Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Page 3 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 20 21 >
Topic Options
#9977 - 04/13/04 09:03 PM Questions and Comments for Coral Baja
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Have questions regarding this resort? Want to give someone kudos for the great story they shared in their Vacation Journal or for their awesome photo album? Do it here. Title your reply "Questions - Coral Baja," "Kudos: Journal - Coral Baja," or "Kudos: Photos - Coral Baja." This will make it easy to search this thread to find the questions and answers or respective kudos. Be sure to gibe us the username for your thank you.

Best Regards,

Vacation Forum Admin

Edited by Administrator (10/03/14 11:21 AM)

#57879 - 08/13/17 01:50 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
weathers Offline

I have not ever sent a review for any of the world Mark properties, but I have to say Coral Baja is the best I have ever stayed at,the whole property was very well maintained, not that I've been disappointed at any of the resorts we have stayed at.. We Just got back last night after a 11 night stay. They were continually cleaning all the areas especially the pool area. There is plenty of pool chairs, I noticed someone complained about that last year but I assure you there was plenty, they must have added some. The Mama Mia restaurant has good food, and each night except Sunday night there was some kind of entertainment. The view of the beach is beautiful. We had a 1 bedroom deluxe, it was very nice. The personnel was great, and the actives person was very helpful, I wish I could remember his name. I highly recommend the all day laPaz snorkeling trip, if you rent a car do it at the resort you won't get ripped off like we did. Made a mistake and got the car close to airport....you won't be disappointed if you stay there....
The Weathers

#57815 - 07/16/17 11:43 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: DennisG]
fitmom2 Offline

If you still have your travel document available I would love a copy!! Joevans@cruiseshipcenters.com
Thanks!!

#57782 - 06/29/17 06:23 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
Mexicodiver27 Offline

Loc: Suburb of Denver
The 1 bedroom deluxe is larger and has a drop down Murphy bed and non sleeper sofa and two doors for the bathroom. The 1 bedroom is smaller and has a sleeper sofa without a Murphy bed.

#57652 - 04/20/17 06:19 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: AvalosFam]
bthorman Offline

Loc: San Francisco Area
The main difference is that the deluxe has 2 doors into the bathroom - from the bedroom and the hallway.

#57651 - 04/19/17 11:15 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
AvalosFam Offline

Loc: California
My husband and I are going to CB for our 20th anniversary! It will be our first time here. I am wondering what the difference is between the 1 BR and the 1BR deluxe. Thanks for any info!

Casey

#57572 - 03/16/17 03:48 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: jgmackay]
Joklein535 Offline

I have been here for a week. Although I read the post and article I have found cabo to be safe and no issues. I am having a good time and even rented a car to get around.

#57517 - 02/19/17 04:26 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
jgmackay Offline

Loc: Washington State
I just spent 40 days at Coral Baja and came home Feb. 15th. Coral Baja is my favorite WM resort. It's different because people mingle and socialize there unlike other WM resorts. Many like myself become friends from these meetings and meet annually there at Coral. All of the staff at Coral Baja is the best….! This particular WM resort is managed by an outside company and I have to say, it has to be the cleanest WM resort Worldmark has.
In November, I became aware of this issue of the drug kingpin, El Chapo being sent to the United States to serve his sentence. This has left a vacuum on who is going to run that empire. The rumor is there is two gangs vying for Baja and San Jose del Cabo. The violence in November made the newspapers http://www.borderlandbeat.com/…/bloody-dawn-in-san-jose-del…. The rumor is the local government switch alliances and the war started. I knew before I left for SJD, there had been some murders and violence. Last year, the turf war was isolated to La Paz. Now, killings have been going on in and around Los Cabos at a faster pace. All the cities along Baja have experienced recent cartel violence and San Jose del Cabo has gone from a very peaceful place to some troubling times. The link below is in Spanish but if you copy and paste it into Google translate, you can see that there has been a number of murders (44 murders in 48 days) in San Jose (many in the hotel row area) this year (http://www.metropolimx.com/…/44-muertos-en-48-dias-en-los-c…). Right now, there is a heavy military presence in San Jose up to Los Barilles. Numerous check points are set up randomly to apparently try to catch bad guys off guard. When I was there at Coral, there were two "incidents" too close to home. There was an execution at the Mega (Now called La Comer) where a person was executed. I heard one of the killers was shot and killed at Mega and the other was run down and shot in the park playground below Mega. This caused a huge traffic jam for hours as the military rolled in. About a week ago, I tried to enter Walmart’s underground garage and was turned away by police. I later learned someone had been executed there. For the first time ever, I have seen patrols of military walk the beach armed with automatic weapons in front of Coral Baja. Today, I got a message from my brother who is staying at Coral Baja right now that automatic gunfire could be heard over by Zippers and the returno this morning. No word yet on casualties. There definitely is a turf war going on down there. As far as I know, no tourists have been killed.
There is a tremendous amount of building going on in the Cabo corridor between San Jose and Cabo San Lucas. I cannot imagine the impact this turf war will have on the tourist industry if this war continues.
Note: Duplications of my post maybe seen on wmowners.com

