Who's Online
0 registered (), 33 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Topic Options
#3308 - 03/09/04 08:06 PM Birch Bay Resort Review
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Have you stayed at Birch Bay? Here's your chance to tell other owners what it's really like. How big is the pool? How hot is the hot tub? What do you wish you had known before you left home?

#58963 - 11/16/19 06:07 AM Re: Birch Bay Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
lindaj Offline

We stayed at Birch Bay in October, 2019. The staff is so nice. They do want you to listen to an update!!! But, they were better than most, when we said no.
The pool was inside and outside, and was lovely.
The staff knew where we were headed next, and that we loved to hike, so they told the next Worldmark to have some hikes ready for us, and they did! That was above and beyond and we appreciated it.
We did some hikes in the area and some drives. It is very quiet at that time of year and we enjoyed that.
It is a nice location, in town, and most rooms probably have a view of the bay.

#58826 - 06/06/19 08:15 AM Re: Birch Bay Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
beverlyp9 Offline

Loc: Washington
We spent three nights here in June 2019, our first time at this resort. I love that WorldMark keeps our properties in good condition, I was disappointed that we picked a time when there would be workers putting up wrap and siding on the buildings. Sigh! The noise was horrible and one night they worked until 6 p.m. We could close the window and balcony door to keep the noise down, but we would have gotten too warm in the room as there is no AC. It seems that in June the town is still on "winter hours" as everything was shut down except for some local/full-time restaurants. The go-kart place was open only on weekends, which we missed.

We had a two-bedroom unit which was roomy and all was in working order and in good repair. The front desk staff was very pleasant. Loved that they made popcorn every evening! Would recommend that the plastic slatted balcony blinds be changed for quieter ones. They make too much noise if there is a breeze and the slider door is left open for fresh air.

OK, the worse thing was the "update." Recently WorldMark has eased up on the "pressure sales." Our recent experiences is that when we say "no" a couple of times then we all leave still friends. Not here! I do like the updates because sometimes I learn something new about how to best use our ownership. However, at Birch Bay we never received an update although that's what we agreed to attend. Jason was a new sales rep and very nice, but he must not have been doing a good enough job because Sarah, the manager, took over the sale and started pressing us in a not-so-friendly tone why we didn't use the credit card, why we didn't use our points for this or that, and so on. We tried to be polite, but Sarah was confrontational. Finally, we just had it and said we were leaving. Never did get the update!

Previously stayed: WorldMark Anaheim; WorldMark Bend - Seventh Mountain Resort; WorldMark Birch Bay; WorldMark Depoe Bay; WorldMark Gleneden; WorldMark Kihei; WorldMark Lake Tahoe; WorldMark Las Vegas Blvd; WorldMark Leavenworth; WorldMark Long Beach; WorldMark New Orleans – Avenue Plaza; WorldMark San Diego - Mission Valley; WorldMark San Francisco; WorldMark Schooner Landing; WorldMark Seaside; WorldMark Seattle – The Camlin; WorldMark Spencer Street; WorldMark Tropicana; WorldMark Victoria; Wyndham Grand Desert; Wyndham’s Kingsgate; Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort.

#58079 - 01/11/18 03:35 PM Re: Birch Bay Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
nsukmka Offline

We stayed at the Birch Bay resort in September of 2017. Resort was nice; the town literally shuts down for the winter, though. Many restaurants, attractions, etc were already closed for the season by mid-September. Close proximity to Canada was a plus...a bit different than going through say, the Mexican border, but Vancouver was wonderful. Spent most of our time away from the area around the resort because of nothing to do. One thing I wish the front desk had warned us about: speed limit on the waterfront road where the resort is located is 25 MPH and strictly enforced. Got a speeding ticket...although I do think that this had something to do with the fact that my rental car had California plates. All in all, will probably not visit Washington again anytime soon. Will just go directly to Canada instead of staying three miles from the border in Washington.

#58029 - 11/26/17 03:16 PM Re: Birch Bay Resort Review [Re: dp1623]
gabent Offline

I can relate to the pressure
My husband, daughter and son in law and I went there for Thanksgiving. On Thanksgiving Day we went to a "owner workshop" etc.
By the time we got out of there we had purchased more credits. GO FIGURE

To say the least, my daughter was very unhappy, because 5 hours went by..........
I should have realized how the update would go.........

#57054 - 07/15/16 12:44 PM Re: Birch Bay Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
dp1623 Offline

Went there in April with my mother and sister. checking in was fine, but, then you have to get your parking pass... Well, let me tell you... After telling her I wasn't interested, I was there for 1 night only, with my elderly mother and sister, and NO they aren't interested in the owners workshop, no thank you, I've been the last couple of stays, no thank you. I'm not interested to about the 8th time "I said NO THANK YOU, I'm NOT interested!!". She finally stopped, and looked abashed that I would be so rude. I have NEVER been pressured like that before. How dare they treat WM owners that way. Left a really bad taste in my mouth. not sure I'll go back to Birch Bay, and may NEVER go to another owner workshop...

#57029 - 07/12/16 06:49 PM Re: Birch Bay Resort [Re: brendac]
traveling4fun Offline

Loc: Tacoma, Wa, USA

I was looking forward to spending some time here as our family likes to just get away to places that are close just so we can have a little vacation time.
But...We have a large amount of time set up for Dec 2016 But cannot use it. It is a one bedroom Dec 18-Dec 26 2016 Will rent at drastically reduced points. Plus if you want to advertise credits, and vacations don't forget to go to WM4M on the forum list. You can take part or all of the vacation and then give a review yourself! To negotiate send a Private Message PM. I'll just have to add your name to the check-in.

#55861 - 04/24/15 03:07 PM Re: Birch Bay Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
oxbow666 Offline

My wife and I stayed in the handicap room and the towel rack fell off the fireplace didn't work, the stove was not working properly one of the elements had to be replaced. Oh yeah the clothes washer stopped working and there was something wrong with the food disposal in the sink. It was the room from Hell. I complained to the corporate people and did not like the stupid answer I got. Oh yeah they charge for WI Fi and I was told the members voted on this, another BS answer. WE stayed in late September. I went back a second time in February the four of us this time different room but the TV tuning is a joke we had to ask for assistance once again and it took two of the maintenance people to get it squared away, they had to cannibalize equipment from another room.

#55564 - 02/01/15 05:53 AM Re: Birch Bay Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
lindaj Offline

We stayed there over MLK's birthday weekend. We were in a three bedroom unit - with our adult children and my mother. It was great! It is a cute little town, with a great walking path. The water is right across the street (to look at). I asked at the desk for a drive to take with my mom (no hiking for her), and they told us about Chuckanut Drive which was fun and scenic. Very helpful.
We have stayed at West Yellowstone (going there again March 1-6 to ride in the snow coaches!), Kihea (going there again in June), Birch Bay, Victoria, Running Y, Kona, Kauai, Surfside (WA), Steamboat Springs, currently at Eagle Crest! Very happy with my Worldmark membership.

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.