Who's Online
0 registered (), 34 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Topic Options
#3803 - 03/10/04 08:37 PM Victoria Resort Review
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Have you stayed at Victoria? Here's your chance to tell other owners what it's really like. How big is the pool? How hot is the hot tub? What do you wish you had known before you left home?

#57365 - 12/06/16 09:24 AM Re: Victoria Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
Pamelake Offline

Can someone tell me about the 2 bedrooms? Which ones have the best views? How do I book to assure a good view? I have stayed at the resort in the past and had adequate veiws from the side, but I know some sit right on the bay... and of those there are some that have the rooftops of the lower units in the way. Any advice? Thanks! Pam

#57214 - 09/20/16 04:49 PM Re: Victoria Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
fairway9 Offline

Loc: Oregon, USA
My boyfriend and I spent a week in Victoria starting August 8. I've stayed at the resort 4 times starting when it had just opened in 2003. Victoria is a favorite of mine. The room views are amazing. We had a penthouse on the second floor. The view was still great. I love all of the water activity -- kayaks, ferries, water taxis, yachts, fishing boats and float planes. There's a reason Victoria people look fit and happy. They walk everywhere. The city is set up to do that. We love the water taxis. The captains are knowledgeable, the fare is low, and things just look different from the water. Catch the water taxi at the Coast Hotel next door and go across the harbor to Spinnakers brew pub for a lunch or dinner on the deck. We ate out quite a bit. Il Terrazzo is a good but busy Italian restaurant in an alley downtown. They do take reservations. The food and service was excellent. The Canoe brewery and pub has a nice deck close to the water. We liked our food and server. The place looks great, too. Nautical Nellies, The Swan and the Blue Crab are good. Our best meal was at the Point-No Point resort about a 30ish mile drive from the resort. It's on a bluff overlooking the ocean beach. There was a wedding happening there. The food was perfectly prepared with subtle flavors. The menu is small and has a French flair. It didn't seem expensive. One negative about the resort is that the hot tub ran lots during the night and was right outside the window. We asked if it could be set to run at a different time and were told it couldn't. We finally figured out how to turn it off and turned it back on in the morning. The staff was fine and did their jobs. They weren't overly helpful or sharing, but like most people we could figure things out. There is good reference material in the lobby. The fitness room machines were high quality and worked well. We'll be back.
WM resorts visited: Whistler, Vancouver, Victoria, Birch Bay, Seattle, Deer Harbor, Discovery Bay, Ocean Shores, Long Beach, Leavenworth, Coeur d'Alene, Gleneden Beach, Seaside, Depoe Bay, Newport, Eaglecrest, Seventh Mountain, Klamath Falls, Clear Lake, Pismo Beach, Windsor, Big Bear, Palm Springs, Oceanside, Rosarito Beach, Cabo, Kapaa Kauai, Reno, South Lake Tahoe, Las Vegas, Rancho Vistosa, Santa Fe, Taos, Lake of the Ozarks, and Branson.

#57171 - 08/25/16 08:53 PM Re: Victoria Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
meyer616 Offline

Loc: Vancouver, WA
We just returned from our first visit to Victoria and had an absolute wonderful time! We were there from Aug. 11 - 18, 2016. The weather was perfect, we were up on the 4th floor with a view of Fisherman's Warf & the Harbor....with the ability to watch the sunset every night (which we took full advantage of!). That was spectacular! We did some of the touristy things around town (Walked through the Empress, toured the Government Building, Royal BC Museum, rode around town on Big Bus, walked the trail along the waterfront, etc.) We walked all over as much as possible, really only using our car to find the grocery store the first day and driving to Buchart Gardens & Hatley Castle. Otherwise, we walked everywhere. It wasn't too far and I did pretty well overall (I have 2 bad knees!). The unit was very clean and the perfect size for us (it was just my husband and I). I made breakfast every morning and we had some dinners at 'home' in the evenings (taking advantage of the BBQ whenever possible). We ate out a few times....I think the best meals we had were closest to the resort. The Blue Crab Restaurant (the building next door) had wonderful seafood dishes and Il Covo across the street from the resort had the most amazing Italian food. From the very first bite, it was just wonderful!! We did go to Canoe Brewing and ate on the waterfront patio. I wasn't that impressed with the food, but the scenery was great! We had High Tea at Butchart Gardens...which was nice and less expensive than the Empress. There are several other places in town that has High Tea or Afternoon Tea....and I bet is cheaper than the Empress.

