Who's Online
0 registered (), 41 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#4172 - 03/10/04 09:00 PM Coral Baja Resort Review
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Have you stayed at Coral Baja? Here's your chance to tell other owners what it's really like. How big is the pool? How hot is the hot tub? What do you wish you had known before you left home?

#47233 - 02/19/12 08:14 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: ]
dundeemark Offline

I'm sorry to say that this location was the worst place I have stayed since I joined Worldmark about 8 years ago. The place seemed run down. My room had broken air condition and we had to change rooks 3 times. We woke up every morning at 5:30am to the sound of the work bus parking in reverse bringing in the help. The restaurant was a complete joke. We went on the first day not known any better. Asked for water and was served vinegar. I'm not kidding....vinegar. I spent 24,000 credits for this dream vacation which was a waste. Our family ended up buying a time share closer to Cabo. That's another thing, be ready to spend time and money traveling to Cabo about 20-30 mins away. Where the Hotel is there is nothing. Can't swim on the beach. I could go on and on but I don't want to waste any more of mu time with this place. I write this to make other's aware to beware.

Edited by RondaOS (02/20/12 03:14 PM)

#47229 - 02/18/12 08:27 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: Wendy Smoke]
BretaB Offline

Loc: NW corner Washington State
Wendy:
What building were you in, we arrive 2/29 for 3 weeks, hope we don't encounter the same issues.
Thanks

#47222 - 02/16/12 04:53 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: ]
Wendy Smoke Offline

Loc: Wenatchee WA
We Stayed in Jan. Our room should NEVER have been rented. They redid it AFTER our stay, but our stove didn't work for 2 days , roaches were in the kitchen and bath. Water damage to kitchen cabinets. this was our 3 visit and we were Shocked. fortunatley our guest had a refurbished room. Also it doesnt say anywhere that the only way to the bathroom in a 1 bdr is THROUGH the bdr. Teenagers had to go to the lobby at night.. I was used to the continental in the 2br units so assumned the same. ugh. BE SURE U GET A REFURBISHED UNIT

#46745 - 11/21/11 02:04 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: 1kodiak]
RK&MK Offline

Hello, Had spoken with the management at CB last week and was told the construction was room renovations.... If so, how impactive is the work to enjoying a stay at CB? Was there a couple years ago in March and they had a huge plywood wall on the South side of the pool all the time we were there. Going back in March 2012, sure hope it isn't a repeat experience..............:})

#46731 - 11/19/11 08:06 AM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: OregonJohn]
1kodiak Offline

Loc: puyallup wash.
We just got back from CB. last nite, mid 80s to low 90s for the last two weeks a little wind but very nice.there was alot of construction going on at the resort. Its suppose to be none by may 2012.It wasnt to bad, It was great to visit with all of our old and new freinds and old.Be careful Larry not back up to fare at the pool. Every have a good thanksgiving!

#46674 - 11/06/11 12:29 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: ]
OregonJohn Offline

Loc: Dallas, Oregon
Spent two great weeks in Cabo earlier this fall. Coral Baja is great and can't wait to go back. Mega store is a great choice for shopping -- has everything you need to cook in your unit and butchers will gladly cut steak for fajitas if you ask (YUM!) Good liquor selection too for margaritas and pina coladas (some decent pre-mixed as well). For a night out, Manuel's Creative Cuisine at the Shoppes at Palmilla is a must. The food is some of the best to be found anywhere (Manuel has cooked birthday dinners for President George HW Bushn, Super Bowl and Olympic banquets), He, his wife and staff will treat you like family -- especially on a repeat visit (take some cookies or other treat for their sweets-loving kids George and Manuela!!). Other restaurants we especially enjoyed (all in San Jose) were Habaneros, Meson Del Angel and French Riviera Cafe & Bakery. If you have a group of 4 or more(up to 7), consider hiring Victor's Cabo Transportation for a day trip to Todos Santos and lunch at Tequila's Sunrise (world's best margaita by far!), $400 for a Chevy Suburban, English-speaking driver and drinks (water, beer, soft drinks) for a 7-8 hour day. Stops at Chileno Beach also, but they'll tailor the day to your wishes. Our driver, Carlos, gave us a tour of downtown Cabo San Lucas and told us a lot of the history and other interesting info about the area. Very entertaining day!

