Who's Online
0 registered (), 28 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#4172 - 03/10/04 09:00 PM Coral Baja Resort Review
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Have you stayed at Coral Baja? Here's your chance to tell other owners what it's really like. How big is the pool? How hot is the hot tub? What do you wish you had known before you left home?

#49361 - 01/08/13 03:57 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: OFDwife]
traveler2be Offline

Loc: Oregon
the check-in will make u up a card that u can charge with.

on another thought, has anyone stayed in a two bedroom king room?
What floor? thanks

#49355 - 01/07/13 03:23 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: OFDwife]
bthorman Offline

Loc: San Francisco Area
Yes, the units have washer/dryers.

#49342 - 01/06/13 03:18 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: ]
OFDwife Offline

Hi!
Does anyone know if there is a washer/dryer in each unit?
How does the swim up bar work to buy drinks, is this charged to a credit card?
Is the restaurant open?

#49335 - 01/05/13 08:55 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: Tricia]
dupoks1 Offline

But you can put yourself on a wait list for the two bedroom in phase 1 or 3 groundfloor and you will probably get it .

#49329 - 01/03/13 06:44 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: Tricia]
BretaB Offline

Loc: NW corner Washington State
Most probably because you booked your unit under the 13 month guideline and all the units in the front buildings were taken, we have been to CABO 4 times, and our rule of thumb is 13 months to the day before check-in, much better chance of getting front building units. If that is an issue for your family, ask to be waitlisted for a front building unit based on the number of people in the unit. Good Luch

#49326 - 01/03/13 02:22 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: ]
Tricia Offline

I've just booked Coral Baja for my family of 5 (teenage and up) over July 4th week and they told me we have a 2 bedroom in the back building, no ocean view. Question is, how do they know what room we're getting already? I thought they allocated your room when you arrived. And is there anything I can do to change it for an ocean view?
Thanks!

#49073 - 11/15/12 11:15 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: v_warhol]
firigon Offline

We were just there and the restaurant was closed due to not having a cook. &#128542;

#49072 - 11/15/12 11:12 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: ]
firigon Offline

Just returned from our vacation there and the area has changed since last visited about 8 or 9 years ago. There is a WalMart, Applebee's, etc. in the area. Prices are higher at the restaurants and so we walked to the new Mega Mall from the resort and bought groceries. Overall we had a fun stay. G

Make sure you booked two days for a shuttle to the airport before you leave or else you'll have to take a taxi and that's $40 U.S.

#49016 - 11/05/12 09:42 AM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: DennisG]
Camano Offline

Loc: NW WA State
Originally Posted By: DennisG

My wife and I choose Cabo Worldmark for it’s a given vacation and we can go and relax; just like Cabo Bill, we love to go there and just chill. Lots of things to share about what to do and where to get the best deal/meal/etc,.. just ask.
Will be there the first two weeks of October.

Dennis,
Have not been on this forum for a bit, so has Cabo Bill posted recently?

#48898 - 10/14/12 05:11 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: ]
v_warhol Offline

We stayed at Coral Baja in September 2012. It was very hot and humid outside however the rooms were air conditioned and very comfortable. We really enjoyed our stay there. It is a beautiful resort.

For dining our favorite restaurant was Sardina Cantina just out front of the resort. The food was excellent, service was great and prices were very reasonable. Once we discovered this restaurant we went back every day. Don't miss this restaurant if you go to Coral Baja. The staff is very fun and efficient.

The only thing we would do different next time would be to not go during the summer months.

#48636 - 09/04/12 06:20 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: ]
DennisG Offline

Loc: Olympia, WA
Hello everyone…. Denbo here long term Cabo Worldmark Vacation couple. Last visit was in February of this year …

I have a trip document that I keep up to date with the latest and greatest things to do and I’m always looking for new things to add to it.. if you would like a copy, send me an email at grantdennis@gmailcom and I’ll forward it to you .

My wife and I choose Cabo Worldmark for it’s a given vacation and we can go and relax; just like Cabo Bill, we love to go there and just chill. Lots of things to share about what to do and where to get the best deal/meal/etc,.. just ask.
Will be there the first two weeks of October.

