Who's Online
0 registered (), 26 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Page 16 of 21 < 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 20 21 >
Topic Options
#9977 - 04/13/04 09:03 PM Questions and Comments for Coral Baja
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Have questions regarding this resort? Want to give someone kudos for the great story they shared in their Vacation Journal or for their awesome photo album? Do it here. Title your reply "Questions - Coral Baja," "Kudos: Journal - Coral Baja," or "Kudos: Photos - Coral Baja." This will make it easy to search this thread to find the questions and answers or respective kudos. Be sure to gibe us the username for your thank you.

Best Regards,

Vacation Forum Admin

Edited by Administrator (10/03/14 11:21 AM)

#47252 - 02/22/12 02:45 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: oldcoach]
BretaB Offline

Loc: NW corner Washington State
Dennis:
We leave next Tues, the 28th for 16 days in CABO, if you have tme, please send me your info to
BretaB@comcast.net
Thanks so much

#47231 - 02/19/12 08:35 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: DennisG]
oldcoach Offline

Dennis-- If you have the time- we would also love to receive the info you have! We're heading to CB in May (4th trip), and can't wait--- growing a bit tired of the constant cold/wet of SW Wash State. Your knowledge will help us a ton. Please send to mkjohnsons@hotmail.com. Thanks in advance---- MJ

#47230 - 02/19/12 04:11 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: jcbetts5]
DennisG Offline

Loc: Olympia, WA
Yes, the travel document is yours for the asking. send me an email here with your email address.

I've been updating it since we have been down here for almost two weeks.

Dennis

#47215 - 02/14/12 06:04 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: cabobill]
oldcoach Offline

Hey CaboBill! How are you doin'-- hope all is OK. Anyway, we're heading back to CB in May, and I have a question for you. If anyone may know the answer-- it's probably you. We have a 2-BR penthouse and wonder if these ALL have the rooftop hot-tub, or do just SOME of these have tubs? Anyway, thanks in advance---- and I really just hope to HEAR from you, period! Yer old Forum pal-- the Old Coach. PS-- To ANYONE with the answer---- also thanks in advance!

Edited by Moderator 2 (02/17/12 12:27 PM)

#47209 - 02/13/12 05:22 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: goldbuyer57]
Pstreet1 Offline

Generally, the Mexican 3rd party liability (to cover damage you do to others or their property with the car--not the vehicle itself) is about $10.00 a day from the car rental company. The $150.00 for liability seems high.

In the past, we've had trouble, from time to time--not each time--using an American Express card. You might want to be certain your car rental company will accept American Express. I looked into the American Express policy and, ultimately, decided it wasn't that different from the free insurance provided by Visa and Mastercard. Has that changed? We'll be renting a car this summer, so I'm interested in your research.

We, like you, prefer to be in charge of our own transportation (though we do use city buses in various cities), and I think that when you factor in the cost of the transportation from the airport to the resort and back to the airport, the car doesn't wind up costing much at all.

Edited by Pstreet1 (02/13/12 05:25 PM)

#47204 - 02/12/12 09:50 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
goldbuyer57 Offline

I make myself crazy everytime we get ready to head to Coral Baja, trying to figure out to rent or not to rent a car? insure or not insure?
Peeling through the quagmire of information, I got a car for less than $100 for 10 days. Then I called American Express and they sold me a premium car rental program for $24.95 that covers all of what the CDW policy does if I charge the rental on Amex. That is not LIABILITY!!
The rental company offered a minimum coverage policy included for the rental fee, but there is a very low $ coverage. I opted for the SLI (liability) coverage for an additional $150.
For what we plan to do it just makes more sense to rent than cab. We have back & forth from the airport, one trip to costco & a couple to Mega (I have a broken foot) a couple of trips to Rosies, Dantes & Hangman as well as the dentist and the artwalk in San Jose one evening, so I think that it will still be less costly than cabs. Also that feeling of freedom we Americans enjoy and we are so spoiled!
Anybody have any input on the car, rental, insurance thing? not the spoiled part! LOL

#47203 - 02/12/12 08:31 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Hondacrzy]
ZeusNike Offline

Loc: British Columbia
Hi, We have rented a car for the whole visit on a few of our Coral Baja trips but usually we prefer not to. Cabs can be expensive to Cabo but are not to San Jose. We usually walk to San Jose and back, take the bus to Cabo and sometimes take a cab back. Most booked activities will pick you up and drop you off. We sometimes like heading to Todos Santos for a day as well when we are down there and it is not very expensive to book a van and driver - we might want to have a margarita at Tequila Sunrise and surely do not want to drive if we do!

We will, though, rent a car everytime we go down, just for the first day. We pick it up at the airport then, usually, the rental company will pick the car up at the Coral Baja the next day or you can drop it off at a resort nearby (check to see that they have a location in one of the resorts). That way we can head to Costco and get supplies.

