Who's Online
0 registered (), 41 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#11303 - 04/13/04 09:06 PM Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

What travel tips or favorite directions/flights do you have for Coral Baja and the Cabo area? Title your reply "Travel Tips - Coral Baja", or "Directions - Coral Baja and area".

#58456 - 08/02/18 09:00 AM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area [Re: Forum Host]
cliffh Offline

Loc: OREGON
Fishing in Cabo? This company will pick you and the family up from the airport, cold drinks included. Fishing was great, clean and safe. I have already booked another trip in October 2018. 52 624 217 3230 their number, Titos Sportfishing Zepeda. I am a platinum owner and don't work for this guy, just sharing. Also, they will clean your fish and give you options where to get it cooked to take it back to the condo. Any questions email me at cliffy94@yahoo.com. I don't check this forum often. Titos is also on Facebook.

#57501 - 02/14/17 10:17 AM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area [Re: Forum Host]
grantw7 Offline

Loc: Squamish, BC, Canada
Just back from CB. Urbano bus is now 13 pesos. Best shuttle from airport is still Transcabo, but this time I reserved through Cabosanlucastours.net and saved a couple of bucks. They will also do the return if you reserve round trip.

#57367 - 12/09/16 03:25 PM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area [Re: Forum Host]
johninnv Offline

Just departing from CB tomorrow after a wonderful week. Have been here several times over the years but not for the last few years. here are some observations. The private taxi fares have gotten MUCH HIGHER, without justification. Used to be about $3 US to go to downtown San Jose from CB, now it is $7. In the meantime the peso has devalued from previous (about 10 to a $) to (19 per $). There has been little inflation and the local currency is worth about half what it was, so why has the price gone up more than double. Same with other destinations. Went from CB to Santa Maria beach to snorkel. Committed before we really paid attention. Taxi charged us $30 each way = $60 US for the 10 minute ride each way. My goodness, can rent a car here for $30 per day.....and obviously should have. It used to be that renting a car was not sensible because taxi and other transportation was so cheap, but not anymore. However after talking to a few of the always friendly workers at CB we found out we could walk down to the La Comer grocery store (used to be the Mega) and catch the yellow "URBANO" bus to downtown SJ for 11.5 Pesos per person = about 65 cents. They are like old yellow school buses, but they get the job done = $2.60 US for two people round trip vs $14 US for taxi. The CB should have this information printed and in-room for all guests.
Mama Mia restaurant at CB is still very good and very fair in pricing.
One more item...years ago they had old 60's and 70's rock and roll playing most of the time at the pool.......now it is pretty much poor quality Mexican Music. Everyone I saw ignored it ......but when the pool bar played an occasional "oldie" I saw a LOT of us Oldies lip-syncing along with it....Bring back the R&R! CB is still maintained very well and kinda feels like home to many of us who have been there several times. It would be good if they provided us with a few sheets of "local info" about events, how to get around without getting ripped off by overly expensive cabs, arranging some "taxi-ride sharing systems" for 4 or 6 people to share taxis to the "usual" places. Splitting the cost 4 or 6 ways for a taxi would work for everyone. That's all for now. Enjoy your trip.

#57120 - 08/07/16 08:42 AM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area [Re: Forum Host]
cliffh Offline

Loc: OREGON
Directions from airport to resort? We are going to rent a car I think.....

#54823 - 06/22/14 02:51 PM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area [Re: ]
winnieboyle Offline

Did you ever drive from San Diego, California to Coral Baja? It is about 1000 miles. Any driving tips and which city should we stop for a night?

Or did you ever drive through the whole trip without stop over-night? We will travel with four teenagers and it will cost too much for us to fly there. Thank you very much.

