Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Page 5 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 20 21 >
Topic Options
#9977 - 04/13/04 09:03 PM Questions and Comments for Coral Baja
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Have questions regarding this resort? Want to give someone kudos for the great story they shared in their Vacation Journal or for their awesome photo album? Do it here. Title your reply "Questions - Coral Baja," "Kudos: Journal - Coral Baja," or "Kudos: Photos - Coral Baja." This will make it easy to search this thread to find the questions and answers or respective kudos. Be sure to gibe us the username for your thank you.

Best Regards,

Vacation Forum Admin

Edited by Administrator (10/03/14 11:21 AM)

#56710 - 02/24/16 06:12 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: gwtwfool]
Mouse Offline

Loc: Oregon
The front buildings face the ocean and the pool. Some have a better view of one or the other depending on their location. The back building is behind these buildings across the parking lot and main entrance. I haven't been in them but I doubt you would have a very good view of the ocean. You definitely wouldn't have a view of the pool.

#56709 - 02/24/16 05:57 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
gwtwfool Offline

Loc: Utah
When booking online, they give the option of "front" building or "back" building. What does this mean? Does one of them face the ocean and if so, which one? Thanks

#56698 - 02/19/16 10:31 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
Pstreet1 Offline

The exchange rate for dollars to pesos is extremely good right now--almost 20 pesos to each dollar. You will save quite a bit if you pay in pesos because you'll get them at the official rate and shop keepers/restaurants will probably give you only 15, 16 or 17 to the dollar.

#56694 - 02/18/16 01:00 PM Re: Currency Exchange [Re: bthorman]
1kodiak Offline

Loc: puyallup wash.
We use US green Cash!

#56693 - 02/18/16 06:52 AM Re: Currency Exchange [Re: smhyre]
bthorman Offline

Loc: San Francisco Area
I know there's at least one bank/ATM across the street. We used it last time we were down there.

#56692 - 02/17/16 09:23 PM Currency Exchange [Re: Forum Host]
smhyre Offline

Loc: Bellingham, WA
So last time we were at the Coral Baja (4 years ago) we took travelers Checks and were able to change them for peso at the front desk. Our bank no longer provides travelers checks. How are people exchanging money? Is there an ATM on site or very near by?

#56665 - 02/14/16 03:03 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
allwheeldrive Offline

Can someone tell me if the 3 bedroom penthouses hot tubs are on the rooftop like the 2 bedroom penthouses? Thank you, Cindy

#56623 - 02/01/16 01:47 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
John A Offline

I have a reservation for the 7th of February through the 14th. I can't go now do to a neck injury. Is anyone interested in this reservation? The price will be great for you. Thank you

Edited by John A (02/01/16 02:19 PM)
Edit Reason: wrong date listed

#56600 - 01/22/16 08:15 AM Re: Transportation from the Airport to Coral Baja [Re: Scorp2Scorp]
LynnS Offline

Loc: Northern California
We have used TransCabo every year for the past several years. One a couple of trips with family we have booked a private shuttle. Our experience has been 100% positive - they are always prompt and friendly. http://www.transcabo.com/

#56577 - 01/16/16 10:31 PM Transportation from the Airport to Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
Scorp2Scorp Offline

Loc: Mill Creek, WA
Has anyone used other than Translife for transportation from the Airport to the Resort? We have a group of 10 people that want to do private ride and wanted to know which company we can trust?

and is CaboBob still around?
Thanks

#56567 - 01/13/16 12:44 PM live show at mama mia restaurant [Re: Forum Host]
christopher123 Offline

Loc: Washington
I have not been to worldmark coral baja since 2002. At that time they had a live Mexican show with costumes and fire dancers. Does Mama Mia still put on shows for their guests?

#56475 - 12/03/15 11:19 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
1kodiak Offline

Loc: puyallup wash.
We are at coral Baja Now It is open and looks nice the pool hasnew red chairs The staff is pretty much the same! We miss the old bunch ! We are a little late this year . But Hi to Criss Molly Mike Tom Dee Roger and many more still here for two more weeks. We have seen Larry Vicky Tom n Step. Ron Nancy.

#56399 - 11/02/15 03:21 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
oceangirll Offline

Loc: Redmond, WA
Just returned from CB and happy to report that the work from the hurricane and the remodel (bumped up from 2016) all seem to be finished. I saw lots of photos of the damage and wish they would have shared them with everyone. They did a really nice job on the pool and bridge refinishing. The buildings all look good too. I really enjoyed the new living room furniture (long overdue!) but am a tad disappointed the couches are still uncomfortable for lounging. There are new red chairs at the pool that have a little shape to them....really nice for sitting, a bit awkward if you want to lay on your stomach.

Most of the same staff are still there. I finally saw Victor poking around the activity hut so sounds like he is back now too. When I did my owner update he told me they let the staff and their families move in while the repairs were being completed to make sure they had a roof over their head. I think that was an amazing gesture.

It was hard to tell a hurricane had wiped out the place just a year ago. Everything is pretty much back up and running.

