Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Topic Options
#49169 - 12/05/12 08:43 AM Questions and Comments for Orlando - Reunion
KrisComm Offline

Have questions regarding this resort? Want to give someone kudos for the great story they shared in their Vacation Journal or for their awesome photo album? Do it here. Title your reply "Questions - Orlando - Reunion", "Kudos; Journal - Orlando - Reunion", or "Kudos; Photos - Orlando - Reunion". This will make it easier to search this thread to find the questions and answers or the respective kudos. Be sure to give us the username for your thank you.

#58778 - 04/15/19 07:06 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Orlando - Reunion fitness room [Re: KrisComm]
Bulldog11 Offline

I am looking for information on the fitness room at Reunion. Pictures would be great and very helpful. We have two college athletes that need to follow their athletic training while there for two weeks.

Thank you for any help you may offer us!

#58746 - 03/18/19 07:26 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Orlando - Reunion [Re: Nispiros]
Drjbmedina Offline

Hi! We stayed at the Reunion last month during the week of 2/17/2019. We really enjoyed it! We arrived late afternoon. Check in went smoothly. They will give you a little booklet with resort info and directory. Our unit was in a building very close to the water park, within walking distance. We had a 3-bedroom and it was really nice! Kitchen was fully stocked. Bathrooms had towels and coat closet had pool towels. Each bedroom had a TV. Beds were comfortable.

Bring/buy your own shampoo and soap because the samples were really small. We bought supplies and food at the Publix outside, but close to the resort. We actually did not get a chance to eat at the resort’s restaurants because we were almost out every day. We did order room service once and made dinner in our kitchen once.

The pool next to our building was supposed to be open every day until 11pm, but it was always closed when we wanted to do a late swim. There are 8 other pools around the resort, but we didn’t want to take the shuttle or drive.

We loved the water park! Your resort key card/room allows you to rent free towels and buy food, but bring a credit card or cash to pay for drinks and food. If you drive, there’s a dirt parking lot across the street.

The resort has private homes there as well. I felt safe jogging around the resort in the mornings and afternoons. I never made it to the gym.

Check out was easy and we did not need to drive to the front desk to check out. You have to throw your own trash out in the dumpster nearby. They have a recycling unit next to dumpster, but you have to insert empty water bottles one at a time.

I wished we had more time to really take advantage of the resort’s activities and amenities. Enjoy your stay and have fun!

#58510 - 09/19/18 01:27 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Orlando - Reunion [Re: Nispiros]
bob48 Offline

Loc: Colorado
Stayed there in November 2017. The only big negative is there is no street sign on the main road directing you to Reunion. It is a private community as well as a resort. the Guard house will give you directions to check in which is quite a drive especially in the dark. But the rooms are spectacular and the amenities are wonderful. There is a water park and a special pool areas close to the rooms.

#58422 - 07/30/18 01:33 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Orlando - Reunion [Re: KrisComm]
Nispiros Offline

Loc: CA
Has anyone been to this resort this year? We plan on going in April 2019. Any advice?

#57890 - 08/21/17 08:22 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Orlando - Reunion [Re: melodymarbach]
bearsden7 Offline

Eight people from each unit can go to the waterpark without additional cost. Beyond that number I think is around $30 each a day.

#57817 - 07/17/17 10:00 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Orlando - Reunion [Re: KrisComm]
melodymarbach Offline

Loc: Canada
Is there an added cost to go to the water park?
Any additional fees beside the nightly credit card hold?

#56046 - 06/28/15 03:12 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Orlando - Reunion [Re: KrisComm]
C&Mjacobs Offline

this resort is EXTREMELY large and so are the rooms. I was there April 8-13. For the most part I had a good time and I would go back again and again. The patios are a nice place to just relax and watch the sunrise. The kitchens are big and since the room is so large people can have loads of privacy. The three things that I hope would change is the waterpark should not close at 5pm, the shuttle should allow teenagers on without an adult and the game room should be open pass 7pm for the teenagers.

#54653 - 05/15/14 09:00 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Orlando - Reunion [Re: munchie_dog]
jcharles Offline

This resort is more like a community rather than a resort - it is that large. It is also quite a distance from an abundance of restaurants. The other Orlando resort is very close to lots and lots of restaurants.

#54645 - 05/14/14 07:44 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Orlando - Reunion [Re: mjhommerding]
munchie_dog Offline

Originally Posted By: mjhommerding
The resort is very beautiful but also very large. We stayed at the very north end of the resort and the room was beautiful. We were close to the waterpark but did not go to it as we didn't have any kids with us. The hot tubs are very few and far between, we had to walk quite a ways to get to one and even had to walk a little to get to a pool. Golfing looked amazing but other than that, we didn't spend a lot of time on this resort.

