Who's Online
0 registered (), 33 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#34531 - 10/27/08 03:31 PM Anaheim Resort Review
editor Offline

Have you stayed at Anaheim? Here's your chance to tell other owners what it's really like. How big is the pool? How hot is the hot tub? What do you wish you had known before you left home?

#58284 - 04/24/18 04:50 PM Re: Anaheim Resort Review [Re: mejia89]
SoniCido Offline

Loc: Arizona
Anaheim was really pushy with me and told me that attending an interview was "required" I laughed and told them to show me where I signed. She was really pushy!
Phoenix S. Preserve resort is also super pushy. I checked in late one night and the concierge tried to force me into a class when I wasn't going to have time. I finally had to get pushy back but now I've learned to agree, sign up, and then not show up.

I would never have become an owner of I'd known that I'd be harassed at the resorts.

You can also find me at: http://www.myspace.com/sonicido

#58115 - 02/08/18 08:14 AM Re: Anaheim Resort Review [Re: oregonlamb]
Living4Him Offline

Loc: California
When you log into forum the third listing from top is a location owners can list rentals/exchanges.
Good luck.

#58110 - 02/05/18 04:17 PM Re: Anaheim Resort Review [Re: editor]
oregonlamb Offline

Loc: Oregon
Hello! I would like a quickie trip to Anaheim (haven't laid down dates yet), but see there are no weekends in April. Is there a place where folks list reservations they are willing to swap? Or is that a verboten topic?

#58083 - 01/16/18 12:24 PM Re: Anaheim Resort Review [Re: editor]
cougsmom Offline

Loc: Washington State
Can anyone tell me if the 3 bedroom units have 3 bathrooms or at least 2.5 baths?

#57999 - 11/04/17 10:36 PM Re: Anaheim Resort Review [Re: editor]
mejia89 Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
I was booked at the Anaheim Resort in August 2017 along with my 2 yr old grandson for 2 nights. The resort is really nice and as described by the other owners. However, the maintenance on the property is a little lacking. Nothing severe but needs to be addressed. I spoke to one of the maintenance crew and pointed out that there was a dead bird near the pool area. Hours went by and the issue had not been addressed. The next morning I was scheduled to hear an update on Worldmark's new changes....or so they said. Well, I went to the meeting and never got any information on changes within Worldmark. Instead I was badgered for 2 hours to update my ownership to add this Travel Share crap to my ownership. After telling the agent I was newly retired, and getting my budget together many times and did not come to Anaheim to buy more points that I would not use, she went and brought her manager to speak to me. The man was down right rude, condicending, unprofessional and beligerent. The sales woman was politely AGGRESSIVE. I've been to several of these sales meetings and have NEVER been treated so horribly. I was even asked "why do you keep coming back here?" told "I'll just take you out of the system". I felt threatened. I was clueless about what he was talking about but made sure I filed complaints all the way up the chain to Worldmark. Needless to say, I was finally released from the HOSTAGE SALES PRESENTATION. I allowed my grandson to take his nap, then we checked out of the timeshare early and drove back home. I informed the front desk of our experience and they were shocked. DO NOT GO TO ANAHEIM'S SALES PRESENTATION NO MATTER WHAT THEY TELL YOU. THEY ARE LIARS, AGGRESSIVE AND UNPROFESSIONAL. They will lie to you to get you to go to their presentation, even hold your parking pass hostage until you say yes. And require you to give them a $20 deposit for the lousy breakfast they provide. I was followed to my car so the agent could collect the $20 deposit. Save your time and frustration. I submitted a bad review in the questionnaire that was sent to me by email. I nice representative called me regarding the issues I listed. She was stunned by what I was telling her happened in the sales office. I was given some compensation to make up for the unprofessionalism of the sales staff but it didn't make up for my grandson's vacation time that he lost.