#54815 - 06/21/14 09:20 AM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area [Re: ]
steeler1mws Offline

Absolutely believe that you need to walk directly outside to your cab at the airport. We had man ask us if we needed a cab. We told him we already had a cab. He asked with who. Told him Translife then he pointed to a desk and said, "Right over there", as he pointed to a desk. Guess what? It was a timeshare salesman. DUH!! We ended up going to a timeshare presentation to Pueblo Bonito. We sat with a presenter named Rafael. After 3.5 hrs We told him bottomline, we are not signing anything. He told us if we aren't signing anything, that he wasn'going to give us our gifts. I turned to the people next to us that were listing to another presentation and told them what he said. Rafael told me that if I didn't calm down, that I would spend 24 hours in a Mexican Prison. He then said, that he meant I had to sign for the gifts. That is not what he implied. GO STRAIGHT TO YOUR CAB!!!!!! Yes I got my gifts. He shoved a piece of paper in my and said to take it to the front to get my gifts. He didn't even walk us to the front.

#54790 - 06/15/14 11:14 PM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area [Re: ]
waltc Offline

Loc: Santa Clara
We took Alaska and Terminal 2 is very nice. As mentioned before by other posters, if you already have your transportation reserved, after getting your bags keep walking through until you are outside and find your transportation. DO NOT stop and kindly say no to anyone who approaches you. The folks after picking up your luggage will do anything to get you to their timeshare presentation. We were lied to twice before we just headed outside and found our Cielito Lindo Ground Service.

We did not use a rental car. I don't think we needed one. Taxi service is easy to get and the buses were nice (orange/purple colored ones have a/c). Make sure you let the bus driver know where you want to go so they stop. We missed the Mega stop the first day we were in Mexico because no one was at the Mega stop to pick up.

#54662 - 05/19/14 06:19 PM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area RE:Car Rental [Re: ]
vchavezpie Offline

Loc: Washington
There will be 9 of us in August, 2014 so I figure a rental car or 2 would be good. What company is best to go thru? what are the cost? We have a costco card and added the program that if we use our american express costco card the added insurance is just $20 per rental. Do I still have to pay the required mexico insurance?

Cindy

#54102 - 01/12/14 04:58 PM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area [Re: ]
kcaldwell Offline

Loc: Idaho
Just returned from Coral Baja on Wednesday. There have been a couple more changes since our trip last year. First, Terminal 2 at the airport is up and running(I guess since about Feb. 2013) and certain airlines fly into terminal 1 and terminal 2. US airways, alaska, delta, and air tran were some of the airlines I saw fly into terminal 2. United still flies out of terminal 1. The new terminal is quite nice, with jetways straight off the plane. The timeshare sharks are lurking just as much at both terminals, so if you have already booked your shuttle or rental car just smile say no thank you and keep walking through.

The other new thing we saw this time was the highway from CSL to Todos Santos. We haven't been up there since Spring 2010, and it is now a 4 lane freeway just like the corridor. Very easy driving with a great view of the Pacific. I imagine since the infrastructure is now in place there will be even more development.....just keep it in CSL!

If you're relying on public transportation all you have to tell the taxis is "Coral Baja" and remember to agree on the fare before you take the ride. We've never had an issue using this same info shared with us years ago.

As far as Coral Baja goes, the same great people and service year after year. As much as we like going other places to eat and explore while we're in Mexico, it is also very relaxing to hang at the pool, enjoy the happy hour and get to visit with other owners. You really don't have to go anywhere if you don't want too. There's always something to do around the pool whether it is volleyball in the pool or on the beach, or whatever you want.

The bedspread and bedding is new and the beds were very comfortable, especially for an extended stay. I could go on and on about how great this place is, but want to keep it short. Please reply if you want to know more about specific places to eat, snorkel, etc.

#50083 - 05/01/13 10:55 AM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area [Re: ]
Pstreet1 Offline

People often ask about money/ATM's/etc. in a foreign country. I found some excellent advice (not quoted, abstracted) many might be interested in:

When renting a car or buying something in Mexico, you need to beware of Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC). It is really a ripoff.

If the company allows you to "pay in dollars," (major companies, not little Mom & Pop establishments), you will almost certainly be hit with DCC, and that gets your money two ways:

1. it does NOT avoid extra fees from your bank. Several years ago banks went from a foreign currency conversion fee to a "foreign usage fee." You will get charged the same fee by your bank for using the card in another country whether it is in dollars or local currency. It is not whether you pay in dollars that avoids fees, it is whether your card is with the right institution----so check your bank or credit card company and find out what their policy is.

