Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Topic Options
#55132 - 09/15/14 10:10 AM Ft. Lauderdale - Sea Gardens Resort Review
KrisComm Offline

Have you stayed at WorldMark Ft. Lauderdale - Sea Gardens? Here's your chance to tell other WorldMark owners what it's really like. How big is the pool? How hot is the hot tub? What do you wish you had known before you left home?

#59032 - 03/03/20 11:07 AM Re: Ft. Lauderdale - Sea Gardens Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
plelgar Offline

We just got back from 2 weeks at Sea Gardens and we were impressed by how much it has improved since the last time we were there. (3 and 4 years ago). Everything has been renovated and looks great. The staff were pleasant and not at all pushy and rude like the other times we were here. We stayed in a 2 bedroom deluxe in Key West for one week and a studio deluxe the second week. Both were perfect. The studio deluxe is right on the ocean with amazing views. It Is bright and spacious. This is not the same as the plain studio. Our 4 year old grandson enjoyed all the activities put on by the staff. We love the area with lots to do. We went to the Children’s museum of science and discovery. Fantastic! The Gumbo Limbo sea turtle centre was interesting. Great restaurants were Jukebox Diner for breakfast and Catfish Dewey for seafood.
We really appreciated the fact that we didn’t have to wait long to check in to our unit even though we checked in early. Even the timeshare people were nice and could take “no” for an answer. Everything about the place is so much better now. We loved it and will return.

#59007 - 01/19/20 03:46 PM Re: Ft. Lauderdale - Sea Gardens Resort Review [Re: DaveAndHolly]
TXSmalls Offline

Loc: Keller, TX
Wow- thanks for sharing your experience! I've only stayed in one studio unit- it was at Margaritaville- St Thomas, and was very nice. Good to know they are not all so nice!

#58979 - 12/12/19 06:31 AM Re: Ft. Lauderdale - Sea Gardens Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
DaveAndHolly Offline

BEWARE of booking studio units!! I am posting this to save others from what happened to us.
First of all these identical units go for $96 a night on Expedia, less than $700. Our annual dues are $900 per year. This seems like stealing to me.
There is construction on new bar that starts in the morning and goes till dark or after. It can be constant for hours and is often VERY loud. Enjoying the balcony was not an option, and it was shared with the room next door, so no privacy.
The small window mounted air conditioner cycled constantly and was the loudest I have ever heard. Even with ear plugs it woke me up at night. During the day it completely drowned out conversation or the TV.
The kitchen was painful to cook in. Motel fridge, no freezer, a sink about 8"X11", no drying space, and very little counter space. No place for groceries, so they were on sacks on the floor.
The pool area had loose stones that wobbled when you walked over them, and a couple were broken and stuck up about an inch, so major tripping hazard.
So being in or around this room was anything approaching relaxing. Doors to adjoining room were very thin and you could hear every word or things going on over there.
The tub shower area was very cramped. The toilet bowl was 6 inches from the tub and the toilet was 6 inches from the door. You had to step into a very small space and then turn to close the door. My foot came down at the base of the tub and I lost my balance, falling into the tub and cracking my head on the tile above it.
It was the by far the worst room in our 24 years at World Mark, and I felt compelled to write our story.

#58649 - 01/17/19 11:33 AM Re: Ft. Lauderdale - Sea Gardens Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
klouzalfamily Offline

Loc: Washington
I have not stayed here yet but I see the resort now has Wordmark units, at least it’s listed on the Worldmark web pages now.

The Worldmark units almost all have a 5 star rating and thus I never look but since Sea Gardens seems to have a poor reviews I checked and it has no rating on the Worldmark page. Either it hasn’t been brought up to WM standards or it hasn’t been rated yet. I hope that as part of WM it will continue the fine experiences we all have elsewhere.

