Who's Online
0 registered (), 26 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Topic Options
#1207 - 03/02/04 01:08 PM Orlando - Kingstown Reef - Resort Review
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Have you stayed at WorldMark Orlando - Kingstown Reef? Here's your chance to tell other WorldMark owners what it's really like. How big is the pool? How hot is the hot tub? What do you wish you had known before you left home?

#58651 - 01/17/19 06:08 PM Re: Orlando - Kingstown Reef - Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
jnkjames Offline

Loc: WA
We are thinking of staying at this resort but I have a question:
Are there any shuttles or busses from Kingstown Reef to WDW? I don't want to HAVE to rent a car if we are only going back/forth to WDW.

I know when we stay in Anaheim CA the city has a bus system (for a low fee) that takes you from all the local hotels/resorts to the gate at Disneyland. I am wondering if there is anything like that for WDW?

Appreciate any info you can give me!

#58150 - 02/21/18 10:39 AM Re: Orlando - Kingstown Reef - Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
Redhdgrl Offline

Loc: Virginia
Stayed at Kingstown Reef for only one night (January 25, 2018), but really enjoyed our stay and wished we were able to stay at least one other night. BONUS: There were no sales staff when we checked in and it was the quickest and easiest we have had! An onsite restaurant smelled great when we walked in to check in, but we did not eat there. The grounds were well manicured and the buildings looked clean. The 1 BR unit was clean, spacious and well stocked. The kitchen is small, but enough for our use. We could see the Disney fireworks from our room. A giant checker/chess board is near check in. The pool and hot tubs are just a very short walk between the buildings. We were only able to use the pool and hot tub in the late evening, but the hot tub was hot and clean, and the pool was heated just enough. Plenty of chaise lounges and beach towels were in unit under the bathroom sink. The resort is close enough to most of the attractions and there are a few restaurants and strip malls within walking distance. A Dunkin' Donuts and CiCi's Pizza were close by for cheap eats. We recommend the Indian restaurant in one of the strip malls (can't remember the name). Overall I would (and will) return here.

Edited by Redhdgrl (02/21/18 10:58 AM)

#56602 - 01/22/16 02:40 PM Re: Orlando - Kingstown Reef - Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
Pdouble Offline

We stayed here for school vacation week , Feb.15, 2015. Although there was construction underway and the elevator wasn't working; we still had an awesome time ( barring the initial move-In with luggage). The facility posted the construction warning and advised that the elevator would be not be operational during the stay.
This is a great location, close to many tourist sites and restaurants but a car is necessary unless you want to use public transportation, as places of interest are somewhat spread out. Close to the outlets, eateries and highways; minutes from the theme parks with minimal traffic. The resort was clean, empty! and spacious. We had the lobby areas, game room etc to share with only one other family. Many folks were coming in the day that we were leaving but our week was quiet. Although the kitchen was small, it's a full kitchen and wasn't a huge deal. The living room and bedrooms are comfortable with nice views. We will be there again 2017, God willing. It's an older location but quiet and tucked away.

#56502 - 12/14/15 07:37 AM Re: Orlando - Kingstown Reef - Resort Review [Re: maykepkep]
donlaxner Offline

Seems all Florida properties have this same training issue.....

Don't they realize how much we paid for credits and maintenance?

More training is needed in all Florida properties.

#56292 - 09/15/15 10:08 AM Re: Orlando - Kingstown Reef - Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
maykepkep Offline

Just recently came back from this nice resort. We were here 2 yrs ago (2013) and it seems like some of the furnitures were updated and the carpet was changed. Thumbs up! Everything about the resort we love. Location is great. Close to everything and yet quiet enough to get your good night's sleep after a long day at the theme park. The unit is spacious (except for the kitchen) and comfy. The resort's clean. Most of the staff are nice except for this one front desk personnel named Anne who was being snappy at me and getting irritated with my question. I was just asking her about the concierge's direct number but was too lazy to look it up. So instead she just kept telling me to call the front desk and I will be transfered. It's not like there was a line and she was busy. I was the only one there she was talking to and she couldn't even afford to give me her best customer service skills. I hope Worldmark stops hiring people that lack customer service skills because however fun our vacation was, you always remember stuff (bad service) like that. Kudos to Bening (front desk), John (worldmark timeshare associate), and Kaylee (concierge---sorry don't know how ho spell her name)...they were all very helpful and friendly.