All in all, we had a great time (even taking an entire day to just relax, read magazines, play games and take naps. If there is one thing that is a slight negative....and it's very slight (to me)...it's the 'Marco Polo' game in the pool. You know what though? The kids are on vacation too...and they should be able to have fun. If that's bothersome to you...it's easy enough to go explore. Just my 2 cents. Although this was high season...Victoria really isn't overrun with too many tourists (though there were some around). I bet no matter what time of the year you go, it will be awesome!

#56950 - 05/31/16 10:56 AM Re: Victoria Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
cjneil1 Offline

We just returned from a Memorial Day weekend trip, our first stay in Victoria. The location was great. We took the Clipper up and back and this is about a 5 minute walk from the dock. The room was smaller than many of the worldmarks but it suited us just fine. We walked the appx 6 blocks to the Thriftway and the Liquor store for provisions. WEalked all around and to dinner at Il Terrazzo which is just about 1 1/3 miles away. Divine dinner, highly recommend. We had dinner reservations for the next two nights but unfortunately I started gettting ill. We stayed in night #2 and went home the next morning, as I was going downhill fast. Turns out I had strep throat, which I hadn't had in 30 years. We will definitely be back and hopefullly SOON. I was not ready to cut our weekend short! THE Best thin

#56683 - 02/15/16 03:45 PM Re: Victoria Resort Review [Re: lindaj]
cllarsen451 Offline

Thank you so much for responding! I appreciate the feedback!

#56671 - 02/15/16 08:09 AM Re: Victoria Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
lindaj Offline

We were here in January, not busy and very nice. Unfortunately, the pool was closed until summer, which is too bad. It is right on the bay, pretty view from the pool.
The location is awesome! Next time, instead of driving (expensive to get your car there), we will take the ferry from Seattle, which sets you down two blocks from the resort. The resort is easily walkable to town - grocery store around the corner, a bigger one slightly farther away. Walkable to the Empress for those beautiful photos.
Very nice.

#56670 - 02/15/16 08:05 AM Re: Victoria Resort Review [Re: cllarsen451]
lindaj Offline

We have twice stayed in the only (yes, only one) three bedroom over MLK's birthday weekend, with our adult children. The kitchen is small, you can't have the dishwasher open and get around it, but the unit is great. It is on the ground floor, easy to get in and out! It is a king bed, queen bed, and twins, plus a murphy bed. It works great for us. Large dining room table for all of us.
There is a gas fireplace by the window in the front room part, and you can see the harbor.
I would recommend it, if you need the space. We have stayed there twice due to the children loving it!

#56669 - 02/15/16 08:02 AM Re: Victoria Resort Review [Re: anjifs]
lindaj Offline

We have a large pickup and canopy, so the staff had us park in the area right in front of the lobby. Since we had the three bedroom, which is right there on the ground floor, it worked out perfectly for us.

#56306 - 09/23/15 10:49 PM Re: Victoria Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
JRPaulsen Offline

Loc: Oregon
We stayed in Victoria in late August of this year and just had the best time! We were happy with the interior and furnishings. Reserved 13 months in advance. Great location - we walked everywhere or took the water taxis. Not the roomiest but still very nice and had everything we needed. In reading through these posts, we were prepared for the noise of the harbor planes and ferry that started around 7:30-8:00am and brought our earplugs. smile We were in a 2 bed penthouse and the view was amazing. While it was only 68 degrees most days it was sunny and warm near the water, and being on the top floor our unit was pretty warm by the afternoon. We opened the doors and windows so the breeze could come through or turned on a fan and that did the trick. The hot tub on the deck could have used a little sprucing up on the outside but the interior was just fine. Someone came in to service it each of the first few days we were there - I'm not sure if that means the previous guests left it a mess or what, since I've never had that happen before!

