Who's Online
0 registered (), 34 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Topic Options
#27745 - 06/12/07 11:03 AM Activities and Things To Do in the Area - West Yellowstone
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

What's there to do at West Yellowstone? We want to hear about what you did and saw while staying at this resort.

#58207 - 03/14/18 09:13 AM Trade May 27-June 3 for July 1-7 at West Yellowstone? [Re: Forum Host]
gpaulbailey Offline

I looked in other forums and saw that people are discussing trades, so here goes.

I have two 2 bedroom condos booked at West Yellowstone from May 27 to June 3 (included Memorial Day weekend) but it turns out we can't travel then. Trying to get July 1-7 which I am sure is another popular time, or perhaps trade for something else. Let me know if you have interest.

#56872 - 05/08/16 05:34 PM Re: Activities and Things To Do in the Area - West Yellowstone [Re: Papa]
jcharles Offline

I have a 2 bedroom at West Yellowstone from May 14-21. Will take credits or $$. joliecharles@juno.com

#56148 - 07/24/15 06:18 AM Re: Activities and Things To Do in the Area - West Yellowstone [Re: Forum Host]
Papa Offline

Went to Yellowstone park for three days. Map and guide information was great. Packed our lunch and ate on the lawn at Mammoth Hot Springs visitor center one day with mom and baby elk grazing and napping in the shade all around (bull elk had gone across the street to catch his nap, the little elk were too noisy for him.) Saw a large herd of buffalo, including one big bull taking a dust bath right next to us on the road, mom's and babies crossing the road right in front of the cars. Who herd of elk, a black bear and some pronghorn deer. Old faithful was faithful and did an awesome job right in the time block we found in the info center there. The geothermal pools and mud pots thrilled even the grandchildren. So many people from different lands, I only wish more of our Americans could get up and see this "First" national park. It was great. Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center (short walk across the parking lot) was also very well done, had some lazy wolves (go early if you want to see them active.) Grizzlies were hamming it up and entertaining everyone with their feeding, play and water play. Admission covers two days so you can take little ones back again the next day at no cost. Opens at 8:30 AM. WM Pool was freezing the first two days we were here but nice the other days. The hot tub on the left was very hot while the one on the right was much more moderate. If your kids are getting red, take them out or to the other hottub. Ping pong, pool table and fooseball were fun for grandpa down to the four year old (who didn't handle losing very well.)

#56147 - 07/24/15 06:06 AM Re: Activities and Things To Do in the Area - West Yellowstone [Re: drmaqen]
Papa Offline

Didn't have any trouble with noisy kids above or next door. Units seem really well insulated for sound.

#54047 - 12/31/13 08:48 PM Re: Activities and Things To Do in the Area - West Yellowstone [Re: ]
drmaqen Offline

So I'm at Yellowstone, right now. The clock has just rounded 10:00pm, and I'm waiting, hoping, willing the guests in the resort staying in the wing I'm locate, to take control,of their children and observe quiet hours. Waiting......waiting......waiting....... Yeah, not any better than the last 7 nights. Arggghhhhh!

I come on vacations to relax, unwind, check-out. We've been WM owners for 10 years, and visited 12 different resorts...this is the only time I have been so very disturbed by other guests. The walls seem to be paper thin and the floor above is so thin that every foot fall is heard. While this is a structural problem that previous guests have also commented on, my primary concern is fellow guests that do not seem to have an understanding that they are not the only guests here. Children are RUNNING around at all hours, their feet and voices broadcasting their arrival long before they are seen. Knocking on our door, disappearing before we answer, crank calling on the phone. WHERE are these kid's parents? My children, 17 and 18, are with us on this trip and they are appalled by the rampaging of this kids. My daughter commented that they knew they couldn't act in such a manner, especially when we stayed at a WM resort.

I have called the front desk, and they are sympathetic and have tried to address the problem, but there has been little improvement. A great deal of these disturbances are beyond their control. What can they do, throw the loud guests out into the snow?

Perhaps it's time that the WM Board look into adding a check box on the reservations site indicating how many children under the age of 15 will be traveling with a group, and assign rooms for all groups with young children in one area of the resorts, leaving other areas for those without children.

Jeez, this has been a complete waste of credits expended in an effort to relax and renew.
OMG, it sounds like they are moving furniture upstairs now. Or bowling.

Edited by drmaqen (12/31/13 08:49 PM)

#50777 - 09/05/13 07:58 PM Re: KONA-Sea Village- Any comments [Re: bthorman]
jcharles Offline

In my defense - did you notice that there are a few Kona Sea Village posts in the Yellowstone strand? Pretty funny though - no beaches in Yellowstone!

#50772 - 09/05/13 09:41 AM Re: Activities and Things To Do in the Area - West Yellowstone [Re: ]
DennisG Offline

Loc: Olympia, WA
I am planning a trip to Yellowstone with my son to do some hiking and general site-seeing, we'll be there next weekend (snagged some bonus time) 12-15th. I will read through the posts and Trip Adviser, but was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a day hiking trip?

#50430 - 07/09/13 08:03 PM Re: KONA-Sea Village- Any comments [Re: jcharles]
bthorman Offline

Loc: San Francisco Area
Are you sure you're posting on the right resort? Last I heard Yellowstone wasn't near any beaches or oceans. :-)

#50429 - 07/09/13 06:33 PM Re: KONA-Sea Village- Any comments [Re: zwinn]
jcharles Offline

I didn't even realize this resort was listed on our site. I did read though that there are not any ocean views, but the resort is right on the ocean. I'm not sure if it is a good swimming beach. But there are several beaches pretty close to this resort. I would not think WorldMark would have access to very many units since it is not a WorldMark managed resort. Hope your Waitlist comes through!

