Who's Online
0 registered (), 34 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Topic Options
#3253 - 03/09/04 07:47 PM Wolf Creek Resort Review
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Have you stayed at Wolf Creek? Here's your chance to tell other owners what it's really like. How big is the pool? How hot is the hot tub? What do you wish you had known before you left home?

#59146 - 10/28/20 10:18 AM Re: Wolf Creek Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
jnkjames Offline

Loc: WA
Spent a week here in Sept 2020. Beautiful resort, nice room and very quiet. Deer would graze just outside our patio during the evening which was an added bonus. Resort staff was friendly, followed Covid-19 guidelines, and attentive to our needs. Lots of activities to keep you busy (pickleball, tennis, horseshoes, swimming, etc). We had to call to make appointment for the pool but it was no big deal. Actually better I thought because it was never really crowded. There are lakes nearby as well if you want to rent paddleboards, jet skis, kayaks, etc. Its about an hour to Salt Lake City where we went to museums and the zoo. All public places had mandatory online ticket purchase so they could follow the Covid-19 occupancy restrictions but it was easy, well organized, and we had no problems.
We had one issue at the resort... bees. There was a hive inside the wood railing of the patio. They started coming out from the bottom of the railing when we turned on the gas for the BBQ (assuming from the smell?). We called the front desk and a maintenance man showed up within minutes. He sprayed wherever there was a gap - then came back the next day and sprayed again just to make sure we wouldn't have any other issues.
We were very pleased with how quickly it was handled!
There was a major windstorm the night before we were due to check out. We lost power, branches were breaking off the surrounding trees, even some shingles were blowing off the roof! We were trying to pack using only our flashlights on our phones. Needless to say it made for the most adventurous & crazy check out we've ever had! LOL That being said - the staff was outside in this storm trying to clean up and make sure all guests were ok. They went above and beyond when mother nature threw us a curveball!
We would definitely recommend this resort!!

#57913 - 09/06/17 07:48 AM Re: Wolf Creek Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
justforfun Offline

This pool here is not what we expected and might not be for everyone. We had our married children with us, and they
have a 4 year old and two 2 year olds.
The 4 year old couldn't take her swim float in with her because it wasn't a life jacket or a noodle. Then she really wanted
to go down the slide, but was afraid to go up by herself, but they wouldn't let me walk her up the steps. She started up
and came down many times, but just wanted me to go up with her. She was so sad and told me she just wasn't brave enough.
Our 2 two year olds wanted to go down the slide also, but you have to be 3 and up, so they were miserable. They sat at the
bottom and cried. Then every two hours the life guards go on brake for 10-15 minutes and everyone has to get out of the
pool and wait for them. They little ones had such a hard time with that.
Other than the pool there wasn't much else for the children to do. That is why we came up, but after the first night (of 3) our
children all left taking our grandchildren home - because they just didn't enjoy the pool experience. Our very mellow daughter
said that if the life guards told them they couldn't do one more thing she was going to let them have it! It was so frustrating!

Other things to be aware of: No life jackets allowed on the slide. If you are checking out that day your pool passes will only be
good until noon, and the pool closes an hour earlier than other Worldmark pools. Swim diapers are required, and well as plastic pants
over the top of them, they have the plastic pants for $3. Cash only.

Edited by justforfun (09/06/17 08:16 AM)

#57345 - 11/25/16 02:21 PM Re: Wolf Creek Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
tralfas Offline

Loc: Idaho
Spent Thanksgiving here. Too cold to golf, but no snow for skiing. Stayed in a two bed/two bath unit in newer section. Very large unit with master in an upstairs loft. Nicely decorated.

Like most WM resorts, building quality is average at best. Kitchen is too small, especially relative to size of unit.

Also way too small are the TVs, especially since they are so far from the couch and master TV.

Another frustration is that the rec center got rid of arcade games, even though the website still lists arcade games as an amenity.

I'd like to return during ski or golf season when there is more to do.

