Who's Online
0 registered (), 34 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Topic Options
#55397 - 12/04/14 08:40 AM Blaine Resort Review
KrisComm Offline

Have you stayed at WorldMark Blaine? Here's your chance to tell other WorldMark owners what it's really like. How big is the pool? How hot is the hot tub? What do you wish you had known before you left home?

#59094 - 07/17/20 08:38 AM Re: Blaine Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
pengraman Offline

We have stayed at the Blaine WM a couple of times. Both times, we had stellar rooms. Even had a great room on the top floor. The rooms were comfortable and up to date. The staff were wonderful. We love the little community and took many walks along the water to the Birch Bay State Park. We tried several coffee shops and the eatery next door. All were great. We even had a wonder dinner at Semiahmoo Resort. As 28 year veteran owners, Blaine WM is one of our personal favorites. Cheers!

Edited by pengraman (07/17/20 08:38 AM)

#58519 - 09/29/18 05:42 PM Re: Blaine Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
WIZ WORLD Offline

Loc: OR - Oregon
Just a quick take on this great resort(IMO) and our stay. I had always stayed at the WorldMark Birch Bay,which is next door.We have been member for 19 years and I would have this is very different Worldmark experience,in a good way.It has a old time feel of a grand hotel from back in the day...kind of...lol. I don't mean in a bad way, I think most would like it. I love the large openness of the living room and dinning space.The bedrooms were of Worldmark quality if not better than most.We found the older furniture added to the charm as well. Our room(406) had a great view of the bay for some of the best sunset set shot I've taken. The pool did get loud some nights as did one of the bars but,nothing too crazy. For the most part it lasted 2 or 3 minutes.I would not let that ever keep me from staying here over and over again.We always look to these 2 resorts when we need to be a hop skip and a jump to Canada. We know it will be a great stay.

#57341 - 11/22/16 05:23 PM Re: Blaine Resort Review [Re: trish36]
Wanderer Offline

My family has stayed several times at this resort. We have enjoyed every visit
Especially due to the great staff and their willingness to respond to all of our
requests. We really like the proximity to various locations in Canada, Vancouver.
We, also, like to visit Mt. Baker and several small communities close to Blaine.
Linden is a quaint community, but don't go on a Sunday as most of the shops are closed
Ferndale is an interesting community to visit. As to Canada, don't miss White Rock.

#56748 - 03/08/16 05:05 PM Re: Blaine Resort Review [Re: lamedog]
trish36 Offline

Wow...we stayed there last weekend and I had the exact opposite opinion so I would say they have made major changes since you were there. My RAVE about this place is that the pool is heated to 84 degrees! That is a BIG bonus because when you have kids, the pool is the biggest draw. I also felt that the staff was very nice - always greeting us and very attentive. We never had a problem with hearing roudiness from the bar either...but we were in the middle of the resort on the back side.

#56309 - 09/24/15 01:57 PM Re: Blaine Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
Grammy_Pammy Offline

We stayed at the Blaine Resort in September, 2015. I read some other negative reviews but like to form my own opinion as I am not picky. We stayed on the 4th floor, unit #416, and the restaurant was under us. Their exhaust fan was very loud, especially at night as we had to leave the windows open a crack as there is no air conditioning. There was a good view of the bay from our balcony and was probably better than most at the Birch Bay resort which is right next door. The room has privacy for 2 couples as they are at opposite sides of the unit and have their own bathroom. If you have 6 in the room someone would have to go through a bedroom to use the bathroom. The kitchen and bathrooms have been nicely updated. The bad parts: The hall carpet was stained (filthy) and should have been replaced years ago. The furniture in our unit was badly worn, we only had 5 dining room chairs for a unit that slept 6 and one of those old wooden chairs broke while we were there. The dresser drawers were old, they stuck so badly that we had difficulty pulling them out and in. There are 2 small BBQ's on the 5th floor and they were so terrible we complained. They looked like they were several years old, the handles were broken off and only half of the burners would light. I don't understand how Worldmark would not replace such a cheap investment right away when they took over the Raintree. I have a vacation home and I replace BBQ's every year and they don't see anywhere near as much use as these. We complained about the BBQ's and the manager said the handles had been broken by a wind storm. These BBQ's needed to be replaced well before the storm the week before so I did not appreciate that response.