#46616 - 10/22/11 08:34 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: ]
lvndr12 Offline

We are about to leave this resort after a nice one week stay. This is definitely a nice big resort comparable to the one in Indio and the latest one they have in Las Vegas. The staff are all very friendly and always ready to help. The spa is one stop everyone should try and consider doing. Their prices are pretty high but after attending your owner education and getting 500 pesos plus 20% off a spa treatment...its not so bad. One thing to consider though if you are returning here for another vacation is if you like a lot of water activities, everything is done in Cabo and it is a good 30 minutes drive one way to go there. But if you are here mainly to relax, then San Jose del Cabo is the way to go.

#45249 - 05/24/11 04:40 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: ]
basl Offline

1.) have been here since May 21, 2011. It's great
2.) Bring sunscreen and use it. It's very easy to get burnt
3.) The pool is great and views of the ocean - amazing
4.) Went to Morgan's encore for our 30th anniversary. Pricey but great
5.) Went to Caso Palmo on a tour - if you go book a tour. They know where all the fish are
6.) Happy hours everyday. I don't drink but others seemed to enjoy
7.) will come again
Barry and Lucie Lycka

#45224 - 05/22/11 02:58 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: Koster]
ZeusNike Offline

Loc: British Columbia
We love grocery shopping in Mexico - wouldn't miss it by getting groceries delivered! We usually rent a car for one day from the airport saying we want to return it somewhere near the Coral Baja the next day. We do our big Costco and Mega shop while we have the car and we don't need to pay for a shuttle from the airport to the resort. I know National lets you do that online so that is who we usually use. (returned it at the Barcelo on the beach towards San Jose this year, other years have returned it to the Posada Real and last year they picked it up from the Coral Baja for us at no extra cost).

#45216 - 05/19/11 08:52 AM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: Koster]
Nispiros Offline

Loc: CA
The Mega Store is the closest and best place to go. Unless you have a rental, then you can go to Costco.

Because of our two kids we took a taxi which costs $5 USD. Otherwise, you could probably walk it if you are getting a handful of groceries.

#45213 - 05/18/11 02:41 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: Nispiros]
Koster Offline

Loc: Sacramento, CA
This is all great info...I'm headed to Coral Baja on the 31st.
Where did you go to purchase your groceries? Or, did you order ahead thru the resort?

#45211 - 05/18/11 02:13 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: ]
Nispiros Offline

Loc: CA
We just got back from Coral Baja last night. Overall the family had a great time. Our 21-month old twins Justice and Jasmine loved the pool, the beach, and the friendly atmosphere.

The resort itself, however, could have been a little more kid friendly. For example, the balcony is not child proof at all. The tile floor may be easier for the maintenance team to clean up, but it is very hard when kids fall on it. Our son fell twice just from running around.

The kitchen where we spent most of our time was lacking some basic necessities. We wish he had a basting brush for our bbq and more plates and cups. For our family of four, we would run the dish washing machine at least 2x a day.

The bedroom was good and pillows were comfortable. The Murphy bed was just ok. Better for kids, but not adults. I am 5'10 and my feet would go past the end of the bed.

Air conditioning was good and the view from the 5th floor was great cause it over looked the ocean and pools.

The Mama Mia restaurant was also good but not great. A tad over priced for just ok food. Entertainment was good also. The comedian/entertainer person was very funny. On Jazz night, the music was also good. Of the Mama Mia events we attended the Fiesta Night. It was better than our expectations and highly recommend this night than the others.

Service in general was very good. However, there were 2x when the water went out. It was restored within 1/2 hour.

We'll definitely be back, but only when the kids are older. By the way we loved cooking our own food on the community bbq pits by the pool.

