Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Page 13 of 21 < 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 20 21 >
Topic Options
#9977 - 04/13/04 09:03 PM Questions and Comments for Coral Baja
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Have questions regarding this resort? Want to give someone kudos for the great story they shared in their Vacation Journal or for their awesome photo album? Do it here. Title your reply "Questions - Coral Baja," "Kudos: Journal - Coral Baja," or "Kudos: Photos - Coral Baja." This will make it easy to search this thread to find the questions and answers or respective kudos. Be sure to gibe us the username for your thank you.

Best Regards,

Vacation Forum Admin

Edited by Administrator (10/03/14 11:21 AM)

#49383 - 01/11/13 02:33 PM Re: Restaurant and transportation [Re: OFDwife]
grantw7 Offline

Loc: Squamish, BC, Canada
I am arriving in a week and booked with TRANSCABO. The price was better than most and the registration online was efficient. They have my flight # so know when to expect me and they will arrange departure pick up when they drop me off.

#49382 - 01/11/13 02:30 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: jedmustang]
grantw7 Offline

YES they do. Your entry door is at the back.

#49381 - 01/11/13 02:29 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Tricia]
grantw7 Offline

Over 80% of the 2 bedrooms are in the back building as it is 2 bedroom only so if you booked a 2 bedroom expect to be back there.

#49370 - 01/09/13 01:27 PM Restaurant and transportation [Re: ]
OFDwife Offline

I read the restaurant at Coral Baja is closed?
Need suggestions for transportation from airport to Coral Baja. Has anyone used Translife which is the one listed on World Mark and what is the price each way?

#49364 - 01/08/13 05:49 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
jedmustang Offline

My reservation is a Studio, Phase 3. Does that mean Building 3 as shown on the resort site map? Do all the units face to the front side of the building?

#49336 - 01/05/13 09:09 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Tricia]
Camano Offline

Loc: NW WA State
One of the selections when booking is the back building, my guess is you selected that option. You might check if anything else is available. If there is nothing try getting on the wait list by calling reservations.

Edited by Camano (01/05/13 09:13 PM)

#49325 - 01/03/13 02:16 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
Tricia Offline

I've just booked Coral Baja for my family of 5 (teenage and up) over July 4th week and they told me we have a 2 bedroom in the back building, no ocean view. Question is, how do they know what room we're getting already? I thought they allocated your room when you arrived. And is there anything I can do to change it for an ocean view?
Thanks!

#49039 - 11/09/12 05:15 PM Re: Spa Services nearby @ reasonable rates? [Re: R&S.Martin]
ZeusNike Offline

Loc: British Columbia
Last time we were there I went to the spa above the store on the property....Arriba or something like that I think it was called. Clean and professional!

#49038 - 11/09/12 04:05 PM Coral Baja In Nov. [Re: R&S.Martin]
1kodiak Offline

Loc: puyallup wash.
We leave in the morning for Coral Baja.We hope to see you Larry and Vicky, Tom and Stef. There this year.

#49034 - 11/08/12 01:14 PM Spa Services nearby @ reasonable rates? [Re: ]
R&S.Martin Offline

Loc: Washington State
Are there are Spas for massage purposes only nearby that are reputable, and not outrageously expensive? We are looking forward to having a lot of fun, and thought it would be a great idea to have a massage the day before our flight home just to pamper ourselves prior to returning to "real life". We arrive on the 12th, and looking for something on or around the resort.

#48957 - 10/22/12 05:06 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Zechenia]
1kodiak Offline

Loc: puyallup wash.
August is very Hot also. You might rethink that mounth! NO SWIMMING!!!

#48954 - 10/22/12 10:26 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: bthorman]
Zechenia Offline

Originally Posted By: bthorman
If you read the description on the Resort Guide page you'll see this -

Note: There is no swimming at the resort beach due to a dangerous undertow. The nearest swimming beach is five miles away and can be reached by bus, taxi or rental car.

Must have just skipped over that. Ahhh looking at too many resorts at once and must have just skimmed over it!

#48952 - 10/22/12 09:57 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Zechenia]
bthorman Offline

Loc: San Francisco Area
If you read the description on the Resort Guide page you'll see this -

Note: There is no swimming at the resort beach due to a dangerous undertow. The nearest swimming beach is five miles away and can be reached by bus, taxi or rental car.

#48950 - 10/22/12 09:29 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
Zechenia Offline

I have been reading a few pages on this thread but haven't seen a direct answer to this question (though I am sure somewhere in all the pages it's probably been answered).

