Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Page 6 of 21 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 20 21 >
Topic Options
#9977 - 04/13/04 09:03 PM Questions and Comments for Coral Baja
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Have questions regarding this resort? Want to give someone kudos for the great story they shared in their Vacation Journal or for their awesome photo album? Do it here. Title your reply "Questions - Coral Baja," "Kudos: Journal - Coral Baja," or "Kudos: Photos - Coral Baja." This will make it easy to search this thread to find the questions and answers or respective kudos. Be sure to gibe us the username for your thank you.

Best Regards,

Vacation Forum Admin

Edited by Administrator (10/03/14 11:21 AM)

#55470 - 12/29/14 10:16 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Cindy Shepherd]
jgmackay Offline

Loc: Washington State
Typically, full coverage runs about $35-45/day. Liability only is of course cheaper but, not recommended. A lot of information can be gleemed from trip advisor forums about where to rent and info on types of insurance offered in Mexico and/or in SJD.

#55461 - 12/23/14 03:17 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Cindy Shepherd]
bthorman Offline

Loc: San Francisco Area
Are they accepting reservations at Coral Baja for Feb 2015? The website still says April.

#55460 - 12/23/14 02:49 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
Cindy Shepherd Offline

Loc: Montana
We are going to San Jose del Cabo in February, and I wonder what is the current situation with insurance on rental cars. Is liability insurance required by the rental companies? I don't see any requirement on their websites. Last April, it was required and cost 3 x as much as the car.

#55443 - 12/16/14 08:48 AM Re: Coral Baja Closure [Re: Administrator]
Bellgirl Offline

Loc: California
I have reservations for June and I have felt confident that the resort will be up and running. However; I am feeling anxious because of a lack of information that is being sent from WorldMark. Can we get monthly updates? If the resort takes longer than expected I don't want to find out 30 days before and then have to scramble to find another place to go with my 10 people. Pictures would be nice too, so we can see the progress.

#55387 - 12/02/14 05:00 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: dinky1952]
bthorman Offline

Thank you for the news. It's good to know what's going on and what to expect.

#55386 - 12/01/14 08:19 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: oldcoach]
dinky1952 Offline

I returned 10 days ago from Cabo/San Jose del Cabo. Driving past Coral Baja there is evident structural damage visible from the road. There is no way the resort could be open by January or February, maybe not even April. Several hotels on the Pacific side of Cabo are just deserted. San Jose del Cabo got the brunt of the hurricane, at least Cabo got the relief of the "eye". Many areas in San Jose are still on generator power.

The resorts along the corridor are not in good or operating condition (this is common knowledge to all the locals) and many have worse damage than Coral Baja. The entire face/front of the Hyatt Hotel in San Jose is simply gone. There's lots of vegetation damage but every resort has their grounds crews obviously working overtime to at least have "clean faces" to present to visitors. If the resorts on the corridor claim to have rooms, they are very few and many amenities will probably be lacking.

The airport is functioning. Don't expect gate assignments on your boarding passes. Don't expect overhead monitors for flight information. Don't expect an escalator or even ceilings. Don't expect a loudspeaker system to announce flights, gates etc. You can plan on one or two karaoke type machines and an employee walking with a sign. BUT it is functioning! Bring your patience and understanding that they are truly doing their absolute best.

I stayed for 9 days in San Jose at the Posada Terranova (won't highly recommend) and the Tropicana (highly recommend and they're offering a hurricane discount). The latter also sustained damage but the average visitor would be hard-pressed to find anything to complain about. The pool is great. The owners and staff very friendly and helpful. The restaurant offers wonderful food (try the sea bass or tuna).

The people of these areas are remarkable. They are resilient. There is still a big party in the Square in San Jose every Saturday night. The beachfront restaurants and bars in Cabo are lit up for partying, although there is still plywood windows visible in many of the buildings nearby. All are working to restore their livelihood and places of employment. Life goes on and they are doing all they can to make tourists comfortable and provide a good experience, both of which can be had.