#56370 - 10/21/15 09:24 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
corinerush Offline

Was wondering if anyone has a preference, Hawaii, or Cabo? Worried about enough to do in Cabo with our two boys 13 and 10. We have done Hawaii 3 times and loved it. Kihei and kappa. We would like to try something different, but concerned about being in a foreign country and we love to play in the ocean. I hear there are not many swimable beaches in Cabo. What are any ones views?

#56313 - 09/26/15 07:25 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: oceangirll]
DennisG Offline

Loc: Olympia, WA
I have a friend that just returned - said they are 99% done - had a soft opening while they were staying.

Here is a link to a couple of photos taken last week

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=f1560c2e23ee5c35&id=F1560C2E23EE5C35!3417&authkey=!AIRZeP1OqV7NQ78

Cheers,

Dennis

#56251 - 09/06/15 10:40 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
melodymarbach Offline

Loc: Canada
Anyone interested in fishing from San Jose over Christmas?

#56239 - 09/03/15 08:49 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: oceangirll]
Trevors2 Offline

Loc: Brentwood, CA
We are heading down Sept 20th. I call Coral Baja directly and they said if we have a reservation than they are ready. They were still working on some small things. I also called worldmark and they also said if we have not been contacted then they are ready for us.
I will post once we get down there.
I like others have been disappointed in the lack of updates. We having been going for 10 yrs.

#56220 - 08/24/15 10:56 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
oceangirll Offline

Loc: Redmond, WA
Has anyone stayed since the resort reopened? I'd be interested in updates! I have a reservation in late October.

#55775 - 04/07/15 03:57 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: jodinwash]
ruddm Offline

It still isn't opened. We were in Cabo last week (sadly not at the Coral Baja) and stopped by to see the progress. Mama Mia was open for business, so we sat and had lunch. Construction was in full swing they were VERY busy! Building 1 was looking really good from the outside and was most certainly the closes to completion. There were many construction crew members working in it, but the work being done was on the inside. Seemed as though it was finishing touches kind of work (from what I could tell). Building 2 still needed quite a bit of work (a lot of doors and sliders still not installed). While we were eating they were installing the finishing touches on the pool (handrails, etc.) and it looked ready to go.

#55732 - 03/22/15 02:43 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
jodinwash Offline

So excited to stay at Coral baja after last year was cancelled due to the Hurricanes!
My question is why is there no pictures at all of progress? How is it looking? Anyone stayed there yet? HELP!!!

#55727 - 03/20/15 01:51 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Ken_from_NCalif]
Danica4 Offline

Thanks so much for posting an update. Nice to hear from someone who visited.

#55709 - 03/14/15 08:23 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
Ken_from_NCalif Offline

Hi,
We were just in Cabo Feb 21-28, we had originally had 2 weeks planned at Worldmark but of course
we had to cancel those. We stayed at another resort in Cabo San Lucas. We stopped by the worldmark
resort on the 21st to see how it was doing. It was pretty obvious the resort had taken a beating from
the hurricane, there were workers all over the resort fixing, repairing, painting, etc. We talked to an
employee there who advised they were hopeful they might be able to open up one of the buildings by
June....but wasn't sure how worldmark was going to handle the re opening, whether they would wait until
all was ready to open or not. The employees were hoping of course to get at least 1 building open so they could start seeing owners again. We were told by other people in the area that normally the San Jose to Cabo area had over 13,000 rental units available, but do to the hurricane were now down to just
over 7,000 units. So sad for the people in the area, who are working hard to get things back to "normal"
again. Cabo San Lucas seemed to be doing a lot better then the corridor, and San Jose. We enjoyed our
week, but look forward to our return next year at Worldmark Cabo, we have 2 weeks scheduled, and 1 week in Cabo for next February. We have been going here for 20 years, the locals are working hard to get
everything back in order, but time and supplies are a big part of the equation there.

#55702 - 03/11/15 09:13 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: jgmackay]
GBaumann59 Offline

As owners of the resorts, its unfortunate that the Board treats us with such little respect. Is it to much to ask that they post updates concerning the progress and a few photos. All the other resorts in the area up and running, but the Boards only excuse is budget constraints, when they do have reserves to handle situations like this. I have a 2 bedroom penthouse reserved for July, fortunately I held off purchasing airline tickets because of this situation.

#55695 - 03/08/15 08:03 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Mouse]
jgmackay Offline

Loc: Washington State
Mouse,

I think you should write to WM head office basically describing what you have gone through. It wouldn't surprise me if they compensate you in some form or another. It's worth a try... I hope they open Coral by August of this year since I have a very large gathering of friends and family there myself.

#55651 - 02/21/15 10:05 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Bellgirl]
Mouse Offline

Loc: Oregon
We also had, emphasis on HAD, reservations for June 14-20. We will be cancelling those reservations. We have spent the last 3 days going rounds with WM Owner Services and Owner Care (which is where they transferred us to when they couldn't help us at the regular number. Two people from our party called and my parents called regarding a different reservation for later in the year. All of us got different information. One person said it will open mid-June. Another person said no, not until the end of summer. One said they would open individual units as they were completed, another said no they won't open until the entire resort is done. Today a gentleman, who was very helpful and sympathetic to our situation, said he doesn't trust anything coming from Coral Baja as they get different information from the resort itself.

