Who's Online
0 registered (), 18 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Topic Options
#56263 - 09/09/15 07:44 AM Palm Springs - Plaza Resort & Spa Resort Review
KrisComm Offline

Have you stayed at WorldMark Palm Springs - Plaza Resort & Spa? Here's your chance to tell other WorldMark owners what it's really like. How big is the pool? How hot is the hot tub? What do you wish you had known before you left home?

#58262 - 04/09/18 03:53 PM Re: Palm Springs - Plaza Resort & Spa Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
RobinYvonne Offline

Husband and I are staying at this resort in April 2018 in a one bedroom unit. In addition to comments noted by other reviewers, with which I agree, I will add: The one bedroom unit feels spacious, except the kitchen is microscopic, and we were shocked to find no dishwasher and no disposal, something that was not mentioned on the website. So we trudged out the drying rack (something I've not seen in decades) from under the sink each time and hand washed our dishes, something I've not done since my camping days. Couldn't help but wonder how clean the dishes were in the cabinet when we arrived, though they did look clean. The view of the golf course from our room was gorgeous, and the resort was quiet except for the occasional yapping of someone's dog. And yes, it may be my imagination but I thought I smelled DOG as soon as we entered the unit. The surrounding neighborhood is very nice. Movies are free (check out like in a library), and the laundry machines (not in the room, though there is space for them), are also supposedly free, though inconvenient enough that we will wait until our next WM stop on this road trip. I've also stayed in the other Palm Springs property, and would definitely choose that one over this one in the future, though I'd stay here again if it's all that's available. Due to the dishes situation, I wouldn't stay more than a couple of nights here.

#58081 - 01/11/18 08:43 PM Re: Palm Springs - Plaza Resort & Spa Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
Blast Offline

Not much has changed. The Plaza looks to be a 70's style Holiday Inn. To make a 1 bedroom there was a door cut in the middle wall of 2 units. One bathroom was converted to a kitchenette. So you have 1 bedroom and bath on one side and a living/dining kitchenette on the other. The ceilings are low and still have popcorn ceilings and the units are dark and worn. There are no dishwashers,oven, laundry, or grills with each unit and balconies are very small. The 1st floor laundry machines are free if you supply soap and Downy sheets. The pools are small but heated and in good shape. The jets on the hot tubs are better than most Worldmarks. The SPA is awful; there is one inoperable treadmill, 1 stationary bike, and a 3 station universal. The saunas are separated off the men's and women's lockers and look dingy. There is a small room for massages and 1 outside tennis court to complete the Spa environment. The resort is managed by Wyndham and there is no Worldmark presence on site. The staff is pleasant but uncaring, but you do get a complementary tidy-up on Wednesday if you are staying a week. Location is walking distance to Trader Joe's, Boomers, and several fast food restaurants. The location is close to Indian Canyons if you like hiking and the outdoors.There is a general musty smell throughout the resort, although it is cleaned on a regular basis. Parking is all outside and easy, since no one is here. The staff said it was ok for Worldmark customers to bring animals? The Worldmark rooms were mostly on the golf course side thankfully.There is no on site restaurant reflected on the Worldmark website. The Weber 4 burner grill on the quiet pool side rocks and is rarely used.

#56961 - 06/06/16 09:30 PM Re: Palm Springs - Plaza Resort & Spa Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
Griffey Offline

My wife and I just returned from The Plaza after spending 3 nights in a 1 Bedroom. Although the room was modified to comply with the typical Worldmark 1 bedroom unit, its an older building that needs work. Its not like Palm springs down town or even Indio. Also although the gal at the front desk appeared friendly, there isn't the typical world mark concierge for suggestions in the area etc. The Building is on the Palm springs outskirts near Palm desert.

#56699 - 02/19/16 01:14 PM Re: Palm Springs - Plaza Resort & Spa Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
DrJimmy Offline

*Boomers mini golf & go carts

Palm Springs Plaza also has a well-maintained tennis court out front...

#56696 - 02/19/16 09:58 AM Re: Palm Springs - Plaza Resort & Spa Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
DrJimmy Offline

I spent 3 nights at this location Feb 13, 14, 15. I had a studio the first night, but moved to a 1 bedroom the last 2 nights. Location is a short block off Hwy 111 in Cathedral City midway between Palm Springs & Palm Desert. This is an older 3 story building with one side facing a golf course. Appears to be 1960's or 70's construction. The studio is half the size of the spacious 1 bedrooms. Kitchens are much smaller than standard Worldmark units and do not have ovens, dishwashers or in-unit laundry. Although dated, the building is clean and well-maintained.

All the staff I encountered were very friendly and attentive. I was told by Victoria at the front desk that WM has use of only 10 units at this resort. Not sure if this is correct. I was also told the units are not "dedicated", that is, unlike Bend or Cathedral City, the units can be any available in the resort. That might explain why they overbooked and did not have my reserved 1 bedroom unit available the first night. The manager was scrambling for 30 minutes trying to find me a room and even called Cimarron (WM Cathedral City) to find a 1 bedroom. Fortunately, they had a no-show in a studio unit and were able to give me someone else's room the first night. The staff seemed genuinely horrified that this had happened and the Manager gave me a bottle of Chardonnay by way of an apology.

There are 2 small outdoor pools, a jacuzzi, and a small exercise room with large men's & women's saunas on the second floor. All in all, this is a very quiet resort and close to several restaurants, a Trader Joe's, Starbucks and other shopping amenities (10 minute walk). A Boomers miniature gold and amusement center is also only 5 -10 minute walk off Hwy 111. I prefer the floor plans better at the original Palm Springs location and the 1 bedroom floorplan at Cathedral City, but wouldn't hesitate to stay here if those locations are booked.

#56599 - 01/22/16 06:37 AM Re: Palm Springs - Plaza Resort & Spa Resort Review [Re: keffles]
bthorman Offline

Loc: San Francisco Area
No one has posted anything yet.

#56598 - 01/21/16 10:39 PM Re: Palm Springs - Plaza Resort & Spa Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
keffles Offline

Hello,

I'm registered and logged in, can see the threads by title, but cannot see any of the discussions. Any thoughts why?

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.