#57338 - 11/21/16 03:41 PM Re: Wolf Creek Resort Review [Re: da5stringking]
Wanderer Offline

We stayed one week and really enjoyed our stay in September of 2016. We had a first floor unit in bldg. 106. The management really went out of their way to make our stay pleasant. We enjoyed sight-seeing in the area and especially liked the museum in Ogdon. Snow Basin, one of the Winter games skiing sites 2002, with a free tram ride to the summit for lunch on a Sunday was breathtaking. The Front Runner rail system was also a big hit. We made two trips to Salt Lake City to tour Temple Square and other highlights of the city. Last of all, we spent one afternoon on the Weber State University campus. All in all, our vacation was one we will remember for a long, long time.

Edited by Wanderer (11/21/16 03:55 PM)

#56018 - 06/19/15 07:55 AM Re: Wolf Creek Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
da5stringking Offline

We are just finishing up our vacation here at Wolf Creek. The location is beautiful and we have had a great time. We have not run into many of the problems that people have mentioned on Trip Adviser or other forums. We have had great experiences with the Rec Center/Passes and have enjoyed the facilities. For being booked solid this whole week, we haven't come in contact with that many people. We were able to do whatever we have wanted without waiting on others to finish, etc. We were able to use the tether ball, basketball courts, horseshoes, volleyball, and tennis without running into others waiting for us.

Our small daughter loved the large pool with the slide. It was kept nice and the lifeguards were right on the mark. We also liked the hot tub between the 5 & 6 building. No one was ever there! It was very small and kind of private, so we liked it. It was VERY HOT--just the way we like it.

There are two different types of units that can be booked here. We booked the room that could fit 8 (it is really huge!) and had a washer and a dryer. I noticed that some units may not have come with washers and dryers. The five of us were very comfortable in the 8 person room and had a lot of room to spread out. There were two Murphy beds and the master bedroom was more in a loft upstairs. Pretty cool.

While we were here, they started doing afternoon activities. My children (even my older children participated) painted rock buddies. There were two delightful young ladies that were in charge of the activity who did a great job facilitating.

This resort is right in the middle of a golf course. One of the things that we were disappointed about was that the golf course mowed their lawns very early in the morning. It was pretty noise--worse than the train noise from Oceanside or the urban noise from San Diego Inn at the Park. Also, we wanted to attend an Owner's meeting. We wanted to go at 11:00--there wasn't space so we signed up for 1:30, just to have them turn around and cancel. We were told that they were going to try to reschedule and they never did. That was a little disappointing for us. We were annoyed that we arranged our schedule to attend, and then right before our time, it was canceled.

Other than that, we were happy to visit the area. There are plenty of outdoors-y things to do up here and we felt that we were away from the city hubbub enough. It added another feather in our cap for resorts visited. I would recommend Wolf Creek for a nice (mostly) quiet getaway.

Resorts Visited: Las Vegas Blvd (x6); Anaheim, CA; Oceanside, CA; Gleneden, OR; New Orleans, LA; Bear Lake, UT; Big Bear, CA; Santa Fe, NM; New Braunfels, TX; San Diego Inn at the Park, CA; Steamboat Springs, CO; Wolf Creek, UT

#54066 - 01/03/14 09:02 PM Re: Wolf Creek Resort Review [Re: ]
amiellen Offline

Loc: san diego
We spent Xmas week here. The 2 bd. plus powder mtn. unit was roomy enough for the 5 of us. We encountered the standard WM poor kitchen design and construction (drawers coming off tracks, cabinet doors breaking) and the bottom basement quality of appliances (broken drawers in fridge, terrible dishwasher, variable working range burners, etc.), standard WM decor. The mattresses were on the hard side here.

The front desk staff was very nice and helpful. We requested towels exchanges and paper products re-filled a couple of times and they were promptly brought up. On Xmas day we tried to find a restaurant and Craig (?) at the front desk was local and spent some time with me recommending and then calling restaurants in Eden and Ogden to see if any were open. Sadly, that town was shut down!

The grounds are nice and scenic to walk through, I wonder what it looks like under all the snow? It is a beautiful area. Hot tub was hot enough - we used the one by bldgs. 5/6. It is covered - the one by the rec center is not. The buildings seemed solid as we rarely heard any noise from neighbors and I think it was pretty full to capacity the whole week.

All in all - I really enjoyed this location and would love to come back (especially to ski Snow Basin!)

