Who's Online
0 registered (), 34 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#13791 - 01/19/05 09:24 AM Questions and Comments - New Orleans
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Laissez les bon temps rouler!

WorldMark is now in New Orleans; the City of Mystery! Visitors flock here to taste the unique brand of Nawlins southern hospitality and now WorldMark owners will join them.

Have questions regarding this resort area? This is the place to ask. Want to give someone kudos for the wonderful vacation review/story, or the fabulous photos they shared? This is the place to do it. Title your reply, "Questions - New Orleans", or "Kudos: Owners photo album or resort review". Be sure to give the username for your thank you.

#59136 - 10/11/20 03:30 AM Re: Questions and Comments - New Orleans [Re: Forum Host]
bthorman Offline

Loc: San Francisco Area
Anyoe been here lately? We're booked for Jan 5 - 12th 2021 and would love suggestions.

#58197 - 03/09/18 01:53 PM Re: Questions and Comments - New Orleans [Re: Forum Host]
AnnL Offline

Just came back from New Orleans last week. The Avenue Plaza Hotel is conveniently located near several landmarks and attractions. You really don't need a car to get around because the trolly car stops directly across the street of the hotel and you can uber or lyft where you want to go at a reasonable cost. The hotel also offers a slew of tours at a discounted price. They also do not pressure you to go to a presentation. BUT, what they do instead is have someone come to your room early the next morning to do a survey on what you think about Wyndham Hotel resorts and if you don't have the expanded membership package then they try to get you to buy in. I didn't like that because it took up most of our day.

I highly recommend doing the Whitney plantation tour. Most of the plantation tours talk about the owners of the plantation but the Whitney plantation focuses more on the story of slavery and the slaves who lived on the plantation. Definitely heart wrenching to hear stories told by the slaves who endured a horrible inhumane way of life.

The unit was clean, however, we did experience a visit from a big roach one night in the bathroom and then again a baby roach the next morning. I have to say this made the stay a bit uncomfortable for the rest of the time we were there. There was also a problem with the plumbing in the restroom but the maintenance person came right away and addressed the problem. Unfortunately, the problem reoccurred the next day but we use the plunger that was in the room and it seemed to rectify the issue.

Overall, it is a pleasant hotel and I would stay there again but be prepared for the unexpected visitors. I discovered that when we left the light on in the bathroom, we didn't see any more for the rest of our stay.

#58117 - 02/08/18 02:23 PM KUDOS for excellent handling of Mardi Gras foot traffic [Re: Forum Host]
LOTES Offline

We visited WM Avenue Plaza for the first parade weekend of Mardi Gras (2/1-2/4). Avenue Plaza is an excellent parade location as the 'Uptown' Parade Route goes right past the resort. We saw 5 different krewes on Friday!

I wanted to send a big shout out on behalf of the resort management and staff for their excellent handling of resort access during the parades. The resort issued wristbands, slipped under our unit door, with instructions. Staff, stationed at the front, diligently monitored the wristbands to prevent non-guests from entering the building, crowding the lobby, crowding the elevators, using the restrooms, etc. Guests wearing the wristbands were quickly ushered inside between parades and offered water, access to lobby seating, etc.

WELL DONE, Avenue Plaza! We loved our Mardi Gras visit!

#57447 - 01/18/17 09:30 AM Re: Questions and Comments - New Orleans- STUDIO Vs. 1 Bedroom [Re: KASH]
KatieDidd Offline

thanks!

#56932 - 05/24/16 05:49 AM New Orleans available [Re: Forum Host]
KASH Offline

Loc: GATEWAY CITY
I have condos available in French Quarters area and here in Avenue Plaza

#56925 - 05/22/16 09:25 AM Parking [Re: Forum Host]
KASH Offline

Saying that I would recommend public transportation very highly senior citizens get a discounted rate the parking is a dollar for 15 minutes in the green zones (on the street) and once you purchase your parking pass you put it in the window and you can go from one Green Zone to another green zone.