#55649 - 02/21/15 08:55 AM Re: Orlando - Kingstown Reef - Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
jiggzt Offline

Just returned from this location. (2-13-15). Was disappointed overall and even angry I will not recommend this location. We had a 2 bedroom. The unit was set up nicely as far as furnishings. The kitchen was very small. Not a big problem for us. The only cupboard was awkwardly located so it is more than difficult to get anything out of it. Bad placement. Next, the bathroom. The tub faucet was falling off the wall and worst of all there was no hot water. Called the desk and was told no maintenance was there. Very low water pressure. Next... THE WORST. There are no washer and dryers in the units. There is 2 washer and dryers (located on the 2nd floor) for the whole place. Oh wait...there is another set located on the 5th floor. BUT...here's the best part...the elevator was not working. It was under construction. So we had to haul all the laundry up 2 or 5 flights of stairs because the elevator is not working. I was so angry at having to do laundry at 1 AM because they were continually full. Which leads me to the next problem the elevator. This is a five or six story building and there is no elevator. Not good. My next complaint is that there is no ministore, or any kind of simple grocery needs available. They need to have something that has snacks or soda or Band-Aids etc. If you do not have a car there is nothing close that could help you with those needs. They do have a soda machine but...it too was not working for what I wanted. So...for me...this was a BIG waste of my valuable points.

#50301 - 06/14/13 01:31 PM Re: Orlando - Kingstown Reef - Resort Review [Re: ]
steph7271 Offline

This was a fabulous resort. Probably one of the best ones I have stayed at and we have been to Maui, Windsor, Branson, Angels Camp, Big Bear, Estes Park etc. 15 mins to everything Disney and Universal. 5 mins from Sea World. We stayed in a 3 bedroom unit for 2 weeks. The unit had a bathroom for every bedroom which was fantastic. Each bedroom had it's own tv and there were 3 DVD players in the unit. Kitchen had everything but the stove only had 2 burners. If you are planning on using the kitchen like I was, you need to plan accordingly. Laundry was easy and convenient and staff provided more laundry soap upon request. Pools were heated and practically unoccupied along with the spas. It felt like our own personal oasis. BBQ's are near pool and gas so no need to buy charcoal. Grocery store is less than a mile away. The activity room in the main bldg has arcade games and a pool table but require $. That was a negative. Also, the grout in the bathroom was a little dirty (my husband griped) but I thought the entire unit was a 10, everything I expect Worldmark to be. The master bedroom even had a mini fridge (that was where we kept extra water, beer etc) and an extra sink. Every room had a table and chairs. This was perfect for the 10 and 11 year old girls we had to do their coloring etc. Ther room had 2 double beds in it and an area for doing makeup or hair. Perfect for them. There were also 3 balconys so the girls could eat their breakfast off thir own personal balcony. The only true disappointment was the sofa bed. I'm used to using the Murphy Beds in other Worldmarks and they are extremely comfortable. This resort uses sofa beds and you could feel every spring in the very thin mattress. We pulled our bedspread off of our bed, folded it up and put it under the sheets on the sofabed to make it slightly more comfortable. It was still pretty lousy, though. We were there from Memorial Day until June 8th. It was hot and rainy in Florida. A tropical storm put off a couple of days in the theme parks but overall the experience was great. Parks were crowded though. If you are looking for good restaurants, I highly recommend Flippers Pizzs. My Italian brother-in-law said it was the best he'd had.

#50007 - 04/14/13 09:20 AM Re: Orlando - Kingstown Reef - Resort Review [Re: tkcakes]
Catster Offline

Loc: Oregon, United States
Thank you for this review!! I was reading the earlier ones and it didn't sound good. Since it was over Spring break, did you find it extremely crowded?

#49989 - 04/08/13 02:33 PM Re: Orlando - Kingstown Reef - Resort Review [Re: ]
tkcakes Offline

Wow, we just stayed here and we LOVED it!!! My husband was in town on business for 2 weeks so my daughters and I came out for spring break week. We were in downtown Disney Wed night and we decided to go and look at Reunion since it was also available. Well we drove and drove and drove finally making it to reunion. Then we were hassled a little at the check in kiosk out front but they let us in to take a look. We again drove and drove finally making to the round a bout where we went around and out. This property is just toooooo far from Disney for our tastes. That night we called and booked Kingston reef for the next three nights so we would be closer to Disney from my husbands hotel near the airport. We checked in Thursday evening and we stayed in the Gables (I think). One King in master and two twins in 2nd bedroom. This was a beautiful unit, very well designed. The grounds are lovely and the pictures of the worldmark website didn't really do it justice. I think the pools and hot tubs were very nice as well as the BBQ area. I went to the nearby Publix market (great deals BOGO and Disney stuff) and note their hours 7 am to 11pm. Since there are so many resorts around I thought they might be open later. There are many many nearby restaurants too. One other nice perk is that this property is just down the street from the Orlando Premium Outlets. We were lucky enough to hit the Vera Bradley 50% off the entire store, we went back a second time to make sure we got all that we wanted! They also have a discount Disney store that I have found things at before but this time there wasn't anything I or the girls wanted. The proximity of Kingston Reef to Disney is amazing. We left Epcot after the fireworks at 9:15 and we were in the hot tub by 9:35, thats how I like to end my day at Disney. The staff was very welcoming and friendly. Unfortunately the resort doesn't offer a discount on any park tickets in fact they charge you a $5 service fee on each ticket, come on Worldmark, really? We bought our tickets at the gate no big deal. You can also buy them at Walmart near Universal on the other side of the convention center south on Hwy 4 they also have souvenirs their too.
The laundry wasn't an issue either. We were able to find open machines and did the laundry while we were in the hot tub. The kitchen was more than adequate for our needs and they have everything you expect at any worldmark resort. We thought the beds were more than a little hard but to each his own. After Disney youre so tired you'll sleep on a rock if you have to. We had trouble locating the trash bins outside (it was dark when we left) so I just brought the tied bag to the office on our way out, no big deal. Wish we could have spent more time there during the day but this trip was all about Disney with the kids. Next time, it will be me and the hubs (he will be back there in Sept for 2 wks) so hopefully we will be able to check in here again, I thought it was just great!!!!!! We've been to a lot of worldmark properties and this ranks up there along with Kihei, Maui and Anaheim.