#47198 - 02/12/12 11:55 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: DennisG]
jcbetts5 Offline

Heading to Coral Baja in Dec. Would love to get a copy of your "Travel Document" if your still comfortable sending it. Thank you.

#47174 - 02/09/12 05:51 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
Hondacrzy Offline

Loc: UTAH
Hello, I will be at CB in June. We will be traveling with 2 teenagers. I do not see anyone that has rented a car lately and is it worth it? we plan on doing a few activities and if it is going to cost a lot for taxis and shuttles is it worth getting the car. I Just can not find anyone that has rented a car lately. How much was the total car rental with the required INS? Is the bus system a viable option?

#47168 - 02/09/12 10:50 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: seattlecurler]
RK&MK Offline

Fishing this time of year from CB is usually a Kmart special. The fish you get can be caught with less of a boat ride if you go out of Pamillia.They have 28 foot sedan cruisers or pangas there. The location eliminates a long worthless boat ride to the same location all the charters head for. If you want to get a chance at better fish you need to fish out off East Cape. The Barilles area offers better fishing but you would have to drive there about 50 miles north. You can go out of the San Jose' boat harbor and try to request they fish north along East Cape area. Have done that before with a lot more action and fish variety than the shoreline along the road to Cabo, which as I said,is where 95% of the pangas head for......Good fishing..

#47161 - 02/08/12 12:54 PM Penthouse unit [Re: ]
Twokins Offline

Loc: Monroe, WA
Hello all,
We have been to Coral Baja once before and are really looking forward to going again next year. However since next year is a "special birthday" for one member of our group, we would really love to get one of the two bedroom penthouse units and while I understand that there are only a few, how the heck do you get a reservation for one of them???? I would really like to make this happen, even if it's not close to the Feb birthday. I've heard something about making a "running reservation" but have NO idea how it works.
Please, any help will be greatly appreciated.

#47156 - 02/07/12 05:25 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
seattlecurler Offline

I'm hoping to go fishing on a Panga while at the resort next week (Feb 13-18th, 2012) and I was wondering if there is anyone who will be there at that time who would be interested in sharing a boat with me? It would be an all-day trip (or close to).

-jim sullivan

#47123 - 02/01/12 04:45 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: 1kodiak]
DennisG Offline

Originally Posted By: 1kodiak
what is the name of the shuttle service that W W uses to Coral Baja.

If you browse back in this forum, or search on the Left, you'll see that the best way is to book through Transcabo. We use them every time we go and have never had an issue. Note: all of the travel sites in Cabo state there is a law stating you must book a round trip or you can't use them to get back.. we never do and if we can't find someone to share a cab from the hotel have called them without issue.

I would also point out to read the notice on the rez you received from Worldmark about the airport poachers; you really need to focus on being alert and walking straight out of the airport once you get the green light.

Dennis

#47122 - 02/01/12 04:38 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
DennisG Offline

Hello everyone,

It's been a year since I've actively participated on this forum, I couldn't remember my password or the email account I used so I just created a new ID. My old ID was Denbo.

I have been to the WM Cabo resort every year (just like Bill) for years and love it! Over the years I've created a travel document that I update each year. The document has everything from maps, airport and transportation tips and reviews of restaurants and activities. If you want a copy send me an email here and I'll send it to you.

Looking forward to reading through the posts since and adding a few during our trip the week of Feb 10th - 19th.

Dennis (Denbo)

#47094 - 01/27/12 02:25 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Wildflower]
Moderator 2 Offline

Wildflower,

These are questions that should traditionally be answered by Owner Care. Though before calling, I would encourage you to look at the season that was assigned to the date you are traveling. This may answer your question. While the cost of credits cannot change, nor can the number of nights in each season, it is true that the dates for which each season is assigned can fluctuate from year to year.

Forum Moderator
WorldMark Owner Care

#47089 - 01/25/12 11:37 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
Wildflower Offline

Loc: San Francisco, California
Does anyone know when and why Coral Baja credits were raised? I was there last year and am going this year same time, same unit and it is 3550 credits more than not even 1 year ago. What's going on? I was assured when buying credits would not go up. Our dues go up enough, but now credits?
Any one have information about this?
Thanks.

#47060 - 01/22/12 03:09 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: kavna4]
1kodiak Offline

Loc: puyallup wash.
what is the name of the shuttle service that W W uses to Coral Baja.

#47056 - 01/20/12 08:35 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
kavna4 Offline

just came back from a 1 week trip to coral baja. there were 4 of us, all 60+. We chose to rent a car. check trip advisor.com about dominic. We chose him and what a wonderful experience. We were met at the airport, taken to the car, no sales pitches, no time share offers (quite the opposite, he gave us advice in advance on how to avoid them). 10 minutes after walking out the front door of the airport we were on the way to San Jose, Mega and the resort for a Margarita (or 2!)

The resort was excellent, everybody at the desk did everything possible to see we were welcome and help us in any way possible. The week was wonderful with lots of great experiences. If you get the opportunity, go to the Saturday Farmers Market. Lots of wonderful home grown produce, goat cheese, fresh shrimp, and an overall great experience.

