Who's Online
0 registered (), 26 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#15600 - 05/04/05 01:02 PM Exchange and Associate/Affiliate Resorts
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

[b]This is for those of you who have exchanged your WM credits for exchange or associate/affiliate resort locations. Share where you went and what it was like.

Happy travels!

Forum Hostess

Edited by Administrator (04/23/15 02:20 PM)

#59311 - 11/17/21 01:49 PM Re: Exchange and Associate/Affiliate Resorts [Re: Forum Host]
alumnieib Offline

Last year I booked a week in Princeville, HI at the Shearwater, a cold crown RCI resort with the Worldmark Exchange program. I had to cancel it due to a family conflict. I just tried to reserve for next year and find my choices for a RCI resort in Kauai now limited to 3 resorts and the Shearwater is no longer available. Has RCI now limited the resorts we can book?

Edited by alumnieib (11/17/21 01:51 PM)

#58914 - 09/12/19 08:50 AM Re: Exchange and Associate/Affiliate Resorts [Re: Grammy Marce]
Jack and Jo Offline

Loc: Washington
I looked at the date the message was written after I posted. I hope you have been able to go and if so how was it?

#58913 - 09/12/19 08:46 AM Re: Exchange and Associate/Affiliate Resorts [Re: Grammy Marce]
Jack and Jo Offline

Guess what! I thought so too... It turns out that a Worldmark Gold Pass reservation can only be made by calling a vacation counselor and talking to a gold pass counselor. The reservation page always came up under Wyndham reservations and was empty so I called and asked. I phoned in July, 2019 and have a reservation for a week in November, 2019. Try that. Good luck!

#58149 - 02/21/18 06:01 AM Re: RCI SPacebeank Rules [Re: Mikeyman]
LOTES Offline

@Mikeyman,

It depends. wink

If the credits you are referring to are Worldmark Credits, still in your Worldmark account, then you must BOOK them against an upcoming reservation before they expire in May. The reservation may be 13 months out ... even 13 months beyond the credit expiration date, if needed. However, be careful should you need to cancel or rebook that reservation as credits tend to disappear from the system once they've expired. Use a phone representative should you need to rework that reservation rather than attempting to make changes online, on your own.

If the credits have already been deposited (aka 'banked') to RCI (the topic of this section of the forum) then you must either travel before the expiration (book a reservation that starts before the credits expire) or pay RCI a fee to extend the credits. RCI will not allow booking beyond the credit expiration date.

Your best bet is using them inside the Worldmark account, if you have not already banked them with RCI. Good luck!

#58141 - 02/18/18 05:12 PM RCI SPacebeank Rules [Re: Forum Host]
Mikeyman Offline

I hace some credits expiring in May. Do I need to use them by May or simply have a reservation?

#58071 - 01/07/18 01:27 PM Re: Exchange and Associate/Affiliate Resorts [Re: Forum Host]
brueton Offline

Loc: British Columbia
Once you agree to an exchange with Interval when do the points get charged to your account and where can i find a record of this transaction

#56989 - 06/23/16 12:37 PM Royal Kuhio, HI [Re: Forum Host]
Itsnat Offline

Loc: CA
I'm on a wait list for this exchange resort and can't locate any reviews or comments on what to expect. Since it is not a WM or Trendwest resort, I'm curious as to the Vacation Internationale resorts as far as amenities, cleanliness, etc. Has anyone stayed there recently???

#55971 - 06/05/15 06:32 AM Re: rental credits [Re: Forum Host]
margie49 Offline

Loc: Texas
How do you rent credits to owners when you have extra your not using?

#55129 - 09/13/14 03:20 PM Re: Exchange and Associate/Affiliate Resorts [Re: ]
gdbjcb62 Offline

Loc: Oregon, USA
Planning a fly fishing trip to Belize next year (probably Sept/Oct) and have no idea about exchanges for that area. We plan to be near San Pedro on Ambergris Cay (spelling). Any ideas?

#54110 - 01/14/14 06:31 PM Re: Exchange and Associate/Affiliate Resorts [Re: ]
ricede01 Offline

We moved from the West coast to Kentucky about 7 years ago. We were very glad to have the East Coast Wyndham properties to keep our vacations relatively affordable, rather than stay limited to traveling great distances to the West Coast properties. We've stayed at and recommend the Williamsburg, Fairfield Glade and the Smoky Mountains resorts. We're hikers and I never would've guessed that Williamsburg would have been as interesting as it was ... actors playing scenes in the streets. Some were revolutionaries and others were loyalists. What a wonderful sermon coming from a loyalist at the William and Mary college chapel ... totally unexpected. Fairfield Glade was beautiful, but again, good for outdoor activities and historical perspective. Smoky Mountains can be a tourist trap, but good variety of shopping, shows, things of interest and then there's the limitless hikes and gorgeous beauty, wildlife and history.

It will be interesting to see how many resorts open up with the new Wyndham Clubpass. Of GREAT concern is the fact that the properties won't be available for booking until JUNE (which will make us miss the 10 month window for our annual trek to the gorgeous fall colors of the Smoky Mountains ... very tough to get into if you aren't in that 10 month window).