The only real issue we had was with the Wi-Fi...it just dropped my device after a couple of days and then would not recognize it at all. The staff didn't seem surprised and told me I should call ResortNet and see what they could do to help. I did that and long story short, they had to get some kind of device number from my phone and work on something overnight, after another phone call it was back up the next day and continued to work just fine.

I did start to notice a lot of fumes from the planes and all the busses and service trucks that come near the resort constantly, when we had the doors open. It was so beautiful that we were gone most of the day so it wasn't a huge issue.

I would recommend taking one of the hop-on, hop-off bus tours (the ones that are stationed in front of The Empress) first thing to get a bearing on where everything is and then make your plans for the rest of the week, for a first visit. We winged it and could have planned a little better if we'd done the bus first.

I would also recommend getting your ferry rides at least a week in advance in the summer, weekends especially. The time we wanted for our return trip got sold out so we had to take the 6:00am ferry and be there an hour early to get a decent spot in line, instead of having a lazy morning and afternoon there. Live and learn!

We did find things to be a bit spendy, but it is a tourist spot so to be expected. We had such a great experience at this resort that we can't wait to go back! Wish I could figure out how to post some pictures. :-) JR

Running Y Ranch, Angels Camp, Oceanside, Eagle Crest, Depoe Bay, Clear Lake, Reno, Seaside, Schooner Landing, Indio, Kihei, South Shore Lake Tahoe, Tahoe III

#55924 - 05/19/15 11:01 PM Re: Victoria Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
anjifs Offline

Hello. I saw on the Victoria WM site it says the parking in underground and the height clearance is 6'6". We have an SUV which is taller than that. Does anyone know what to do about parking if my car is to big???

#55720 - 03/18/15 10:04 AM Re: Victoria Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
cllarsen451 Offline

I'm curious about the 3 bedroom unit at Victoria. We've stayed there twice before, in 2 bdrm units, but this time around we need something bigger. It looks like there is one, yes only one, 3 bedroom unit. Has anyone stayed in it? What was your opinion - good or bad? What is the view like? How noisy is it, etc. Anything will help me decide if it's worth trying to nab this one.

And I have to ask . . . why only 1 3-bdrm unit?

Thank you!

#54876 - 07/01/14 02:04 PM Re: Victoria Resort Review [Re: ]
Schlenz Offline

June 21 - 28, 2014 Room 3111 looking over Fisherman's Warf - Good Views - Great Blue Herron's, Canada geese & Seals. Tourist industry thriving in Victoria! Whale watching, Kayaks, inner harbor taxis, bus tours (some open air double decker’s), Hippo bus that goes on land & water, float plane tours, Horse carriage tours around Parliament building area, Large cruise line boats that dock for refurbishing each day (about 8 hour stops) with many passengers.....

The float planes start up around 7 am and end around the same hour at night - noisy but you start to get used to it.

Units do not have air conditioning, but we set the front door ajar and opened the sliding glass doors and the air flowed well to keep a good temperature in the unit. Temps ranged from mid-50's to 80 degrees during our stay. Ice maker in fridge barely could keep up with our usage - no ice making unit on site for a backup. Units are smaller than other World Mark establishments, but we managed just fine. Furniture is not friendly to sit on for long (couch) - stiff and not comfortable. Laptop Computer logged into wireless system with good band width - no issues! Spouse with phone - also no issues.

We walked downtown a couple times and visited the Parliament building and ate dinner a couple times at the Old Spaghetti Factory. Had lunch at Barb's on the Warf and watched folks feed the seals (up close and personal).