I am researching for a good location for my honeymoon in August of 2014. It's going to be the first tropical vacation for my fiance, so we're trying to get a worldmark location that is right on the beach. However, it's important to us that the beach is also swimmable.

I have read a lot of mixed reviews of beaches in the Cabo area in general for swimability. Is the beach at this condo safe for swimming? How is the water temperature? We really want someplace that we don't need to leave the property during our vacation unless we really want to.

Thanks!

Edited by Zechenia (10/22/12 09:51 AM)

#48822 - 10/05/12 09:53 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: bthorman]
Trevors2 Offline

Loc: Brentwood, CA
Just returned from 10 days at Coral Baja. Slow most of the first week. Had a 6.2 Earthquake last Tues but no damage. Just nerves for most.

The pool decking is almost finished and beautiful. The installed two handicapped lifts one in the pool and one in the spa which were really great. Staff really attentive.

After going there for over 10 yrs a few new rules. One, unless you have phone access they will only let you do two local calls at the desk. Also be careful of the dryers of delicate clothing (Light weight nylon type)it burned streaks in our clothes. Use non hot cycle.

Weather warm and beautiful. Already booked for next year.

#48766 - 09/27/12 02:57 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: RK&MK]
bthorman Offline

Thank you. I've been reading that it starts March 8th and runs for 11 days. We'll be arriving on the 5th for 7 nights, so we'll have a couple days without the festival going on to get our bearings. We're so looking forward to this trip. Last time we were on a Mexican Riveria cruise we hired a van and went down to CDSJ for a day. We've fallen in love with the area.

#48765 - 09/27/12 12:08 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: bthorman]
RK&MK Offline

The festival is usually mid March with the date varying a few days each year. The Main stage is in the center of town and now they have moved the food booths and rides to a wider road just east of the center of town. (all easy to walk to) Very crowded but a lot of fun to experience. Take a cab, don't drive there. There are loads of cabs waiting to take you back to CB. About $7 US for a van cab. The Main stage is a nightly show, usually with adequate seating, if you get there early in the evening. The volume of the PA will break your ear drums! Bring ear plugs or you will regret it. Otherwise the entertaiment is very Mexican but fun to experience. Been going to it for several years and still enjoy it. One thing to remember is to bring a warm jacket for the evening stage show. It gets very chilly by 10 pm on when you are just sitting there.

#48735 - 09/22/12 08:25 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: geneski2]
DennisG Offline

Loc: Olympia, WA
Looking forward to connecting with you at the pool bar Gene and MJ. BTW, after chatting with you via email I looked on the WM site and decided to upgrade our room to the PH for a few days during our stay...

Edited by DennisG (09/22/12 08:26 AM)

#48720 - 09/20/12 10:07 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: DennisG]
geneski2 Offline

Loc: Ontario CA
Dennis, We saw your offer of the notes on Coral Baja resort area and would appreciate a copy. We will visit Oct 4-7, so we also hope the pool renovation is not an issue.

#48716 - 09/19/12 12:26 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: DennisG]
DennisG Offline

I received an automated call yesterday about the pool deck being resurfaced during my stay in October. Does anyone have any additional information on this? They said it was currently being worked on, the pool is open, but sections are closed.

#48699 - 09/15/12 06:56 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Nita]
DennisG Offline

Originally Posted By: Nita
Hi Dennis,
First time on this site. Would like to know what your document is about that everyone is asking for.

Thank you, Nita

Hello Nita, the document is nothing special, just some tips and notes about our visits over the past 10 years to San Jose. Shoot me an email at grantdennis@gmail.com and I'll forward it to you.

Cheers,

Dennis

#48696 - 09/14/12 01:35 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: DennisG]
bthorman Offline

Have you ever been down there when the Festival de San Jose is going on? If so, how were the crowds? We'll be there for part of it in March 2013.

#48688 - 09/12/12 10:52 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: DennisG]
Nita Offline

Hi Dennis,
First time on this site. Would like to know what your document is about that everyone is asking for.

Thank you, Nita

#48662 - 09/09/12 02:28 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ZeusNike]
DennisG Offline

Alright everyone. I just sent the updated document from our visit in February this year. Heading back the first week of October for 11 nights. If you didn't get the document (I think I had over 20 folks ask for it) let me know.

Dennis

#48647 - 09/06/12 07:17 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: bthorman]
DennisG Offline

Originally Posted By: bthorman
Has anyone actually gotten his travel document? I've been looking and haven't seen it.

Hello everyone, sorry it's been a few days since my post. Yes I will send the document, don't worry. I am updating it now and you will have it.