#49969 - 04/04/13 08:21 AM Re: Orlando - Kingstown Reef - Resort Review [Re: ]
cotraveller Offline

Loc: Colorado
We spent a week in a 2 bedroom unit at the Kingstown Reef resort in March, 2013 and since there have been no reviews since 2011 here's a brief update. We had stayed at the resort previously a few years ago and it seems like nothing significant has changed. The resort is not fancy, but it is comfortable. We had no problems with our unit and housekeeping seems to have done a good job. If there were any planned activities at the resort we didn't notice them.

As previous reviews have noted, the kitchen is small with limited countertop and cabinet space, but it does have everything you might need. Same for the dining area which has a small round table and 4 chairs even though the max occupancy is listed at 6. The master bedroom is nice sized and unlike most WorldMark resorts, it has a heavy drape on the window so you don't have to contend with early morning light. We thought the bed was comfortable but everyone has different tastes in that regards. The second bedroom is large, with 2 full sized beds, a kitchenette, and full bath.

One thing that has changed since our last visit to the resort is that they now have a sales desk. They want you to sign up for a tour of the new WorldMark Reunion resort. We declined and they were not pushy about it. Maybe sales is calming down a little at the resorts.

#44970 - 04/16/11 11:05 AM Re: Orlando Resort Review [Re: realgoodman]
wolseyfam Offline

Pretty resort, really nice pool. Front desk didn't know about the internet, so we had to explain it to them and get them to give us the bag.

Having to share the washer and dryer wasn't fun, but it worked out.

The condo itself was fine, except for the shower head which you couldn't adjust.

#44821 - 03/30/11 12:45 PM Re: Orlando Resort Review [Re: eyegirl]
realgoodman Offline

Loc: Rio Rancho, NM
Originally Posted By: eyegirl
We just got back from an 11-day stay at Worldmark Orlando. It was terrific! Check-in was a breeze. Our condo was on the third floor but there were elevators.
Although it was just the two of us, we booked a 2 bedroom since that was all that was available! The kitchen was horrible, as stated earlier. There was no cabinet space, not set up well, no water or ice in door of fridge. But as always, we managed.
The master bedroom was roomy enough. The bed was so soft that we slept in the second bedroom for most of the nights (because it hurt our backs!).
The second bedroom had 2 full sized beds, a small table and chairs,a balcony, a small fridge/sink and its own bath. It was PERFECT.
We found the people at the front desk to be very polite. The laundry rooms were on 3 of the 5 floors, with 2 washers and dryers each. We didn't have trouble getting a machine, although it would have been nice if the other guests were more considerate in taking out their stuff when finished!
We would ABSOLUTELY stay at this resort again.

As far as Disneyworld....what can be said...it is the "happiest place on earth"!

Ha Ha. We ran into the same problem. The first few days we were there, no one (and I mean NO ONE) seemed to be using them. Every time we walked by them, they weren't being used. On the day we actually decided to do laundry, seems everybody was using them. And you were right, they would just leave their stuff in their until they were good and ready to come and get it. Then of course, after we finished, nobody seemed to be doing laundry the days after.

#44345 - 02/09/11 05:07 PM Re: Orlando Resort Review [Re: realgoodman]
eyegirl Offline

Loc: az
We just got back from an 11-day stay at Worldmark Orlando. It was terrific! Check-in was a breeze. Our condo was on the third floor but there were elevators.
Although it was just the two of us, we booked a 2 bedroom since that was all that was available! The kitchen was horrible, as stated earlier. There was no cabinet space, not set up well, no water or ice in door of fridge. But as always, we managed.
The master bedroom was roomy enough. The bed was so soft that we slept in the second bedroom for most of the nights (because it hurt our backs!).
The second bedroom had 2 full sized beds, a small table and chairs,a balcony, a small fridge/sink and its own bath. It was PERFECT.
We found the people at the front desk to be very polite. The laundry rooms were on 3 of the 5 floors, with 2 washers and dryers each. We didn't have trouble getting a machine, although it would have been nice if the other guests were more considerate in taking out their stuff when finished!
We would ABSOLUTELY stay at this resort again.

As far as Disneyworld....what can be said...it is the "happiest place on earth"!

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.