Visit! Don't stay away! Bring your swimsuits, golf clubs, patience and a good attitude. You'll have a good time.

Edited by dinky1952 (12/01/14 08:21 PM)

#55384 - 12/01/14 02:06 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
oldcoach Offline

Bad news about Coral Baja! I certainly would love to see more (or ANY??) info coming from WM or Wyndham about the resort. For what it's worth (and I hate to jump in in the middle of the discussion), a couple of days ago, I talked with an old friend who goes w/ her husband to Cabo every year (sometimes more than once a year). Have been going for 25 years plus. They stay IN Cabo, along Medano Beach area. She said that appx 80% of all the rooms/ resorts along the coast between Cabo and San Jose were damaged heavily enough to STILL BE CLOSED (two weeks ago). Sounds like the worst of it was along that 20-mile stretch. She also said that Cabo, San Jose, and the airport, are still messed up some, but operating as good as can be expected. When I told her about Coral Baja closed till May(?), she didn't bat an eye, and said "if you're lucky". Remember, they went by there on their way to their resort.............. PS--- CaboBill---- Are you out there? Send me a PM, old friend.------ The Old Coach

#55315 - 10/30/14 02:49 PM Coral Baja Closure [Re: Forum Host]
Administrator Offline

In September, Mexico's Baja California Peninsula was severely impacted by Hurricane Odile. Approximately 300 families and 40 associates found themselves stranded at WorldMark Coral Baja for nearly a week in the midst of s serious destruction. Almost all the windows in the resort were blown out and the grounds, as well as the surrounding community, were devastated.
Due to the current state of the WorldMark Coral Baja resort and the significant property damage that was caused by the hurricane, the resort will remain closed through April 2015.

If you have a reservation between now and April 30, 2015 please cancel it online or call the Vacation Planning Center at 800-457-0103.

WorldMark Owner Care

#55305 - 10/28/14 08:12 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: rahcco]
Pstreet1 Offline

Sorry that the post proved to be accurate--and then some. Could you persuade Worldmark to make an exchange for you with RCI or II? There are some beautiful resorts in Cabo, and they have access to them. When they cancelled our stay in San Francisco, they booked us at the Fairmount--it cost us a bunch for parking, but it's for sure we wouldn't have paid the price to stay at the Fairmount on our own, and now, we've stayed there.

#55303 - 10/27/14 06:50 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
rahcco Offline

Loc: CO
We had a reservation for a two week stay arriving three days after Odile. First they canceled our first week. Then came the January 31 date. We rebooked for beginning of March. Then I read about the April 15 date.
So, I just called WM. Today they were told the earliest will be at least May 1, 2015 but not yet guaranteed. The damage is much worse than they thought. Yes, other resorts have opened. Coral Baja just seemed to be in the middle of the eye of the storm. Every window was broken, everything inside rooms was soaked, bbq's were pulled out of the ground, some roofs were torn off, etc. They are basically rebuilding from ground up. However, construction is not like in the states. It is much harder to even get the equipment and supplies down there to be able to go to work.
Unfortunately, we have to cancel our new reservations --- and redeal with the airline. Wish us luck there.
Good luck to the rest of you too.

#55297 - 10/27/14 07:43 AM Re: My info about resort & flight [Re: bthorman]
Pstreet1 Offline

Here's the link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g15..._Californi.html

Go to the last page; it's in the last 3 or 4 posts.

#55294 - 10/26/14 03:58 PM Re: My info about resort & flight [Re: Pstreet1]
bthorman Offline

Can you provide the link? I can't find any "predicted open date" on the website.

#55293 - 10/26/14 12:23 PM Re: My info about resort & flight [Re: jingqy]
Pstreet1 Offline

Trip Advisor.