#48717 - 09/19/12 01:57 PM Re: Wolf Creek Resort Review [Re: vegan73]
DandJHansen Offline

Loc: Ogden, Utah
I sent you the PM. Let me know if you need any maps or additional details to help you have a great vacation.

Edited by DandJHansen (09/19/12 01:57 PM)

#48695 - 09/14/12 11:52 AM Re: Wolf Creek Resort Review [Re: DandJHansen]
vegan73 Offline

Loc: West Coast
if you're still on here, may i have that list? thank you.

#48694 - 09/14/12 11:51 AM Re: Wolf Creek Resort Review [Re: marknjo]
vegan73 Offline

thank you

#48687 - 09/12/12 07:39 AM Re: Wolf Creek Resort Review [Re: ]
marknjo Offline

The big outdoor pool at Wolf Creek is closed in the winter. There are two hot pools open all year. One is next to the clubhouse and the other is between building 5 & 6.

#48644 - 09/06/12 11:10 AM Re: Wolf Creek Resort Review [Re: ]
vegan73 Offline

is the pool open in december/jan?

#48045 - 06/20/12 06:20 PM Re: Wolf Creek Resort Review [Re: ]
mark nelson Offline

If I were to visit Wolf Creek again, and I doubt I will, then I would be sure to avoid using a studio unit. The one we had for two nights on our way back home from Vegas and St George was just not a comfortable unit. The murphy bed was loud--felt like a plastic dorm room mattress! Plus, the couch and chairs in the room were just not comfortable--feaux leather that came off as Walmart quality put together whatevers. The good news is we were there only two nights, so we laughed about it.

What set me off a little was the relative incompetence regarding the pool facility. Work was done on the filter for the pool, but the timing and lack of skill exhibited in the operation resulted in a big flush of dirty water which closed the thing down. I felt bad for the plethora of kids and their parents who had to deal with the "inconvenience". Nice sign at check-in. That repair job should have been done late sunday evening so as to not discommode the owners who spent time, credits and money getting there! Instead, a silly sign reading no use between 10am-1 pm on Monday. And then the story the poor kids working there had to give patrons! Thing was open and functioning well enough on Sunday (and that sign was up Sunday), and then those poor kids had to tell folks that something 'broke'. What broke was a new sand filter that got installed but didn't get back flushed first prior to hooking it up to the main system! Wow! Murky water that showed no signs of clearing HOURS later. And then the poor duo of maintenance guys walking around with four half empty bottles of coagulant/anti-algi stuff was pretty comical. What was obviously planned as a refit/replace quickly went south. That doesn't speak well for how the condo's are being run. Like I said, I was only there for two days as a stop over on the way home, but if I booked a week there--I'd still have left after two days.

#45807 - 07/25/11 01:20 PM Re: Wolf Creek Resort Review [Re: btaylor]
btaylor Offline

Our stay at Wolf Creek was good where the weather was great, it is close to other attractions (Lagoon, Ogden) and the resort staff are very helpful.
The museums mentioned above in Ogden are great. Our favorite food place was Huntsville BBQ. The Valley Market close by has a great selection of grocery items and decent prices on most items.
Do make sure you know what unit you are booking. Building 1 and 2 are the older buildings listed as "Wolf Creek" online and will not be what you expect for WM. The other buildings are great however so make sure you check this.

#45514 - 06/25/11 06:58 AM Re: Wolf Creek Resort Review [Re: DandJHansen]
btaylor Offline

Thanks for your info...I got the PM list which is great!

#45288 - 05/31/11 08:54 AM Re: Wolf Creek Resort Review [Re: btaylor]
DandJHansen Offline

Utah is mostly a desert area except the Mountains and Mountain Valleys. Wolf Creek is located in one of these mountain valleys. The temperature at WC in June will be about 70-85 but in the valley it will be between 80-95. Right now(May 2011) we Have a lot of water and still have deep snow in the mountains. This is uncommon for this time of year and so far spring has been cooler then normal. I think by the end of June you should be fine planning on having upper 60s at night and low 80s in the day.

I will PM an extensive list of things to do but let me give you a sample right now.

Museums
Your sons will love Hill Aerospace museum. lots of planes and military stuff about 20 miles from WC

Lakes
If you want fishing, Causey should be great from the shore, Pineview water might be cold to play in but on a warm day the beach can be fun and the water nice.

