Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Page 8 of 21 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 20 21 >
Topic Options
#9977 - 04/13/04 09:03 PM Questions and Comments for Coral Baja
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Have questions regarding this resort? Want to give someone kudos for the great story they shared in their Vacation Journal or for their awesome photo album? Do it here. Title your reply "Questions - Coral Baja," "Kudos: Journal - Coral Baja," or "Kudos: Photos - Coral Baja." This will make it easy to search this thread to find the questions and answers or respective kudos. Be sure to gibe us the username for your thank you.

Best Regards,

Vacation Forum Admin

Edited by Administrator (10/03/14 11:21 AM)

#54927 - 07/11/14 07:19 AM Re: Comments for Coral Baja...Time Share Salesmen!!! [Re: The Brooks]
FrednRox Offline

Loc: Bay Area, Cali
We too had good luck with timeshare presentations. The last one was the Wyndham at the Marina. The person who asked us to come said I know you aren't going to buy but just go. He gets paid and we get prizes. I asked for ATV, Swim with Dolphins and a bottle of tequila. He also said you guys are Worldmark owners with Travelshare, once you tell them that they know they can't sell you because you are allowed to stay here on exchange. We had a nice buffet and hassle free. But I have heard stories about people being locked up in rooms for our and threaten to not give gifts.

#54926 - 07/11/14 07:13 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: bobalou]
FrednRox Offline

Loc: Bay Area, Cali
Looking at picture online (Tripadvisor, etc.) it does look like it has a couch and then a murphy bed. Just no bedroom.

#54900 - 07/07/14 08:41 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: jbcoug]
bobalou Offline

Does the studio have a couch in the living area?

#54893 - 07/05/14 10:42 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: bobalou]
jbcoug Offline

Loc: Vancouver WA
The studios are fine. You won't have to crawl over anybody.

#54883 - 07/03/14 12:35 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
bobalou Offline

Anybody able to tell me how tight the studio room is in Coral Baja? The one in Blain, WA was so tight, when the murphy bed was down, one of us couldn't get to the bathroom without crawling over the other one in the bed. I'm hoping the studio in Coral isn't that tight.

#54844 - 06/24/14 07:39 PM Re: Comments for Coral Baja...Time Share Salesmen!!! [Re: The Brooks]
Pstreet1 Offline

It has nothing to do with your being blonde. You can be old or ugly or old and ugly and you'll still be propositioned. They take no for an answer; no need to become angry about it or to be disturbed by it. If you don't want to go, say no. Or you can accept and walk out with a good bit of cash. Your choice, but no tricks are necessary to avoid them: just say no, joke a little, say that's not how you want to spend your vacation, etc. , and keep walking.

Edited by Pstreet1 (06/24/14 07:43 PM)

#54833 - 06/23/14 11:59 PM Re: Comments for Coral Baja...Time Share Salesmen!!! [Re: rkhoffman]
The Brooks Offline

Loc: Cloverdale, BC Canada
This sounds like your first visit to Mexico....yes the timeshare "sharks" can be annoying BUT, we did attend two presentations and received $950 US for a couple hours of our time. We were up front and told them we were Worldmark Owners, but they insist that they want you to see their property. So the taxi ride was free, had a beautiful buffet breakfast at both and listened to their presentations, and walked out with $950 cash - not bad!!!!

#54828 - 06/23/14 07:45 PM Re: Comments for Coral Baja...Time Share Salesmen!!! [Re: ]
rkhoffman Offline

Loc: Oregon

This is your WARNING if you are online...

Once we arrived we were asked if anyone had contacted us about the Time Share Salesmen in the airport, Mega Store, etc. No one from the resort had warned us about this so we got stopped three times. The one at the airport was very sneaky...asking which time share we are staying and then directing us to the sales desk NOT the shuttle service. Then through one more set of doors and then other shuttle drivers wanted to take us to the resort even though we had prepaid for our shuttle service online prior to coming. Once we got through the crowd of people the correct shuttle driver did find us and had our names on his list of peoples to pick up.

This is how these Salesmen make their income so it is up to you if you want to tour another resort. Ours went so far as to tell us that WM had just built a new resort. Wrong! It ended up being the Cayman in San Jose and it has been open for a year. He tried to make us feel guilty for not taking he deal.