We had a car with us and parking under the facility with elevator worked very well. We came up from Anacortes, WA to Sydney on the Ferry. About 1/2 hour drive from Sydney to World Mark in Victoria. Ferry with two people and car $82.50 one way.

We enjoyed just relaxing and taking in a few sight seeing adventure (Butchat Gardens, Butterfly Gardens etc.) Staff nice to work with and no issues at all!

#50453 - 07/14/13 05:08 PM Re: Victoria Resort Review [Re: ]
Kuleana Offline

Visited Victoria the first seven days of July. Watched spectacular Canada Day fireworks from our two bedroom Penthouse. Although most posts here are positive, I was a bit apprehensive because of the negative posts. Not to worry. The waterfront setting is gorgeous. Our unit was clean with good furniture, nice wall hangings, tile counters, lots of windows, and felt very good. Although the units are smaller than other WM resorts, and the furniture a bit crowded, it is comfortable. With all of Victoria to explore, we did not spend much time in the room anyway. WM staff were mostly friendly and helpful. My greatest concern is with the wi-fi, which was a joke. The signal was weak half the time, and non-existent the other half. Definitely not worth $5 per day, or $16 for ten days. Nevertheless, this does not dampen my enthusiasm for Victoria.

We are in our mid-sixties, and had no problem walking about a mile to, and around downtown for shopping, BC Museum, Empress Hotel, Parliament Buildings, restaurants, and on-and-on. It is more enjoyable to see most of Victoria on foot than by car. If you do not want to walk that far, catch the cute harbor taxi next door at Fisherman's Wharf. We used the hop-on hop-off Big Bus our first day to get our bearings, another day took public transportation to Butchart Gardens, and anther day caught a shuttle to the zip line. The Tourist Info center downtown offers exceptional help with everything from local currency questions to transportation, activities, and attractions. Victoria has a lot to offer, with prices in line with other tourist destinations.

We ate at Barb's three times, because it lived up to its reputation. Also, we loved Le Petit Dakar, and The Sticky Wicket. The Blue Crab has a nice waterfront location, good service, and good food. Their prices are in line with any nice restaurant. They post their menus and prices online.

For us, Victoria ranks with the best WM resorts. I suppose it all depends on what you are looking for. I am only sorry it took us this long to visit.

#50431 - 07/10/13 06:16 PM Re: Victoria Resort Review [Re: ]
M&L Offline

We are here now. Total enjoying it. watching sea planes take off and land. the sunsets, went to the gardens, afternoon tea and walking the town. The only problem is the pool crew repairing the pool. They started at 6:55 am this morning. I thought we had a quiet time from 10:00pm to 8:00am. I called the front desk and they stopped grinding.But still worked around the pool talking very very loud. Tonight they worked till 6:35pm. the pool next door that we can use is in the shade all day. Even though we are having a good time sure would be nice if we could use our room more and not hang out in coffee shops.