Rolando

Edited by Nispiros (05/18/11 02:26 PM)

#45168 - 05/11/11 05:06 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: ]
mayo09 Offline

Loc: Dallas, TX
Leaving for Cabo this Saturday!!!! can't wait...I love this resort I have to come once a year lol see everyone poolside

#45001 - 04/20/11 08:22 AM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: Denbo]
denverco Offline

Hi, Could you email me a copy of your travel document by tomorrow please? We leave on Friday!!! Thanks. jrdehart52@msn.com

#44955 - 04/13/11 07:05 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: ]
dvillegold Offline

Just got back from Coral Baja and can't wait to go back.Had been 13 yrs.since our last trip here and it has changed a lot. The resort is fantastic and everyone there is great.The other owners all act like family(LOTS OF FUN).This was one of the best vacations we've been on.
Some things you might want to know before you go.Sounds silly but don't forget your sunscreen,not only so you don't get burnt but it is very expensive there(even at Wal-Mart).
Don't be afraid to use the bus to Cabo,we did twice and it was no problem.Price was about $2.50 U.S. per person each way.A cab was $35 dollars each way for 4.You do the math.
For shopping you can go to the Mega store(2 or 3 blks from the resort).A new Wal-Mart opened in San Jose while we were there.Did'nt get to go there though.
If you get a chance go to Cynthia's for lunch.It's just before the Mega store along the highway.Great food and organic.
Hope this info is helpful to all and have a great time,I know we did.We hope to come back in November.

#44640 - 03/13/11 12:01 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: S KLEIN]
theshyboys Offline

Loc: Gig Harbor, WA
Activities director's real name is Victor

#44639 - 03/13/11 11:59 AM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: ]
theshyboys Offline

Can't wait to go back!!!!Victor rocks!!!!!!

#44638 - 03/13/11 11:56 AM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: dwynn]
theshyboys Offline

This is a great building...we just left there on Monday. Our stay was 10 days and it's our 2nd time to Coral Baja.
Every room in this building has a bedroom and sliding door facing the pool & beach. We went with 15 people and had a great time. The best part of the whole stay was Victor leading activities...well, and Havoc at the pool...and playing Cabo Wabo, Hard Rock and No Worries while we were there...Oh yeah, and the renewal of wedding vows on the beach...ok, there's too many great things to list but WOW! What a great trip.

#44611 - 03/09/11 08:48 AM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: ]
dwynn Offline

I just booked a trip to Cabo in April, and I got a 2 bedroom unit in phase 3, i guess thats the front unit. I was wondering if anyone has info on these units. What the difference?
thanks,
Darren

#44274 - 02/01/11 03:17 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: dstearns]
SeaSchell Offline

Loc: Oregon
Yes on the internet. They have wireless in the lobby and most if not all of the rooms now have resort net.
It is mexico so don't expect 3G....

#44273 - 02/01/11 02:52 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: Camano]
dstearns Offline

Did you ever get an answer to this question? I also need to know for a trip next week. thanks!

#44272 - 02/01/11 02:46 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: ]
dstearns Offline

Going on my 4th visit to Coral Baja next week. Unfortunately, need to take work with me.
Does the resort have wireless internet access? Never needed to know before...
thanks!

#44269 - 02/01/11 09:32 AM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: Camano]
aldyadanac Offline

Thanks for the info

#44266 - 02/01/11 05:26 AM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: aldyadanac]
Camano Offline

Loc: NW WA State
Beach towels will be in your room. You can exchange for clean ones at the front desk any time you want.

#44265 - 01/31/11 09:36 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: ]
aldyadanac Offline

We are headed to Coral Baja this Saturday and are wondering if Beach Towels are available at the resort or should we bring our own.

#44130 - 01/17/11 05:40 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: paulb1955]
Moderator 2 Offline

All,

If you wish to post additional request for information from a specific person, and your request does not address a specific item, please Private Message that Owner instead of posting in the open forum.

Forum Moderator
WorldMark Owner Care

#44094 - 01/14/11 04:53 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: BretaB]
paulb1955 Offline

Loc: Yakima, Washington
Hi Denbo:
We are also going to CABO in March and would love a copy of your guide! Thanks in advance.
Email: PaulB1955@aol.com

#44089 - 01/14/11 12:19 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: shelbe10]
BretaB Offline

Loc: NW corner Washington State
Hi Also Denbo:
We are going to CABO in March, could you also email me a copy of your awesome guide?
Thanks so much
Email: BretaB@comcast.net

#44086 - 01/13/11 10:03 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: Denbo]
shelbe10 Offline

Loc: British Columbia
Hi Denbo, Please forward me a copy of your awesome Cabo document when you have a chance.
Email: shelley.canfield@telus.net and shelbe@telus.net
Thanks so much, Shelley.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.