Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Page 12 of 21 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 20 21 >
Topic Options
#9977 - 04/13/04 09:03 PM Questions and Comments for Coral Baja
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Have questions regarding this resort? Want to give someone kudos for the great story they shared in their Vacation Journal or for their awesome photo album? Do it here. Title your reply "Questions - Coral Baja," "Kudos: Journal - Coral Baja," or "Kudos: Photos - Coral Baja." This will make it easy to search this thread to find the questions and answers or respective kudos. Be sure to gibe us the username for your thank you.

Best Regards,

Vacation Forum Admin

Edited by Administrator (10/03/14 11:21 AM)

#49735 - 02/27/13 07:57 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
Mexicodiver27 Offline

Loc: Suburb of Denver
Oops i meant 3/17/13 not 2/17

#49734 - 02/27/13 07:54 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
Mexicodiver27 Offline

Loc: Suburb of Denver
Hey Dennis, Anything new to add to your travel doc? We are heading down on Feb 17th for our second time at CB and 4th to Cabo. I enjoy reading your posts and your document. Scott

#49727 - 02/26/13 03:32 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
dcooper Offline

Do the 2 bedroom units here have a TV in the 2nd bedroom?

#49720 - 02/25/13 07:07 PM Re: Wyndhams Ocean Ridge on Edisto Island, South Carolina [Re: Chari]
jcharles Offline

[b][/b]I have not stayed at the Wyndham Ocean Ridge, but I have stayed at several Wyndham resorts. Of course each resort can be different, but we've found the Wyndham resorts are on par or slightly nicer than WorldMark resorts.

#49709 - 02/24/13 02:22 PM Wyndhams Ocean Ridge on Edisto Island, South Carolina [Re: ]
Chari Offline

Has anyone stayed within the last year at the Ocean Ridge resort on Edisto,Island,S.Carolina? We will be going there soon, and would just like to have an idea of what the resort is like. Generally stay at a WorldMark Resort,so would apprecite hearing from those of you, who have stayed at a Wyndham resort. I will post an opionion of this resort when we return. Thank so much, Chari

#49694 - 02/20/13 03:40 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: shelbe10]
bthorman Offline

Loc: San Francisco Area
Is the market on Saturday and Sunday?

#49677 - 02/17/13 06:17 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: readytogo]
bthorman Offline

That would be great. I haven't heard back from Shelly. If you want to email me, I can give you my cell so you can text or call me.

elizabeth.thorman@gmail.com

#49676 - 02/17/13 04:01 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
readytogo Offline

Loc: Delta BC
Shelly and Beth, we will be down there Mar 6-15. Mind if we join you?

#49636 - 02/12/13 08:10 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
Pstreet1 Offline

Just checking----my replies aren't posting.

#49635 - 02/12/13 08:09 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: wilcoxens]
Pstreet1 Offline

You might want to rethink the car. We've always rented a small car for less than $150.00 for the week (letting the credit card company cover the insurance on the vehicle itself). By the time you factor in the cost of the shuttle/taxi to and from the resort, the car doesn't cost much at all. Driving is easy--4 lanes, divided highway--and you have the convenience of being able to go where you want whenever you want. If you want to go to Todos Santos (which I recommend), you can. If you want to go to the glass factory, you can. If you want to go to a quiet private beach, you can.

ATM/VISA There are ATM's everywhere; it's easy to get money, and the machines dispense pesos or dollars. Some people have reported having their credit cards compromised after using them in Cabo, so that's something to consider. Traveler's Checks have become sort of out of date. the resort and banks will take them; most other places will look at them funny, and may not accept them.

Cabo is fun; you're going to enjoy yourselves. You should look on the TripAdvisor forums for tons of information from people who either live in Cabo full time or go there 3 or 4 times a year. They have the absolute best restaurant lists, etc. http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g150773-i83-Los_Cabos_Baja_California.html

#49630 - 02/10/13 12:05 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: shelbe10]
bthorman Offline

That would be great. When will you be down there? The only thing we have planned right now is a cooking class at one of the local farms (Huerta Los Tamarindos) on Saturday.

#49628 - 02/10/13 05:58 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: bthorman]
shelbe10 Offline

Loc: British Columbia
Originally Posted By: bthorman
We'll be there from March 5 - 12. Have you ever been there during the festival? Are there a lot of things to do and see?