#50427 - 07/08/13 06:13 PM KONA-Sea Village- Any comments [Re: ]
zwinn Offline

AM exciting even I am still in the waiting list for Kona Island in Sea Village on Sept. 2013. My first time. Hoping I can get a room with ocean view and can hear the surfing waves. NO AC is ok just like in Valley Isle in Maui which I really enjoyed.

Wondering how many rooms WM has in this resort as this will give me an idea how long I can be on the waiting list. Can anyone share their experience, please. Thank you.

Zwinn

#50344 - 06/22/13 08:28 PM Re: Virus Outbreak at Yellowstone [Re: ]
Marymc Offline

Loc: Eastern Washington
Does anyone know anything about the virus outbreak at Yellowstone and Grand Teton Parks. We are heading to Yellowstone in two weeks and are getting worried>

#48789 - 10/01/12 02:37 PM Re: Activities and Things To Do in the Area - West Yellowstone [Re: ]
Livennjoy Offline

My wife and I are planning on booking a wolf watching tour between 10/12/12 - 10/16/12 with professional guide Kevin Sanders during our stay at WM West Yellowstone. The cost is the same ($550 TOTAL) for 1 to 5 people and we're wondering if another couple might be interested in doing this with us to help offset the cost per person? (Adults ONLY, not looking for children to attend with us, sorry.)

Kevin's website is: www.yellowstone-bearman.com/bmguide.html
He has tremendous experience and knows the history behind each wolf pack in YNP. Another reason we're selecting him is: "Groups will travel to sites where wolves are active, set up spotting scopes, and camera's and learn through open discussion everything they ever wanted to know about wolves, bears and Yellowstone Park."

Come join us!

#48333 - 07/24/12 05:36 PM Re: Activities and Things To Do in the Area - West Yellowstone [Re: ]
btaylor Offline

Loc: Idaho
There are many things to do:

Grizzly & Wolf Discovery Center - just a block from the resort. the resort has a discount couple for $1 off adult admission. They also have a Keeper Kids program morning and afternoon for $2 where they teach the kids about the bears and then they get to hid food in the bear habitat for them. The admission is good to two days.

Museum of the Yellowstone - close to resort; also has discount coupon of .50 to $1 - resort or brochure. Admission good to 2 days. Nice displays, interesting and also has Ranger program at various times.

Visitor's Center - go there and pick up many brochures/maps/etc. They also have some animals pelts which are fun to see/feel.

Buffalo Bill Historical Center - in Cody, WY. We were told it took 3 hours to get to Cody but it was more like 4 hours - we didn't have traffic. The brochures at the resort for buffalo bill are also so the admission is $18 for adults and $10 for kids. You need to have at least half a day to spend at this place and it has many parts to it and takes awhile to go through. Very cool museum - you can also get a passport booklet and get stamps throughout one of the area which is nice. Again good for 2 days.

Also next to the resort a mini-golf place has opened - Yellowstone Funland - ask for coupons at the desk or get the brochure from the visitor's center. We didn't go but it looked fun.

We did several trips into the park - went to Old Faithful - gotta see it; Canyon Village, Mammoth Hot Springs, Fishing Bridge, Norris. They have a Ranger Program for the kids to do - pick up papers at visitor center in the park and then the kids earn a Junior Ranger Patch. You can also get stamps at each visitor center.
We saw many elk, bison, geese,swans, osprey, a coyote; we went many different times of the day but didn't see any grizzly bear, moose or wolves that we hoped to. The park is very large and beautiful. The fly fishing must be something as there was many fishing throughout the park.
The weather can be abrupt in the park so be ready for sunshine or rain/thunderstorms.

#46018 - 08/08/11 01:11 PM Re: Activities and Things To Do in the Area - West Yellowstone [Re: ]
Jack and Jo Offline

Loc: Washington
Shopping and eating downtown, the Yellowstone IMAX theatre every hour ($9.00 adult) and the Grizzly &Wolf Discovery Center all day ($10.00 adult for a two consecutive day pass), and the West Yellowstone rodeo, for three or four days a week. Part of our group went to the rodeo. It is something fun for those that have not seen a rodeo and they had great laughs. Our group split up two days and became adventurous. We drove to Gardiner, north of the north entrance, and went on a 6 mile horse ride leaving from a horse ranch called "Hells a-Roarin Outfitters" in Jardin. It was set up with an 8 mile Yellowstone River float through a company called “The Flying Pig” based in Gardiner. We came across this outfit when we signed up for information through Yellowstone National Park website. The Flying Pig Adventure Company does have its own website and the package is called Paddle-Saddle. Reservations ahead of time were $105 each for all ages. Three weeks ahead of time the charge was $110. http://flyingpigrafting.com/ and the package is called Paddle-Saddle. There are many other package choices including overnights. It was a great day. We noticed there are also other horse riding tours around the park and in West Yellowstone. Our 7,11 and 12 grandchildren earned their junior ranger badges in two days time. This information can be found at the ranger stations in the park. We picked up our booklets from the Madison stop. You must park at the end of the lot and take a short walk through the trees to the building. This is also where some of the ranger talks are held. We wanted to rent a $5.00 science kit but we didn’t have enough time on our last day when we found out it took three to four hours to complete the tasks. So consider this early in your adventures. The kits are borrowed from the Canyon and Old Faithful visitor centers.

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.