#55561 - 01/31/15 10:10 AM Re: Ft. Lauderdale - Sea Gardens Resort Review [Re: Jrho119]
slabeaume Offline

Originally Posted By: Jrho119
I was so afraid of that chowgirl !! But I booked it anyway for April. We have stayed in a Wyndham resort twice now and have been disappointed both times. They don't compare to WM. We wanted to go somewhere warmer after a NY winter,but couldn't find one resort ,even through RCI.
Well now we have to decide how badly we need to get away.
We have a 2 bedroom king. Were bringing another couple, I don't want to be embarrassed.
Was it a clean and up to date resort? What were some other issues?

We are Wyndham owners and have stayed here a few times. Even did an RCI exchange into this resort once. The resort is actually made up of 6 separate buildings. Each building has rooms configured differently. The 2 buildings on the beach are studio only units (thus the hotel description someone previously mentioned). It also has an unshaded pool between those buildings. The main resort area is beautifully landscaped and has a little store/deli as well as a game room and check in office. The buildings on either side of this pool are the "Waterfall" buildings. Somewhat older, but I believe they've been renovated----but I've not stayed in either of them. It has a nice pool, too, and a jacuzzi. The taller building in the back is the "Ocean Palms" building and is the newest building. I believe it was built for Wyndham. Those rooms are very nice---as nice as any Worldmark I've stayed in and I've been a Worldmark owner for about 15 years. The condos are built on top of a parking garage. It, too, has it's own heated pool and jacuzzi (although you can go to any). There is another building which doesn't really look like it's part of the resort across a side street all by itself. It's the "Key WEst" building. That's where they put us when we did the RCI exchange. After a few minor problems--like broken toilet seat and broken cover to the door lock---everything was really pretty nice. It had been recently renovated---maybe not as nicely as WM, but it was nice. It also had it's own pool. I did a blog from that trip which has pictures of that unit and the resort as well as stuff we did. I would suspect as an RCi exchanger, you may get put in Key West, but we found it to be ok.
http://travelingwithsue.blogspot.com/2012/12/2011-pompano-beach-florida-sisters-trip.html

#55361 - 11/20/14 09:49 PM Re: Ft. Lauderdale - Sea Gardens Resort Review [Re: Jrho119]
steeler1mws Offline

We just booked Palm-Aire and Sea Gardens for Christmas 2015. To find out more about both of these resorts, I went to Tripadvisor.com then searched for Wyndham Sea Gardens. There are plenty of reviews on that site. I hope this helps.

#55325 - 11/04/14 01:13 PM Re: Ft. Lauderdale - Sea Gardens Resort Review [Re: chowgirl]
Jrho119 Offline

Loc: USA NY
I was so afraid of that chowgirl !! But I booked it anyway for April. We have stayed in a Wyndham resort twice now and have been disappointed both times. They don't compare to WM. We wanted to go somewhere warmer after a NY winter,but couldn't find one resort ,even through RCI.
Well now we have to decide how badly we need to get away.
We have a 2 bedroom king. Were bringing another couple, I don't want to be embarrassed.
Was it a clean and up to date resort? What were some other issues?

#55324 - 11/04/14 04:28 AM Re: Ft. Lauderdale - Sea Gardens Resort Review [Re: KrisComm]
chowgirl Offline

First of all this resort is a Wyndham resort that we are allowed to stay at. I wouldn't do it, you will be disappointed; the quality of the units is below what you would expect in WM resorts. The staff is not as knowledgeable, this means the front desk and the concierge. For example, we asked for a non stick pan which was listed on their inventory of things that's suppose to be in the unit. They said that they would bring one up..... 1.5 hours later someone shows up with a regular pan and tells us they don't have any of the non stick kind. His boss is ordering them and they should be here soon.

We stayed in both the 1.5 bedroom deluxe and the studio deluxe units. I would tell anyone to NOT stay in the studio deluxe as you are in a hotel looking unit that is across from the main resort and doesn't have garage parking.

All in all I would probably never come back here, I would probably look for a RCI unit next time rather than staying at a Wyndham one.

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.