Was there a Worldmark side and a separate Wyndham side of the resort?
I am trying to plan a family reunion for 2015. Our group is made up of 8 adults. Our goal is to have a resort that we can be close to a pool and spa. Close to a resturants on property. A single story 3 bedroom with air conditioning, full kitchen. Our plans are a every other day is a rest day. My parents don not get around well and we will be spending rests days at the pool and BBQ ing. I need to minimize their walking.
My husband will have to work late nights so we will need to have access to the internet.
So with that being said what do you think?
Any information would be great.
Thanks

#54644 - 05/14/14 03:56 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Orlando - Reunion [Re: munchie_dog]
mjhommerding Offline

The resort is very beautiful but also very large. We stayed at the very north end of the resort and the room was beautiful. We were close to the waterpark but did not go to it as we didn't have any kids with us. The hot tubs are very few and far between, we had to walk quite a ways to get to one and even had to walk a little to get to a pool. Golfing looked amazing but other than that, we didn't spend a lot of time on this resort.

#54641 - 05/13/14 07:57 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Orlando - Reunion [Re: mjhommerding]
munchie_dog Offline

Originally Posted By: mjhommerding
We are going to be visiting this resort in 3 weeks. Does anyone know what part of the resort are Worldmark? Just trying to get an idea of where we might be staying.

Hi, I am working on our very first vacation to Florida. I was wondering the same thing you asked. Mind sharing with what you found out?
How come no one wants to reserve this resort?
I M seeing a lot of negatives about it.
Anybody have some update information before I start this long process.
Thanks

#54246 - 02/19/14 07:27 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Orlando - Reunion [Re: KrisComm]
mjhommerding Offline

We are going to be visiting this resort in 3 weeks. Does anyone know what part of the resort are Worldmark? Just trying to get an idea of where we might be staying.

Edited by mjhommerding (02/19/14 07:29 AM)

#54204 - 02/10/14 11:45 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Orlando - Reunion [Re: Lbar]
imatreke2 Offline

Thank you so much, I read several posts but only yours gave me the info we were looking for. Very helpful wink

#49954 - 04/02/13 07:37 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Orlando - Reunion [Re: kvanhorn]
Lbar Offline

Loc: Oregon
I just returned from Reunion Resort. The $50 per day is not really a fee, but it is a hold against your credit card. The resort has several restaurants, golf and a spa, so they do a pending hold in case you charge items to your room. If you don't charge anything to your unit, you will not be assessed any charges and the pending hold will drop off of your credit card account.

The resort is very beautiful and some really nice amenities. I will say that I did not get the best first impression because upon arriving at the resort and entering the lobby, I was directed to a desk for "worldmark" owners to "check in." The girl was extremely friendly and placed what she called a "registration" form in front of me to fill out. I was extremely tired from traveling from the west coast all day and did not have my guard up (nor did I think I needed to just to check in) but half way thru the form, I could see I was not registering, but filling out a form for a timeshare meeting. Ultimately she told me it was for an Owners Meeting, but at any rate, I find it totally unacceptable to trick guests. I questioned the form and she said that all guests fill it out. I refused and proceeded to get upset and she quickly rushed me to the other side of the lobby where the real check-in occurred. Just Beware!! Which is such an unfortunate thing to have to say, because it is a beautiful resort, but I think it should be illegal to trick people into filling out timeshare forms when they say you are registering. I proceeded to get two more phone calls at our unit attempting to get me into an owners meeting, but after I got upset again, they finally left us alone. It really affected my impression of the resort, but if you know ahead of time, it will probably help.

There is a great grocery store close by to the resort but no market on-site. The swim park is very nice and the pool near our building was very quiet. We wished there would have been a hot tub. There is one up at the main hotel area, but it's a drive to get there. They do have shuttle service available, but we did not utilize that.

#49951 - 04/02/13 04:57 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Orlando - Reunion [Re: kvanhorn]
gram2sam Offline

The daily fee was explained to us as just a precautionary measure. Most everything like the restaurants and the bar at the water park, etc. all take charges by using your room card. In fact, I don't know if they take cash...so since we only used the charge feature once at the water park, that's all that was charged to our credit card. No charges besides that showed up on our bill, and a summary was given to us as we checked out.

#49913 - 03/25/13 06:41 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Orlando - Reunion [Re: kvanhorn]
jcharles Offline

[b][/b]This is a Wyndham property. I actually toured it last year. I have no idea how many units WorldMark has access to. I will say it is a beautiful resort. A very upscale resort. But it is not that close to DisneyWorld. It took me about 20 minutes to drive out to the resort. I have no idea what the $50 a day is about. I do know there is supposed to be a large water park on the property. I did not find it, but the resort is spread out over quite a large area. It is more like a community than the typical resort.

#49911 - 03/25/13 02:40 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Orlando - Reunion [Re: KrisComm]
kvanhorn Offline

I have a couple of questions: Is this a brand new property? Why the daily $50 fee upfront?

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.