#56924 - 05/22/16 09:10 AM Re: Questions and Comments - New Orleans [Re: travelbug23]
KASH Offline

That is not allowed in the studio

#56923 - 05/22/16 09:08 AM Re: Questions and Comments - New Orleans- STUDIO Vs. 1 Bedroom [Re: KatieDidd]
KASH Offline

The difference is the occupancy the Studio's only allowed to and the one bedrooms allowed up to 4 with a sofa sleeper.

#56713 - 02/25/16 12:19 PM Re: Questions and Comments - New Orleans- STUDIO Vs. 1 Bedroom [Re: travelbug23]
KatieDidd Offline

I have the same question about the unit size of studios vs. 1 bedroom.

Can someone please explain the difference in size and preference between a studio with 2 queen beds versus a 1 bedroom unit. Just wondering if paying the extra credits to upgrade to the 1 bedroom is worth it.

I appreciate your feedback smile Katie

#56108 - 07/07/15 11:58 AM Re: Questions and Comments - New Orleans [Re: Forum Host]
travelbug23 Offline

Loc: Central CA
I have a family of four (2 kids, 2 adults) and we are interested in staying at this location in September. The maximum occupancy lists 2 people for studios, but there are 2 queen size beds in some of the studios. Can a family of 4 stay in a studio with 2 beds?

#56045 - 06/28/15 02:58 PM Re: Questions and Comments - New Orleans [Re: Forum Host]
C&Mjacobs Offline

Just spent June 23-27 at this resort. Upon arrival everyone was nice. The 1 bedroom was small but it worked as it was just my 15 yr old daughter and I. The resort was clean and I didn't even have anyone ask me about attending a sales pitch. it was great. I would suggest using the valet parking because parking is limited. The resort is only a 9 min drive from the french quarters.

#56023 - 06/21/15 10:35 AM Re: Questions and Comments - New Orleans [Re: Ladyhubbyteens]
1kodiak Offline

Loc: puyallup wash.
just got back from N. O. We had good time , only thing it was so hot and humid.The staff at the resort was fun and helpful. the rooms were great.

#55243 - 10/07/14 02:17 PM Re: Questions and Comments - New Orleans [Re: Forum Host]
Ladyhubbyteens Offline

Loc: San Mateo, CA
We will be arriving at New Orleans property Dec. 25, 2014 for 1 wk celebrating our birthdays.. ...so excited !!
Will be there with my 2 adult daughters...what to do ..where to go, what to see, where to eat ? ... i have read some reviews, but so many are outdated...anything else we need to know...thanks !! counting down smile

#54835 - 06/24/14 09:14 AM Re: Questions and Comments - New Orleans [Re: ]
oldcoach Offline

Hello-- First off, I wish this Forum had a "search" feature for each resort to help in finding specific info on a specific resort. (If it *does*, and I missed it, show me where it is!). So..... What is the difference between a "Studio" and a "Studio hotel". The WM room descriptions are OK (fairly generic and non-specific), but are there any differences in location, square footage, furnishings, etc? Thanks in advance for any info and/ or help!------ The Coach

Edited by oldcoach (06/24/14 09:18 AM)

#50992 - 10/29/13 08:53 PM Re: Questions and Comments - New Orleans [Re: ]
Tennisfan Offline

My cousin met me in New Orleans and we stayed at the Avenue Plaza in October. The resort is in the garden district so we were able to take the trolley cars to the French Quarter. If you buy a day pass (only $3) it’s good until 4am the next morning. Mondays there’s an orientation shouldn’t be missed. They give you the schedule for the week, some history on the resort and a special treat!

We were each in a studio unit with a dining table and chairs. The bathroom was small but nicely appointed with a shower head that switches between rainfall and handheld. The rooms must have been recently updated as the pictures on the website don’t do it justice. There’s a mini kitchen, a famous steak house downstairs and a market down the street. The concierge staff is excellent and arrived for several excursions that we really enjoyed, (e.g., swamp tour, plantation tour, etc.).