This is such a great resort and there are so many things do to and share...

Dennis

#48433 - 08/06/12 09:50 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: FrednRox]
ZeusNike Offline

Loc: British Columbia
Looks like you are there by now so know this already but in case anyone else is curious, there are only 2 bedroom units in the back building and you only get one of those if you specifically book a 2 bedroom back building unit. Any other unit puts you in one of the front two buildings facing the beach.

Enjoy!

#48430 - 08/05/12 09:13 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
CCN Offline

Just returned and it was great. Resort could use some warm water for showers. Cold in the heat is ok but it is still nice to have a little warm water for morning showers. If you are looking for private transportation I recommend "Incredible Locatsion". www.caboincrediblelocations.com. Ask for Pedro. He take cash when you get there. Armondo the driver was great and prices were the best. He offered us transportation for $40 a trip. Big SUV and very comfortable.

#48373 - 07/29/12 11:33 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: FrednRox]
brokentrail Offline

FrednRox, we didn't get our actual room assigned until we got there last week. They let us choose it. Since it was low-season, the front two buildings weren't even full (the ones with the views) so i'm betting you'll be in one of those for sure.

#48372 - 07/29/12 11:29 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
brokentrail Offline

We just completed our third stay at Coral Baja, July 20-27, 2012. We hadn't been there in 8 years though, so were anxious to see if we would still be comfortable there. With teens in tow we arrived in our rental car (rented from Dominic, a local, I highly recommend, http://dominicloscabos.com/) to find Coral Baja exactly as we left it; well kept, friendly staff, and perfect for the low-maintenance travelers we are. The activities desk gave us the help we needed through the week, the pool was always clean and welcoming, and the on-site restaurant was not nearly as scary and poor as many of the reviews made it out to be. Our boys (14 and 17) loved the food there and we had a few rounds of guacamole and quesadillas by the pool ourselves. We enjoyed the entertainment there at dinner too. A cover band on Saturday night and the drum/dance group on Monday. So fun! We did venture out to Flora's Field Kitchen on Tuesday night which we HIGHLY recommend--it's ten miles out of San Jose Del Cabo and serves up organic (don't let that scare you, we had free-range fried chicken!) fare and wonderful views. Go!! Oh, I just realized, this review is supposed to be about Coral Baja. Ok, back to that. Having been there before we knew it would be a challenge to make the one bedroom work, but we did it. We were in the deluxe version which afforded us with the all-important extra door to the bathroom so the boys could go in and out without coming through our bedroom. I will say the murphy bed was a bid short. Our 5 foot 10 and 6 foot 1 boys hung off the edges, but they didn't complain. There was a "couch" too and they actually traded off each night on those. Our king bed in the master was surprisingly comfortable and the pillows were average. For as little as we were in the room, it was really perfect. We put the kitchen to full use cooking eggs each morning with tortillas and avocados we picked up at the Mega store on the way in. Of course, the view was fantastic, as most of them are at Coral Baja. We spent lots of time on the deck; and yes, we turned the A/C off when we went out so we didn't have the hot air blowing on us. Stopping at the Mega grocery store on the way into town was the best thing we did, although we did make many trips to the American-owned Mini Super at the top of the hill at the resort. It was there we found real butter...there was none to be found at the Mexican stores (oh it LOOKS like butter, but it's not.) We turned our phones off while we were there (and turned the roaming off too)` but did take a lap top. I never did get the wired internet to work in our room (user error, I'm sure) but I did take the laptop down and easily used the resort Wireless network many times. Their computer room was also great with five desk top computers that were rarely all in use at the same time. Our boys used it a LOT. Overall we were very, very pleased with our stay at Coral Baja. We are easy-going travelers and I will say I lowered my expectations with everything I read before we our trip--unnecessarily so. There is always something going on there (we LOVED Victor who led bingo out by the pool, water aerobics in the morning, pool volleyball in the afternoons and many other activities) but you can also ignore all that and just BE. I kept saying Coral Baja is the perfect place to stay for a week and not go ANYwhere because everything you need is right there--a little grocery store, two restaurants (we loved Sardina's at the top of the hill too), Emerald City Smoothie, Subway, and Domino's...all right there. Don't hesitate to contact me if you have specific questions. Angie from Olympia capricia906@comcast.net

#48336 - 07/24/12 08:04 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: FrednRox]
jcharles Offline

[b][/b]We had a one bedroom deluxe and had a great view of pool and Sea of Cortez. The only rooms that don't have a view are specified "Back Building" - I think.

Page 13 of 21 < 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 20 21 >

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.