Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Topic Options
#3723 - 03/10/04 08:18 PM The Canadian Resort Review
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Have you stayed at The Canadian? Here's your chance to tell other owners what it's really like. Where is the pool and how big is it? Hot hot is the hot tub? What do you wish you had known before you left home?

#59037 - 04/01/20 06:37 PM Re: The Canadian Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
lindaj Offline

We stayed here in March, right before the border closed to US citizens.
It was a terrific location, right in downtown. The staff was great, answered all our questions. They were wonderful when we needed directions or ideas on where we were going or what we were doing!
We stayed three nights on the 21st floor Beautiful view of the city. The kitchen was small but quite adequate. It was very comfortable. I would definitely stay here again, and hope to do so soon!

#58503 - 09/17/18 05:18 PM Re: The Canadian Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
Purplewino Offline

What a view!

Floor to ceiling windows and everything within walking distance.

A treasure.

#58003 - 11/06/17 10:14 AM Re: The Canadian Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
JandAM Offline

Loc: BC, Canada
Two great updates since we were last here;
1) privacy shades coupled with night shades. The old vertical blinds were not effective at all, glad to see they are gone.
2) A/C units in every suite. We had stopped coming here in the summer as we usually book bonus time last minute and any open rooms in the summer are south facing. Not a pleasant experience. The Canadian is back on our list for quick, convenient summer getaways.
Well done WorldMark

#57403 - 12/30/16 10:09 AM Re: The Canadian Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
Pat_604 Offline

Loc: Beautiful BC, Canada
The WM units on the Canadian Building is on higher floors and they all have a bit of citylight views. And guests have access to a nice big indoor pool area with 2 hot tubs and wet steam room plus a large fitness area that is across the street sharing with the Intrawest building. Big bonus - 1 parking stall included per unit! Save $30-40 per day for parking in the heart of DT Vancouver. Great location - steps from Robson Street, Granville DT street, great for shopping and eating.

#56661 - 02/12/16 01:00 PM Re: The Canadian Resort Review [Re: steph7271]
recrat Offline

We stayed at that location a couple years ago and had a great time. The unit was compact but had a full kitchen and living room. It was in a great downtown location, walking distance to lots of restaurants and shopping, and we did not feel unsafe at any time. If you don't want to rent a car, you can catch the Skytrain from the airport and get off at Vancouver City Center station. Then it's around a 10 min walk to Worldmark. (Head south on Granville, turn right on Nelson and left on Hornby.) We spent our time there renting bikes at Stanley Park (20 min walk) and another time walking around Gastown. Since we had a car we also went to see the gardens at Queen Elizabeth Park, which we thought was worth seeing.

#56626 - 02/02/16 01:00 PM Re: The Canadian Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
steph7271 Offline

I would also like to know how this location is on a more current thread. I have a small 1 BR, compact reserved for 3 days. How compact is compact? I have stayed in SF and THAT was compact. They were old hotel rooms that had been converted. Are we talking compact like that? Or are we saying small kitchen & living space but there is at least a couch and kitchenette? Also, someone also posted about the area being "seedy." I know that most Worldmark locations are "off the beaten path" but generally not in unsafe areas. How close is it to downtown? Should I rent a car for the 3 days or should I use public transport? I have 3 days to kill in Vancouver in June and I just want to know how to fill it and what to expect.
Thanks in advance...

#56621 - 01/31/16 10:12 PM Re: The Canadian Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
jiggzt Offline

Can anyone tell me what a compact room is??

#56454 - 11/23/15 12:15 PM Re: The Canadian Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
Pat_604 Offline

Loc: Beautiful BC, Canada
This Canadian property is in the heart of downtown Vancouver (quiet enough but also close enough to all the entertainment that has to offer). And our WM property has a parking spot included for each unit. The Intrawest across the street has lower grade room and NO parking included.

Come to the NYE for 2016.