Here is our issue with our trip. We already purchased our plane tickets. Some airlines are waiving the transfer/change fee for owners in our situation with a letter from WM explaining that they are not open so we can't stay there. American Airlines will not do that for us. We would have had to change our tickets prior to November 1st. It will cost us $1,000 in change fees if we go to a different resort. They, AA, were not pleasant about it at all. So.... in lieu of paying them any more money we are canceling our WM time and renting a different condo for our week. It is still costing us $2,000 for the week but atleast I'm not giving it to American Airlines. This is out of pocket money we should not have to be paying!

Here is my issue with how WM is handling the situation. If you go online to vacation planning right now you can reserve units for that week. As a matter of fact, you can reserve units for March!! I don't know if the reservation would actually complete if you went through the process, but it shows units available beginning next week. When I talked to Owner Care today he said he could book me a unit June 14th, the same day we are scheduled to arrive. THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW WHEN THEY WILL OPEN!! I understand that WM wants to have a full resort the moment they are ready to open, but they are doing it at OUR cost. Owners will book and they buy plane tickets they won't need and they might not get their money back. We had already purchased our tickets back in October when we thought they were going to open in April. We called in December, January and February. Each time they told us to call back in a month when they would know more. Who knew that it would still be closed by the time our reservation came around! They should not be taking reservations until they KNOW when it will be ready. They are creating situations for other owners who will be in our position!

This has been such a hassle it almost ruined our 20th wedding anniversary trip. It's difficult to look forward to it knowing how much more money it's costing. I had planned on buying more credits this year. That will not be happening now. That down payment money is being used to rent a different condo. This is the first time we have ever been unhappy with our time share.

#55553 - 01/29/15 10:29 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Cindy Shepherd]
Pstreet1 Offline

Originally Posted By: Cindy Shepherd
We are going to San Jose del Cabo in February, and I wonder what is the current situation with insurance on rental cars. Is liability insurance required by the rental companies? I don't see any requirement on their websites. Last April, it was required and cost 3 x as much as the car.

Liability insurance is required by Mexican law; they won't let you drive the car off the lot without it, and your only choice is to buy it from the car rental company. It should be $10.00-$15.00 a day (depends on your rental company). The liability insurance does not cover the vehicle itself; it covers damage you do to others or their property, and that's the insurance the Mexican government and police care about.

If you want to cut the total cost, check the insurance (call customer service for international) that your credit card provides. They will cover the insurance on the vehicle itself, and there is no charge for that insurance. The advantage to using your credit card insurance is you have a big company behind you if there is a problem and there is no cost to you. The advantage to purchasing from the rental agency in Mexico is they are right there, on site, and will handle any problems immediately--but of course, it costs money.

#55539 - 01/25/15 11:31 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: jgmackay]
Bellgirl Offline

Loc: California
I have spoken to Owner Services and they told me that they do not expect the resort to be fully ready until middle of the summer. They will open up rooms as they become available, however that is not expected to occur until approx June 19th. My reservation starts on the 13th, so unfortunately unless something changes quickly we will not be going to Cabo. We love this resort and look forward to spending time there once everything is complete.

#55528 - 01/21/15 09:08 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
jgmackay Offline

I just saw this tonight concerning Coral Baja. Looks like the May opening is going to get scrapped for a "early summer" reopening. I found this on the opening page under "Resort Report": On Sept. 14, 2014, Mexico’s Baja California Peninsula was hit by Hurricane Odile — severely impacting the WorldMark Coral Baja resort and the surrounding area. There was extensive damage to both the interior and exterior of the resort, as well as significant damage to the exterior amenities, most notably the pool area and cabana, which required major refurbishment.

These damages require extensive repair work to be done in many areas of the resort before it is fit to receive guests. In addition to replacing the majority of the sheet rock, the Resort Renovation & Design team is currently working on repairs to the roof, painting the interior and exterior of the resort, resurfacing the pool, repairs and upgrades to the electrical system, and replacing the furniture, fixtures and other interior equipment in each of the units.

Due to the current state of the resort, WorldMark Coral Baja will remain closed through early summer 2015. As the renovation progresses, a very limited number of units may become available to use earlier than originally anticipated. In the coming weeks, Owner Care will proactively contact owners with reservations, as we may be able to accommodate a limited number of guests while renovations are taking place.

As the property is being repaired and restored, we encourage you to stay tuned to your owner website for the most up-to-date information.

Edited by jgmackay (01/21/15 09:11 PM)

#55489 - 01/05/15 10:30 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: mukanddave]
jgmackay Offline

I just looked and the "1 bedroom deluxe ground floor" is available in January 2016

Edited by jgmackay (01/05/15 10:32 PM)

#55471 - 12/29/14 11:06 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
mukanddave Offline

Loc: Leavenworth, Wa
Beginning Jan. 2016 at Coral baja, the ground floor designation has been discontinued. Please administer, tell us why.
I sure hope you did not rent them outside Worldmark.

Page 5 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 20 21 >

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.