When we went to check out on Friday (their busiest day!) I inadvertently left my purse in the room. I called the resort and got a call back the following Monday that my purse had been found. Apparently someone on the housekeeping staff found it and put it away for me! laugh They shipped it to me along with some other items I left beside the purse. I am forever grateful for their helpful and honest staff!

This is a beautiful resort with a great staff, New Orleans has lots of wonderful food too!

#50962 - 10/20/13 08:15 PM Re: Questions and Comments - New Orleans [Re: Barbara Sweets]
June Lake Offline

I am planning to go on April next year. Did anyone reply to you? Or can you answer your questions for me please?
Also, wondering how it is there during Easter week?

#50935 - 10/12/13 07:15 PM Re: Questions and Comments - New Orleans [Re: ]
fisherman Offline

Loc: Las Vegas
I stayed in New Orleans with my wife last November for a week and this year my 22 year old daughter went with 3 of her friends. We felt secure the entire time. The staff was wonderful. Plenty to do without renting a car. Great and easy (only 3.00) per day to get around by bus and parking is very expensive. I could try and explain all the fun places we went and food places to eat, but everywhere we went to the food and people were great. The swamp tour is work every penny. My daughter also took this and loved it. She also took the haunted tour and loved that as well. I felt the entire community is very diverse and accepting of all. Mother's is one place to eat (soul food) that stood out among the many great eating experiences. Went to a Saints game and you have to go early to enjoy all the fun. A live band, dancers, Bloody Mary's, all at 8:00 AM. No trouble at all, every very festive. I look forward to going back again and would suggest this as a real winner.

Mike

Oceanside x6, Lake Tahoe x2,La Paloma x3,Disneyland, San Diego, Solvang, Angels Camp x2,

Mike & Terry

#50858 - 09/19/13 08:47 AM Re: How is the safety? [Re: Kerry125]
KASH Offline

Well how as your trip??? I was waiting to hear. We have been there several times each year and plan to visit often, so you may look up and see me there at anytime wink

#50088 - 05/01/13 08:06 PM Re: Questions and Comments - New Orleans [Re: ]
Barbara Sweets Offline

We will be flying into New Orleans next month. Can anyone tell me if there is an airport shuttle to the resort and or approximately the cost of cab fare. There will be four of us. Thanks for your help.

#49339 - 01/06/13 09:05 AM Re: Questions and Comments - New Orleans [Re: ]
arielsmamaw Offline

Loc: Kentucky
We just returned from our Sugar Bowl trip in NOLA. GO CARDS! Anyway, a couple of quick comments for those planning trips. The amenities and staff were great! We loved the heated pool and hot tub (outside). The patios are fantastic! FYI...the trolley cars are not running in this location - there is ongoing work being done on the tracks. Busses run, and while they are more readily available in the daytime, nightime is a different story. We took cabs into downtown and French Quarter. It's about $8 to $11 each way - which can be expensive when you add it up. My survey answers suggested a courtesy van into Downtown that runs until midnight. At least you could save yourself cabfare going one direction. Cabs are readily available all night long to return to Avenue Plaza. Our favorite place to eat (nearby) is the Blind Pelican! Awesome oysters and pulled pork sandwiches. Inexpensive for sure and lots of wonderful, local beers on tap! Outside TV's and heaters on patios for sports watching! Service is a bit slow here, so watch your time if you're headed to a game or show. All-in-all, I don't know why we waited so long to go! We will definitely be back - probably in the fall when weather is more reliable. We had 65-72 degs. first day, then down to 40's in the day! Our whole party now have colds - might be also from partying until the wee hours. laugh Wear comfortable shoes!! sidewalks and streets are uneven and high heels should probably be avoided, unless you want a spraigned ankle.

#49022 - 11/05/12 02:14 PM Re: How is the safety? [Re: Kerry125]
boswellcbdb Offline

Loc: California
My husband and I (mid-sixties) were at the Avenue Plaza a couple years ago. We took the trolley all over the place day and night. We had a great time and never felt ill at ease. Unless something has changed in the last couple years, all anyone needs to do is be aware of their surroundings and have a great time. We were down in the French Quarter after dark, walked the streets, etc. Enjoy your trip. People are people not matter where you go.

