Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Page 14 of 21 < 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 20 21 >
Topic Options
#9977 - 04/13/04 09:03 PM Questions and Comments for Coral Baja
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Have questions regarding this resort? Want to give someone kudos for the great story they shared in their Vacation Journal or for their awesome photo album? Do it here. Title your reply "Questions - Coral Baja," "Kudos: Journal - Coral Baja," or "Kudos: Photos - Coral Baja." This will make it easy to search this thread to find the questions and answers or respective kudos. Be sure to gibe us the username for your thank you.

Best Regards,

Vacation Forum Admin

Edited by Administrator (10/03/14 11:21 AM)

#48314 - 07/23/12 08:59 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
FrednRox Offline

Loc: Bay Area, Cali
We books a 1 Bedroom Deluxe for Aug 4 - 11. Can you tell me if these rooms have a view of the pool. We've stayed there before and I believe we had a 1 BR Deluxe with a view of the pool. But I'm confused with which building these are in.

#48312 - 07/23/12 08:43 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
roesle5 Offline

Coral Baja is a well kept and comfortable resort. Join in the water exercises and meet new people. It's a very fun workout! The grounds are pretty and the units (we've always had 2-BR when we were there)nicely decorated. Walk to Zippers for good food and beer. Mama Mia's is a bit iffy. Brunch was awful; Karaoke nite was fun, but the food was not recommendable.

#48284 - 07/16/12 04:16 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: jcharles]
ZeusNike Offline

Loc: British Columbia
It total agreement with above. There is a very nice swimming beach a few minutes walk south of the resort - usually almost no people on the beach there either which is nice. We are not huge fans of Cabo San Lucas, busier, hotter, and more touristy than San Jose in our opinion. We will go in at least once or twice per trip for nighlife or an activity but would prefer to head to San Jose del Cabo. The town is charming and has some fabulous restaurants (and Shooters Bar - $1 beers and they show Canucks hockey games!). San Jose is not a bad walk from the Coral Baja if you are into walking - maybe half an hour or so depending on how quickly you walk. You can also walk along the beach to Presidente then head up and walk along the estuary to town - a very nice walk. Cabs are cheap from the CB to San Jose as well, was around $7 as I recall in March - not positive as we always use Pesos so depends on the exchange rate. We do occasionally rent a car but would prefer not. Might want a margarita or a beer or something! Love the Coral Baja - it is our home away from home!

#48256 - 07/10/12 09:08 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: sbasar]
jcharles Offline

[b][/b]Actually there is a great swimming beach within walking distance of the resort. There is a public bus stop right across the road from the resort. We rode the bus into Cabo. To be truthful we enjoyed San Jose better than Cabo, so we loved the location of our resort. Personally, I would not want to do much driving - although many have written that it isn't any problem - I'd rather leave the driving to the locals. All tours come right to the resort to pick you up, Taxi's for the close trips, and the bus for the long trips - stress free and cheaper. Have a great trip!

#48254 - 07/10/12 04:58 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: boomthd]
Pstreet1 Offline

You will always save money if you rent using on-line sources while you are still in the U.S. The mandatory 3rd party liability insurance should be about $10.00 a day; you should question anything more than that. Avis includes the mandatory 3rd party liability insurance in the rate they quote you. Avis will also accept Mastercard/Visa credit card insurance on the vehicle itself. They will, however, place a hold on your credit card for $1500 or $2000. The hold goes away within about a week after you get home. We book with a rate that will be o.k. with us; then we check every few days until we go. Car rental rates change at least 4 times a day, so continued checking may well get you a better rate that you can book and cancel the first one.

We use the insurance you can get added to your American Express card. You call them and add it. It covers the vehicle, medical insurance for an accident, theft of personal articles, etc. for $17.00 to $25.00 (the actual amount depends on the state you live in) for the entire length of the rental up to, I think, 75 days. And.....drum roll.....it's primary insurance, so your own insurance company will not be billed/notified. (The insurance that is included free with an American Express card has lower limits and is not primary.)

If you want the car rental to be free or very close to it, you can submit to a timeshare tour and specify before saying that you'll go that you want the car rental covered in full--if you go first thing in the morning, you'll get a free breakfast, too. (If you decide to do that, don't let the timeshare resort be in charge of your transportation; they have been known to refuse to call a cab for people trying to leave.)

#48251 - 07/10/12 08:58 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Jandm292]
boomthd Offline

It too 20 minutes to drive to Cabo and was super easy to get there and back. Straight shot from the the resort to Cabo. Free parking once you down there. Car rentals are cheap until you have to buy the mandatory liability insurance. We rented a 4 door car for 7 days and paid $200. A trip by taxi will cost you $25 each way. It was nice to have the freedom to go where you wanted when you wanted. There were days the car just sat in the parking lot because the tour or activity we planned picked us up from the hotel. I don't know what a daily rate would run to rent a car. Taxis are everywhere and you won't have an issue finding one if you want to go that route. There were always 4-5 sitting outside the resort waiting to give you a ride and they are all over in Cabo.

