Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Topic Options
#27744 - 06/12/07 11:01 AM Questions and Comments for West Yellowstone
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Have a questions regarding this resort? Want to give someone kudos for the great story they shared in their Vacation Journal or for their awesome photo album? Do it here. Title your reply "Questions - West Yellowstone", "Kudos; Journal - West Yellostone", or "Kudos; Photos - West Yellowstone". This will make it easy to search this thread to find the questions and answers or the respective kudos. Be sure to give us the username for your thank you.

#54466 - 04/07/14 12:42 PM Re: Questions and Comments for West Yellowstone [Re: ]
allenke Offline

Loc: Oregon
Adult Only Swim Time Going Away

For those interested in keeping an Adult Only Swim time for the first and last hour at our Worldmark Resorts, please email the Board members letting them know you would like to keep it. Apparently it has been decided that this is to be removed at all resorts. It has not been implemented yet, so now is the time to let them know if you would like to keep it.

My wife has a bad back and really appreciates having the 1st hour of the day for Adult only as she uses the pool almost every day for her back problems. She was kicked accidentally by a kid in one of the Worldmark pools resulting in needing to have back surgery.

Families with kids have the majority of the day to utilize the pool. It is not unreasonable to have 1 hour in the morning for Adult Only.

Ken

#49543 - 01/29/13 02:29 PM Re: Questions and Comments for West Yellowstone [Re: sludick]
benyu2010 Offline

The strength of Wi-Fi signal might not be excellent at every spot of your room. In contrary, you can hook up your wireless router with iBridge, and get unlimited number of devices connected to an excellent signal.

just my two cents,

Ben

#49465 - 01/20/13 04:45 PM Re: Questions and Comments for West Yellowstone [Re: ]
sludick Offline

A note about internet access:

As of about 2 months ago, you no longer need that funky old internet connection equipment here at West Yellowstone; they've gone wireless. Still a charge, but this is great news nevertheless. I was dumbfounded when Worldmark finally put in internet access but went with that clunky, outdated solution.

Hopefully, this is being rolled out to all other resorts.

Edited by sludick (01/20/13 04:45 PM)

#48012 - 06/13/12 03:44 PM Re: Worldmark rentals [Re: ]
PattyB Offline

Loc: Oregon
Look at Credit Rentals at the very bottom of this forum. That is where you want to post.

#47988 - 06/07/12 03:37 PM Re: Worldmark rentals [Re: oldcoach]
get_the_drift Offline

Loc: Utah
Thanks for your comments Coach....I agree. We usually make our plans work; having said that, we are trying to do a honeymoon. One of the things our 3 boys have always known we would do for them.

Its one thing for members to be using resorts, but another when it is those who have not made the sacrifice to buy credits, pay dues etc. The economy is tough for everyone...hence our need to send our son on his honeymoon, even though it will not be where he would like to go.

Hopefully this is an issue that can be picked up by others, instead of tossing the voting card, ask a few questions...

Thanks again

#47985 - 06/07/12 07:45 AM Re: Worldmark rentals [Re: get_the_drift]
oldcoach Offline

Drift- I absolutely agree with your posiition. While a huge part of the draw to Worldmark is the option to do pretty-much whatever you want to with your points, I personally would love to see some sort of limits on an Owner's ability to sell their "usages" to non-Owners, for money. Maybe someting along the lines of a by-law change LIMITING the number of times that an Owner can have a unit booked in their name but not actually BE THERE (vs anyone they have sold the unit to). I also think a by-law change along these lines would have a quick and dramatic effect in "opening-up" availability to us as OWNERS, especially in the "nicer", or more desirable, or in the higher-demand seasons. Like the ones you (and we all) are looking for--- you know, and maybe even some of the ones that are NEVER (I repeat, NEVER) available. I'm pretty confident this (selling-off and make money process) wasn't the vision of the Worldmark "forefathers", and will never be mentioned in any Wyndham sales pitch to prospective new WM Owners. And remember-- they are still sellin' points folks, just NOT building any new resorts. Hmmmm. Just my opinions......... the Ol' Coach.

Edited by oldcoach (06/07/12 07:56 AM)

#47983 - 06/07/12 12:45 AM Re: Worldmark rentals [Re: farmercr]
get_the_drift Offline

We are looking for YEllowstone for a honeymoon Sept. 15-18 2012 in the Presidential if possible... nothing is open at all...