I subsequently stayed at Dophin's Cove last month (October). Very nice resort. But I was offered gifts to go listen to "updates" to Worldmark/Wynham's program. When they told me I would have to go to the Anaheim resort, I politely handed back their gifts and said no way. They questioned why. I told them of my experience at Anaheim and they promised I would get what they promised and would call the resort and speak to the manager. In fact they told me the sales office had been cleared of the aggressive sales people and I'd have no problem and be there no more than a 1/2 hour. So off I went to Anaheim. I got a very nice but very aggressive sales lady who I kept telling "I'm not buying anything". I was there 2 hours and finally had to stand up and tell her I'm done, thank you for your time, my grand child has had enough and so have I. The Anaheim sales team is like hungry, blood sucking vulchers. Stay away from their sales presentation. All they want is for you to buy the travel share program. It's nothing but lining their pockets with more money.

The Anaheim resort is nice. Huge children's pool, play area, and nice adult pool area. It's worth the stay. However, stay away from those sales presentations no matter what they offer you.

#57851 - 07/29/17 07:12 AM Re: Anaheim Resort Review [Re: editor]
beverlyp9 Offline

Loc: Washington
My sister and I just spent a week in July 2017 at this resort to attend Disney's D23 Expo and a few days at Disneyland and California Adventures.

We flew into LAX because it was less expensive than John Wayne Airport, even after adding Super Shuttle. However, if you arrive during rush-hour (like we did), be prepared for the traffic.

We arrived after 4 p.m., so check-in was a snap. The lobby is huge with even a bell desk nearby, although it wasn't manned when we arrived. There were lots and lots of luggage carts to use. We had to get through the sales desk, but after only four firm "noe's", we were on our way.

We stayed in a two-bedroom on the 7th floor (of 14 floors) which gave us a great view of the fireworks and the pool. The 'balcony' was a little fenced ledge for standing only, although it appeared the presidential units may have real balconies. The unit was what we are accustomed to for a WorldMark, everything in the unit worked well, fully stocked with cookery and cutlery and the beds were hard frown. The only disappointment with the room was that the AC could not be adjusted lower than 68 degrees and there was only one control for the entire unit. No ceiling or portable fans to help cool the rooms.

We took Uber and Lyft to Vons for groceries and to the Anaheim Convention Center for the expo. We walked to the nearby restaurants of which there are plenty. We used bus #8 for transportation to/from Disneyland, California Adventures, and downtown Disney for $5.50 for an all-day adult pass. The passes are dispensed from a machine in the lobby. The bus picked us up just outside the WorldMark.

There were three small pools or Jacuzzi's in addition to the large main pool. Plenty of towels and chairs/loungers in the mid-afternoon. Families pretty much took over the pools in the evenings. The BBQs were situated in a far corner of the pool area. I really miss the one-hour, adult-only pool time.

This is a nice, well-maintained and relatively updated property and I would stay again.

#57788 - 06/30/17 07:35 PM Re: Anaheim Resort Review [Re: editor]
sdbeachmom Offline

Loc: California
Clean and roomy. Great views The shuttle for the city pulls up front and drops you at a Disney. There a restaurants within walking distance. Had a 2/2. A very busy resort bc of location. Sales team got to me after a 12 hour drive and gave me a gift of a brochure off the wall. I wish there was a different approach to "updates".

#57291 - 11/01/16 11:51 AM Re: Anaheim Resort Review [Re: artrobi]
hlander Offline

Anaheim resort slightly closer both short ride by ART bus

#57290 - 11/01/16 11:49 AM Re: Anaheim Resort Review [Re: editor]
hlander Offline

Stayed at Anaheim resort 10/13/16 to 10/20/16 very friendly front desk smooth check in for me. Did hear from nephew who has the same name as me that at first they would not let him and his family into their room, until I arrived. Even though I had booked the room in his name. long story short manger called and was allowed to go to room. Booked two two bed room suits. The rooms were side by side and had a good view of Disneyland and fireworks. Rooms very clean well maintained up to the standards I am use to a WorldMark resorts. Got a call later first night asking how every thing was and if there was anything we needed. Walked the first day to Disney and back after that used city bus which came to the resort about three times an hour. Rented a car office half block from resort. When I got my greeting package was pressed to go to owner up day had to be firm and say no thank you many times still got a call mid week stating they had me scheduled for an up date at 11 am. I stated to the person on the phone I would not be there as I was going to Disney last I heard from them.
Overall had a good time and will stay there again.

