Who's Online
0 registered (), 26 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Page 9 of 21 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 20 21 >
Topic Options
#9977 - 04/13/04 09:03 PM Questions and Comments for Coral Baja
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Have questions regarding this resort? Want to give someone kudos for the great story they shared in their Vacation Journal or for their awesome photo album? Do it here. Title your reply "Questions - Coral Baja," "Kudos: Journal - Coral Baja," or "Kudos: Photos - Coral Baja." This will make it easy to search this thread to find the questions and answers or respective kudos. Be sure to gibe us the username for your thank you.

Best Regards,

Vacation Forum Admin

Edited by Administrator (10/03/14 11:21 AM)

#54489 - 04/11/14 09:52 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
Jewel57 Offline

Does anyone know if they can exchange Dollars for Pesos at the resort?

#54442 - 04/06/14 03:20 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
jbcoug Offline

Loc: Vancouver WA
Greetings from Coral Baja. Currently here spending a week. We have been coming here for over ten years. I spoke with one of the managers here today, Reuben. I needed to share with him that the resort has never been better! The resort in general, the grounds, and the units are in great shape. I know some of the remodel and pool work in the past has inconvenienced some owners, but the results are fantastic. It is clear they invest money here to keep things up to date. It is much nicer than it was ten years ago, and we loved it then. If you visit, you will certainly be pleased. Congratulations to the staff here.

John

#54412 - 04/02/14 08:02 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
Jewel57 Offline

Will be going down to CB for the first time in three weeks, was wondering about transportation to and from the airport. Have read a few places that it would be cheaper to book travel from the airport to condo but just use a taxi to return? Does anyone know what the taxi rate from Coral Baja to the airport for 4 passengers? Thanks for your response...

#54345 - 03/11/14 06:48 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: jcharles]
mincoda Offline

Thank you for your reply.

#54331 - 03/09/14 08:31 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: mincoda]
jcharles Offline

[b][/b]The water at the resort is filtered. We used it for brushing out teeth and general uses, but we drank bottled water to drink. We thought the bottled water tasted better.

#54327 - 03/08/14 01:31 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
mincoda Offline

We are going to Coral Baja for the first time this May and my question is about the water. What are your suggestions for using water in the room for example brushing your teeth, making coffee, etc.

#54216 - 02/11/14 07:35 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: bthorman]
fishmister Offline

Thanks grin

#54210 - 02/11/14 05:21 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: fishmister]
bthorman Offline

Loc: San Francisco Area
Never tried Netflix, but fine for surfing and email. May depend on where in the resort you are.

#54200 - 02/10/14 09:21 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: bthorman]
fishmister Offline

Originally Posted By: bthorman
Yes, it does.

Thanks. Netflix fast, or email and browse the internet fast?

Edited by fishmister (02/10/14 09:22 AM)

#54199 - 02/10/14 05:11 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: fishmister]
bthorman Offline

Yes, it does.

#54197 - 02/09/14 08:35 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
fishmister Offline

Does the resort have the standard internet/WiFi options as other worldmark resorts?

Can't find anything about WiFi in the resort description or in the forum.

Thanks!

Edited by fishmister (02/09/14 08:37 PM)

#54157 - 01/30/14 02:29 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: DoubleGG]
bthorman Offline

On the main Forums page at the very bottom is a WM4M Rental Board forum. People post the credits they have to rent or reservations they can't use there.

#54156 - 01/30/14 10:52 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
DoubleGG Offline

Where would I be able to find 1 time use credits for coral Baja ? Don't have enough for our trip. Was told this by forum member but wont give me access.
You can look here:
http://forums.trendwest.com/ubb-threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=19567&page=1 http://forums.trendwest.com/ubb-threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=19567&page=1

#54155 - 01/30/14 09:57 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: bthorman]
DoubleGG Offline

wouldn't let me go there for some reason. I am an owner. Not sure whats wrong

#54154 - 01/30/14 05:02 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: DoubleGG]
bthorman Offline

#54153 - 01/29/14 06:54 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
DoubleGG Offline

Where would I be able to find 1 time use credits for coral Baja ? Don't have enough for our trip.

#54147 - 01/28/14 08:04 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: tjgurl13]
Joklein535 Offline

There is a spa on the property. I think they are reasonable.