#48563 - 08/23/12 01:43 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: luvwrldmrk]
galej1 Offline

Going to be HOT in August

#48562 - 08/23/12 01:42 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: karen#1]
galej1 Offline

Not for 5 cents!

#48561 - 08/23/12 01:40 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: lvndr12]
galej1 Offline

You can take a bus into Cabo to participate in water activities. And the bus ride is an exciting adventure. We were there last year and had a great trip. I was 73, my grandson 19 and we had a ball. Only drawback to the facility is that you can't use the beach, or ocean. To me, that's a drawback. But, we were by pool everyday and really enjoyed ourselves. And having the restaurant right there, plus Dominoes Pizza delivery, restaurant at top of hill on property, and across the street, offers plenty of places to eat if you don't want to cook!

#48543 - 08/21/12 07:55 AM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: ]
keving Offline

Hola, Amigos. leaving today after a two week stay, enjoyed the resort, activities, and restaurants in the area. FYI that notices went up this week that they will be resurfacing the pool deck starting august 27 and will run to some time in last week of september, per the note they will be doing work in quarters so pool will be open and a quarter of area will be cordoned off with construction activity ongoing, yes the swim up bar will be open!!

#48487 - 08/10/12 04:01 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: ]
luvwrldmrk Offline

Has anyone gone to the resort in August? Suggestions on where to eat and see the best of Coral Baja will be appreciated. Thanks!

#48425 - 08/03/12 09:23 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: shorteygrl]
jcharles Offline

[b][/b]We were there the first of January a few years back. It was warm the entire week, but the first few days were a bit cooler than the end of the week. It wasn't so cold that I needed long sleeves, but a t-shirt was very comfortable. It was always warm enough to swim during the day, but we hit the hot tub once the sun went down.

#48424 - 08/03/12 08:11 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: ]
shorteygrl Offline

Has anyone ever gone in January? We have gone in September and it was hot, but the pool was great!!!

Edited by shorteygrl (08/03/12 08:11 PM)

#48285 - 07/16/12 10:59 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: IVYON]
shelbe10 Offline

Loc: British Columbia
Hi Ivy,

Do you still have credits for rent? Is so please email me the details of how many and rate to Shelley.canfield@telus.net

Thanks,
Shellet

#47823 - 05/17/12 01:29 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: karen#1]
IVYON Offline

KEREN,
I HAVE SOME CREDIT. AND BOOKED WEEK IN CORAL BAJA.
CAN YOU CONTACT ME.FAMILYON@HOTMAIL.COM
IVY

#47802 - 05/15/12 07:59 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: ]
karen#1 Offline

im looking on here where to post an ad to buy some temp credits I dont have enough for coral baja, for decent price,, anyone want to sell some for 5 cents a credit? or?
thanks karen
karenjohnstonlmp@yahoo.com

#47750 - 05/06/12 07:35 AM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: dundeemark]
jjfarmerj Offline

I took 5 seniors to Coral Baja for their senior trip. We had a wonderful time. We loved the pool, and there are several beach options you can drive to. I loved that it was outside of the craziness in Cabo. We did go into Cabo to go deep sea fishing, snorkeling, and to see the city. The management was wonderful and I would definitely go back to Coral Baja. My favorite resort so far. Some of our friends bought time shares in Cabo and have since sold them. The only problem we had was the rental van. It wasn't in great shape and the tires were low.

#47574 - 04/07/12 07:07 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: ]
slemon Offline

Going to Coral Baja April 21 -28. Can anyone recommend a place for several to have a spa day (women leisure pampering)

#47572 - 04/07/12 10:12 AM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: oldcoach]
ZeusNike Offline

Hi, March 11 - 23 they were working on the upper floors of building 2. We were right above the walkway in that building so pretty central. All the resort facilities were operational, the water was off overnight a few times and there were shut offs during the day a few times for 1 to 2 hours per. We had notice most of the time. Our daughter was there in December and was in a different building from where the construction was going on at that time and had no issues whatsoever. Have fun!