#56024 - 06/21/15 12:47 PM Re: Blaine Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
DarrellTami Offline

Loc: Wenatchee, Wash
We stayed at The Sand Castle in Blaine over Memorial Day. The room was great and the staff was terrific. I will not ever stay there again however due to the idiotic decision to buy a condo with bars on both sides of the pool. It was loud at 1 am every night. The cops were called, something I found out was pretty common for these two bars. If you want to go to Blain, I would recommend the other resort.

#56000 - 06/14/15 09:16 PM Re: Blaine Resort Review [Re: ekeith]
lamedog Offline

Loc: Forest Grove, OR
We just returned from a 2 night stay in Blaine and can I just say BLAH... We had a three bedroom which was large and spacious, but the pillows on our beds were stained with what looked like chocolate. Our couch had unfinished wood sticking out from under it. Much of the furniture had huge dings and dents.

The front desk staff was not like any other WM personnel that we had every met before. Just kind of down.

The Bay was nice, the pool was cold and the resort was loud at night.

I doubt that we would stay there again

#55987 - 06/09/15 04:01 PM Re: Blaine Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
grouchette Offline

Fine stay, lots of low key stuff to do nearby, such as visiting Birch Bay & Semiahmoo State Parks (small fee for day use) where there are many walking paths, great views. Good food (tho a bit pricey) at CJ's Beach House a short walk away. If you go to British Columbia, White Rock is fun; so is a trip to the tiny community of Point Roberts, where you reenter the U.S. Lovely June weather brought out lots of bicyclers. Rooms are well appointed, with a kitchen I'd like to have at home. My 1-bedroom on the north side had a good balcony view out to the bay, just across the road. Don't miss the 5th floor rooftop deck for a full view over the bay to the west, and from the clubhouse, a perfectly framed 10,778-foot Mt. Baker.

#55758 - 03/31/15 03:42 PM Re: Blaine Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
vangies Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
My husband and I tried out the "Blaine" resort last month for a night since we plan to return in June with family. We did miss a few of the WM amenities like movie rental(desk staff said this was "coming") and grills on the deck. The pool has a great view looking out at the bay, nice for the sunset, even though the hot tub is small as previously mentioned.

#55755 - 03/30/15 03:06 PM Re: Blaine Resort Review [Re: ekeith]
bccruiser Offline

Loc: B.C.
Our recent stay at Worldmark Blaine ( checked in March 25, 2015) was a booking to compare it with Worldmark Birch Bay. The two resorts are no more than 60 yards apart, but they are different in many respects. These comments are not really meant to be criticisms, merely observations because we would not hesitate to return. Here is what we found:

Our emailed confirmation indicated a 10:00 a.m. check-out but the office staff insisted that it was 12:00 p.m. which would be consistent with other Worldmark resorts we stayed at. The pool hours are 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. and quiet time is from 10:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. The pool area is on the main floor and is quite spartan, i.e., no tables or umbrellas. I suppose this could be due to the time of year. The hot tub is tiny, maybe 3 times smaller than Birch Bay and there are no true jets, only small diameter outlet pipes with air pumped out with the water. As for the rooms, the 1 bedroom units face east which is away from the water. The sunrises can be spectacular. 😃. Worldmark has only 17 rooms here. The penthouses are on the 5th floor and one occupant of a PH told us they had to go outside first in order to get to a hallway that led to the elevator. We didn't confirm this. The hallways look institutional without paintings or some such on the walls. In our one bedroom unit the bedroom is lacking a mirror and we hung up our jackets in the bedroom because there was no closet in the vicinity of the entryway. The kitchen is where the washer/dryer are located; a closet in close proximity holds multi level vinyl shelves which would make a great pantry if one were staying a year. The furniture is dated and shows its age. Nice to see a good sized table in the kitchen. The toilet paper holder is perfectly positioned, something I've never seen in any other Worldmark unit. No need to be a contortionist in this bathroom. No BBQ on the patio. No underground parking. The front desk holds the towels for the pool. Other than the croaking frog orchestra from dusk to dawn the area is quiet. I always bring ear plugs when we travel and they have served me well. Staff are all Worldmark so are understandably pleasant and helpful. Great shopping at.....I think it's called Birch Bay Village although I could be wrong. It's right by the I-5 Birch Bay exit.

#55497 - 01/08/15 08:54 PM Re: Blaine Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
ekeith Offline

I have stayed at Blaine when it was with Raintree through an RCI exchange. It is much newer and cleaner. I really thought I preferred it but I will say this, there is no partial indoor pool which depending on the time of the year is important. The rooms are much smaller (but nicer) and there is an additional cost to stay there (even now that it is a Worldmark property). Depending on when I go I would stay at either of the resorts.

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.