#54121 - 01/17/14 07:00 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: MonicaS]
shelbe10 Offline

Loc: British Columbia
There are two and three bedroom penthouses. the two bedroom penthouses have two bathrooms and usually a kind in the master and twin beds in the second which can be joined into a king bed upon request. The three bedroom penthouses have king in master, Queen bed in 2nd bedroom, and twins in the third and three bathrooms. Very spacious with lots of outdoor deck space as well. All of the penthouses have hot tubs on the deck and some in building one have rooftop decks that are awesome. I hope that helps. If you need any other info send me a message. Cheers, Shelley

#54108 - 01/14/14 03:12 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
tjgurl13 Offline

Hi there!

I will be visiting Coral Baja in Feb. 2014 and would like to know if anyone has been to a great spa either in small town SJC or fairly near the resort or at one of the 'posh' hotels? If so, was the cost reasonable, how was the ambience and any other relevant information will be greatly appreciated!! Going back for the 3rd time and absolutely LOVE Cabo!! Thanks so much!!
TJ

Edited by tjgurl13 (01/14/14 03:17 PM)

#54072 - 01/04/14 03:52 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
kamieandy Offline

Loc: west jordan Utah
Hola everyone!!! We have been to Coral Baja before and LOVE IT! my question is more about a fishing charter, the last time we visited we went fishing and wasn't really happy about our trip. So, does anyone have any recommendatons on a fishing charted to use? any help would be great!

Thanks

#54057 - 01/03/14 08:35 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
MonicaS Offline

Loc: California
I was wondering if someone out there can describe the penthouse unit(s) at Coral Baja. How many bathrooms, bedrooms and beds? We were thinking of traveling with another family and the information would help.

Thank you!!

#54041 - 12/29/13 06:59 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: mikeandjan]
PDXrichmans Offline

Yes, there is internet service for a moderate price.

#54040 - 12/29/13 06:53 PM Re: Construction Noise? [Re: agrant]
PDXrichmans Offline

It was one of the most peaceful vacations we have experienced. The biggest noise is the waves and to us that was priceless.

#54039 - 12/29/13 06:51 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
PDXrichmans Offline

A Top 10 Vacation Experience in our book and we are travelers!

We have been World Mark owners since 2007 and used many facilities to include the Oregon Coast, Lake of the Ozarks, Colorado and Utah. We have never been disappointed and our recent trip to Coral Baja was no exception. Attentive staff, beautiful facility, nice amenities, and great location if you are looking for a relaxing vacation. We had 3 guest join us for this trip including two college students. From the "old folks 50's-60's" to the 20 somethings we all had a great time. My husband and I have been to Cancun and I spent 10 days at a high end spa just out of Mexico City ... both of us will be returning to this resort next year our schedule permitting.

A few attractions and restaurants to consider during your stay:
*Mama Mia's is very good and there are other options close by to include
*El Herrando (a bit pricy but worth the price)in downtown San Jose del Cabo (a short cab ride away)
*Sardina Cantina reasonably priced with great food and friendly service. Just up the hill from the resort. We ate there twice for breakfast. If you are a football fan they have the games on a big screen TV on Sunday.
*Jazmin (can't swear by this spelling but this was recommended by the staff @ the resort). If you are looking for authentic Mexican food this is the place to go and it is a short cab ride away in San Jose del Cabo. We had a lovely lunch on their outdoor patio following a Tequila tasting.

Our activities included a successful fishing trip out of Cabo San Lucas. We brought back 20+ lbs. of Mahi Mahi filets that were cleaned and flash frozen while we enjoyed drinks and a bite to eat at the restaurant next door.

The college students enjoyed the Snorkeling/Booze Cruise combo trip and we enjoyed watching the whales and other sea life on a 3 1/2 hour cruise also out of Cabo San Lucas. Beware if you take the bus from San Jose del Cabo to Cabo San Lucas it is a bit of a walk to the marina. My husband has hip issues so we quickly realized we needed to grab a cab to get from the main hwy to the marina itself.

The Thursday night Art/Shop walk is worth the experience as long as you are willing to window shop or barter. The shops are quaint, the music is fun and the church in the center of town is awesome if you like architecture which we do.