Then there was the Mega Store...they will help you shop and find whatever it is that you are looking for. Let me tell you they follow you around the store THEN they try and pull you into their deal at the sales booths at the end of registers. When we told him that we weren't interested he got upset. We were very tactful and polite, and he was not happy! Then outside we parked our basket and tried to head for our taxi driver and got hit by a third person while we were trying to get to our taxi. I was afraid of offending someone so I just kept saying "no thank you, we are good!" I thought the guy was going to get into the taxi with us. During our owner presentation they said just tell them "no thank you" be polite and keep moving.

DONT STOP to chat with them.

Then two days ago my hubby walked over the Mega Store and they didn't even look at him twice. I am blonde and we were told it is because we look good as a couple...hummm how to dress it down next time we come. wink

#54794 - 06/17/14 10:41 AM Re: Dental Work Enquiries [Re: ]
Kirps Offline

We have been to Coral Baja several times. During those times, some residents have advised that they have had various types of dental work done while on vacation.

If any of you have, could you please advise ie recommended dentists, quality and satisfaction.
Looking to get some implants and crowns for our son.
Thanks very much.

#54772 - 06/11/14 05:24 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
MrLee Offline

Does anyone know if Costco takes US debit cards?

#54753 - 06/10/14 09:50 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja - Contact Info [Re: CharLin]
The Brooks Offline

You are probably better going thru Owner Services at Worldmark.....We tried contacting the resort by email before we arrived and no one responded. The desk at the resort is very hesitant to do anything unless head office is involved. The manager is Ruben and he is very helpful so you could try sending an email directly to him.

#54751 - 06/10/14 06:58 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja - Contact Info [Re: CharLin]
fishmister Offline

Unless the main reservation line can notify the resort (1-800-457-0103). You have to make an international call.

See this link on the right hand margin you will find the address, phone and a link to the resort brochure.
https://www.worldmarktheclub.com/resorts/cb/

#54750 - 06/10/14 06:34 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja - Contact Info [Re: ]
CharLin Offline

Can someone give me contact information for Coral Baja. I have traded through RCI for a visit in a few weeks. I will only be staying 6 nights and am arriving the day after the 'normal' check-in day. I figure I need to notify someone of my late arrival, but am having a hard time finding an 800 number or an email address... If neither of those are available, a good phone number would be appreciated.

Thanks!

#54615 - 05/08/14 04:42 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: The Brooks]
Team cox Offline

Thanks Brooks your my hero. Im going to call tomorrow and get our rooms changed. The hot tub didnt seem all that necesary in 90 degree weather, especially when the hotel has nice ones on site.

Thanks again
Team Cox

#54614 - 05/08/14 03:24 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Team cox]
The Brooks Offline

We are at the Coral Baja right now so we have checked out the building you booked and I personally would not stay there. There is no view of the ocean or the pool and the busy highway is right behind you so it will be noisy. Not sure about the hot tub situation. But I would think they are open.

#54613 - 05/08/14 10:21 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
Team cox Offline

Team Cox just booked their first trip to CB for Aug. 28th - Sept. 7th (Start of huricane season but here's hoping). We booked a two bedroom unit on the main floor with a hot tub. I've read that these room have no ocean view and my wife is thinking about changing the room to a two bedroom with ocean view and no hot tub. My question is on the privacy of ground floor hot tubs. We have small children and are wondering if the hot tub area on the deck is privatly contained like a fence around it? Or is it open to the grounds?

Thanks
Team Cox

#54585 - 05/03/14 08:23 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: The Brooks]
tscott Offline

Loc: california
Re the credit card issue, I stayed at CB twice in the last 6 months, both times my and my guests had CC fraud and the only common use was CB. I notified both CB and Worldmark, was told there was nothing they could do. So I now plan on using a low-limit, seldom-used CC when I go back this year. I love CB and have been going there for 12 years, never had this problem before. Maybe if enough of us complain, something will be done. If you stay there, be sure to check your CC when you return home, on of my guests did not until I warned him to do so.

#54583 - 05/02/14 07:15 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: socialworker]
The Brooks Offline

I am surprised that Worldmark hasn't tightened up the rules regarding non-smokers having to tolerate second hand smoke. Even today at the pool there were people sitting in the middle of a row of 6 or 7 deck chairs smoking....little kids and babies were there too breathing it in.

#54582 - 05/02/14 02:42 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: The Brooks]
socialworker Offline

I so agree about the smoking problem at Cabo. Our first trip there in 2011 was glorious. Our last trip, in 2012 was virtually ruined by the smokers on the deck below us. Not only could we not use the deck of our 2 bedroom king, but we had to keep our sliders closed almost all the time. Haven't been back since.