Cirrus and Plus networks charge a flat 1% for doing the conversion work, and that is passed on by most banks. Many banks tack on an additional 2% fee on top of the 1% to Cirrus or Plus.

Look out even at ATM machines if they offer to bill your account in dollars. If you priced it out even at the rates of local exchange houses, they give an awful exchange rate. You only get the good rate by hitting the button to have it transmitted in local currency and having the Cirrus or Plus system do the conversion.

2. DCC gives really horrible exchange rates. In comparison, if you pay in local currency, credit and debit cards process that at the mid-market interbank rate, one of the best rates available.

DCC never shows up as a separate charge on your credit card bill because it is an internal conversion before it hits the card system.

Being charged the same amount in dollars as you were quoted in dollars means nothing because the DCC rate, if it's being used, was already incorporated in the rate they quoted you.

To make a comparison, price in local currency and then look up the conversion rates at midmarked interbank rates at xe.com

That means that you should always avoid paying in dollars if you are in a foreign country. If they bill you in dollars, ask to be billed in the local currency; if you ask, they have to do it.

Edited by Pstreet1 (05/01/13 10:56 AM)

#49760 - 03/01/13 06:59 PM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area [Re: ]
Joklein535 Offline

Hi! I am heading to Coral Baja in 22 days. I am pretty excited. I have always booked the shuttle round trip from the airport. Has anyone ever taking the taxi to the airport on the day of departure?

#49698 - 02/21/13 08:39 AM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area [Re: laurenk]
traveler2be Offline

Loc: Oregon
i think it's less than a mile. on the right ,you go under a overpass.

#49637 - 02/12/13 08:42 AM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area [Re: Hondacrzy]
Pstreet1 Offline

American Express covers hospitalization for people in your car. The Mexican 3rd party liability covers damage you do to others or their property. If you use the insurance that simply comes free on American Express, the limits are lower and some of the coverage is lower. The upgrade to the $25.00 per rental period adds quite a bit--they'll explain it on the phone.

Mexican 3rd party liability insurance--which you MUST buy from the car rental place--should be about $10.00 a day. People on Trip Advisor speak highly of CACTUS car rental. We haven't used them, so I don't know.

#49616 - 02/08/13 08:46 AM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area [Re: gljmann]
Pstreet1 Offline

You might try putting a fare alert on Kayak.com. That way, if the fare does drop, you'll get an email about it.

#49166 - 12/04/12 09:50 AM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area [Re: ]
laurenk Offline

Loc: Northern Ca
I am renting a car when I get to Cabo and I'm just wondering when driving to the timeshare from the airport, how far do you go past Coral Baja before making a Uturn to come back to the entrance?
Thanks, Lauren

#47879 - 05/25/12 09:22 AM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area [Re: ]
oldcoach Offline

Just got back from a great week at Coral Baja. As far as "travel tips and directions" goes-- here is my contribution. This is what we did. We went directly thru the Translife website. We printed out our confirmation. Also, we arranged to pay AT THE RESORT, at the activities desk- (this simply took a phone call to their int'l toll-free #) Worked slick. No problems. One important note about the return trip to the airport-- Even though your name is on his "list", along w/ your confirmation #'s, and even if you have the confirmation printed in your hand, you still need the PRINTED RECIEPT OF PAYMENT to board the van for the "return" trip. On our NEXT TRIP we will do the same things, except we will only take the Translife service ONE WAY-- from the airport TO the Coral Baja. We will take a van/cab right from the CB to SJD (appx $20). Translife's one-way service is appx $14/PP, both ways is $24/PP. So our 4-person "return" trip (@ $12 ea), was $48, and stuffed with people and luggage. We'll take the $20 relaxing, direct-shot non-stuffed cab ride any day back to the airport. Anyway, that's my two cents worth. Hope this helps. The Ol' Coach.

Edited by oldcoach (05/25/12 11:57 AM)

#47682 - 04/25/12 09:58 AM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area [Re: bobandkerry]
ruddm Offline

Sorry for the delayed post, I've been enjoying my vacation too much! The construction is not at all disruptive. I've only noticed it a couple of times and that hasn't been bad at all. The rooms are remarkably quiet, you really can't hear any noises from the other rooms. So peaceful. This was our first trip and we LOVE it. We are so sad to be leaving tomorrow.