There are very few WorldMark properties in the Midwest and East coast. That is why Wyndham properties have been value added in this area. But now they're going to start charging an exchange fee. We will never be able to use my housekeeping fee, unless I decide to fly somewhere for vacation (we don't waste our money on airlines who treat people like cattle).

Worldmark by Wyndham is currently only WorldMark ... at least for 1st half of this year. Why take so long to make these properties available back to those of us who need them due to geographic need?? Seems like very poor planning.

#50661 - 08/17/13 10:15 PM Re: Exchange and Associate/Affiliate Resorts [Re: Grammy Marce]
cynthreab Offline

Loc: Renton, WA
We're on the waiting list, but, yes, even 6 years later, it never seems to have availability. If we actually get to stay, we'll definitely report out!

#50488 - 07/21/13 08:44 PM Re: Exchange and Associate/Affiliate Resorts [Re: ]
Grammy Marce Offline

Has anyone been able to get a reservation at National Harbor in Maryland? No matter how far in advance I look, I see no availability, so am confused as to why that is. I can find available dates for other Wyndham affiliates but never for this one...

#50418 - 07/07/13 09:02 AM Re: Exchange and Associate/Affiliate Resorts [Re: ]
Aarbee Offline

We are at Pend Oreille Shores Resort in Sandpoint, Idaho. A RCI exchange.It is beautiful here. We have a 2 BR. It is huge and very nice. The interesting thing is that it is listed for 8 people. There are 2 queen sized sleeper sofa beds but no way that both can be open at the same time. Very comfortable for 6 people.
There is a great old theatre that has been refurbished. We saw a great production of Oz that was great.
Not far from Silver Wood amusement park. Lots to do here.

Edited by Aarbee (07/07/13 09:04 AM)

#50407 - 07/03/13 12:41 PM Re: Exchange and Associate/Affiliate Resorts [Re: ]
longtimeowner Offline

Loc: California
Has anybody been to Wyndham Grand London Chelsea Harbour. We would like to go next year (end of June 2014) but there seams to be only one room and the booking window stops at December 15, 2013. Any information on the hotel or booking would be great. Thanks.

#49569 - 02/01/13 08:34 PM Re: Exchange and Associate/Affiliate Resorts [Re: gmagibson]
jcharles Offline

[b][/b]I hope you realize that Fairfield Glade is kind of out in the middle of nowhere. We went there a few summers ago. The surprise to us is that the resort is in the middle of a retirement community. You also will need to drive to the pool and different activities - or at least we did. The units themselves are nice. It was just so isolated. Hope you have a great time!

#49568 - 02/01/13 12:07 PM Re: Exchange and Associate/Affiliate Resorts [Re: dslyter]
gmagibson Offline

Loc: Missouri
The experience we have had is that they only have a couple of units available for WM owners to reserve. That may not be the exact number, but that's it was related to us. We were finally able to book a week in the Smoky Mountains, but it was many, many months in advance. It was well worth it, but you really have to be patient and persistent. We have a week booked at the Fairfield Glade location in a couple of weeks, and hope it's every bit as enjoyable. That one was also booked about 8 months in advance.

Hang in there, keep trying, and good luck!

#49412 - 01/15/13 11:22 AM Re: Exchange and Associate/Affiliate Resorts [Re: joanne963]
jerserygirl65 Offline

Thinking of joining RCI because WM has exchange info with them but our friends have Interval and we all want to go to the same place in Oahu for Christmas. Any suggestions or advice from your experience?

#47271 - 02/26/12 04:23 PM Re: Exchange and Associate/Affiliate Resorts [Re: ]
meladee Offline

Has anyone stayed at Royal Aloha Vaction club/Waikiki?
I have a day to responed to Rci exchange for a two bedroom.I am looking for 8-4-13 for a week for 6 people.Sould I crab it are wait longer? Thank-you!

#47263 - 02/23/12 09:45 PM Re: Exchange and Associate/Affiliate Resorts [Visit Oz...] [Re: ]
cynthreab Offline

Loc: Renton, WA
I'm wondering about the "Down Under Deals" that are being advertised under the special Monday Madness on the WorldMark page. On one hand, it says "South Asia" and another place it says Australia and New Zealand. It also says to book via WorldMark by Wyndham Travel (although another option apparently allows one to book directly). But these actually look like WorldMark resorts rather than exchange etc. resorts.

Guidance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

#47186 - 02/11/12 07:08 AM Re: Exchange and Associate/Affiliate Resorts [Re: Forum Hostess] [Re: JM4evr]
Susie Offline

Loc: Northern California
While in Williamsburg you will have so many choices. Besides the restored/historical part of williamsburg there are both Jamestown and Yorktown lots of fun and lots of history. You can also visit the plantations along the James River. One thing your children should really enjoy is the Williamsburg ghost walk. It was so much fun. There are water parks etc in the area but I have never been to them.

