Who's Online
0 registered (), 34 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Topic Options
#3426 - 03/09/04 09:30 PM Leavenworth Resort Review
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Have you stayed at Leavenworth? Here's your chance to tell other owners what it's really like. How big is the pool? How hot is the hot tub? What do you wish you had known before you left home?

#59095 - 07/17/20 08:46 AM Re: Leavenworth Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
pengraman Offline

We have stayed at WM Leavenworth twice, and are returning next year. It is one of our favorite places. The resort is great, staff have always been professional and such a great location. Leavenworth is such a wonderful city, with the downtown within a short walk of the resort. Brew Pubs, Eateries, Shops and a really wonderful atmosphere. We have always enjoyed our stays and know our next will be equally memorable. Cheers!

#58178 - 03/02/18 05:12 PM Re: Leavenworth Resort Review [Re: BarbaraPike]
poorman Offline

Is there a way to trade a 2 bedroom in Victoria, B.C. for a week in October at Leavenworth for Octoberfest? Been to Leavenworth several times. Great eating and weekend entertainment during Octoberfest. Week is 26 August to 2 Sep. We spent our 50 Wedding anniversary there 1.5 years ago with 2 other couples (in the one 3 bedroom unit".

Edited by poorman (03/02/18 05:33 PM)

#57992 - 11/01/17 09:36 AM Re: Leavenworth Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
BarbaraPike Offline

Hi, first time to Leavenworth. Beautiful town! The resort was beautiful, just a walk to the center of town.
My husband and I came here for an early anniversary (a majority of the condos we wanted in Oregon were booked months out) so we weren't sure what to expect. We stayed in building B, room 8 (upstairs) The resort was easy to find, the greeting we received when we arrived was warm and inviting (the ladies that night were awesome and very helpful about the local restaurants and bars). They let us know the rooms had been newly renovated and wanted our opinion on them. Very nice (only complaint is the cheap quality to the wrap around/back splash of the bathtub), liked that the counter tops were now granite, and appreciated the Leavenworth decor. The view outside the sliding glass door was great (mornings and evenings)and we even saw quail roving around the grass by the bushes near our deck. I think the only thing I would suggest (besides better quality bathtub back splash) would be soap dishes (for bathrooms and kitchen), a towel hook in the bathrooms for wet towels (one towel bar doesn't do it), a cookie sheet, and bigger (or more) salt & pepper shakers (the tiny one doesn't do it and we never use all the S&P we buy), but over all it was wonderful.
Fall is a beautiful time to be here. Loved the fireplace. Great to have a BBQ and washer & dryer in the room/deck. The beds were comfortable. Oh, and they have plug in and USB ports on each end table! Truly great idea! TV stand on wall is flexible so everyone can see what's on. Dedicated parking spot. Over all, I'd come back if I can get another reservation. Loved how it is so close to town. If it's great here during autumn I can only imagine what it is like during winter.
Oh, and there is a little grocery store named Dan's. It's owned by a father/son and the son brought our groceries to our truck. As he put it, keeping old fashion qualities and traditions. Andreas Keller was good food (very pricey, but yummy), and you must go to Cured for fresh cheeses and cured meats. Counter people were friendly and helpful. Tons of stuff to do at night.
One thing we did not like was the sales pitch we sat though. It was labeled by the guy hosting it as an owner workshop, but when the presentation was done, the rep (Pascal, or something like that. Stay away from him) we sat with only wanted to sale us more credits. It was irritating. My husband was frustrated and wanted answers to his questions (he can be a bit overbearing at times but the rep only kept going back to buying more credits). We finally decided we were done, but before the rep got up to get our 'prize' he replied to my husband, and I quote: "If you'd stop complaining and listen you might learn something." At that point I was done because 1. He insulted my husband and 2. He wasn't answering my husband's questions, only to try to explain why buying more credits was better for us. There was no reason for rudeness and being insulting. Understanding and deflecting customer frustration should be part of his training. One of the ladies from the check-in center came and apologized (she was one of the awesome women for our check-in the first night) for the experience. My husband and I both agreed we'd never do the 'owner workshop' again. This is the second time we had been insulted at an 'owner's workshop'. The only 'owner's workshop' that actually was informational was the one in Kihei, HI. The presenter was wonderful and actually taught me how to use the credits I had, how to use Wyndham and RCI, there was no sales pressure, and we actually decided to buy more credits at the time to put us up to Silver because no one tried to push us into it.