#56051 - 06/29/15 09:19 PM Re: The Canadian Resort Review [Re: skhoux]
Bsabco Offline

Worldmark only owns 6 floors of this high rise condo building. So you are mixing with people that own or rent their residences there. In a way you are a guest of the people that live there. The reason the luggage carts are chained to a post, is so that they will be there for the next person to use. So if you are so unhappy with the property, then don't book it again. Leaves more open time for those of us that enjoy using this property. ALSO JOEY AT THE FRONT DESK IS AWESOME. I so enjoy seeing her each time, she really makes one feel welcome and just like coming back home for a visit.

#56050 - 06/29/15 09:13 PM Re: The Canadian Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
Bsabco Offline

When are they going to at least put a portable air conditioner in the bedroom and main living room area of the units. One bakes in the summer and the temps in the rooms get about 85 Degrees. Even the tile floors are warm to walk on barefooted. SO WORLDMARK, PUT AIR CONDITIONING IN THE UNITS SO THAT THEY ARE COMFORTABLE to even sleep at night. THE FANS IN THE UNITS DO NOT CUT IT AT ALL.

#55740 - 03/24/15 09:06 AM Re: The Canadian Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
PortlandRose Offline

Yesterday I looked out the window of the 20th floor to find the streets blocked off by police. I then watched for awhile and when the barricades did not move I called down to the front desk where the lady told me this kind of thing happens all the time. I then saw fire trucks arrive. I went downstairs and went outside where an officer told me that there was a possible bomb/suspicious package and the entire block was now blocked off and there where police everywhere. This property is located next to a bank and to the Supreme Court. I walked back in the building when a police officer came in and told the office to evacuate the building. I ran upstairs and got my son. When we tried to exit the underground parking we were trapped in by police tape. A very nice officer came and helped us out. We were told to expect to stay away from the building for several hours. We never once got a call in our room from management or on our cell phones. They do not seem to have an emergency plan in place. In addition my son who has an anxiety disorder went from doing very well to being very panicked which is why we are leaving 3 days early. The staff are very nice and professional, this is definitely an organizational issue. WorldMark needs to make sure that every resort their members go to has an emergency plan. While this ended up being a fake bomb, my point is that there must be open communication to the guests.

#55580 - 02/03/15 09:03 PM Re: The Canadian Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
bobalou Offline

We stayed at The Canadian in late January 2015 (1-br unit, 23rd floor). It's pretty nice, but there are some problems, as follows: neighborhood gets seedy just 2 blocks to the east and west of the property; the windows open, which is good, because even in winter it's uncomfortably hot during sleeping hours (why isn't there a ceiling fan!), yet is also bad because the noise of ambulance and police sirens during sleep hours is jarring (hospital is a block away); underground parking should be secure, but its easy for someone to slip in because it takes forever for the gate to close (and there are several warning signs); the living room furniture is ugly and uncomfortable; the bed is too soft; the mirrored walls (full height and width) makes it difficult to see where the bedroom really is when you're coming back to it from the kitchen (bedroom door and bed are reflected in the full height mirror, so I tended to try to enter from the image); the dining area flooring is tiled, and the chairs are heavy and the legs are metal, so moving a chair to sit down makes a loud noise, which wakes up the sleeping spouse; wall-mounted TV in living room is too high for such a small room (hurts my neck to look UP at it); and it took the wi-fi several hours to recognize my tablet. Vancouver is a great city and the location is good (except for the seedy parts), so all in all The Canadian is good. Just not great.

Edited by bobalou (02/03/15 09:05 PM)

#54944 - 07/14/14 05:35 PM Re: The Canadian Resort Review [Re: ]
pdmli123 Offline

Loc: San Francisco, Ca
Not sure if this is the correct forum. ? has to do with Vancouver & Victoria. But thought I'd try here first.

Planning a trip to Worldmark Vancouver and Victoria (Oct 17 thru Oct 24, 2014). Want to be sure to take a ferry-ride as well as visit Butchart Gardens, along with other sights. Has anyone else done this type of trip? If so, how did you do it?

We are thinking we should fly into Vancouver, spend first-half of trip, and maybe take a bus (Pacfic Coast tours)as we will NOT have a car - which will ferry to Victoria where we will fly out from. We will then visit Butchart G. while staying in Victoria.

