Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#11517 - 04/13/04 09:13 PM Travel Tips and Directions for La Paloma
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

What travel tips or favorite directions do you have for La Paloma? Title your reply "Travel Tips - La Paloma", or "Directions - La Paloma and Rosarito area" and they will be easy to separate and find.

#59341 - 02/23/22 08:07 PM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for La Paloma [Re: allison]
SteveA210 Offline

I was at La Paloma a couple of weeks ago. I really liked it. It was definitely a cooler time of year when I was there, but the weather was never bad, just cool during the day, cold a couple of nights with high winds a couple of days. It was very easy to get to La Paloma. I just put La Paloma, Rosarito into Google Maps and the app directed me right there via the toll road. Be prepared for the resort to be directly on your right after you make a left off the exit from the toll road. There is a small sign that says La Paloma and a smaller sign referring to Worldmark where you park to check in. I had a 2-bedroom place with ocean view. It was very nice. Be sure to ask for the key to get to the little room right across the hall from your unit that has the washer/dryer - no coins needed. The heat worked well. I only turned it on in the bedroom, closed the door to keep it toastier on the coldest nights. One idiosyncratic thing was the shower. There was 1 red line on the right side of the dial where you need to put the arrow to get hot water and it took about 5+ minutes for the water to get warm in my unit. The restaurant at La Paloma had good breakfasts and lunches. The Italian place right near La Paloma was excellent. Tacos el Yacqui is a short walk away, just a street over from the main commercial strip. It lived up to its reputation as being among the best tacquerias I've ever been to. The main grocery store is a long 1/2 hour walk from La Paloma - I'd drive it next time. Smart & Final is a good bit closer and was fine for filling in other grocery needs. Lots of places to change money on the main commercial strip. Banks give the best rates. Be sure to bring your passport if you want to change money at a bank. Be prepared for a long wait getting back across the border to the U.S. My wait at about 8 am was well over an hour. According to the border waiting times sites I looked at, San Ysidro crossing had shorter wait times than Otai Mesa.

Edited by SteveA210 (02/23/22 08:11 PM)

#59268 - 07/29/21 04:47 AM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for La Paloma [Re: allison]
bthorman Offline

Loc: San Francisco Area
We were there several years ago. The resort is very nice and quiet (at least when we were there). The staff is very nice, but not "in your face" (they are not WM employees). Very residential.

The area reminded us of Hayward, CA where we lived. Everyone speaks English and the area seemed very safe. We were there off season, so not many people/tourists. Very nice places to eat in town and the surrounding area.

#59267 - 07/28/21 12:04 PM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for La Paloma [Re: Forum Host]
allison Offline

I am considering traveling to La Paloma the end of October and wondered if anyone has been there before and if they liked the resort and surrounding area? We have been to other areas of Mexico but never this far north. How does it compare with other resort destinations in Mexico?

#59013 - 01/23/20 10:13 AM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for La Paloma [Re: Ballinghambunch]
mikbrykar Offline

HI there... were you able to get a hold of Pat? We too are going in March 2020 and would love
more information. Does Pat still give out emails about the area? Thanks..Nancy

#58938 - 10/20/19 12:33 PM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for La Paloma [Re: Forum Host]
teisco Offline

I am taking the family down to Rosarito for Thanksgiving weekend. Has anyone traveled down there recently? The bus used to be the easiest way to get there, travel from San Diego directly to Rosarito, one price. They have since closed operations. Does anyone know the easiest/safest way to travel now the buses are not running? I won't drive down there. Thanks.

#58703 - 02/21/19 01:54 PM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for La Paloma [Re: Forum Host]
DangerBob Offline

Loc: Seattle, Wa
Myself and others had a hard time finding the place using the GPS on our phone. Mexican addresses as listed for the resort get you kinda close, but no cigar. If you are going to the La Paloma resort where worldmark has some rooms, put in this address and it should get you right there. (PS: don't look for a Worldmark sign...there isn't one)

Carretera Libre Tijuana - Ensenada Km 28.2
Int. 295 Cond. La Paloma
Zip is 22710 City is Rosarito State is Baja California
Country is Mexico

#58493 - 09/10/18 11:13 AM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for La Paloma [Re: Pstreet1]
Ballinghambunch Offline

Pat,
Would you mind sending me your travel tips? My wife and I will be visiting La Paloma in about 2 weeks. We need info on transportation (rental cars) and would love any info you can give us on local restaurants, activities, etc.
thank you!!!
DJ Ballingham
Ballinghambunch@gmail.com