Pros: Awesome views, close to downtown Leavenworth, wonderful check-in ladies/hosts
Cons: sales rep (Pascal), hard to get a reservation at Leavenworth.

Been a member since 1995. Places we've stayed: Kihei*, Solvang, Angel's Camp*, Anaheim*, Big Bear*, Oceanside*, Mission Valley, Eagle Crest*, Seaside, Running Y*, Discovery Bay*, Lake Chelan, Depoe Bay*, Glen Eden, Schooner Landing, Suferside Inn, Otter Crest, and now Leavenworth*

(*Loved)

Edited by BarbaraPike (11/01/17 09:46 AM)

#57570 - 03/14/17 08:08 PM Re: Leavenworth Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
rijaka Offline

Loc: Washington
I went to Leavenworth in mid-January on weekdays for a quiet 5 day retreat away from home with a friend. We enjoyed our rooms tremendously as we each had our own and our own bathroom. The condo was spacious and newly decorated. We looked out onto a field of snow and spent hours watching the snow fall from the warmth of our living area. The fireplace added a lot of warmth and beauty. The middle of January was a great time to go as the Christmas Lighting was still up. The Ice Festival was just over when we got there, so we viewed the ice sculptures that were left behind. It was really quiet and we got to talk to many of the shops' employees. We attempted to clear their shelves of sale items but fell short, nevertheless were able to bring home some great treasures. If you want a quiet retreat away from home for some time, I recommend the off season in Leavenworth. The same great restaurants cater to you and the shops are not crowded. We even at outside at München Haus at a fireplace table. The resort is walking distance to town if you're able to walk more than a mile. We walked through the snow on the trail that leads from downtown to near the resort. It was beautiful!
RanchoVistoso,AZ;Oceanside,CA;Arrowhead,ID;RunningY,OR; DepotBay,OR;Windsor,CA;LakeChelan WA;Leavenworth,WA; Camlin,WA;Bend,OR;Blaine,WA;Gleneden,OR;Banff,Canada;New Braunfels,TX;Wyndham Alexandria,VA

#57151 - 08/18/16 03:30 PM Re: Leavenworth Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
beverlyp9 Offline

Loc: Washington
7 days/nights in July in an upstairs unit in Building C, which is 3 buildings from the upper pool and check-in. There is one dedicated parking spot for each unit which is nice so you can park right in front of your unit and don’t have to hunt for a parking place like at other properties. About half of the parking is shaded. Upper pool is very, very small and crowded with kids. Didn't visit the other.

Units are spacious and nicely updated and comfortable. Everything in working order except one-way bulbs in three-way lamps which means it is sometimes difficult to read in the evening. A/C will only go down to 70 degrees, but they did bring us a large fan upon request.

Beds, as usual for WorldMark properties, are more firm that what we prefer. Surprised that they were only queen-size. Twins in the second.

Cons: no elevator to second floor; AC cannot be turned lower than 70 degrees; water pressure extremely low (can’t get suds by water pressure alone from faucet when hand washing dishes.)

Pros: nice gas BBQ on balcony and table/chairs overlooking city ballpark. Quiet; perfect place to get peaceful R&R. Miniature golf nearby and reasonably priced.

Shopping within one mile or so, with limited free street parking and low-priced all day parking lots. Lots of restaurants and trinket shopping.

Staff were wonderful and very, very pleasant. Will definitely visit again!

Las Vegas Blvd (NV); Camlin (WA); San Francisco (CA); Gleneden Beach (OR); Depoe Bay (OR); Seaside (OR); Long Beach (WA); Schooner Landing (OR); Mission Valley (CA); Lake Tahoe (NV); Grand Dessert (NV); Kingsgate (VA); Victoria (BC)

#57030 - 07/12/16 07:00 PM Re: Leavenworth Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
traveling4fun Offline

Loc: Tacoma, Wa, USA
We love going to Leavenworth. I have always loved the rooms,although I am usually puzzled by the layout of the TV and bed in the master, no big deal. Just love walking around in Christmas time, and my family and exchange students had a great time with the horse snow sledding, and we like sledding on the little hills right outside your door.
Even though Thanksgiving is usually wet, we still love it.