#50168 - 05/21/13 10:05 AM Re: Victoria Resort Review [Re: ]
Ken Young Offline

Loc: Sequim, Washingtgon
Visited Victoria May 13 thru 16th. I am very disapointed in the resort. The Penthouse is extreemly small as the seating just barley sits 4 people. The 2nd bath was OK but the master bath was extreemly small. Both Rooms were smaller than one would expect for a Penthouse. The only thing the Penthouse has is a view which is somewhat blocked by the murphy bed and Fireplace. Both should be removed as the view is what one would want more than the murphy bed that when used takes most of the living area and one has to move furniture around to use it. Victoria has no Air Conditioning son we need to keep the windows open all night. Speaking of windows, the 2nd room had none, just a glass block area allowing light to come into the room and a ceiling fan there for air movement. Kitchen was Ok nothing to write home about. I stayed here with my wife and another couple. We all a few weeks earlier visited the Arrow Point Resort which was an outstanding 2 bedroom unit. Compared to the 2 bedroom Penthouse unit in Victoria the Arrow Point unit was a 10 and the Victoria unit was a 3.
Now on to how we were treated by the staff.
The staff in my opinion should all be fired! Very unfrendly and in my opinion could care less in giving you any information unless you pried it out of them. Seem like none of them could tell us much about the area. We asked about the bus schedules and were given a book and asked to return it as it was there only one. NO help in going thru it no help in asking where we wanted to go and pretty much no help at all.
We all found the area to be very overpriced in most everything, Food, Gifts, Grocery's, Gas, Etc. Be prepared to spend more than you might expect. The Saff and any one else we asked about where to have dinner pushed us towared the Blue Crap Resturant which is right next door. An Extreemly expensive place to eat. A better place with a better price we found out was Barb's right next door too. We ate there twice and did like it.
Should be noted that there is a grocery two blocks away but we were told to go to to another store about 12 or so blcoks away for groceries. Since we were walking everywhere a suggestion of the closer store would have be more convenient but none the lesss the Staff never told us of this store, not sure if they even knew it existed?
To sum up I will most lkikey never go back to Victoria again, unless I find out the entire staff have been changed and the rooms have been reconfigured. To say I am completely disapointed is not saying enough. I am a long time since 1994 member but this is the worst resort I have stayed at and the Staff just made it worse.
Since we all pay member ship fees and Housekeeping fees one would expect much more than what we found here. Do Yourself a favor and if you visit Victoria, Stay Somewhere downtown in one of the Hotels, spend the extra money and enjoy your stay. Oh by the way we did finlly rent a vehicle the last day as we just couldn't walk anymore, the Resort is on the Far West side of town about 8 or so blocks from Downtown and the Ferry Dock.
Sorry to give such a bad reporft but All Four of us were Disapointed and very annoyed with this Vacation Trip.
On the good side there are so many good places to choose from haveing this one as a bad place is not a large concern. I've crossed it off my list of places to visit again. Will be going back to Arrow Point again as it was very nice, even with the 20 minute drive to town.

#48864 - 10/08/12 02:29 PM Re: Victoria Resort Review [Re: ]
lornastalker Offline

Just stayed at Victoria Worldmark 9/12-13/2012. Absolutely loved it. We have the Presidential suite, two bedroom, two bath. It was located on the corner of the building and looked out over the bay. You could see downtown Victoria from the balcony. Down town was within walking distance about 1/2 mile. The room was great. Stayed there with another couple. Plenty of room. The view was great and absolutely loved Victoria. The weather was wonderful. Had such a good time. smile

#48579 - 08/26/12 09:58 AM Re: Victoria Resort Review [Re: ]
bccruiser Offline

Loc: B.C.
Stayed three nights with my wife and 33 year old son mid August. Managed to get three nights in a row but it took 3 separate bookings which meant moving every morning. We were advised at 8:30 a.m. after the first night that our room was available so we leisurely transferred our luggage and fridge contents. The next morning we weren't quite so fortunate but the staff moved everything for us so that was great and most appreciated.

Our accommodation was two bedrooms each time. The first one was described as 'two bedroom less desirable'. That one was on the ground floor next to the pool. Except for the view, this was an excellent suite due to its proximity to office, pool, hot tub, parking level and the main ground level access for walking trips. The other suites were on the 4th floor and the 7th floor. Excellent views in both, just different directions. All three suites were 10 out of 10.

PROS: The staff are top notch; very friendly, helpful, 100%. The suites are great. A good idea is that the parking level is accessible by elevator only when one inserts the 'key' to one's room. Victoria has a lot of history and I wish I had paid more attention in Social Studies class at school. There is certainly lots to do and all within walking distance. The sea wall is superb. Fisherman's Wharf is almost a stone's throw from the resort and fish and chips there at Barb's is a must.

We were glad we had the car but would certainly consider coming over on a B.C. ferry out of Tswwassen to Swartz Bay as a foot passenger, (free for seniors midweek) grabbing the onboard bus for $18 and change and taking it to Victoria and walking the short distance to Worldmark. We will invite our friends in Washington to stay with us for a couple of days next time we go and suggest that they take the Blackball ferry from Port Angeles as foot passengers ($17 as I remember).