#48249 - 07/09/12 10:44 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Jandm292]
sbasar Offline

Loc: idaho
This resort is very nice. You can't swim there, you need to go to Cabo. Cabo is about a 20-25 minute bus ride and does not cost much. Rental cars are more there than in the U.S. If I had a choice to do it again, I would try to exchange with Interval and get a resort in Cabo. Also, in Cabo San Lucas you really do not need to exchange your money because they take US dollars and you get more for your buck from vendors trying to sell you stuff by just using US dollars. However, the Worldmark resort is nice and you can walk about 20 minutes to grocery store and taxi back with groceries. If you plan on doing activities, I would recommend not preplanning much. We listened to one sales pitch, the vendor to contact is at the big grocery store near the resort. The pitch was easy and they didn't get offended with us not buying and in return my wife and I did the swim with dolphins, zip-line, and 1 hr. spa just for listening to this one.
So all in all, I would recommend trying to exchange in Cabo. However, if you can't it is still fine at our resort. Don't book activities till you get down there and try to work all your activities by negotiating them by listening to a sales pitch. Otherwise, you can bargain deals much better down there than over the phone. Everything is negotiable down there. Hope this helps. Shannon

#48248 - 07/09/12 09:40 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: boomthd]
Jandm292 Offline

Hi there. Just curious how long it took to travel to Cabo San Lucas from the resort? We are trying to figure out if it is better to get the car rental or not? Is there not enough to do near the hotel? Are car rental prices the same as in America or are they cheaper? Is it convenient to do it daily when needed or would you do the whole week? Thanks for your help:)

#48234 - 07/08/12 05:18 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Aundoj]
bthorman Offline

Loc: San Francisco Area
Can you post whether or not you get the document? I requested it over a month ago and have never seen it.

#48230 - 07/08/12 09:53 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: DennisG]
Aundoj Offline

Loc: Missouri
Dennis

Would you please send me your travel document. We are planning on going to WM Cabo in October. Thanks

Email address is jcarver@avr2.org. Thanks

#48212 - 07/06/12 12:05 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
barbd63 Offline

I have heard that there is horseback riding very close to the resort. Is this true? Can you tell me the cost and if we can book through the resort? Thank you!

#48136 - 06/30/12 08:06 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
boomthd Offline

We just got home from 7 days at Coral Baja. Great resort and no complaints. The resort was always clean and the grounds well kept.

We rented a car and traveled back and forth to Cabo San Lucas several times. We never had any problems traveling. There doesn't seem to be any traffic laws in Mexico or least no one enforced the traffic laws. Police presence was very high in Cabo. Everywhere you looked there was a police car, police motorcycle, or one standing on the corner. We were never bothered by one and occasionally they would stop traffic to help you cross the street. It seems as if the locals around Cabo realize how important tourism is to the community and how much money it brings in that they all leave you alone and don't bother you. After the first shock of how poor the country was and how scary it may appear I was very comfortable walking through town at night. The only "harassment" you get is by people trying to sell you stuff. Time share people are all over the place offering you free excursions or cash.

We booked several excursions before we left home. It seems you can book cheaper down there as everyone is offering discounts and buy one get one free. We zip lined with Wild Canyon Adventures. Fantastic! We booked a snorkel trip out of Cabo and payed a high price only to find out we drive past the 2 snorkel beaches to get to the boat to bring us back. Both beaches are right off the highway and Worldmark rents snorkel gear for a substantially lower price.

Shopping the flee markets is an experience in its own. If you find something you like but you can't get the price where you want it don't worry there is always someone else that will have it and will sell it to you for what you want to pay. Don't try to shop when the cruise ship is there. Prices are quite a bit higher.

All in all Cabo is a great place to visit and I'm sure we will go back. Don't let the thought of unsafe Mexico deter you. Cabo is safe and there are plenty of tourists.

#47877 - 05/25/12 07:49 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: avg]
luvthesun Offline

Loc: Washington
The one bedroom deluxe is larger and has two entrances to the bathroom. The only way to enter the bathroom in one bedroom is through the bedroom itself.

#47872 - 05/24/12 11:54 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: bthorman]
rozettaw57 Offline

Loc: Washington
No and I've asked several times

#47838 - 05/19/12 06:42 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Ladyshay]
K.mitcham Offline

I have been there once before and I will be going again the first week of July, alone. The first time I went, we pre-arranged a taxi /SUV to drive us to the resort. Now that I am comfortable, I will rent a car and I know that there will be plenty to do by myself. I certainly wouldn't walk around the streets at night alone, but the boardwalk is fine.
KT

#47829 - 05/18/12 10:59 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
Ladyshay Offline

Loc: CA
I'm new to Cabo and traveling alone. Is there any good advice out there for a single person and do I need to be concerned about anything? Should I rent a car or use the bus? Will I feel out of place being single?