It makes me sad to think others can put it on craigslist or other sites. Is that why you have to book 13 monthes ahead to get the resort and size you want.... Others book that far in advance just to sell it....

Isn't part of ownership knowing that we all take care of the properties as our own...

That is really annoying....

#47903 - 05/28/12 11:39 AM Worldmark rentals [Re: ]
farmercr Offline

I was surprised to see on Craigslist West Yellowstone that people had WM studios, 2-bedrooms and 3-bedrooms for rent during the high season. I didn't know you could rent out your WM timeshare but I guess you can.

#47891 - 05/26/12 07:03 PM Re: Questions and Comments for West Yellowstone [Re: ]
mtnmom Offline

Loc: CA
My husband and I are going to West Yellowstone in September for a week. Neither one of us have ever been there and are looking forward to visiting YNP and Grand Teton National Park as well.

We are planning on driving to GTNP after our week in Yellowstone, seeing the sights, spend the night, then head home the next day. My question is does anyone have any suggestions for a place to stay in the Jackson area that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? We don't want to pay $600 for a night at the Four Seasons, but don't want Motel 6 either. Just a nice, clean place for $150-$175 a night if possible. Has anyone stayed at the Togwotee Mountain Lodge in Moran? It looks nice from the pictures on the internet and the price is right, but you never know what you are really getting from pictures.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and advice.

Visited: Angels Camp, San Francisco, Fiji (awesome!!) Cabo, Kona, Lake Tahoe, Estes Park, Windsor, St. George, Camlin, Victoria, West Yellowstone (2012)

#47728 - 05/03/12 09:52 AM Re: Questions and Comments for West Yellowstone [Re: ]
wikiwiki Offline

Loc: WA
We are so excited for our trip next month, especially after seeing mtngal's pictures linked in the photo album section! Amazing shots!
We have one night on each end of our trip at the WM in Coeur d'Alene (to break up the long drive), with a full 7 nights at West Yellowstone sandwiched in between. We also want to see the sites in the Grand Teton National Park and maybe Jackson Hole while we're there. For those familiar with the area, do you think 2 days will be fine for that, or maybe 3? (I realize it's somewhat of a long drive south, especially in summer.) Also, we'd like to either kayak, gentle raft, or horseback ride while in Yellowstone, so I'd appreciate any recommendations for companies to go through that are good, and reasonably priced. Thanks for any info! smile

#46746 - 11/21/11 05:09 PM Re: Questions and Comments for West Yellowstone [Re: ]
runningblonde Offline

Loc: Idaho
we stayed at the West Yellowstone Resort last year at Christmas time. We loved the room and the amenities. The pool area is big and we loved going to sit and relax in the hot tub. My husband acutally got sick and it was great to just relax in our room and read, eat and get away from the hectic world outside of the resort. It snowed and snowed and it was just so nice to see the beauty of a winter wonderland in West Yellowstone. I have a week planned for Christmas this year and I am looking forward to the get away in a wintery paradise.

#46614 - 10/22/11 12:14 PM Re: Questions and Comments for West Yellowstone [Re: ]
Boiseans Offline

Does anyone have any information about the Studio Special Needs. We will be coming with someone who needs to have a roll in shower and a bed that a wheel chair can roll up to. How accommodating are they. Also room enough that he can move around in his electric wheel chair.

I know that they only sleep 2. We are primarily looking for this individual.

We so appreciate the several resorts that have rollin showers. They are a blessing.

---------
Seattle(5), Las Vegas, Seaside, Depoe Bay, Gleneden, Eagle Crest, McCall, St. George, LOTO, Branson, West Yellowstone; Birch Bay, Whistler, Clear Lake, San Diego

#46037 - 08/09/11 06:13 PM Re: Questions and Comments for West Yellowstone [Re: ]
kh31 Offline

We returned from the West Yellowstone resort just over a week ago. It gets mixed reviews from us. It's very conveniently located, within walking distance to shopping, the Wolf and Grizzly Center, restaurants, the IMAX theatre, etc. It's just a couple minutes away from the west entrance to the Park. Just being at/in Yellowstone makes it worthwhile, but this resort is probably the worst or second worst we've stayed in and we've stayed in quite a few. The rooms are smaller than any other resort we've stayed in, especially the living room and kitchen areas. The biggest downer is that there is NO AIR CONDITIONING! Did someone forget to tell them that this resort is in Montana?? It was very hard to get to sleep a couple of the nights we were there in late July because it was so hot! On one of the cooler mornings, we wanted to light the fireplace and it wouldn't start. We would go back, just because we love Yellowstone so much but this resort gets a 6 on a scale of 1-10 for us.