Hikes
A-Indian Trail: 6 mile round trip Moderate hike. I took my 5 yr old last year and she loved it. This will get you to some wonderful views of the valley and mountains. Many others in the area.

Scenic Drives
Monte Cristo- Great drive with good views and a neat place to have a pic-nic

Food
Up the canyon you are limited to a few small MA and PA joints as well as Subway and Alpine Pizza. If you drive to Ogden, the sky is the limit. All kinds of food, fast to nice steak houses. I will list a few Favs.
Wing Wah 12th street Ogden Chinese
The Sonora Grill 23rd street Ogden Mexican
Chuck-A-Rama 36th Street Ogden Buffet American food

There are grocery stores on 12th street in Ogden. 12th street is the road that you take after leaving the freeway before going up Ogden Canyon to Wolf Creek.

Ice Cream or Shake
Farr Better Ice Cream-Ogden /Burger Bar in Roy /Jakes over the Top-Ogden

If you have any questions after you get my PM please PM me and I will do the best I can to help make you stay in Wolf Creek memorable.

Have a great trip no matter what you do.
DeLayne
"Trip Planner Extraordinaire"

#45280 - 05/30/11 08:55 AM Re: Wolf Creek Resort Review [Re: DandJHansen]
btaylor Offline

My family will be at Wolf Creek and the end of June and first part of July. We have boys 10 and 13. Can someone tell me of activities, things to do, places to eat and what the weather will be like then?

Thanks.

#45154 - 05/10/11 09:09 AM Re: Wolf Creek Resort Review [Re: bullheaddaddy]
DandJHansen Offline

Did you get my private message lists?

#44422 - 02/16/11 03:06 PM Re: Wolf Creek Resort Review [Re: bullheaddaddy]
DandJHansen Offline

I will PM you a good list of things to do. But for everyone else to read, let me answer your lake question. Pineview Reservoir is about 10 mins. away and big enough to do any kind of boating, water skiing, jet skiing, or even small sail boating on. Right at the lake is a boat dock and they do boat and PWC rentals. There are beach areas for the family to hang out on while you are out on the water. For prices check http://www.clubrecnorth.com

#44353 - 02/10/11 08:22 AM Re: Wolf Creek Resort Review [Re: DandJHansen]
bullheaddaddy Offline

I have children in the ages of 19 to 10.They are willing to just about try anything that gets the out and about to experience new things. We are going in june, so I expect the weather to be comfortable enough to go out for picnics,hikes, and any near by lakes.. Also are there any near lakes and If so, do you know of any spots that have boat rentals and prices??

#44348 - 02/09/11 08:52 PM Re: Wolf Creek Resort Review [Re: ]
kiraheward Offline

We stayed at WC a couple of weeks ago for a night. Driving up the Ogden canyon is beautiful. There was a lot of snow but the sights were great. We stayed in one of the bigger two bedrooms. The master bedroom was a loft upstairs and was so great. The unit was clean and very nice. Two flat screen tvs. My brother in law stayed in the second bedroom. He is 14 and his feet were hanging off the edge of the bed.
The grounds were beautiful. We went down to the rec center at night and it was a nice walk. The rec center was fun, raquetball and the work out room were nice. It felt like a country club. I got up in the early morning and went for a walk, the views were spectacular. I can't wait to see this resort in the summer.

#43981 - 01/04/11 08:44 AM Re: Wolf Creek Resort Review [Re: bullheaddaddy]
DandJHansen Offline

Wolf Creek can be a great place for kids of any age. I live in the Ogden area and could give you some possible ideas of things to do, if you give me more information about how many kids and ages. My family likes to hike and this area has many wonderful hikes from easy to hard from 1 mile to over 10 miles. Pineview is fun to play in and fish, can be good for kids. We have caught perch within 7 feet of the shore on empty hooks. July weather would be in the low to mid 80s at WC and 90s in the Ogden valley. A quick drive up Monte Cristo and you could have a pleasant pic-nic in upper 60 or mid 70 degree mountain setting.

In Ogden there are museums and other attractions galore. I can give you more things to do then you could do in a week. Just let me know what you like.

Enjoy your vacation.

D

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.