Edited by RondaOS (02/20/12 03:35 PM)

#47184 - 02/10/12 10:08 PM Re: Exchange and Associate/Affiliate Resorts [Re: Forum Hostess] [Re: JM4evr]
jcharles Offline

Dollywood is one of our favorite locations in Pigeon Forge. If it is hot Splash Country is a great waterpark - very close to Dollywood. Then another must for us is the Dixie Stampede. All three of these are somewhat pricey, but we've found them to be worth their price. The Smoky Mountain National Park is also beautiful! Eastern Tennessee is filled with beautiful scenery, good food, and very friendly people. Enjoy!

Edited by RondaOS (02/20/12 03:34 PM)

#47172 - 02/09/12 04:17 PM Re: Exchange and Associate/Affiliate Resorts [Re: Forum Hostess] [Re: ]
JM4evr Offline

Hello... we are travelling to the Sieverville and Willamsburg resorts next month with our 4 kids, ages 8, 14, 14 and 15... please help us find great things to do as a family! What activities would you recommend?

#47118 - 01/31/12 01:16 PM Re: Exchange and Associate/Affiliate Resorts [Re: Forum Hostess] [Re: csarahgo]
travelerjim Offline

Loc: WA, USA
We just returned from 2 nights at the Royal Kuhio and 7 at the Fairway Villa. I don't know if the RK was upgraded, but our room was fine; the different elevators to the parking and the rooms was a bit clunky, but we survived. We felt the FV was a little nicer and the pool area was very nice; FV has washer/dryers in the room too. If you prefer no air conditioning and like to leave your sliding doors & windows open at night, the traffic/road noise is moderately bad at both places, but worse at FV...sirens & honking at all hours and commuters in the morning. The WM's at the other islands are much quieter and nicer facilities, but if you want to see Oahu these are okay.

#47017 - 01/14/12 08:45 PM Re: Exchange and Associate/Affiliate Resorts [Re: ]
ShaunaA Offline

Has anyone been to Belize, specifically the RCI resort The Villas at Banyan Bay?
Reviews (6 of them) are all very good, and I'm looking for a honeymoon destination in June (we've already been to Maui, Kona, Cabo, Victoria, and several northwest resorts -- we want the warm beaches!)

#46839 - 12/12/11 07:06 PM Re: Exchange and Associate/Affiliate Resorts [Re: joanne963]
jcharles Offline

[b][/b]You join Interval International,and then it works just about the same as RCI. I was told recently that a base membership cost $89 per year. I was told recently that Interval International was a good choice rather than RCI. The exchange rates are a bit cheaper, but I noticed that they have far fewer resorts to choose from - maybe it balances out with fewer members. I'd be interested if anyone else out there has any information on I. I.

#46833 - 12/12/11 11:13 AM Re: Exchange and Associate/Affiliate Resorts [Re: ]
joanne963 Offline

Can we use Interval as an exhange company? If so how do we get to do it?
I know how to use RCI as I have a seperate number with them

#46067 - 08/11/11 04:18 PM Fairway Villa Honolulu [Re: ]
idahomom Offline

I was wondering if anyone has been to this exchange? I am thinking about taking my family there next year.

#46066 - 08/11/11 02:31 PM Re: Exchange and Associate/Affiliate Resorts [Re: ]
jedichris Offline

Loc: California
Hi, has anyone used an exchange with RCI to stay at an "all-inclusive" resort and had to pay for the mandatory all-inclusive fees per day? Either in Jamaica or other. Is it worth using the points and paying the extra out of pocket for?
It seems that it would cost about the same amount of money or less out of pocket to just make a reservation directly with any of those resorts, especially if they have specials. It almost seems like a waste of points.

#45323 - 06/04/11 06:59 AM Re: Exchange and Associate/Affiliate Resorts [Re: ]
cleasure Offline

Loc: Northern Virginia
I sent my sister and her family to the Wyndham Resort at Fairfield Bay in Arkansas. There was no warning on the page for the resort that they too were effected by the flooding this year and many of the activities that my sister and her family were going there to enjoy were not available due to this. There was also no mention in any of the brochures or literature that this is a "dry" county. In other words BYOB! Another warning not listed was, if you will be arriving late, CALL! My sister and her family called just before the desk closed at 8pm to find that a lockbox code was needed to enter the resort and her reservation was somehow marked as having been given the code. She was not provided a code, as I was on the phone in a conference call with her and the representative making the reservation. No code was given or anything mentioned or provided saying a code was needed or a call was needed to be provided with a code, if you get what I mean.
The resort is a little rundown and not very "resort like", and due to the flooding quite empty of visitors at the moment. The resort is as it says in a very tiny town and most everything is a drive of about 40 miles away. That being said, my sister said the master has a jetted tub you could fit six people in, and it is a very relaxing place for a family to enjoy together time. I am hoping to hear more and see some pictures for posting later.

#44851 - 04/01/11 05:21 PM Re: Exchange and Associate/Affiliate Resorts [Re: strine56]
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Hello strine56,

These are items that WorldMark by Wyndham Management would like to know about so that we can take immediate action to get these issues addressed. If you would like to discuss your concerns with a representative, the most expeditious way to communicate that concern would be to send it directly to ownersupport@worldmarktheclub.com or call Owner Care at 888.648.7363 option 4.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.