#47828 - 05/18/12 10:56 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
Ladyshay Offline

Loc: CA
I'm new to Cabo and traveling alone. Is there anything that I need to be concerned about or any good advice out there? Should I rent a car or use the bus? Will I feel out of place being alone?

#47827 - 05/17/12 08:14 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
avg Offline

what is the difference between the 1 bedroom and the 1 bedroom deluxe

#47817 - 05/16/12 04:16 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: karen#1]
1kodiak Offline

Loc: puyallup wash.

#47801 - 05/15/12 07:54 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
karen#1 Offline

does anyone know where I go to place an ad to buy some credits (a one time purchase) for cabo coral baja? I for got how it don,, I sold a onetime use of my crdits, but forgot, can some one help me plz?? thnks,, karen

#47792 - 05/15/12 08:00 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: bass2]
bthorman Offline

The pool and bar will be open. Work is being done in sections for that reason.

#47789 - 05/14/12 09:22 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: bass2]
Lovelyhair Offline

Loc: SoCal
I heard that you can get groceries delivered to your room at Coral Baja? How does this work?

#47779 - 05/14/12 09:40 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
bass2 Offline

We are heading to CB June 24th.....saw in last newsletter they are starting work on the pool area...my question, is will the pool be open so our family can enjoy that area while we are there?

#47747 - 05/05/12 09:02 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: oldcoach]
BretaB Offline

Loc: NW corner Washington State
Hey Old Coach, we haven't been on the forum together for lots of years. We were in Cabo for 2 weeks in March, it is of course wonderful. To answer your question about transportation, I went to the WM web site and the CABO resort page, book our round trip with TRANSLIFE Shuttle, the one recommended on WM web site. THey are so professional and a really safe and great way to get from the airport to the resort and back to the airport. The fare a couple of months ago was $28.00 per peron round trip so for hubby and I it was $56.00, well worth the price with no worries and a very professional group of drivers and brand new white vans. Just my humble opinion. We are booked again next year, same time and will be using the same transportation for 2013. Have wonderful time, the refurbished units are wonderful, you will be pleasantly surprised.
Breta

#47731 - 05/04/12 08:11 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ruddm]
oldcoach Offline

Molly-- Thank you. I imagine it'll be going on while we're there at CB. It is truly a beautiful resort, and I know it does not get or stay that way without work, so who can complain, (not me)..... I did read somewhere that they'll be doing small sections at a time, here and there, sort of staggering them around the pool area as they go. And that the pool itself, spa tub(s), and bar area will not be affected. Q-- how did you get from, and back to, the airport and how much was it? Thanks--- the Ol' Coach.

#47722 - 05/02/12 08:51 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: oldcoach]
ruddm Offline

We were there from 4/19 - 4/26 and they had not started the pool resurfacing yet. I don't think they had a date at that point for when it was going to start.

the other Molly

#47708 - 04/30/12 12:42 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: heffy]
oldcoach Offline

Hef- Hope you had a great time! Question....Who-- "through WM" did you contact about the shuttle transport? We're heading down May 17th and figure I'd better start getting these things ironed out...... Thanks for any help!-- the Ol' Coach.

Edited by oldcoach (05/01/12 07:19 AM)

#47707 - 04/30/12 12:27 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
oldcoach Offline

Quick question...... Can anyone can pass along any "very" recent info on the pool deck resurfacing going on at Coral Baja? I heard they are just doing small sections of it at a time, that the pool is open, and that it's not expected to be a big deal. Also that they'd be finished by May 15th. Can anyone pass along an update?? Thanks a million--- the Ol' Coach.

Edited by oldcoach (05/01/12 07:22 AM)

#47569 - 04/07/12 08:10 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Pstreet1]
bthorman Offline

Thank you. I sometimes get lost on that site, but searching for for forums first helped.

#47560 - 04/06/12 10:30 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: bthorman]
Pstreet1 Offline

You can get truly amazing information on TripAdvisor.com.

In the search box put forums, and then choose Baja. The Cabo forum is really, really active, and the people are very friendly. A person called Trapper has an incredible restaurant list and things to do; (check the stickys at the top of the page also); there is information on the Cabo Passport, which gives discounts; there is information on renting cars; information on excursions; information on how to use the bus.......and the list goes on and on. The local experts who post either live in Cabo or go there several times a year and have been Cabo regulars for years.

You will know enough with just a little reading to make you feel like a returning regular, not a newbie.

Page 14 of 21 < 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 20 21 >

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.