their last minute call that they are cancelling me my reservation ruined our plans for July 4th weekend.

#56441 - 11/16/15 10:45 AM Re: Hunt - Stablewood Springs Resort Review [Re: yoadrian]
rambi Offline

Very disappoint to see you were able to stay during the window I had a vacation scheduled but I received a call last minute from Worldmark and that it was flooded and they canceled my vacation.

#56117 - 07/09/15 02:19 PM Re: Hunt - Stablewood Springs Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
yoadrian Offline

We stayed here from July 3 - July 10, 2015. I'm surprised that the location wasn't busier! Nice for us! We reserved a 3 bedroom unit for 4 adults and 4 little girls 8 and under. Beautiful unit and the bedrooms are separated giving much privacy. Two masters with one on the second level. The girls stayed in the bedroom with the bunk beds perfect for them. We choose to cook meals ourselves and only ate out once in Fredericksburg - we ate at Burger Burger. We also visited the Pioneer Museum. The highlight was watching the Kerrville fireworks - awesome! There was live music and fun for the kids. Music and fireworks were free. Another highlight is sliding down the dam just before Ingram. At Stablewood Springs the pools were great. The bigger pool did have an algae issue, but not to the point of not using the pool. There is a game room near the pool that is very nice along with an outdoor fire pit. The shower in one of the bedrooms broke and couldn't be fixed during our stay, but we just used another shower. I loved the patios to our unit - one off the dinning room, living area and master bedroom - all connected. The patio has a built in grill and double sided fireplace. There are hiking trails on the property. This is a great place to go for a relaxing vacation. Like the other reviewer, recommend stopping for groceries before heading to the resort - in Kerrville there is Walmart and HEB - I liked HEB better. As you enter the property there is a private home and they have some very friendly horses and donkeys. If you stop the donkeys will come to the fence - suggest taking carrots! They love them. Previous locations I've visited - Orlando, Tucson, Oceanside, Solvang, Windsor, Kihei, Estes Park and New Braunfels. I don't know which I've enjoyed the best, but Stablewood Springs is close to the top.

#55795 - 04/13/15 05:19 PM Re: Hunt - Stablewood Springs Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
Wilkies Offline

We stayed in the Presidential Studio over Easter weekend. It is almost between Ingram Texas and Hunt Texas. First thing to know is the Hunt Store (and town) is very small with a very limited grocery inventory, and the Resort is a couple of miles off the main road. It is a beautiful drive up to the check in, but my advise is get your groceries at the Walmart in Ingram before checking in, as it is a ways to go back afterwards and unless all you need is bread or milk, forget the Hunt Store. The buildings are very nice although I think they may be going for a Rustic Decor. The walls are kind of a Lathe and Plaster with small gauges and imperfections throughout. The Studio was plenty big enough for my wife and I with a decent sized kitchen, bath with large shower and deep soaker tub, and a Murphy bed in the living area. The studio is above the 2 bedroom units with a 3 bedroom unit next to it. (total 3 units per building, 1 Studio, 1 2-bed, 1 3-bed). Small things still need attention to make it great though. There are 2 pools and 1 large hot tub in the main area. The upper pool is heated and worked great. The hot tub is kind of L-shaped and big enough for 12-15 people I am guessing. Only 1/2 of the blowers worked on the hot tube so one side worked and the other just stayed hot. The lower pool is not heated and was not open yet. It has a nice 6-8 foot water slide type tube, though. The only other problem we noted was the Murphy Bed has built in touch lighting on it, but was bolted down so that every time you closed the bed it pushed the plug out of the socket. I was nice and purchased a flush mount extension so this did not happen. Also if you don't know the small metal disk was the touch switch, no light at all. I will post pictures on the forum.

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.