Who's Online
0 registered (), 34 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Topic Options
#29807 - 11/12/07 03:16 PM Red River Resort Review
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Have you stayed at Red River? Here's your chance to tell other WorldMark vacationers what it's really like. How big is the pool? How hot is the hot tub? What do you wish you had known before you left home?

#59218 - 04/10/21 08:42 AM Re: Red River Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
cynthreab Offline

Loc: Renton, WA
Anyone been here within the last three years? Trying to decide between this resort and Taos, so any recent observations would be welcome.

#57899 - 08/28/17 07:03 AM Re: Red River Resort Review [Re: kare]
bthorman Offline

Loc: San Francisco Area
Link doesn't work frown

#57896 - 08/27/17 03:48 PM Re: Red River Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
kare Offline

Loc: CA
We absolutely loved our visit to Red River, NM! The resort backs right up to the river where nightly the deer come down to graze. There are lots of nearby lakes that are stocked with rainbow trout for wonderful fishing opportunities. There is an ice cream parlor where the ice cream is actually homemade!!! Then there is the ski lift to the top of the mountain for lunch and a view...a recreation area at the north end of town...lots of cute little shops...and wonderful homemade pizza at Anchovies Pizza. The town is a whole 1 mile long...but is it ever packed with friendly folks and fun relaxing things to do!!

Here's a link to the pictures of our 2-bedroom unit: https://photos.google.com/u/1/album/AF1QipObBodd9PIacUqMGnadaWHX4652BIZsGxrQXsyB

#55672 - 02/26/15 07:05 AM Re: Red River Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
Pat Moran Offline

My wife and I just stayed at Red River Resort with another couple (Feb. 17-24, 2015) and had a wonderful stay. We stayed in a two-bedroom upper floor unit. The building has two stories and external stairs, no elevator. The location is great because you can walk to all of the town's stores, restaurants and bars. We loved the close proximity to the ski lift. There is a great ski rental store about a block and a half away. The ski lift located at the end of the Resort building has a ticket kiosk. We absolutely loved the convenience!

The Resort staff were wonderful and friendly. We experienced a lot of snow Saturday night. Sunday morning the staff was shoveling the stairs and clearing the parking lot. The Resort is not large but it is very well kept. Our unit was very clean and well stocked. The king bed was extremely comfortable and each bedroom has their own TV. The large Murphy bed in the living room appeared comfortable and the unit is large enough so that if the maximum (6) were staying there it wouldn't be cramped.
There are several herds of deer that come by the resort looking for handouts.

There is no gym, however there is a small outdoor hot tub that accommodates six if all are friendly!

The people in the town are pleasant and friendly. We had a great time going out after skiing. The ski hill is not too large and it appears that the same runs are groomed each day. The price for rentals and lift tickets was reasonable when compared to larger ski resorts.

I would highly recommend the Red River Resort, especially if you like winter activities. There is a cross country ski and snowshoe area located very near the resort as well.

#50975 - 10/23/13 07:10 AM Re: Red River Resort Review [Re: ]
Icc5 Offline

Loc: Cupertino, California
The one bedroom units are rather small and you must go thru the bedroom to get to the bathroom. The entrance to the units also goes thru the bedroom.
Bart

#50867 - 09/21/13 06:20 PM Re: Red River Resort Review [Re: ]
Papa Offline

Recent review here was right on. We found the local market here was really quite well stocked- Der Market, a short couple of blocks away. Bed was very firm. We carry memory foam pads with us and used them. Full sized stove, refrigerator and 18" dishwasher made cooking breakfast and dinner in really easy. Der Market even had roasted whole chickens which worked well for dinner, lunch and even a pot of. Chicken soup. 5-7 deer wandered through each early evening by the creek. We took a drive to Eagle Nest and Angel Fire and included a fun short (25mile) side trip to Cimmaron, on the other side of the continental divide and stopped in at the museum at Philmont Scout Ranch. Fun place to visit and a great staff here.

#50577 - 08/07/13 01:08 PM Re: Red River Resort Review [Re: ]
cocaman Offline

Loc: Washington
My wife and I stayed at Estes Park prior to our stay at Red River. First of all, we were happy with our stay at Red River. We stayed there in June, 2012, and it was hotter than usual. The room is backwards because it is on the river. You walk into the bedroom. The kitchen and living area were at the back overlooking the river. If you go to ski in the winter a lift is right out your condo. Our only disappointment, since this is a ski area in winter there is no pool, just a hot tub. When it is 90º outside it is not much use. Red River is a great little town, easy to walk. It is a very friendly community. There is a ski lift ride up the mountain with trails to hike. There is a circle drive that takes you to Angel Fire, Taos, and a short side trip to a fabulous bridge over the Rio Grande. Spectacular views.

#48650 - 09/06/12 10:36 PM Re: Red River Resort Review [Re: ]
steeler1mws Offline

My wife, children and I just finished Labor Day weekend at the Red River Resort. Our 2 bedroom unit was very spacious and the balcony was very large. The furniture was made of logs and added a lot of atmosphere to the unit. The staff could not have been more helpful and friendly. Our only regret was that they did not have a swimming pool and they did not have grills on the balcony. They only had one community grill and a jacuzzi. The town of Red River had all kinds of things to do. We rented 2 Surrey Bicycles and rode around town, the kids drove Go-Karts and we all rode the chairlift which was a 1 hour round trip. The town is filled with unique shops. Red River itself is a beautiful town as is the highway to get there. It was a great vacation and we plan many happy returns.

#46555 - 10/11/11 05:15 PM Re: Red River Resort Review [Re: ]
rv7aflyer Offline

The wife and I (plus two of our friends) spent Columbus Day w/e 2011 here. It was our first visit. I was our 30th wedding anniverary. We were looking forward to the Oktoberfest that RR was hosting that w/e. The first night, Friday October 7 it snowed 10 inches. Because of this unseasonably early wet snow, the power was knocked out in three local cities and the pass btwn RR and Eagle's Nest was closed. It must happen occasionally because they had a flashlight by the master bed. The pass was opened by midmorning Saturday. Most of the snow melted by Saturday afternoon. Luckily the unit has a gas fireplace so we were able to keep warm...although it was on a one hour timer, so we had to get up every 1 1/2 to turn it back on! It was kind of an adventure. The Oktoberfest went on as planned, despite the snow! The WM workers were very nice and helpful. The unit was clean and had a great view. As is common at WM Properties (and as advertized) there are a few "starter" items such as dishwasher soap, one roll of paper towels and a couple of spices. One thing that sticks in my mind is how LOUD everthing in unit was. The dishwasher sounded like a wheelbarrow full of marble going down some stairs. Once the power came back on (Saturday about noon) we had heat again. I slept better the first night because for the next two nights the heater in the masterbdrm would wake me up everytime it kicked on. Its noise level is somewhere between a vaccumn cleaner and a leaf blower. The trickling brook behind the unit, the deer and the view of the ski slope was great. RR is very charming. There is one grocery store and they were open, even when the power was out! Really enjoyed the Oktoberfest, it had a real small town charm. Overall, I'd return.

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.