But more I think about it, more complicated it seems I'm making it- I've been looking at websites, air fares/schedules, tour bus schedules/fares for hours now- I know it is just a little trip so maybe I'm just too tired. But, any answers/suggestions/help would be great.
thanks,pdmli123

Edited by pdmli123 (07/15/14 08:10 AM)
Edit Reason: forgot to mention car

#51004 - 11/05/13 02:13 PM Re: The Canadian Resort Review [Re: ]
Bsabco Offline

I have stayed in the Canadian now for over 10 years and the location cannot be beat, one is in walking distance to so much, and then it is also a short walk to the Grandville Skytrain station to go other places. Joey at the front desk is so nice and friendly, makes one feel right at home.

[b]Only thing that I find fault with is the new wireless Internet service that is in the condos.
The wireless system keeps dropping the connection so you have to stop what you are doing and try to reconnect. This has happened to me the last two times (Feb and Nov 2013)that I have stayed in this property.They need to beef up the wireless system, or go back to the old Internet system where you had a bridge to use and a consistant connection.

#50812 - 09/11/13 12:41 PM Re: The Canadian Resort Review - Puerto Rico Resorts [Re: ]
kiara Offline

Loc: Houston, TX
We were there last week for my birthday.

Awesome! The units are small but the building is located near everything. We had all our breakfasts in the room and they have the best appliances and silverwares, cooking utensils and a very convenient washer dryer. The service was excellent. The room was clean and spotless.
There is a market walking distance with the best food ever, cooked food too, deli type.

There are shops and two or three beauty salons.

We travel to Whistler, Victoria, Stanley Park, Caligiano Bridge, Aquarium, Church, Canadian Center. My Birthday dinner was at the restaurant on topofthe view at the Canadian Center where the cruises arrive and departure. The view was just gorgeous, pacific ocean, mountains. Excellent food.

Have so many pictures but can't download them here. Send me your email and I can email them to you.

Trolly, buses, taxis, everywhere. Very near The Sheraton Wall and Starbuck, Subway.

I am from Puerto Rico and have been to two resorts and travel every year if you need some advice.

#48287 - 07/17/12 10:24 AM Re: The Canadian Resort Review [Re: ]
fecklar01 Offline

The location is amazing. Views extraordinary. Well use of space. Yes, it is small but your in the city. Lots of security. Separate keys and keycards. A couple of questionable things. One, where is wifi. Many people have mobile devices and cannot link up to the ibridge. I need to print coupons and I have no place to print it. Therefore, I must use my mobile device but no wifi in the rooms. I recently visited Discovery Bay and they are completely wireless with ethostream. Two, the health club. It is located across the street at the Sheraton. The pool is tiny for the amount of people that use it. Was there at 8PM and could not get into the pool. I agree with previous post that more time should be spent at Victoria where the pool is saltwater and bigger. Three, hot rooms in the summer. 3 fans going and all windows open and it is still stuffy. Fourth, had a difficult time moving rooms. I had one night in a 2bd compact and had to move to a 2bd compact sn. Let the front desk know upfront of the move. No desire to get me into the other room before I checked out at noon. Told me to pack everything up and just leave it in the room. Would be nice to get moved before noon. First time this has occurred. I just moved rooms at Sundance and they had my new room and keys to me at 8AM.

Places stayed: All in Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana and Canada plus Angels Camp, Windsor, Clear Lake, Marina and Anaheim.

#46409 - 09/18/11 02:58 PM Re: The Canadian Resort Review [Re: ]
skhoux Offline

Loc: Washington
We spent the first night in a 2 bedroom on the 24th floor. I can't say enough of the view. During the day and evening, it is awesome!! The room was decorated beautifully. It was shiny, even the outside handle of the door shined. However, oh my God the security is crazy! I have never had to unbolt a luggage cart from a padlock attached to a pole. There is only one door that Worldmark owners can enter. There are keys to enter and leave, as well as to use the elevator. And the staff I felt was not friendly, Rachel in the front office seem annoyed anytime I spoke to her. The gal who checked me in rushed me through so quickly because there were others waiting. That she missed important steps.

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.