Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Topic Options
#2036 - 03/05/04 03:48 PM Lake of Ozarks Resort Review
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Have you stayed at Lake of Ozarks? Here's your chance to tell other owners what it's really like. How big is the pool? How hot it the hot tub? What do you wish you had known before you left home?

#58858 - 07/08/19 01:20 PM Re: Lake of Ozarks Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
shay Offline

Loc: Idaho
Seems like no one reviews on this forum any more, which is sad.
My husband and I spent four days at this resort at the end of June. This was his first visit and my second as my sister and I had stayed here several years ago. Since she passed away two years ago, I wanted to revisit this area and show my husband all the places my sister and I went that I have been talking about.
The resort itself has the usual recreation center and pool and hot tub. The unique thing about this resort is the swim/fishing float that has been added since I was here. The boat dock where my sis and I fished is gone. I think the float is better.
The units themselves are the usual, spacious and comfortable. There are no grills on the balcony and I forgot to ask why.
WorldMark at Lake of the Ozarks is a great place to use as a hub when exploring the area. There is lots to do.
If our family could all make it here from the West coast, I would love to have one of our reunions here.
As always the WorldMark staff are helpful and friendly. This is one of my favorite resorts.

WorldMark resorts visited: McCall, ID; Arrowpoint, ID; Seaside, OR; Oceanside, CA; Lake of the Ozarks, OK; Running Y, OR; Lake Chelan, WA; Eagle Crest, OR; Surfside Inn, WA: Las Vegas (all three), NV; Reno, NV; St. George, UT; San Francisco, CA: Rancho Vistoso, AZ; Pine Top, AZ; West Yellowstone, MT; Bear Lake, UT; Depoe Bay, OR; Wolf Creek, UT; Longbeach, WA; San Diego – Mission Valley, CA; New Orleans – Avenue Plaza, LA; Angels Camp, CA; Birch Bay, WA; Leavenworth, WA: Scottsdale, AZ; Midway, UT, Grand Lake O' the Cherokee, OK.

#57244 - 10/10/16 05:27 PM Re: Lake of Ozarks Resort Review [Re: Rinkydink]
KASH Offline

Loc: GATEWAY CITY
How is it fishing off the balcony???????????

#57055 - 07/15/16 06:47 PM Re: Lake of Ozarks Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
eyegirl Offline

Loc: az
It has been a while since anyone reviewed this resort...so here it is!
The general manager, Jeff, has a TERRIFIC crew working for him. Everyone was beyond kind and accommodating. The resort was very nice. It could use a bit of updating, which is supposed to be done later this year. The unit size was great. We stayed in both a 2 and 3 bedroom and they were both terrific. Each unit overlooks the beautiful lake, where you can watch boaters and jet-skiers all day. The resort has a nice pool and dock for swimming in the lake.
I would DEFINITELY return to this resort.

#56028 - 06/22/15 12:05 PM Re: Lake of Ozarks Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
uly318 Offline

The resort was nice and the staff were friendly. Rooms were pleasant and we had a beautiful view of the lake from our balcony. We loved hiking in the nearby state parks and really enjoyed fishing of the dock at the resort. However, we had some serious facility issues that hampered and shortened our stay. We checked in on Monday. Tuesday morning the front desk calls to tell us that the resort would be without water from 12 - 3, give or take an extra hour. No problem, we went and hiked all day and came back to our room at 6:30PM. Yep, no water. Front desk says they'll check on it. I am a little fuzzy here, but I don't we got water back until 9:45PM. This made it tough for my wife and I and our children - dinner, drinking water, toilets, showers etc. Had to get some bottled water, but the bathroom situation was terrible, but we survived! Ok, next morning, vacation and attitudes back on track and we enjoyed Wednesday and Thursday to exhaustion. We were due to check out at noon on Friday and planned to take a relaxing Friday morning packing everything back up - just to exhausted to do it Thursday evening. 1:30AM Friday morning (Thursday night) I was awakened by banging on the door. I'm told that we have to evacuate the building as the adjacent apartments sprinkler system went off and flooded their room and the entire building is being evacuated. First thought - this is a prank. No such luck. I had the fun job to wake and inform my wife. After answering her disbelieving questions, we had to wake, dress and comfort the kids; pack all the suitcases, food, fishing equipment, etc. and haul all that up the stairs and pack the van. We were very unhappy campers. The front desk offered to relocate us to another room which we quickly decided it wasn't worth it since the van was now completely packed, and all the kids properly stowed and checkout was only 10 hours away (and they weren't going to let us delay checkout). So at approximately 2:30AM we headed home! Either we caught them on a bad 4 days or they have a lot of drama there. A couple days after safely returning home we received a call from Worldmark. Silly us, we thought they we're calling to make amends - offer us verbal soothing to take the bad taste away. But nope, after our fine experience, they thought we were in the mood to buy substantially more credits. .... We've been Worldmark members since 2003 and have never had an experience like this one. I understand things happen that PERHAPS are outside of Worldmarks control, but I am quite disappointed that Worldmark doesn't acknowledge the hardship and that we most certainly did NOT get our moneys (credits) worth on this vacation. Touching base with your disappointed fan base just seems like the right thing to do to me.