#57502 - 02/14/17 10:20 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
grantw7 Offline

Loc: Squamish, BC, Canada
Just returned after 16 days there. After several years there we are getting tired of the almost non-stop music or entertainment. The view is fantastic, but we are going elsewhere from now on to get a more peaceful winter vacation.

#57498 - 02/13/17 03:40 PM Re: Questions - Coral Baja [Re: AlisaWilliams]
Marmon Offline

We just returned and there is was no construction happening

#57486 - 02/09/17 09:49 AM Re: Questions - Coral Baja [Re: Emcald]
AlisaWilliams Offline

Is there still construction going on at the Resort? Some past comments mentioned construction. Our trip isn't until the end of May, so I am hoping that we miss it if there is still some going on.

#57472 - 01/31/17 07:26 AM Re: Questions - Coral Baja [Re: jfair70]
Emcald Offline

Hi Jfair70,
we have been to CB many times over the years and have experience with the rental car madness.
1) if you look online you will see some really cheap rates. Don't be fooled! you will be tagged with mandatory insurance fees at the counter that are anywhere from $30-$50 per day.
2) if you want to rent at the airport, Cactus rent a car is all inclusive. for $40 per day you can get a Jetta sized vehicle.
3) you can catch a shuttle which i think is around $20 per person each way to the resort. Call the resort to make arrangements
4) once at the resort you can rent a car from the onsite car rental. For $60 per day you can get a compact car. that way you only rent when you want to.
5) Wherever you rent, mark all scratches , dents and glass issues on the walkthrough document...just to CYA.
6) you can take a bus into Cabo for around $2 each way. the bus stop is across the street and a little up the road from the resort.
7) Taxis can get expensive $25-$30 each way into cabo . Minimum $5 each way to the grocery store or restaurants

this is one of our favorite resorts. Just went at the beginning of January and heading there again in May/june.
exchange rate was 21 pesos to the $ when using our no foreign exchange fee credit card. Costco accepts all cards in mexico , not just Visa.
There is also a grocery store about 6 blocks away from the resort.

Have fun

BTW if you want a free rental car, sign up for a time share spiel. hold out for at least $300 value and avoid Grand Mayan at all costs. Not for the faint of heart.....and do not buy one no matter how good it sounds. Also, if you decide to do one, don't give them any Deposit up front.

Also, also take plenty of $1 (20 pesos) bills for tip money.

#57424 - 01/12/17 05:41 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
no1coug Offline

Does anyone know who is the current activities director at Coral Baja?

#57412 - 01/04/17 03:57 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
1kodiak Offline

Loc: puyallup wash.
We just got back from C B it was great. I rented a car for two weeks from BBB car rental before we left, for two weeks it was about $600. from there with a car you can do what ever you want. enjoy

#57411 - 01/04/17 10:57 AM Questions - Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
jfair70 Offline

My husband and I are headed to Cabo in June for our anniversary. Any tips on transportation? Should we rent a car and if so, ahead of time or once we land? Any tips on things to do while we are there?