#58486 - 09/05/18 07:08 PM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for La Paloma [Re: DangerBob]
Melisa Offline

I am going there next month.. and I'm actually getting a rental car through www.turo.com .. it is private people renting out their cars. You just have to find a person who will let you go across the border. I am getting a great little Yaris, for a week with premium insurance it was only 245.00.. of course everyone has different prices, but for me this was perfect and she is meeting me at the airport for pickup and dropoff. Depending on how driving/parking etc is, I may use a cab for some touring at the resort, but I'll see when I get there!!
M

#58484 - 09/02/18 12:46 PM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for La Paloma [Re: Forum Host]
DangerBob Offline

Loc: Seattle, Wa
We will be heading to Rosarito next February from Seattle...flying into San Diego Airport. Alamo Rental, as an example, will charge us an extra $245 for the week for "cross the border" insurance. Do you think it would make more sense for us to rent a car and pay for the insurance? Or should we simply hire transport to Rosarito from the airport and rely on cabs to go anywhere we might want/need to? Not sure how available or expensive cabs and all that might be. A car there would be nice for the freedom to go wherever whenever, but just not sure how necessary or what the trade-off would be financially.

#58291 - 04/27/18 03:30 PM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for La Paloma [Re: cliffh]
Pstreet1 Offline

Sorry I didn't answer some posts. I've been traveling and busy so I just haven't been checking the forum. Emails work better because I (usually) see those. Since tourist season is about to go into full swing, I expect there will be more new visitors. I'll be glad to help, but once again, I'm traveling cool and I may miss posts.
Pat

#58190 - 03/06/18 07:44 PM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for La Paloma [Re: Forum Host]
cliffh Offline

Loc: OREGON
I am looking for RV parking for a friend that wants to be close to us at the resort? Help!

#58166 - 02/25/18 02:30 PM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for La Paloma [Re: Forum Host]
livetotravel Offline

Pstreet I would love to have info about driving Mexico, visiting La Paloma, and anything we could do with children 8 & 10. We plan on going the first week of April. We wanted to visit somewhere close for our children spring break, but now that we have plans wondering if there will be tons of spring breakers. I finally convinced my husband to drive in although he still has reservations. My email is laurad-w@sbcglobal.net

#57982 - 10/22/17 12:41 PM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for La Paloma [Re: otono1]
Pstreet1 Offline

Originally Posted By: otono1
Could you send me information about renting cars in Tijuana? I am planning to stay at La Paloma Nov 12-12. We are planning to take the trolley from San Diego to the border and are debating a rental car or using a taxi. Thank you!

You need to give me your email address. Just PM me. : )

#57980 - 10/22/17 11:25 AM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for La Paloma [Re: Forum Host]
bingoqueen151 Offline

Pstreet,

I sent you a private message. I've seen you're very active in the message boards for La Paloma. My husband and I live in Arizona and we're planning to go to La Paloma over the Thanksgiving weekend with another couple. I've never been to Mexico at all and neither have my friends. My husband has been to Rocky Point. Anyway, I was hoping you might be able to email me some recommendations (food, activities, etc.) as well as reassure us all that it's safe. Also, anything I should be aware of or do prior to leaving for the trip (obviously we all need our passports). I think I saw we need to fill out some kind of visitors form at the border. I think it's possible to do in advance. Is this recommended? How long do you think we will have to wait at the border? I put my email address in the private message.

#57957 - 10/07/17 07:22 AM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for La Paloma [Re: Forum Host]
Shelleyp1 Offline

I need some travel tips and restaurant recommendations
Coming there in early November
Shelley Parker

#57400 - 12/28/16 04:42 PM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for La Paloma [Re: Longbeach]
Pstreet1 Offline

I've sent you about 30 emails on Rosarito and the area. Be sure to check your spam folder to be certain none of them went there. Because I send so many, that sometimes happens. Let me know if you have questions. Obviously, my email address is on the emails.
Pat

#57396 - 12/27/16 10:45 AM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for La Paloma [Re: kawacym]
Longbeach Offline

Loc: California
Thank you very much for the information.
Hopefully, P Street will contact me.
Don

#57395 - 12/27/16 06:50 AM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for La Paloma [Re: Longbeach]
bthorman Offline

It was a couple years ago. We flew into San Diego and rented a car to drive down. We missed a sign coming back and ended up in the wrong line. It cost us an hour while our car was searched and passports taken for review.