Food - We ate at La Dolce the first night (pepperoni pizza and fettuccini alfredo) it was very good. The pizza was wood-fired and pretty darn good. We also grabbed a croissant from French Riviera and it was just as delicious as all the other reviewers posted. The second night was our 10th Anniversary so we ate at Morgan's Cellar it was a wonderful atmosphere and the dinner was fantastic. This was a expensive dinner ($152 usd for 4 people), worth it for a special occasion, but otherwise would probably not repeat. On our way out of town back to the highway, we passed several little taquerias (this is what I wanted was a local taqueria) and one seemed to be quite a bit busier than all the others so we went there for lunch on Saturday. It's called El Fogon and it was PHENOMINAL!! The wait staff isn't the friendliest, but they don't need to be because the food is so outstanding. We were the only gringos there, but it had a constant flow of locals coming in. We went back for dinner on Sunday night (at 9:30) and it was still packed. For tacos I loved the tacos Al Pastor and the Gringas (great tray of condiments at the table) the Queso Fundido is to die for also. If you want a sandwich the pastortas was also delicious. I wish I had enough space to try everything on the menu. We went back there for dinner on Tuesday and this will be our last stop on the way to the airport on Thursday. We went into Cabo San Lucas Sunday during the day and ate at Cabo Wabo. Pricey, but the food was good (we ate in the bar). I would particularly recommend the frijole Y queso burrito. Very yummy! Tuesday morning we had breakfast at French Riviera, YUMMO!! The crepes, french toast and waffles were delicious, but the croissant breakfast sandwich was the clear winner! We also had lunch at Sardina Cantina which was also very good. My husband has eaten at Mama Mias several times and thoroughly enjoyed the pizza, nachos and quesadilla. The pico de gallo is very good depending on the day.

the other Molly

#47681 - 04/25/12 09:17 AM Re: Going to Cabo [Re: Hondacrzy]
ruddm Offline

I am sitting poolside at CB right now (leaving tomorrow and feeling very sad about it). For the car rental... I booked using the Costco coupon code and was really pleased with the deal we got. We booked through the Alamo website and chose the midsize with 3rd party liability (required at $13/day), because it was with the Costco code we received the additional driver for free. Our total was $170 for the week. Once we got there they offered us the collision damage waiver with no deductible for an extra $60 for the week (this was $40/day on the website). He said this was a special price for booking through Costco. We went with it. It made our total rental price $230 for the week.

We really loved having a car. We have really liked the freedom this has given us. You do need to be a pretty assertive driver (a little more assertive than driving in downtown Seattle, but less than NYC). For us it has been well worth the price.

The other Molly

#47651 - 04/18/12 07:58 PM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area [Re: Pstreet1]
Hondacrzy Offline

Loc: UTAH
Originally Posted By: Pstreet1

3. You will have to have insurance on the vehicle itself. You will have to
a. purchase it from the car rental company OR (you can't do both; it invalidates the insurance)
b. let the insurance that comes with Visa/Mastercard/American Express, at no charge, cover the vehicle itself. Call customer service for your credit card and find out about their coverage. If you decide to let their insurance cover it, print a copy of the policy (customer service can tell you how) and take it with you. Also, get a toll-free number that will work from Mexico in case you have to call them--it won't be 1-800-
If you decide to purchase from the car rental company, the cost will probably be about $20.00 a day for the insurance on the vehicle.

I am going to CB in July and I have been looking into this. If I am correct the American Express only covers the car. The mexico liability insurance covers what you hit. What policy covers the people in the car. If anyone else has input that would be great. Thrifty Quoted me $15 a day for the mandatory liability Ins.

#47642 - 04/17/12 07:09 PM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area [Re: ruddm]
bobandkerry Offline

Loc: Rain World
Thanks Molly, really appreciate your reply! We're really looking forward to our trip (as I'm sure you are too), and are trusting it will be as relaxing and fun as it has been the last 3 times we've been there.

B&K

#47638 - 04/17/12 12:04 PM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area [Re: bobandkerry]
ruddm Offline

I resent my e-mail to the staff at the Coral Baja and this was the note I received back:

Hello Mrs Rudd,

I apologize that you have not received an answer from us.