#57408 - 01/01/17 09:22 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
cliffh Offline

Loc: OREGON
I have a 28 foot fishing boat rented for March 26th 8am for cabo. I have room for one person. $100 we will take bus from resort to cabo to fish for 5 hrs... first come let me know

#57406 - 12/30/16 03:48 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
cliffh Offline

Has anyone used Titos fishing in cabo? He will pick up and take back form hotel also for a fee?

#57384 - 12/19/16 12:23 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: MonicaS]
bthorman Offline

If you look at the site map, each building has a number. That number is the "phase".

#57383 - 12/19/16 12:08 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
MonicaS Offline

Loc: California
Can someone tell me what is meant by Phase 1 and Phase 3? Do all the units in these phases face the pool and ocean? Reserved 1 bedroom deluxe and traveling with hubby, a teen-ager and pre-teen. Can anyone offer any insight on the lay-out of this specific unit? Thanks a bunch for any info.

#57300 - 11/04/16 06:08 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: JimC]
bthorman Offline

Although they accept dollars, pay in pesos and make sure you get any change back in pesos as well.

#57298 - 11/03/16 01:54 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
JimC Offline

Wife and I are headed to Coral Baja this weekend! I have two questions. First, how does the local transportation work and cost? I imagine we'll want to get to a grocery store and do to scheduled tours that may not pick up customers from the resort. Does the bus go to all tour locations? How much does it cost?

Second question kind of related, how should we pay while there? US dollars or pesos?

Once I have these two questions answered I can relax. Until then it will stress me.

Thanks for the help.

Jim

#57263 - 10/18/16 06:32 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: y3aland]
ronhowarth Offline

Loc: BC CANADA
Been there several years back Great spot Remember walking to the grocery store once you are on the roadway sidewalk to your left. I do not think too far There is a Costco but you need a car or cab.
Small town of San Jose, need cab also but worth walking around in.

#57261 - 10/17/16 08:42 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
y3aland Offline

Loc: Northern Nevada
We are heading to the Coral Baja resort in late December with our family of 6. We plan to get a cab or shuttle from the airport, but wonder about purchasing groceries and how to get them to our room at the resort.

If you have been there before with your family, how do you do it?

#57255 - 10/13/16 02:22 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: kwalsh]
1kodiak Offline

Loc: puyallup wash.
Give worldmark travel a call and set up a transfer, it is a lot cheaper!

#57254 - 10/13/16 12:41 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
kwalsh Offline

How much is the current cost for a taxi for 2 adults and 2 children (2.5 years and 9mth old) from airport to Coral Baja? Is it the same price on the way back? We would likely need a van as we have a ton of luggage.

#57208 - 09/15/16 02:31 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
Marcelino Offline

I have not seen any updates as to if there was any damage to the Coral Baja resort???
Can you update/post something????
Thanks!

#57191 - 09/07/16 01:58 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
lmoien Offline

Loc: Washington
Any news on Coral Baja from Hurricane Newton?
Is there any damage to the resort?

#57175 - 08/28/16 01:51 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: roadwarrior]
gregor Offline

You may have already received input on the resort, if not enjoy.
My wife and I were there last year and had a wonderful time. Great pool, massage across the parking lot and wonderful staff. We did not rent a car, very easy to travel by buses and taxis. We loved it so much we will be back there in September. Any questions let me know.

#57162 - 08/22/16 10:03 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
roadwarrior Offline

Is there anyone who has recently visited the Cabo or Coral reef resorts and if so what are your thoughts on these resorts.
What was there to do, how was transportation?

#57121 - 08/07/16 09:17 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Cheek]
cliffh Offline

who did you fish with?

#57057 - 07/17/16 10:58 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: DennisG]
dijonmom Offline

I'd love a copy as we are going for the first time in August dijonmom@yahoo.com

Page 3 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 20 21 >

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.