#46970 - 01/07/12 09:56 PM Re: Lake of Ozarks Resort Review [Re: ]
Rinkydink Offline

Originally Posted By: Forum Hostess
Have you stayed at Lake of Ozarks? Here's your chance to tell other owners what it's really like. How big is the pool? How hot it the hot tub? What do you wish you had known before you left home?

I'm going for the 2nd time to Osage Beach, I didn't the first time, but this time I want to try fishing off the dock, do I need a non-resident license if I'm on resort property?

#46584 - 10/14/11 02:38 PM Re: Lake of Ozarks Resort Review [Re: jcota]
Moderator 2 Offline

dear jcota,

These are items that WorldMark by Wyndham Management would like to know about so that we can take immediate action to get these issues addressed. If you have an issue or concern that you would like management to be aware of so corrective action can be taken, the most expeditious way to communicate that concern would be to send it directly to ownersupport@wyn.com. If you prefer, you may call Owner Care at 888.648.7363 option 4.

Forum Moderator
WorldMark Owner Care

#46532 - 10/08/11 10:21 AM Re: Lake of Ozarks Resort Review [Re: ]
tcrowley77 Offline

Just got back from a 3 day weekend at lake of the Ozark. WOW what a beautiful lake. We had a 2 bedroom unit that looked right out at the lake. It appears that almost every unit has a view of the lake. Some a little better than others. I am originally from California and have been to a dozen resorts on the west coast. This unit was huge compared to some in California. The Lake was full of bass fishermen zipping all over the lake. It was great because the resort appeared to be about 1/2 full, so at times we had everything all to ourselves.

It was clean and the staff at the front desk was friendly. Which is funny because I have seen multiple comments that the staff is rude. Not my experience. Of course I didn't try to check in early. I had several questions about where to eat and where to shop and immediately was handed a map and helpful info on how to get there. This will be a place that I'll be coming back to.

Edited by tcrowley77 (10/08/11 10:29 AM)

#46377 - 09/14/11 07:27 PM Re: Lake of Ozarks Resort Review [Re: ]
jcota Offline

Just back from the ozarks. When we arrived on Saturday, was greeted by an extremely rude clerk who promply stated that my room wasnt ready yet. When I asked, she said "Check in isnt until 4, your room will be ready by then".... Then I asked if there were any other rooms available, and she said no. The resort was empty. Then she held the a clipboard and was waiting for my phone number so she could call me when the room was ready. We went to the pool, and within 5 minutes, she called and said that the room was ready.

I went back into the lobby and asked for a router so I could hook up my laptop to do some work. She said that the internet in the building that we were in was out. I asked if there were any room with the functional internet, was told that it was in building A and they are not suited to your accomodiations. I asked her how long the internet was going to be down and she replied dont know, call the provider when you get into your room.

I wasnt too pleased with the quaility of the service of this one person. I ended up hooking up with the wireless from the pool in my room so it wasnt a complete loss. I was able to do what I needed to do work wise. Other wise, it was a great weekend, lots of things to do in Osage Beach. The town was deserted so that was a nice thing other than going in the summer and having to drive through the town like Branson.

My other complaint is that I had left a movie in the bedroom dvd player. When I called them and asked about it they said that it was their policy to obtain my credit card number and then they would be gladly to send it to me. When I asked how much the cost was going to be, she responded 22 bucks. I can buy the movie for 10 bucks so I told her no thanks. The Lake of the Ozarks is a wonderful resort, however, I truly think that they need to have some sessions for their employees in customer service. The room was dirty, dirty dishes, windows were filthy, dead bugs in the window sills, and hair in the tub and bathroom sinks and hair that was on the deck rail outside.

From the letter that I got from worldmark regarding the dock for the boats, it was only going to be a temporary thing.