CONS: No a/c, but there are ceiling fans and a portable fan that we used to suck cold air from the balcony and blow into the front room. Pretty well needed to have the sliding glass doors open about 6 inches when we went to bed to keep our bedrooms reasonably cool. No wi-fi, Frigidaire refrigerators were noisy in all three suites even with the ice-maker disengaged. The hot tub was never 'hot' and complaints by us and others never amounted to anything. In fairness, however, it was terribly windy and that could easily have accounted for the consistently low temperature (not much above body temperature). A bathrobe would have been a definite advantage. While the seaplanes were noisy (starting at 7:05 a.m.) that's really part of the appeal and we didn't mind them one bit.

In summary, we love Worldmark because we have yet to run into an unpleasant surprise. With Victoria as a backdrop and its amenities this turned out to be a wonderful 3 day diversion from the office. We would go back in a heartbeat. smile

#48524 - 08/16/12 11:36 PM Re: Victoria Resort Review [Re: ]
Lory Offline

We absolutey Loved Victoria!!
My husband, my sister-in-Law, Brother-in-Law and Me all went for a week Aug.4th 2012- Aug.12th 2012 We had the best time ever. The staff at the Wordmark there were simply Amazing and so helpful!The Resort is walking distance to the Downtown area and it is right above Fishermans Warf where theres a great Seafood Walkup restaurant called Barbs Fish and Chips. There are kayaks that you can rent right on the dock. There are wonderful restaurants and Pubs all over the City. Pescatory Restaurant (near the Empress) was Fabulous food. We also went twice to a great Gourmet Burger place called Bin4 that was Fantastic! Overall Victoria is a great walking city that is so easy to get around. You feel safe to be out at night walking around which is nice because the lighting on the City is so pretty at night!

#48172 - 07/02/12 09:07 AM Re: Victoria Resort Review [Re: ]
jgbrink Offline

Have stayed in Victoria 2 other times in the 2 bedrooms units, but this time we stayed in one of the Penthouses. We had the 7th floor and just loved the view of the harbor and all the activities. Yes, all the units in Victoria are a bit smaller that other locations, but we actually had a party in the Penthouse with several couples and there was room to move around and socialize. Recommend if you have the points, stretch and try to get the penthouse. The staff is great and we were not hounded with sells calls to buy additional points. If you want to enjoy Victoria, this is the place. We are scheduled back!!

#47783 - 05/14/12 11:53 AM Re: Victoria Resort Review [Re: soliver]
lauraleigh9mm Offline

The beds are smaller, if you normally sleep in a queen, you may be ok. Two bathrooms are very nice. Yes the units are smaller.

#47782 - 05/14/12 11:50 AM Re: Victoria Resort Review [Re: ]
lauraleigh9mm Offline

We recently stayed at this resort for 4 nights in May 2012. It was our first time. We had two bedroom penthouse on the 8th floor. This was my first penthouse stay, so I have nothing to compare it to. It was just myself and my husband. The unit was a bit smaller than other 2 bedroom units I have stayed at (in the WM family). The beds are "queens" but really they looked like doubles to me. A little too tight for two. I know it sleeps 6 but 4 is pushing it. The bathrooms are very nice, and the bathtubs are nice and deep. As far as it being a "penthouse" other then the hot tub, I did not find it particularly fancy or upscale. The hot tub itself was not terribly hot. Don't get me wrong, we really enjoyed it, but for me, I need the heat. I loved watching the seaplanes take off and land from the deck.

The location is pretty good if you like to walk. A walk to the Empress Hotel is about 10 minutes. We got to Victoria by the Clipper, and it is about 5 minute walk from the ferry dock to the resort. Victoria is a lovely little town, and there is a lot to see.

Would I go back? In a heartbeat.