#55290 - 10/24/14 11:52 PM Re: My info about resort & flight [Re: Pstreet1]
jingqy Offline

Hi, where did you see the post that said the Cora Baja resort will be opened on April 15, 2015
Thanks.
Jean

#55289 - 10/24/14 04:14 PM Re: My info about resort & flight [Re: christinern]
Pstreet1 Offline

I just saw a post on another forum that Worldmark announced today that the resort won't open again until at least April 15, 2015.

#55242 - 10/07/14 09:47 AM My info about resort & flight [Re: Forum Host]
christinern Offline

My family had a reservation for the end of October. The lady who called me from Worldmark was very nice and stated that they predict the resort would not be open until January 2015.

We had non-refundable tickets on United Airlines. We called the airlines and they called worldmark while we were on hold with them to confirm that the resort was closed. We received a full refund in the form of credit on United Airlines to use within 1 yr. We did not get charged a penalty. We were happy with the outcome.

Christine

#55240 - 10/03/14 11:16 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: pammbi]
Administrator Offline

It is important to keep in mind that the other resorts mentioned are not WorldMark properties and are probably budgeted differently. The cost for repairs when a WorldMark resort is damaged comes from The Club budget and not Wyndham who is the manager and developer for The Club. There are many other factors at work here as well. The bottom line is that we want the resort to be in tip top shape before reopening it. Based on my experience I would not imagine that the resort will be reopened any sooner that the date given.

I'm happy to see that you will be attending the meeting in Bellevue. We look forward to seeing you there.

Best Regards,
Vacation Forum Admin

#55239 - 10/02/14 10:00 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: magmuffin]
pammbi Offline

Loc: Seattle, Washington
interesting response from the administrator. I do not believe that Wyndham does not have the resources, since they also maintain Tesoro in Cabo and it is up and running. The Playa Grande and Grand Solmar are opening this month and their damage was on some many of the photos coming out of the area. Going to the Owner's meeting in Bellevue next week might be an opportunity to pin down the board members for more specific answers. I am annoyed at the lack of information and communiques from Wyndham and Worldmark. Anyone know someone in the area who can go and look at the resort?

#55234 - 10/01/14 03:20 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: suemck]
magmuffin Offline

Loc: White Rock, BC
Hi; I sent a private message to the Administrator myself and asked him the same question because I have reservations for Nov 16th for a week. He replied back to my message. He told me that Worldmark is a non profit organization and therefore does not have the same resources as the other hotels in the area. I replied back to the administrator that he should put the reply on the Forum. But it has been a week and I haven't seen anything. Maybe send your own private message to the Administrator and see what answer you get back. Good luck.

#55231 - 09/30/14 12:50 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: mukanddave]
suemck Offline

Loc: BC Canada
Originally Posted By: mukanddave
It would be helpful if the administrator could provide some picture of the storm damage and an explanation as to why Coral Baja is not anticipating accepting guest until Jan. 31st when most other resorts are saying the end of October. As paid members we would appreciate more honest updates.

I agree with you. The information from Worldmark on Coral Baja has been down right horrible. WM should be posting pictures and updates on the progress of repairs on a regular basis for those of us that are interested.

Cheers!

#55222 - 09/25/14 09:43 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
btsams Offline

We stayed at the resort during the hurricane. The resort was not as damaged as other properties but the repairs are still extensive. Our penthouse ceiling collapsed, both sliding glass doors shattered and the frames were blown off the wall. The floors were sinking from the amount of water that had saturated the unit. The staff, especially the manager Zulema, were so wonderful and did a great job for the circumstances that they are the one reason I will return.

#55219 - 09/24/14 11:34 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Administrator]
pammbi Offline

Loc: Seattle, Washington
I have been reading the posts and instagrams about the area. The locals are working hard to get every store and resort open "for the tourists" and "before the tourists come." I know the staff at Coral Baja and how gracious they are. If at possible, I am sure they would like to be open.
I wonder what is going on and why the communication is not coming forward from Worldmark or Wyndham about the condition of the resort. We are able to read about the resorts and hotels and stores in the vicinity, but not Coral Baja.
Having Coral Baja closed when so many others are opening is not okay. Selfishly, there are 10 of us with reservations over the Christmas holiday; I would like to have a place to stay. I would like to stay at Coral Baja.