#46342 - 09/08/11 08:43 AM Re: Lake of Ozarks Resort Review [Re: ]
Rudolth4 Offline

I drive from Chicago every year to be able to use the lake there with my boat. This year after driving 10 hours I find out they tore out the dock. But they made arrangements with the resort next door. At a cost of $25.00 a day. I was under the impression that is what our dews paid for.

#46341 - 09/08/11 08:35 AM Re: Lake of Ozarks Resort Review [Re: boaterkathy]
Rudolth4 Offline

Well you can't do that anymore they have decided to tear out the dock.That was a selling point for me. Guess I will be looking else where.

#46301 - 09/03/11 01:37 PM Re: Lake of Ozarks Resort *removed* [Re: dhaywood]
dhaywood Offline

Loc: Missouri
And my complaint was removed, citing it was "argumentative". No harsh language--just an outline of the treatment the "owners" are getting. Wow.

#46184 - 08/23/11 03:24 PM Re: Lake of Ozarks Resort Review [Re: ]
MapBooks4U Offline

Loc: Riverside County, California
Wow! Wow! Wow! Just got back from our trip to WM Branson, WM Lake of the Ozarks, and WM Estes Park. We loved them all. I am an avid boater, (wake boarding, tubing, and water skiing, and fishing), love taking my boat to Tahoe, Mead, Silverwood, Elsinore, and so on. Can't wait to get it to Lake of the Ozarks.

We loved our Lake of the Ozarks unit, fabulous view of the lake and cove, it was decorated gorgeously and very spacious. The staff was so nice to us and we wish we could have gotten a couple of extra days there. Took a nice walk through the neighborhood and next door to the bait shop. Very convenient place to put boat in the water.

We really enjoyed the swim dock and fished a little there too. Many Worldmark owners were enjoying it. We didn't make time to use the pool this trip and we are looking forward to staying there again. So glad I took a "chance" and went anyway...definitely our cup of tea!

Diana

#45917 - 08/01/11 04:05 PM Re: Lake of Ozarks Resort -- DON'T GO!!!! [Re: MapBooks4U]
chardog25 Offline

Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana
I really do hope everything goes well, I do not want anyone to have the experience I had. Hopefully they will see what people are saying and do something to change their ways. Just make sure you have a good time no matter what. We did.

#45856 - 07/28/11 08:50 PM Re: Lake of Ozarks Resort -- DON'T GO!!!! [Re: chardog25]
MapBooks4U Offline

Well, changed my mind and booked two days. Thought I would give it a chance. California to St. Louis, then Springfield, on to Branson WM for two days, then LOO for two days before heading to WM Estes Park and then Lake Tahoe before heading back to So. CA. Will let you know my review when travel is completed.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

Diana

#45816 - 07/26/11 05:24 AM Re: Lake of Ozarks Resort -- DON'T GO!!!! [Re: MapBooks4U]
chardog25 Offline

If you do end up here and like fishing. Go to Johnny D's bait shop, it is at the end of the road you come in on. He will give you any info you want. His dock has crappie beds and the fishing is great on his dock(he charges 4 bucks each to fish off it but it was well worth it for us.) We caught 2-3 hundred crappie between us all in 3 days of fishing.

#45811 - 07/25/11 05:22 PM Re: Lake of Ozarks Resort -- DON'T GO!!!! [Re: chardog25]
MapBooks4U Offline

Wow, I was really looking forward to finally staying there two nights after my Branson stay. I guess I will eat crow and let my family know that we need to change our plans.

Gosh, really hate to hear the dock will be removed too. I had thought it would be worth booking a couple of weeks there like I do Tahoe and take my boat.

Thanks for the heads up!

Edited by MapBooks4U (07/25/11 05:23 PM)

#45794 - 07/24/11 04:41 AM Re: Lake of Ozarks Resort -- DON'T GO!!!! [Re: chardog25]
chardog25 Offline

Would also like to add that I am perfectly able to go and get the supplies I need. But I know there are persons that are not and they do not even offer. They say "yea, we have supplies but you HAVE to come get them". They drive around on golf carts all day, maybe they should give those carts to the guests who pay for them, so they can get their supplies. Maybe it would be more cost effective to just get rid of the golf carts like the docks.

Without the dock being here and having to pay every day to put my boat in the water or keep it in the water. I would much rather go to Branson, there is a boat launch just down the road to get on Lake Taneycomo and Table Rock Lake is pretty close. The staff is fantastic. The resort has great grounds for the kids to play tennis, shoot hoops, swim, and a great recreation room.