Beth,

I have been to Cabo At least 5 times during the Festival. Last year it was much smaller and was relocated,to the road in behind the Tropicana restaurant. It used to be set up on the Main Street in downtown San Jose del Cabo. There is food stands, art work, trinkets, etc to look through. Carnival rides are set up and there is the rodeo to take in. There are different Mexican entertainers on the main stage every night during the festival. It is fun to do at least once, just a warning though it is VERY LOUD, lol. Bring some ear protection! If driving, go early, last year the traffic jam was crazy during show times.

A couple of my personal favorite things to check out aside from the festival is the Organico Market on the weekend. (It is a great place to get some inexpensive food for lunch or to take home for dinner. They have local fresh produce, fresh fish, art, crafts, jewellry and entertainment. I go every week. love it!) and check out the Artwalk on Thursday nights downtown.

if interested we can meet up around the pool and chat more.

Shelley

#49622 - 02/08/13 04:08 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
Rguitar Offline

I have an 8 night stay at the Coral Baja resort for a 2 bedroom Penthouse June 24 through July 2nd and I will not be able to go & I am looking for somebody that would be interested in working out a deal with me and taking over the 8 night stay. This room & resort looks amazing. I'm bummed that I won't be able to make the trip, but hoping I can work out a deal with a fellow Worldmark owner. I had to book this room 13 months in advance. It has 2 king size beds & a private hot tub on the deck overlooking the ocean.
Please contact me at rguitar@charter.net to discuss further details.
I hope I am posting this in the appropiate section. If I am not, I would sure appreciate any advice.
I do not really want to sell it on e-bay or Craigslist.
I need to find somebody in the next few weeks to take over this Coral Baja vacation or I will need to cancel it and re-book a different vacation that I will be able to use.

#49600 - 02/07/13 03:49 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: wilcoxens]
Pstreet1 Offline

You might want to rethink the car. We've always rented for less than $150.00 for a week (smallest car). When you consider the price of getting to and from the resort plus a trip or two into town or to the glass blowing factory, etc., the car is pretty cheap--provided, of course, that you let the insurance provided by your credit card company cover the vehicle itself. The only other insurance you need is 3rd party liability, which you must get from the rental company, and it's about $10.00 a day (Avis includes the 3rd party liability in the rate they quote and I think Hertz does also; for others, add $10.00 a day to the quoted rate.)

There is a lot to see/do in the area and having your own car makes it much more likely you'll get "out and about."

ATM machines are very easy to find. Visa/Mastercard are widely accepted, but a lot of people complain about their credit card numbers being "borrowed" after a trip to Cabo. We like the security of using an ATM (they give out either dollars or pesos) and just using cash when we're out. It's been our experience that Travelers' Checks are no longer much of an alternative; anyplace other than a bank or the resort will either not take them or look at them oddly and hesitate.

March is a good time to be there. The whales seem to be late this year, so you may find them still "in residence." In any case, you're going to have a great time!

#49571 - 02/02/13 07:44 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
DennisG Offline

Loc: Olympia, WA
Does anyone know if the resort has egg crate toppers for the beds? I have been going to WMCB for over 10 years and if there is one thing we have a hard time dealing with is the beds are so hard.

#49570 - 02/02/13 07:42 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: galej1]
DennisG Offline

Originally Posted By: galej1
Unfortunately you cannot swim in the ocean at resort. Dangerous riptide signs posted, so no one goes in water! Book thru RCI and go to a unit where Ocean swimming is safe.

I agree and will add that the septic system drain field is located under the volleyball court; think about what is going into the sea in front of most of the resorts.... stick to the pool.

#49555 - 01/30/13 03:27 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Zechenia]
galej1 Offline

Unfortunately you cannot swim in the ocean at resort. Dangerous riptide signs posted, so no one goes in water! Book thru RCI and go to a unit where Ocean swimming is safe.

#49554 - 01/30/13 03:24 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Ladyshay]
galej1 Offline

Just use the bus. It's right there at the street! I'm 74 yrs. old and used bus to go grocery shopping at Wal Mart and to downtown to look around. It was fun and quite an experience. Don't bother with expense of car. Sitting around relaxing, playing Bingo in the pool during Happy Hour, etc was just so fun and relaxing! Have a terrific time!