#47568 - 04/07/12 07:28 AM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: ZeusNike]
oldcoach Offline

ZN-------Can you say exactly where they are working in the resort? Is anything "not-usable". Do you know how long the project will last? We're heading down mid-next-month. It's not a deal breaker either way, just wondering. The Coral Baja is a great place!!- (that sort-of ties this post to "Resort Review"). Thanks---- the Coach

#47565 - 04/06/12 04:52 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: crrock]
ZeusNike Offline

We were at CB for about our 15th visit this March and, for the first time, we were somewhat disappointed. The construction did partially spoil our vacation. I think it was the location of the unit we were in and how close it was to the major construction going on above (jackhammering). We have received an apology from the manager and I appreciate that the construction has to go on (our unit was finished and was lovely) but I think more care has to go into looking at what units are being booked in relation to where the construction is occuring. It was LOUD! Also, to be fair, we were warned by letter - we had already booked our flights by then however and I don't think that the letter was strongly worded enough. I have forwarded all these concerns to WM.

That being said, the staff are all fabulous, the pool area is beautiful and lots of fun, the beach is gorgeous and you can walk forever in either direction and see few people - we like the resort very much. We also love San Jose! We do pop into Cabo a couple of times when down there but much prefer San Jose. Easy walk for us but my parents took a cab - 50 pesos. We had a couple of excellent meals, the best one at Morgan's Encore but also really enjoyed the Mexican food at Mi Cocina. Had a blast watching hockey at Shooter's Sports Bar(the burger was pretty darn good and they have 10 peso beers and on Wednesday some not bad wine 3 glasses for 79 pesos!).

Will just have to go back I guess!

#47562 - 04/06/12 12:54 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: OregonJohn]
crrock Offline

We spent a week in a studio March 20-27,2012. They were still undergoing renovation but it was still great. Beautiful view from the 5th floor balcony of the sunrise and waves breaking on the beach. Our room had been recently renovated and there were a couple small problems but nothing serious. The staff was wonderful and very helpful. I'll definitely go back.

#47327 - 03/05/12 07:08 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: dundeemark]
OregonJohn Offline

Loc: Dallas, Oregon
Our experiences at Coral Baja have been totally different than DundeeMark's. We stayed a week last fall, then daughter and her hubby stayed just last weekend and couldn't stop raving about how they loved their 2-BR unit (same type we had). Most beaches in Cabo aren't swimmable -- that's why all the resorts (including WM) have great pool areas. Granted San Jose isn't a wild party town like CSL, but it does have some bars (sports and otherwise) for nightlife, and IMHO MUCH better restaurant selections in town(I agree, Mamma Mia's on-site at WM is a disaster). Manuel's Creative Cuisine at the Shoppes at Palmilla is one of the great restaurants to be found anywhere (I've dined at the best restaurants on the West Coast: Gary Danko, Canlis, Andina for example) -- not just my opinion. Check TripAdvisor reviews. Downtown San Jose is just a 50 peso cab ride, or walkable if you're halfway fit. Wonderful shops and art galleries to occupy several days. Coral Baja is one of our favorite WM resorts -- in more than 80 stays at 25 or so resorts.

Edited by OregonJohn (03/05/12 07:09 PM)

#47296 - 03/02/12 12:44 AM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: dundeemark]
Paghorashy Offline

I am just wanting to know if things got handled for you from the post directly after yours it seemed management wanted to make things right? Did that happen. Also was there construction happening while you were there looked like some other visitors had some consernes about this resort. I am considering going to Mexico later in 12 kind of makes me think twice thank you for your heads up it is my hope things were or are being made right for you best wishes Pasha

#47239 - 02/20/12 03:31 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: Wendy Smoke]
RondaOS
WorldMark Forum

Hello Wendy Smoke,

These are items that WorldMark by Wyndham Management would like to know about so that we can take immediate action to get these issues addressed. If you would like to discuss your concerns with a representative, the most expeditious way to communicate that concern would be to send it directly to ownersupport@worldmarktheclub.com or call Owner Care at 888.648.7363.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.