#57393 - 12/26/16 02:31 PM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for La Paloma [Re: Pstreet1]
Longbeach Offline

PStreet,
Wow! You are highly thought of.
I am going to LaPaloma in August.
Any recommendations you can give to me I would appreciate.
donjkaiser@yahoo.com
Thanks, Don

#57392 - 12/26/16 02:30 PM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for La Paloma [Re: steeler1mws]
Longbeach Offline

Mike, Rogene & Billy
Glad to hear you had no problems.
Any recommendations or suggestions for our trip?
How was the resort itself?
Thanks, Don

#57391 - 12/26/16 02:26 PM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for La Paloma [Re: bthorman]
Longbeach Offline

Beth,
When did you go?
Do you have any recommendations or suggestions for me?
Don

#57390 - 12/26/16 02:15 PM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for La Paloma [Re: Longbeach]
bthorman Offline

We had no problems. Coming back took a long time and be sure to follow the signs exactly.

#57389 - 12/26/16 12:49 PM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for La Paloma [Re: Pstreet1]
Longbeach Offline

I have a reservation for LaPaloma in August. Is it safe to drive there from Los Angeles area? Is it safe at the Resort and travel to Rosarita Beach.
Long Beach
donjkaiser@yahoo.com

#57251 - 10/12/16 06:46 AM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for La Paloma [Re: Forum Host]
Pstreet1 Offline

Several of you have asked that I send my emails, and I'm happy to do it, but I have to have your email address. When you ask on the board in a private message, please include your email address or you'll be wondering why you haven't heard from me. And again, please give me some time. We just got back from a cruise, and we'll be leaving again in about a week; when we're traveling, I may not have access to a computer to send the emails, so please ask more than a day or two before you plan to visit Rosarito.

#57137 - 08/13/16 08:51 AM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for La Paloma [Re: Forum Host]
Pstreet1 Offline

In my emails about Rosarito, I've mentioned to some of you that there is entertainment you might like and told you about Alex and Miguel. Well, Alex and Miguel are currently in Rio playing at the games--and when they get back, you can wander in and enjoy for no cost if it's a regular night, or if it's a concert, for about $10.00 a person cover charge.

This video is from Rio. Alex and Miguel come on stage at 25.19 (just move the timer). After that, there's about 1 minute of messing with the sound system, and then, they do themselves proud!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6j5pIeyLZw

#56793 - 04/04/16 09:11 AM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for La Paloma [Re: Forum Host]
Pstreet1 Offline

I'm happy to send the emails to anyone, but I can't stress enough that you need to ask before "leaving the next day." We travel a lot (April 15th off to Barcelona for 3 weeks), then to Texas, then probably back to Rosarito--I may not see your request or I may not have access to a computer that has my information on it. Right now, I have a broken shoulder, and I'm not on the computer as much as usual. Please ask before needing them immediately so I don't have to feel bad about disappointing you.

Also, for anyone worried about safety, you need to look at www.howsafeisMexico.com They do a better job of showing you with graphs/comparisons/maps than I can that it's safe to travel to Mexico. I can only say that we've owned our home there for 18 years and we've NEVER felt unsafe, nor have any of our many friends, quite a few of whom live there full time. It is safe to visit Rosarito!
Pat

#56781 - 03/26/16 02:57 PM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for La Paloma [Re: Forum Host]
Pstreet1 Offline

Promotional video on Rosarito--nice pictures of some favorites: https://www.facebook.com/ROSARITOTV/videos/10153088589649506/?fref=nf

#56776 - 03/23/16 02:27 PM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for La Paloma [Re: kavna4]
Pstreet1 Offline

Absolutely there are. If you'd like my emails--rental cars, directions, restaurants, etc.--send me a private message with your email address.
Pat

#56775 - 03/23/16 01:31 PM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for La Paloma [Re: Forum Host]
kavna4 Offline

I will be visiting San Diego later this year and I am planning on going on down to La Paloma. I understand there are rental car companies in San Diego who will rent cars and they can be taken into Mexico. Can you verify this?

Tony

#56727 - 03/02/16 10:51 AM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for La Paloma [Re: Forum Host]
Pstreet1 Offline

Just wanted to say that I'm heading for Italy, so no emails from March 10th until March 21st. If you are thinking you might like them, ask soon.
Pat

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.