#55218 - 09/24/14 07:50 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: mukanddave]
dinky1952 Offline

I also had reservations for Coral Baja for November.
I will be arriving in Cabo with the Baja Ha Ha flotilla from San Diego and had looked forward to an extra week's stay at Coral Baja. That reservation is now cancelled.

I was able to get confirmed "on paper" reservations for a hotel in San Jose del Cabo for the week I'd planned to stay before flying back to San Diego. (*I'll be calling to confirm just before sailing to double confirm that I have a bed.)

Unfortunately, my son had to cancel his participation completely because he can't be assured he'd return to the states as planned. My time is more flexible and if necessary I can stay with the boat and sail on to La Paz.

I contacted Alaska Air and anticipated huge issues with requesting a refund for his ticket. No problems at all. Not even a phone wait. They were very nice. No penalties and the refund was processed in less than 3 days. I was informed that while my return flight might not be in jeopardy, I could call and they would credit my ticket fee towards any other connections that they could make for me if it was (ie; home via Mexico City etc). They also stated that no tickets are sold at the airports in Baja - which was news to me. So, if you need to change your flight etc, you must do so by phone, directly with the airline.

I still anticipate a wonderful visit. Granted, it will not be the Cabo that I have visited many times before, nor will it be as easy. I have had to plan for contingencies now.

Everyone I've had direct contact with, from Worldmark to Alaska Airlines has been more than helpful and made the changes quite easy.

#55216 - 09/23/14 12:19 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Administrator]
mukanddave Offline

Loc: Leavenworth, Wa
It would be helpful if the administrator could provide some picture of the storm damage and an explanation as to why Coral Baja is not anticipating accepting guest until Jan. 31st when most other resorts are saying the end of October. As paid members we would appreciate more honest updates.

#55209 - 09/21/14 12:55 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: abfoster2001]
bthorman Offline

Due to the circumstances, many airlines are allowing you to change the flight (or give you credit) even without being refundable. Virgin America didn't even charge us a penalty fee. We've booked at La Paloma a week later than our trip to Coral Baja was scheduled.

Hope things work out for you.

#55208 - 09/21/14 12:42 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
abfoster2001 Offline

We have non-refundable plane tickets for a two week stay over Christmas. I'm concerned that we have been asked to cancel our reservations; most resorts in the area are claiming that they will be open by the end of October, why is Worldmark saying January 31?

Edited by abfoster2001 (09/21/14 12:43 PM)

#55206 - 09/21/14 08:40 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
no1coug Offline

Here's some info from someone who stayed at Coral Baja:
http://www.komonews.com/younews/275517341.html

So sad...our FAVORITE resort.

#55203 - 09/20/14 11:42 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Pstreet1]
Bolero Offline

Loc: White Rock, BC, Canada
This information is a little more current Pstreet1.
http://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/los-cabo...ileupdate-09-19

#55201 - 09/19/14 10:08 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Maynard503]
Administrator Offline

Hello,

The Coral Baja resort has been closed until January 31, 2015 for repairs due to the extensive damage that occurred during the hurricane.

At this time all guests have been evacuated.

It is important to remember that the resort is a half hour from town and is in a safe area.

Best Regards,

Vacation Forum Admin.

Edited by Administrator (09/19/14 10:10 AM)

#55199 - 09/18/14 11:07 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Pstreet1]
Pstreet1 Offline

Apparently, things are really bad in Cabo--desperation for water: http://www.aol.com/article/2014/09/18/police-step-up-security-in-los-cabos-after-odile/20964486/?icidhttp://www.aol.com/article/2014/09/18/police-step-up-security-in-los-cabos-after-odile/20964486/?icid=maing-grid7%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl4%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D531897=maing-grid7%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl4%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D531897

Page 6 of 21 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 20 21 >

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.