They had programmed the resurfacing of the pool area for the 15th but now they have not set an specific date.
Right now they are working on some units of Phase 1, that will continue at least until the end of the month.

The work that they are doing on this units are counter-tops and cabinetry.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any further doubts or concerns.

Ruben Rocha
Public Relations | Coral Baja Resort
Tel: 52 (624) 142.3939
Fax: 52 (624) 142.3988
E-mail: ruben.rocha@nautilius.com.mx

We have a 1 bedroom (not deluxe), so we are definitely in phase one. I'm hoping that counter and cabinet work won't be too intrusively noisy! Also - I hope to be away from the room most of the day (I'm thinking that pool work would have been a bigger bummer than room construction) smile

I'll post once I'm down there about the construction.

#47632 - 04/16/12 07:10 PM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area [Re: ruddm]
bobandkerry Offline

Loc: Rain World
Hey ruddm, we're heading down next week, if no one replies to your post and if you're able to post while you're there, we'd sure appreciate hearing from you once you get there and see for yourself. We arrive next Tuesday and because we received the letter you received, we called WM to see if we could get any additional information and were told that the work would be limited to certain areas, the pool (and more importantly, the bar) would remain open, and that it shouldn't be too instrusive. We're hoping that's the case.

#47629 - 04/16/12 03:00 PM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area [Re: ]
ruddm Offline

We received a letter about pool resurfacing,and are heading down there this Thursday. Has anyone been there in the past week? How disruptive is the pool resurfacing (noisy/messy)? Is there still construction (I don't believe this was mentioned in my letter)?

Thanks!
Molly R

#47615 - 04/15/12 10:25 AM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area [Re: Pstreet1]
fluttersby23 Offline

Thanks for the tips. If that's about the cost of a rental I think we'll probably go that way. My concern as far as currency goes is, in fact, identity theft. We don't do credit cards and we don't want to give some random thief access to our bank accounts.

#47587 - 04/09/12 05:05 PM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area [Re: TroyTeague]
pepper69 Offline

headed down may 13th what do you need

#47580 - 04/08/12 02:24 PM Re: Going to Cabo [Re: fluttersby23]
Pstreet1 Offline

Originally Posted By: fluttersby23
Wife and I are traveling there in a few weeks instead of on our 10th anniversary so we don't have to farm out the kids while the have a hectic school schedule. The two questions I have are: rent a car or cab around? And second, travelers checks or cash?

There are as many opinions on renting/cabbing as there are people on this board, so I think you have to read what they say and try to evaluate your own traveling style and see how it fits with what they say. We are renters--though in Puerto Vallarta, we've both rented and used the public bus (used the bus some even though we did have a car--it was more convenient for some things.) In Cabo, we've always rented. We like the convenience of going where we want/when we want. By the time you factor in the cost of a shuttle to the resort and a taxi back to the airport plus a couple of rides, the cost of renting is largely taken care of, in our opinion.
Renting Facts:
1. You absolutely MUST purchase Mexican 3rd party liability insurance from the car rental company. It does not cover the vehicle. It covers damage you do to other people or their property. It is the only insurance the police will ask to see if there is a wreck; it is the insurance that keeps you out of a Mexican jail if there is a wreck with bodily injury (even if the wreck wasn't your fault, and the cop says it wasn't, if you don't have Mexican 3rd party liability insurance, you will go to jail).
It is now (as of this January) the law in Mexico that you must have it. The car company can't let you drive the car off the lot without it.

2. Avis for sure (and maybe National and Hertz) include basic 3rd party liability insurance in the rate they quote you. You can decline to purchase higher limit 3rd party liability insurance, which they, of course, offer for an additional fee. On the line where you sign for the insurance coverage, the contract clearly states "ADDITIONAL" liability. If you purchase the additional liability, of course, your coverage has higher limits. You can also decline to purchase the ADDITIONAL liability, but not the basic. For car rental companies that do not include the basic coverage in the rate they quote, it is generally around $10.00 per rental day. I don't know the price of the additional liability coverage.