Edited by chardog25 (07/24/11 04:53 AM)

#45793 - 07/24/11 04:27 AM Re: Lake of Ozarks Resort -- DON'T GO!!!! *removed* [Re: dhaywood]
chardog25 Offline

Post removed owner notified by RondaOS

Edited by RondaOS (09/03/11 03:28 PM)

#45553 - 06/30/11 10:57 AM Re: Lake of Ozarks Resort *removed* [Re: dhaywood]
dhaywood Offline

Post remove response sent to owner by RondaOS

Edited by RondaOS (08/07/11 09:20 AM)

#45521 - 06/27/11 09:25 AM Re: Lake of Ozarks Resort Review [Re: ]
dhaywood Offline

Absolutely FED UP with WorldMark!!!!! This is one of only two resorts that are reasonably accessable by vehicle from the Kansas City area and the ONLY resort that was geared toward the "lake rat" boater. Was is the operative word. As a boater, this resort was the primary selling point for my purchase of an ownership in 2004. Now, the company has removed the only ammenity that was its selling point among lake-life vacationers---the boat slips and private access from quarters to vessel. A "negotiated, premier mooring rate" was advertised by the Club, steering our business to a nearby resort. There is no premier rate---it's the same one advertised on Robin's Resort's web page and---oh----they even charge the WM folks an additional $5 in/$5 out for the use of their boat ramp. That's a fee they don't even charge their own customers. Thanks for "negotiating" that premier rate for your valued owners and an additional sarcastic thanks for raising my maintanence dues by 4%. I'm sure it will go toward the prompt repair of our boat slips. I'm out---RCI here we come!!!!!

#45480 - 06/21/11 06:16 PM Re: Lake of Ozarks Resort Review [Re: ]
Billme94 Offline

Unit is great, room is clean but we have stayed here twice and have got stuck in the same unit both times. 117C it has no view and is on the "UNkept" end of the unit.
When we checked in I asked if there was another unit we could get and I was told NO very rudely and when I tried to talk to the lady she just blew me off. I think I own part of this and expect better service.
Today I tried to talk with her again about my view being blocked by trees with shingles and trash in the trees. She responded "really?" and picked up the phone and started dialing the phone. I will be calling and complaining to Worldmark
I hope these pictures work.
First three are out our door
Weeds and trash on walk

four feet of re-bar left sticking out

Just more weeds

Tree off the balcony with no view

Shingles on the ground

Notice the shingles in the tree

Another picture of the view

#45475 - 06/21/11 10:50 AM Re: Lake of Ozarks Resort Review [Re: Camille Wimbley]
chardog25 Offline

I just got back from there and was very disappointed with the unit and staff. I also had a penthouse(one with a great view) but a penthouse that sleeps 8 has a spa on the balcony that sits only 2 persons. Not really a penthouse. One bedroom had a garden tub. Other than that it was basically a 3 bedroom unit and a 1 bedroom unit without a kitchen downstairs. The upstairs felt crowded compared to the 3 bedroom my guests had. Some of the staff at the resort was rude and we felt like we were inconveniencing them if we needed some laundry soap or paper towels. The grounds do not have any place for the kids to enjoy themselves. The pool is small compared to other most other resorts I have been to. There is only one ping pong table, one pool table, one computer. Also would like to add that the dock is on the lake just not usable. I still do not understand why it is being removed. This resort revolves around being on the lake and not having the dock to fish off and park a boat will keep us away from this resort. Overall this is BY FAR THE WORST EXPERIENCE we have had at a Worldmark resort. We will not be back.

#45344 - 06/06/11 03:10 PM Re: Lake of Ozarks Resort Review [Re: smattivi]
Camille Wimbley Offline

Just got back from the Lake of Ozarks. What a beautiful area. I am restricted from being in the sun, for medical reasons, so I was really looking forward to staying in the 4 bedroom penthouse and enjoying the lake views from it. Only thing there was no lake view, only branches of trees from the unit I had been assigned. It really upset me and totally stressed me out because I felt like I was in a big dark cave. After much complaint, 3 days later I finally got someone in owner care to help me transfer to another unit. But it cost me an extra house keeping fee. The furniture in both the 4 & 3 bedroom units were very worn and faded, and the carpet in both units had lots of spills on it. I did see,during my stay there, that some of the units there were getting new furniture, just not my unit(s). When I think of a penthouse unit, I think of top shelf quality as in 4 star rating. I doubt that I will ever go back there again, 20k credits for 7 days, where almost half of that time was spent in a dark unit viewing tree branches and sinking deep down on extremly worn furniture was not my idea of an ideal vacation. Other than that,

Loved the area and resort concept.

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.