#48999 - 11/01/12 08:05 PM How is the safety? [Re: ]
Kerry125 Offline

Loc: Alberta, Canada
I have a trip planned here for December 2012. I was extremely excited and was surfing the net for info on N.O.....then I stumbled on a bunch of different pages ranting about how unsafe the city is and basically stating you are risking your life by visiting post-Katrina New Orleans. Please provide your opinions/experiences so I can get a realistic idea of what I am getting into. It will be myself & husband (late thirties) on this trip with no children. Thank you in advance, I truly value the info and experiences of everyone on this forum as fellow WM Owners.
Indio - March 2013

#48588 - 08/27/12 07:16 PM Re: Questions and Comments - New Orleans [Re: ]
raidergurl65 Offline

My thoughts and prayers are with you all in the Gulf, with Isaac approaching. Hoping Isaac has mercy on one of my most favorite places in the world....Be safe ya'll.

#48305 - 07/22/12 07:19 PM Re: Questions and Comments - New Orleans [Re: MssMe]
MssMe Offline

I guess now I can answer my own question...Yes, parking is currently $11.20 a day. The parking structure is located on the westside of the building, but is not accessible to guest...only valet. Street parking is available near the property.

#48275 - 07/14/12 06:57 PM Re: Questions and Comments - New Orleans [Re: ]
MssMe Offline

I'm going to NOLA on Tues. for a week, is the parking really $11.00+ a day? I hadn't planned on spending $80.00 just to park (usually parking is free), if so, are there any alternatives?

#47894 - 05/27/12 02:03 PM Re: Questions and Comments - New Orleans [Re: vedaniels1]
Anasazione Offline

We just got back from the resort in NOLA...the trolley is right out in front of the resort. As far as the pool...we never had any time to swim, since there was so much to do. Fantabulous time! PS..the trolley heading to the right goes to the Garden district and beyond and the trolley heading left goes to the French Quarter where you can get off right at Bourbon Street etc..Get a three day pass down at the Walgreens near the resort.

#47881 - 05/25/12 11:25 AM Re: Questions and Comments - New Orleans [Re: travlnmama]
vedaniels1 Offline

I am going next week and called about the pool since I saw it was removed and they said the pool at Worldmark will still be unavailable, however they have provided the use of another pool near the French Quarter - Hotel Monteleone http://hotelmonteleone.com/
They recommend taking the trolley - apparently it's about a mile away? They are not providing shuttle service or complimentary trolley passes.
I have no idea how Hotel Monteleone will accomodate dressing changes or showers, but it looks like a very nice hotel.

#47863 - 05/22/12 11:21 PM Re: Questions and Comments - New Orleans [Re: davidpeter]
travlnmama Offline

Loc: Portland, Or
Hi, I am headed to New Orleans in a couple weeks, June 4-7th. I thought it said the pool will be closed- but now I don't see that notice. If the pool is closed- how close is the substitute. What is the difference of the Studio and the Studio-Hotel?
Thank You,
travlnmama

#46556 - 10/11/11 11:15 PM Re: Questions and Comments - New Orleans [Re: ]
davidpeter Offline

In New Orleans you can spend time in Louisiana Children's Museum.The smell of soap conjures memories of being inside a giant bubble at the Louisiana Children's Museum and also you can visit FYIfly.com to know more about current event in New Orleans.

Things to do in New Orleans

Edited by davidpeter (10/11/11 11:16 PM)

#45195 - 05/16/11 12:05 AM Question - kid-friendly? [Re: ]
jenvin Offline

Loc: Canada
Hi there,

We're considering a vacation to New Orleans for spring break in 2012 with our two kids (age 13 and 9). Is the resort kid-friendly, and is New Orleans in general, kid-friendly?

Thanks,

Jen

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.