3. You will have to have insurance on the vehicle itself. You will have to
a. purchase it from the car rental company OR (you can't do both; it invalidates the insurance)
b. let the insurance that comes with Visa/Mastercard/American Express, at no charge, cover the vehicle itself. Call customer service for your credit card and find out about their coverage. If you decide to let their insurance cover it, print a copy of the policy (customer service can tell you how) and take it with you. Also, get a toll-free number that will work from Mexico in case you have to call them--it won't be 1-800-
If you decide to purchase from the car rental company, the cost will probably be about $20.00 a day for the insurance on the vehicle.

For us, the least expensive way to get good coverage on the vehicle (personal injury, personal possessions, damage to the car itself, and loss coverage in case the car is out of service for repairs and you have to pay the rental company for the income they didn't get while it was being repaired) is to use American Express Premium Insurance. Any American Express card has good coverage, but that insurance is seconday to your own car insurance, so your company will be contacted. If you get American Express Premium coverage, it becomes primary coverage so your insurance company will never know. The cost of using the Premium Insurance (which activates automatically whenever you rent a car with the card, so when we don't want it to, we just use another card) is cheap. It's a total of $17.00 to $25.00 (the amount depends on your state of residence) for the ENTIRE RENTAL period, up to 42 days. Using their premium insurance, we feel well covered, and it certainly costs less than the rental car company's insurance, which runs about $20.00 a day.

If you want to rent, do it while you are still in the U.S.; rates are MUCH cheaper on-line than they are after you get there. We've usually gotten a small car for about $135-$150 for a week from Avis. Then we have the additional $25.00 to American Express for the insurance. We like renting a small car because it's easier to park, and of course, it costs less.

MONEY: Traveler's Checks have just about gone the way of the DoDo Bird. Lots of people don't even know what they are, but of course, hotels and better restaurants and banks do know what they are. We've found that our least expensive and most convenient option is using our ATM cards at the bank. You can withdraw in pesos or dollars. Dollars are widely used and will be good enough to get you to the bank/grocery store where you can use at ATM machine. Mexico is still very much a cash society, though in the resort corridor, you can also use credit cards. Some people feel identity theft is more of a problem in Mexico, though, and choose not to use credit cards--we're among them.

Whatever you choose to do about renting/taxi, you'll have a great time.
P.S.--I forgot to say that we find driving in Cabo very easy. The highway is 4 lane, divided. In town, small streets, but not all that difficult to find parking.

Edited by Pstreet1 (04/08/12 02:34 PM)

#47579 - 04/08/12 11:49 AM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area [Re: TroyTeague]
fluttersby23 Offline

Getting there June 23rd. I'll as him if I can send you contact info. How will he know you?

#47578 - 04/08/12 11:48 AM Going to Cabo [Re: ]
fluttersby23 Offline

Wife and I are traveling there in a few weeks instead of on our 10th anniversary so we don't have to farm out the kids while the have a hectic school schedule. The two questions I have are: rent a car or cab around? And second, travelers checks or cash?

#47577 - 04/08/12 08:15 AM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area [Re: ]
TroyTeague Offline

Anyone going to the resort in the near future???

We had a great experience with the help of one of the staff, we are looking to contact him prior to our visit this year, need help from a member heading down before August 2012!!! He was or is a waiter in the main bar/restaurant behind the pool and went by the nickname of Cko (pronounced See-Co) Mid 20's.
If anyone can help, it would be appreciated!!!

#47202 - 02/12/12 07:57 PM Re: Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area [Re: bthorman]
Pstreet1 Offline

Call customer service for your credit card and ask them to connect you with the insurance people. We were told by them to print out a copy of the policy before going to prove we had coverage in case there were any questions. They also gave us a toll-free number to call from Mexico (it won't be 1-800 from Mexico).

We've not had a problem, but I did see a couple of posts on Trip Advisor about Mastercard/Visa/American Express (don't remember which ones) handling a claim quickly and efficiently.

In Mexico, Mastercard/Visa/American Express becomes primary so your home insurance company will not be involved.

They may place a hold of $1000 or $2000 on your credit card until the car is turned in--don't know--but if they do, the hold goes away in a day or two.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.