#49545 - 01/29/13 06:10 PM Re: Restaurant and transportation [Re: grantw7]
DennisG Offline

Hello everyone!

Denbo here. I have posted a number of threads on this forum and am happy to share with you a travel document that my wife Tami and I have put together over the past years from our trips to Cabo. We are heading back to WM CB next Sunday for a week and we are so looking forward to it. We go once or twice a year. As we often do we augment our stay with an all inclusive stay and this year we are doing it before we come to WM; a few nights in Cabo and I will let you know how it goes.

Looking forward to the trip.

Dennis

#49497 - 01/23/13 11:46 AM Re: Restaurant and transportation [Re: grantw7]
grantw7 Offline

Loc: Squamish, BC, Canada
Currently at Coral Baja and just a few things to mention after my first few days here.
I prebooked a shuttle from the airport with Transbaja/Transcobo (2 people, both ways). I could not have been happier. While most outside the airport were in white, their staff were in bright orange and there were several of them. After checking in with their leader I was given a voucher for the return trip (with the time they would pick me up). We drove in a fairly new van with 2 other couples. No issues with the company. Just remember to IGNORE the large amount of people in the room just after clearing customs and take the door to your right IMMEDIATELY. They will ask to help you - ignore them!

The front desk was offering an exchange rate of 11.5 for US/CDN. I found a bank a block away (Actinver – Mall with Applebees and just past Nextel) that exchanged my CDN for 12.25 (US would have been 12.90). I saved much $ for my $300 cash. The teller gave me a # to make it easier next time as she now had all my passport details. The bank next to Applebees will not deal with non-members.

Just had lunch at Sardina Cantina to the left of the entrance to the resort. Highly recommend it.

#49495 - 01/23/13 11:36 AM Re: Restaurant and transportation [Re: jbcoug]
grantw7 Offline

Loc: Squamish, BC, Canada
Yes, I was wrong & John is right. Sorry

#49482 - 01/22/13 04:49 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: corryjamez]
jbcoug Offline

Loc: Vancouver WA
Corryjamez,

In the one bedroom, you must access the bathroom from the bedroom. The one bedroom deluxe is a shade larger and has an entry to the bath from the bedroom and the hall. This allows for entry into the bath without going through the bedroom if the master and the murphy bed are used. We used one of the deluxe units for our honeymoon ten years ago. Some nights we slept on the murphy bed in the living room, with the slider open, just to hear the waves. For one couple, either unit would be fine. I would prefer either to a studio though for a honeymoon.

John

#49474 - 01/21/13 08:51 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Zechenia]
corryjamez Offline

just in case u havent gotten a responce
to to hawaii
best beaches and tourist to do stuff
any island

#49473 - 01/21/13 08:30 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
corryjamez Offline

im trying to send my niece and sooontobe nephew in_law for their honeymoon in july whats the diffrence between a one bedrooom and a one bedroom deluxe...does anyone know?? and how small is the studio?
ive only been to two of the resorts in vegas..one i like and one not so much

#49456 - 01/19/13 07:55 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: BretaB]
bthorman Offline

HAVOC the musician?

#49451 - 01/18/13 06:35 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: bthorman]
BretaB Offline

Loc: NW corner Washington State
Beth: There will be a huge group of Coral Baja crazies during your time there, just watch out for HAVOC

#49450 - 01/18/13 06:33 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: shelbe10]
BretaB Offline

Loc: NW corner Washington State
Hey Shelly, we won't be there in 2013, hope your group has a great time

#49440 - 01/18/13 05:11 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: shelbe10]
bthorman Offline

We'll be there from March 5 - 12. Have you ever been there during the festival? Are there a lot of things to do and see?

#49438 - 01/17/13 06:30 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: ]
shelbe10 Offline

Loc: British Columbia
Heading back to Coral Baja on March 3 until April 9. Anyone want to grab some drinks and chat by the pool?

#49384 - 01/12/13 02:06 PM Re: Restaurant and transportation [Re: grantw7]
jbcoug Offline

Loc: Vancouver WA

"Over 80% of the 2 bedrooms are in the back building as it is 2 bedroom only so if you booked a 2 bedroom expect to be back there."

This is not accurate. You will only be in the back building IF you reserve a 2 bedroom, back building. This is a separate reservation category.

John

Page 12 of 21 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 20 21 >

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.