#46013 - 08/08/11 11:06 AM Re: Questions and Comments for West Yellowstone [Re: ]
Jack and Jo Offline

Loc: Washington
We found a chart at the Canyon visitor center being filled out by visitors about where they see the animals during their visit. It would be nice if the resort had something like this in the lobby. We always wanted to know where we could see animals when we left each day and a chart like this would be helpful to those not staying in the area long. Even without this knowledge we saw almost every animal to see within the park on our drives. We did not spend much time in the resort but our stay was pleasant when we were there. We saw many changes to the park areas since our last visit in 1988. A ranger explained to us that this super volcano area changes from year to year and has many earthquakes that can’t be felt. It is impressive to see the changes in the ground and from the previous fires (which adds to the atmosphere of the park). Our Verizon cell phone service went in and out while driving around the park. There was always service at the resort.We were listed on the wait list for this resort. We started out with one night in two rooms in November and built it up to six nights for two rooms by June. If you are patient you can work with the reservation agent and maybe eventually get what you try for.

#45227 - 05/23/11 06:48 AM Re: Questions and Comments for West Yellowstone [Re: scottydot]
JeffandKim Offline

No atv's in the park, but there is spectacular trails all around the area all the way up to Island Park.

#45223 - 05/22/11 12:25 PM Re: Questions and Comments for West Yellowstone [Re: ]
scottydot Offline

I have a reservation for late August. My adult kids will be joining us there. They have ATVs. Are these allowed in Yellowstone?
I'm really looking forward to this trip! Never been to Yellowstone.

#45196 - 05/16/11 08:09 AM Re: Questions and Comments for West Yellowstone [Re: Aarbee]
Aarbee Offline

I'll answer my own question in case there are other people traveling there this week. I called the resort and all roads are open in the park except from Canyon to Tower. All moutain passes leaving the park are open.

Edited by Aarbee (05/16/11 08:10 AM)

#45178 - 05/12/11 09:06 PM Re: Questions and Comments for West Yellowstone [Re: ]
Aarbee Offline

Has anyone been there recently? We are arriving next week on the 19th. We are planning on coming down #89 from Livingston, Mt. and come in the North entrance. I'm wondering how the roads are. We just have a front wheel drive car. It sounds like there is still a lot more snow than usual in the mountains.
Any information would be helpful.
Thanks

#45019 - 04/22/11 05:13 PM Questions for West Yellowstone [Re: ]
clementine Offline

the recommended airport for W Yellowtone is Bozeman
we are flying onto West Yellowstone airport the last week of August 2011 ... why isn't this listed as a preferred airport

#44990 - 04/19/11 03:56 PM Re: Questions and Comments for West Yellowstone [Re: cathydb]
marknjo Offline

The 2 bedroom choices are split out by type of bed in the second bedroom. On the website it will say 2 bedroom queen. That unit will have a queen bed in the second bedroom. If you want 2 twin beds, select the option that says 2 bedroom Twin.

You make these selections on the 3rd part of the drop down menus below, region and resort. That part which is is labeled #1 should read: Region Montana (or Mountain)
Resort W. Yellowstone
unit type 2 Bedroom Twin

If you are using the other search method- standard search - it will show you in a separate box each of the types of rooms available. Just choose the one named 2 bedroom Twin.

W. Yellowstone is a nice resort in a very convient and scenic location.

Hope this helps

#44988 - 04/19/11 02:59 PM Re: Questions and Comments for West Yellowstone [Re: ]
cathydb Offline

Loc: Southern California
Please describe the two bedroom choices for West Yellowstone or direct me to where I can find the answer. What I need is how to select the second bedroom to have twin beds. I am not too familiar with the Worldmark website.

Thank you in advance!

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.