#54571 - 04/30/14 06:25 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
The Brooks Offline

We are staying at the Coral Baja right now - haven't been back here for a few years and we are very impressed with the upgrades that have been made. However, I think Worldmark needs to improve with some guidelines regarding their smoking policies. Unfortunately, our deck is right next to smokers and we cannot sit outside to enjoy the sound of the surf (one of the main reasons we come here) without being subjected to cigarette and cigar smoke. I realize smokers have rights but so do non-smokers. Nowadays all resorts have designated smoking areas that do not include decks. Also, we have had some issues with our credit card being compromised since we left home and we are in the process of resolving it and it should be cleared up by tomorrow. However, when we checked in on Saturday we explained that to the front desk and asked if we could pay a cash deposit til things were cleared up but were told no. So now we can't even make a phone call from our room until we can use our credit card again.

#54563 - 04/27/14 12:26 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: jbcoug]
fishmister Offline

Originally Posted By: jbcoug
Keep in mind that the bank and transaction fees are constant, therefore, larger withdrawals are more efficient. You don't want to make many small withdrawals. I know it seems kind of scary withdrawing say 4000 pesos, but that is only a little over $300 most times. Anticipate your needs and make as large a withdrawal as possible.

Agreed. Also I realized any extra Pesos I had at the end of the trip could be used to pay the Resort tab and they will convert to US dollars at the market rate. Better off to get more than you need and cash it back in.

#54561 - 04/26/14 08:58 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Julie Crayford]
Mexicodiver27 Offline

Loc: Suburb of Denver
Yes,two for one on boat/beach drinks

#54555 - 04/25/14 09:10 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: jbcoug]
Julie Crayford Offline

do they still have Happy Hour around the pool

#54554 - 04/25/14 08:33 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Mexicodiver27]
jbcoug Offline

Keep in mind that the bank and transaction fees are constant, therefore, larger withdrawals are more efficient. You don't want to make many small withdrawals. I know it seems kind of scary withdrawing say 4000 pesos, but that is only a little over $300 most times. Anticipate your needs and make as large a withdrawal as possible.

#54537 - 04/22/14 08:33 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: fishmister]
Mexicodiver27 Offline

I think I will check with my bank and then try the ATM this time. 19 dollars is quite a bit.

#54517 - 04/18/14 01:35 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Mexicodiver27]
fishmister Offline

Yes, but the ATM will charge you fees.
I with drew about $100 dollars in pesos.
Fees:
VISA INTERNATIONAL SERVICE ASSESSMENT 1.04
My credit union charged: $1.50
The local bank charge around: $3 (it was in pesos)

** I went to one of the banks a crossed from Coral Baja and their ATM fees were pretty high. Can't remember their name. Then I went into Santander Bank ATM fees were much better. (both in same plaza)

If I had exchanged Dollars for Pesos at the resort I believe their exchange rate was 11.5 Pesos per dollar the ATM gave me ~13.5 Pesos per dollar. If I did my math correctly the resort would have given me 250 Pesos less = $19 Dollars.

But the opposite is true if you are getting rid of Pesos. Front desk will exchange pesos for dollars at market rate ~13.5 pesos per dollar.

Hope that helps.

#54516 - 04/18/14 09:03 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: jbcoug]
Mexicodiver27 Offline

Do you guys find using ATM's a better deal than exchanging dollars to pesos at the front desk?

#54494 - 04/11/14 04:05 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Jewel57]
jbcoug Offline

My one experience with my local bank a home was not very good. They gave me a much poorer rate than if I had just used an ATM, including the fees. I have used the bank ATM across the highway from Coral Baja satisfactorily, but right now they have two ATM's in Trader Dicks at the entrance toCoral Baja. Very handy.

#54493 - 04/11/14 03:07 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: fishmister]
Jewel57 Offline

Thank you for the response, planning on exchanging at my local bank b4 we leave but just in case we need more its nice to know. Thank You

#54490 - 04/11/14 09:59 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Jewel57]
fishmister Offline

Yes they do.
Exchange rate from Pesos - Dollars is market rate.
Exchange from Dollars - Pesos is less than market rate.

I got a better exchange rate by using the ATM a crossed the street.

I liked this app to help figure out what I was paying for things
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xe.currency

Page 8 of 21 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 20 21 >

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.