The Mega store is also a short cab ride away or a mile + hike. The 5 of us went by cab and shopped by on our food preferences each taking a turn at cooking an evening meal for the group. The store is well stocked and we were able to find the ingredients for the meals we made in house to accommodate a gluten free and diabetic diet including fresh produce. While some say the water in Cabo is fine we purchased a bottle of sanitizing drops for our fresh produce and bottled water. None of us wanted to take a risk of getting sick on this vacation.

Our only cautions are:
1) Take heed to the warnings about the sales sharks that will try to sell you a ride from the inside of the airport. They are extremely aggressive. With this said the transportation services on the outside of the airport were very helpful in finding the service we had pre-arranged through the resort, Translife. Absolutely bring your transportation confirmation paperwork and ask for a written confirmation of your pick up time a day or two before traveling. The cabbies that serve the resort were fair, accommodating and very helpful. We sought out Carlos every chance we could and now I wish we had obtained his last name.
2) Watch the exchange rate when you are making purchases. 99.9% were honest yet we had one that was less than honest on our first night in the area off the resort property.
3) Most of the vendors that come on site to sell their wares were honest people, yet not all. Hold onto your money until you are ready to buy.

#54011 - 12/24/13 03:59 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: wilcoxens]
bccsrc Offline

Originally Posted By: wilcoxens
My wife and I are new owners and are taking our first WorldMark trip to Cabo next month. I'm hoping for answers from some of the regular visitors:

1) We have our plane tickets but I am wondering about getting from the airport to the resort. I have heard pros and cons about the shuttle. What's your opinion?

2) ATM / VISA card / Travelers checks?? I would prefer to use VISA and an ATM but wondered if VISA is widely accepted and if there are ATM's in the resort.

3) We aren't getting a car--are there restaurants / grocery stores etc. near the resort (walking distance) or is there some way of getting to them?

We'd appreciate answers to the above and anyother information you think first time visitors to Cabo (and for that matter to a WorldMark resort) should know.

Thanks in advance,

Mike and Doris

Mike and Doris,

We have been going there for about 4-5 years now. We love it there. 1. We always use the shuttle. Never had a problem. 2.Visa is fine. We pay for most of the expenses with Visa. We also bring cash and lock it up in safe in the room. 3. You really don't need a car. There is a Mega grocery store within walking distance and if you have a lot of stuff, you can take the taxi back for around $5.00-$10.00 You have to go to Guacamaya's restaurant. You will need a taxi, Guacamaya's doesn't look like much from the outside, but we always go there every trip. Great food. There is a Costco just up the road (need a taxi). You can go into downtown Cabo via taxi for around $8.00 per person. There is a lot to see in Cabo. Have fun!

#51043 - 11/18/13 11:23 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
Ronbos1 Offline

I am with a group headed to CB for a week in mid-December. I may or may not have a car - still undecided. I have been looking at snorkeling with whale sharks, but it looks like that only happens out of La Paz. If I book online here they will pick me up, drive me there, give me lunch, and drive me back for between $140 and $175 USD. If I get myself there and back and pay for my own lunch, its $65USD. ALSO, I saw a recommendation that if you hire a local diver, they will take you out for around $40. So... my questions are:
in general, is it cheaper or more expensive to book tours there, or book them in advance online?
If I decide to find a private boat/diver to take us out, does anyone have a a recommendation?
Does anyone have a recommendation for transportation to and from airport?
Has anyone done Sky Tours powered hang glider tour and if so, was it worth it?
Does anyone have any info on the turtle release?
Other than restaurants/bars, are there any other good cultural events that might be interesting this time of year?
Any other suggestions??

Thanks!

#50922 - 10/09/13 08:05 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: bthorman]
Tera Offline

Thank you for your response.

#50920 - 10/08/13 03:29 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Tera]
bthorman Offline

We were down there about a year ago. The pictures on the website look to be from the penthouse units, we were in a standar 2-bedroom. Ours had similar furniture (in terms of colors and styles), but it all looked fairly new. There were flat screen TVs and newer appliances.

#50917 - 10/08/13 10:16 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
Tera Offline

The pictures posted on the WorldMark website seem a little dated. Of those who have visited recently can you speak to any upgrades that may have taken place or may be in process now. Thanks.

#50902 - 10/03/13 08:40 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Camano]
Bob3435 Offline

[quote=Camano]Does anyone know where the 2 BR-King bed rooms are located? [/quote

They are all room 10, ie 110, 210, 310, etc

Page 9 of 21 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 20 21 >

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.