For info on Dominic and his service you may e-mail me at kavna4@gmail.com

I would recommend this resort to anyone.

#47053 - 01/20/12 09:53 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
cathyyyyy Offline

Can anyone tell me whether the building that is closest to Mama Mia's is phase 1, 2 or 3?

Thanks!

#47024 - 01/16/12 06:18 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Australia14]
kylesmuin Offline

Hey as Bretab has stated Coral Baja is a beautiful Place . Definatly a must see Very friendly staff and a nice big cross shaped pool with a swim up Bar at the pool ! ! ! over looking the Sea of Cortez amazing view ! ! ! You can also email me with any Questions i will do my best to answer them, kylesmuin@yahoo.com Good luck and best wishes on your trip

#47002 - 01/13/12 04:44 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Australia14]
BretaB Offline

Hi There:
Before I answered your post, I checked on availabiltiy at CABO for Dec. 2012. If you decide on this location, I wouldn't wait to long to book the resort, normally for Mexico 13 months to the day you want to arrive is the best time to book.
Now for you other questions, We are older (63), have been to Coral Baja 3 times, love it. The location is 20 some miles north of Cabo San Lucas, (the nightlife of the area). It is safe as long as you think ahead and return to the property before nightfall, unless you take a CAB back to the resort after dark (this year the fee was $35.00 one way from Cabo to Coral Baja. THe resort itself is beautiful, relaxing and fun.
Not sure if I helped or not, but you are welcome to contact me directly with additional questions, (BretaB@comcast.net)

By the way, if CABO BILL is still on this website, hope all is ok and you are much better resource than any of the rest of us.

#46997 - 01/12/12 04:45 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
Australia14 Offline

Hello everyone,
I’m getting married this coming December and me and my hubby to be are thinking of visiting this resort. I am wondering if someone can give me an honest review on this resort in terms of is
A) Mexico a good place to go in general and
B) is this resort in a good location in Mexico??
We are all the way in Australia so we’re not really sure what to expect. The type of honeymoon we are looking for is one where our room is comfortable to lounge around and chill in but also where there are things nearby that we can get to with ease (e.g. water sports, restaurants etc).

Thanks!!!

#46979 - 01/09/12 07:12 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: kylesmuin]
BretaB Offline

Kyle:
Please email me with your best offer
BretaB@comcast.net
Thanks

#46973 - 01/08/12 10:51 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: barbij]
kylesmuin Offline

Hey any of you frequent Coral Baja goers i have 15,000 annual points i will make a killer deal on i have been to Coral Baja and west yellow stone both was very nice places i just dont use my timshares enough too warrent keeping them please pass the word on and keep me in mind if you are looking for a GREAT DEAL on 15,000 points thank you Kyle

#46943 - 01/02/12 03:10 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: cbboss]
barbij Offline

Loc: California
We spent 10 days at Coral Baja for our 20th anniversary during Christmas 2010 and we booked a dinner cruise (not something we would normally do) that was highly recommended and it did not disappoint! The boat is called the Cabo Rey and it leaves out of the Cabo marina (be prepared for a looooong walk to get out to the end where you pick it up). We went on the dinner cruise and it was wonderful - free cocktails while you wait for everyone to board, live music, photo opps at the arches during sunset, then amazing food and entertainment while you eat. It didn't hurt that it was also a full moon, but it would have been magical either way - worth every penny!

#46933 - 12/29/11 01:09 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: cbboss]
brendab Offline

we went out on a big boat, and it was comfortable, but the smaller raft like boats were beating us to the whales and could speed right up to them, and turn around easier. That would be my choice next time.

#46932 - 12/29/11 01:08 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
brendab Offline

I am considering booking at coral baja, and wondering if anyone has stayed in phase three....is it facing the beach or is it in the back facing the road? Also, the special needs rooms in the phase three...does anyone know about those? Have stayed in the back building before and do not want to go all the way to Mexico to do that again. I have to book soon, any help would be greatly appreciated

#46915 - 12/26/11 09:44 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
cbboss Offline

Hi everybody. Will be in Cabo in 3 weeks and are wondering what the best whale watching charter is. Would like to go on the raft type. Also anything else you would suggest? Should we book through the resort or not?

#46907 - 12/23/11 07:32 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: PDX_Kathy]
Pstreet1 Offline

Edited by RondaOS (12/26/11 09:06 AM)

#46902 - 12/22/11 02:31 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: barbij]
SallyMoe Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
We just returned from there - I posted a photo on Worldmark The Club facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/groups/worldmarktheclub/

loved the room that the 3 BR had - but the spa is outside of one of the bedrooms.... I think some units have the spas on the rooftops....? Had a great time there!!

Edited by RondaOS (12/26/11 09:06 AM)

Page 16 of 21 < 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 20 21 >

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.