I also love the summertime here. White water rafting is a great.

PS don't forget to check WM4M for credits and vacations that people either need or are trading/renting.

#56894 - 05/16/16 10:19 AM Re: Leavenworth Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
Joanna_C Offline

Just got back from a week in Leavenworth. We *loved* it. Another owner had said before our trip, "I think that's one of the older properties." Well, perhaps they've recently updated because the units were great with appliances & amenities as nice as any we've seen. I was mildly concerned about the queen bed since we're used to a king at home, but we slept better than any night at home! We loved our unit - we were tucked away on an end and enjoyed the quiet & privacy. I visited the pool (on the back side - not by the check-in) and it was much noisier with a lot less privacy on your balcony/patio. May work great for families with kids, but we liked our quite corner. The backside pool & spa are good sized, especially the spa.

The staff were all very friendly. They were curious how we found them since they are a smaller property (and seem a little self-conscious of it, but not in a bad way and if anything, it seems to encourage them to make up for it in being even more friendly and helpful). Truth is, I saw photos in the online magazine and thought it was a cute town in a beautiful location. We had planned on going for Maifest but it was booked up that week. I think going the week before was our ideal, as it turns out -- less crowded and we got to see everything on Friday, checking out before the bigger crowds on Saturday/Sunday.

While a tourist town, Leavenworth does it as well as any and is very cute without too much schtick. The surrounding area is gorgeous with a wide range of hikes, drivers, river activity, etc. This was a wonderful, relaxing getaway. I really recommend this resort.

#56682 - 02/15/16 03:37 PM Re: Leavenworth Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
cllarsen451 Offline

We spent a week in Leavenworth in December, 2014, so we could be there during their Christmas Lighting ceremony. We had a great time while there. Went to the playhouse and saw It's a Wonderful Life, joined in for the Ugly Christmas Sweater day and ended up in their parade! Photo-bombed Mr. & Mrs. Claus, got a hug from the Grinch, and got dusted by a bunch of angels. As for food - loved the weinerschniztel at the Bavarian Bistro and Bar, and got some fantatic bratwurst from Cured.

The resort was very comfortable, our unit was great, and we enjoyed ourselves very much. We'd like to go back again someday . . . maybe for Oktoberfest!

#55503 - 01/13/15 09:13 AM Re: Leavenworth Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
thepru Offline

No reviews on here for years now?? well guess I will have to do an update. I reserved 3 rooms for a family gathering from fri-mon. After asking if we all could get into one building, they were able to make it happen. That made is so much easier since all families had kids. Leavenworth is a great small place to get away. There was snow so the kids were able to go sledding and had a blast. Lots of places to eat, We ate at South which was great food and decent price, recommend to go. Pavz cafe was pretty good food especially if you like crepes. last place we tried was Gustav's beer garden & grill, food ok price was too much. For 10$ you get a small burger and thats it, no fries or extras. I would say skip Gustav's and try else where. Watched the Seahawks game vs Panthers at the Post Office which is a pretty cool place to have a few drinks and socialize. Parking downtown SUCKS!!!... very few spaces and lots of cars fighting for it. For $7.50 I paid for all day parking instead of fighting for a curb side spot. Paid spots did fill up fast around noon so if you do go morning and park.
As for the resort:

Pros: close to main drag, I walked back from the Post Office after the game and was only about 15 min walk.
hot tubs and out door pool were open and even in snow pool was not ice cold
staff was friendly
able to all get into one building (each building has four rental spaces)
full kitchen
parking was plenty and besides designated parking per room, there were some first come first serve spots for extra cars

Cons: furniture looked old
Carpet looked very old and should get replaced
If you have top room and family has the other neighboring room you cant just walk across to access the room. There is a wall dividing it which I have never seen before. You have to walk down stairs and back up next set of stairs to get to the neighboring room. ( basically a "U" shape) That was super annoying constantly doing that.

I would stay again IF going to Leavenworth but the place was not a favorite, stayed in better places and worse.

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.