#47729 - 05/03/12 04:51 PM Re: Victoria Resort Review [Re: ]
soliver Offline

Loc: Vancouver, WA
My husband and I are planning a trip to Victoria next spring with another couple. We have a 2br penthouse reserved. I've heard the units are much smaller than at other WM resorts. My question is....are the units large enough for 2 couples to cohabitate comfortably for a week? Also, how much does the ferry from Port Angeles cost round trip.

#47087 - 01/25/12 06:12 PM Re: Victoria Resort Review [Re: ]
sandymas Offline

I was at the resort in Victoria all last week(Jan 13-20). We had a lot of snow which covered the balconies and the hallways as well. The staff did a great job of quickly clearing the snow and making sure the walkways were safe. Lobby staff always pleasant and helpful. Maintenance man responded within 5 minutes to a minor problem I experienced with the vertical blinds.

Victoria is great any time of the year. If you don't feel like walking, taxis are very reasonable. In the summer, it's cheaper to take a taxi to downtown (if you don't want to make the quick, short walk) than to take the little water taxis which last year were charging $5 one way.

#46017 - 08/08/11 12:57 PM Re: Victoria Resort Review [Re: ]
Jethro Offline

Just spent a week in #5108 and had a wonderful vacation! 5108 is a 2 bdrm penthouse queen / various floors that is part of the east wing of the resort -- top floor of the first tier (floors 6 thru 9 step back on two more tiers). THE VIEW WAS INCREDIBLE.

Loved the loud float planes, the MV Coho's horn, and all the other water traffic that came through. Many a breakfast was spent on the deck with a cup of coffee. I don't really have much else to add, other than we had a fabulous stay with WorldMark once again. And I want to move to Victoria!

Edited by Jethro (08/08/11 12:58 PM)

#45970 - 08/04/11 08:25 PM Re: Victoria Resort Review [Re: ]
Papa Offline

We enjoyed it so much last year when we were here, that we reserved a two bedroom penthouse for the first week in August. We were blessed with 4108. The sun in the morning comes right into the side deck with two tables and four chairs. Breakfast on the deck in the sun. Priceless. The afternoon sun warms the BBQ deck to the west side. We got chicken at the market, BBQ'd it with some fresh veggies and fruit. Warm sunshine, great views of the sea planes and water taxis. Priceless.
We enjoyed the extras too. White robes in each closet. Big fluffy towels that wrap all the way around you and even more. Flat screen TV's, upgraded furniture. We felt special. The hop on bus stops right next door. You can book on line in the lobby and print your tickets right there and not have to go downtown to set things up. The one day ticket is good for two days. Great way to scout the city and then hop off at places you want to go and leave the car and parking to others. Craigdarroch castle was a great tour, 25% discount coupons in the lobby. Butchart gardens was beautiful, as usual and the afternoon tea (get a reservation) was not only yummy, but quite filling. For a beautiful drive try going right out the driveway, drive down by the cruise ship harbor and go counterclockwise around the coast on the scenic coast road.
This was our top worldmark visit in terms of feeling very special.

#45659 - 07/11/11 11:24 AM Re: Victoria Resort Review [Re: ]
janelles Offline

I recently enjoyed a 2-night stay at Victoria in the middle of June. We had wonderful weather and I was very pleased with the resort. We had a 2-bedroom unit with twin beds in the second bedroom, located on the 3rd floor. Having booked with pretty short notice, I was very happy that we did have a view of the water from our unit. The rooms were clean, and although some of the paint is a bit scuffed in places, I was satisfied. The walk into town is nice and pleasant, but if you prefer to get into town faster, I recommend using the water taxi. There is a stop conveniently located next to the Worldmark. It was $5 to get into town for shopping, but worth it when achy feet don't feel like walking after a day of shopping.

We did eat at the Blue Crab next door, and it was delicious. A bit on the pricey side, but the food was great. I wish I'd remembered to take advantage of the coupons offered in the lobby at the Worldmark.

I will no doubt be back to visit this resort in the future.

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.