#56728 - 03/03/16 08:23 PM Re: Anaheim Resort Review [Re: editor]
Hawksfan1 Offline

We are trying to find the limo service we used about 5 years ago when we went to Anaheim. The service was owned by a worldmark owner and it was a great option for airport transportation. Does anyone have any information about this service?

#56587 - 01/18/16 01:52 PM Re: Anaheim Resort Review [Re: mrsjoylies]
Icc5 Offline

Loc: Cupertino, California
We don't mind driving and love to go eat at the restaurant at Knoxbury Farms. They have unbelievable chicken and other great food. The drive really isn't that far or take long unless stuck in the traffic. You don't have to go into the park to go to the restaurant.
Bart

#56583 - 01/17/16 02:52 PM Re: Anaheim Resort Review [Re: nuna]
mrsjoylies Offline

Originally Posted By: nuna
I was wondering what do you think of the taxes that we have to pay in Anaheim Resort? I mean we pay a lot for maintenance and and the points. Why do we have to pay for the taxes on the rooms? For a 3 bedroom presidential was $174 a night.

The room tax is in not a Worldmark/Whyndam thing but an Anaheim city requirement.

#56582 - 01/17/16 02:49 PM Re: Anaheim Resort Review [Re: autmseas]
mrsjoylies Offline

Originally Posted By: autmseas
Why is there not other info here like eating and what to do with kids. like all the other resorts, really would like help.TY

WM-Anaheim is about a block away from the GardenWalk shopping center (http://www.anaheimgardenwalk.com/)which has several restaurants to choose from as well as plenty of shopping.

Disneyland is about a mile away. If you don't want to go to Disney but want a "Disney" experience Downtown Disney is accessible without park admission and has many restaurants to choose from as well as a Lego store, a build a bear store, a build a toy car store and lots of other fun shops. They have several great nightlife/restaurants too. Noteworthy for us we're Earl of Sandwich for lunch ($/$$) and Naples for an amazing pizza ($$/$$$). The rainforest café is in Downtown Disney too and its always fun for kids!

There is also the beach nearby and about 65 miles away is LEGOLAND. If your willing to make the 1.5hr trek to San Diego the San Diego Zoo is great.

The resort also offers Thursday Night family movie night as well as other fun activities for kids and families throughout the week. Just ask the staff what activities they have planned while your staying there.

#56580 - 01/17/16 02:07 PM Re: Anaheim Resort Review [Re: editor]
mrsjoylies Offline

Just got back from Anaheim. What a great trip!

Before we left, I was in contact with WM-Anaheim as it was our first trip there and we weren't sure what to expect. The lady that I spoke to was very helpful and gave me lots of useful info. She did recommend to fly into Orange County/John Wayne Airport (SNA) rather than LAX as it is much closer.

The lady let us know that they did not have airport transportation but recommended SuperShuttle (The Blue Van). I found a coupon online for them so I booked round trip transportation for our party of 4 for about $80. Communication from the SuperShuttle was great. They texted me the day before my flight as a reminder, then I received update/directional texts from them as we prepared to land. I was very impressed with their promptness and accuracy. I will use them again in the future for sure.

The lady also let me know that Von's (Safeway) delivered groceries so we could order through Von's and they would deliver to WMA without a problem. She also let me know if we were not in the room when they delivered they would hold the groceries for us until we got back to the resort. Orders placed to Von's before 8:30am can be delivered within an hr. You can get your first delivery from them free on their website. (Von's, Walmart and Super Target are all under 2 miles away and you can hop on a shuttle to get to them if you need to.)

She shared that they did not have transportation to Disneyland (our reason for the trip) but that we could walk or take the city shuttle if we did not have transportation. During our trip we chose to walk. It really wasn't a bad walk at all. We walked day 1 and day 2 both ways but took the shuttle to Disney on our 3rd day but had to walk back as the shuttle stops running from Disneyland at 9:30pm. The shuttle is $5 all day for adults and $2 for kids. You can buy the shuttle tickets in the lobby.

We arrived on a Tuesday around 11am and we were expecting to have to have the resort store our luggage (which they had let us know previously that if you arrive before 4pm check-in they will hold your luggage free of charge so that you can be on your way) but we were very blessed that our room was ready!

They have a quaint little gift shop where you can buy souvenirs and basic essentials. They also have Disneyland tickets available to purchase if you choose to go there as well as tickets to other places if your looking to do something other than Disney. (We bought ours before hand at Safeway so we could get the gas points.)

We stayed in a 2 Bedroom (SN) and it was spacious and nicely laid out. They had all the utensils and essentials needed in a kitchen. They had paper towels, dish soap, dishwasher detergent, and even laundry soap to get you started. We did not spend much time in our room as we spent all our time at Disneyland but enjoyed how "homey" it felt. The master bedroom had a HUGE bed in it and the bathroom was spacious. The 2nd room had twin beds and was perfect for the others in our party. The main bathroom held the washer and dryer and was spacious. (The washer and dryer are not full sized.)

The staff was very helpful and were pleasant throughout the trip. On check in I was sent to receive my "welcome packet" which had a lot of great information but also included a "review of my membership" breakfast. Translation: Upgrade Sales Pitch. I accepted as it was early enough to not interfere with "precious park time" and they were offering a $75 gift card as well as breakfast. The breakfast was fine. The pitch was short but the persistence was slightly frustrating. The sales staff was very nice and we thought it was a great offer but we weren't ready to commit. They ended up putting us in the position where we felt obligated to review more offers and "see if it'll work" 3.5 hours later my husband was frustrated and just wanted to leave. We left but had to meet with them again in the morning to review one last offer. We declined as we we're "over it" and they were ok with that. By the time we got home our sales experience was a distant memory and all we have left are our wonderful memories of Disneyland.

All that to say, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and are already trying to plan another trip back there in October.

#56261 - 09/08/15 07:10 AM Re: Anaheim Resort Review [Re: editor]
NLDMNOP Offline

We just spent our weekend there
Most of the staff were true professionals. Maintenance is falling behind and for the pool to have ñi towels at 1 pm seems off. I would happily recommend WM to anyone that asks

#55769 - 04/03/15 12:31 PM Re: Anaheim Resort Review [Re: editor]
autmseas Offline

Why is there not other info here like eating and what to do with kids. like all the other resorts, really would like help.TY

#55689 - 03/05/15 06:17 PM Re: Anaheim Resort Review [Re: kenzbarbie]
jcharles Offline

I have stayed in the 2 bedroom presidential unit. It is much nicer and larger than the regular 2 bedrooms. I believe the balcony is the same. We did not have a view of Disneyland, but then I made the reservation just a few months before our stay. If the balcony was larger, I believe I'd remember.

#55586 - 02/04/15 01:51 PM Re: Anaheim Resort Review [Re: jac7377]
Freeze17 Offline

Originally Posted By: jac7377
Funny how if you stay at the Dolphins Cove, you are not charged the tax. They are in the same city. Why you pay at one and not the other!

I wonder if it doesn't have to do with one being part of the Anaheim Tourism Improvement District (ATID) and the other not. I believe the tax is specific to those hotels that fall within the specific zones. Here is an article: http://www.anaheim.net/articlenew2222.asp?id=1439

#55579 - 02/03/15 08:54 PM Re: Anaheim Resort Review [Re: nuna]
jac7377 Offline

Loc: Washington, USA
Funny how if you stay at the Dolphins Cove, you are not charged the tax. They are in the same city. Why you pay at one and not the other!

#55508 - 01/15/15 10:21 AM Re: Anaheim Resort Review [Re: editor]
kenzbarbie Offline

I am looking to book an Anniversary Trip to Anaheim and was wondering if anyone can tell me about the 2-Bedroom Presidential Suite, specifically does it have a balcony? Or is it just more of an updated normal 2-bedroom? We have stayed many times and have only seen the 3 or 4 bedroom presidential suite on tours.

Thanks in advance!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.