Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Page 4 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21 >
Topic Options
#9977 - 04/13/04 09:03 PM Questions and Comments for Coral Baja
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Have questions regarding this resort? Want to give someone kudos for the great story they shared in their Vacation Journal or for their awesome photo album? Do it here. Title your reply "Questions - Coral Baja," "Kudos: Journal - Coral Baja," or "Kudos: Photos - Coral Baja." This will make it easy to search this thread to find the questions and answers or respective kudos. Be sure to gibe us the username for your thank you.

Best Regards,

Vacation Forum Admin

Edited by Administrator (10/03/14 11:21 AM)

#56996 - 06/28/16 07:01 AM Re: Credits for sale [Re: MandDee0915]
Andromedag Offline

If you are looking to buy more vacation credits, check out Timeshare Angels. My parents as well as my in-laws purchased credits through them for 1/4 of the price.

#56995 - 06/27/16 06:16 PM Re: Credits for sale [Re: thekcoles]
MandDee0915 Offline

thecoles- how much are you asking for your credits

#56983 - 06/20/16 08:26 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
ingridleal27 Offline

My family and I are going to Coral Baja last 2 weeks of July for 10 days and we are debating if we should rent a car. We plan to do a few excursions which we are needing advise where to book these as well. Can someone please let me know if we should rent a car and also if you can recommend who and where to go to book excursions? Thank you!

#56973 - 06/14/16 10:02 AM Credits for sale [Re: Forum Host]
thekcoles Offline

I have 6000 annual credits for sale.

Please contact me and make me an offer at thekcoles@yahoo.com.

Kevin

#56955 - 06/01/16 04:31 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
azulmarino Offline

We are planning a trip to Coral Baja , we will like to reserve an unit on the top floor with capacity for 4 , and ocean view. Anybody can give some input about which units will be best??
Please ...I will appreciate your help very much!!

#56952 - 05/31/16 02:21 PM Internet options at Coral Baja? [Re: Forum Host]
DrCodes Offline

Hello,
We will be traveling to Coral Baja in June for the first time since 2004. Can't wait! I am self employed and ultimately end up having to do a bit of work here and there when I travel. Does anyone know what are my options for not outrageously expensive high speed internet access while in Mexico? Ultimately would prefer to purchase my own access plan rather than hopping on the resort's network if it's feasible, for privacy's sake. Will be checking with my phone provider too but thought there might be a cheaper local option.
Many thanks, any info is appreciated!

#56942 - 05/27/16 10:23 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: tinafj]
satocat Offline

We have stayed in Phase 2 which is the furthest from the ocean, close to the road. Not much of a view but you have a private hot tub on your deck which is so worth it! We had no road noise issues. Going back next month and we have requested Phase 2 again.

#56940 - 05/26/16 10:35 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Cheek]
satocat Offline

We will be arriving June 4th as well! I read on trip advisor that it is better to rent a car at the resort, especially if you are not sure if you need one. Our last visit there was for 10 days and we never needed a car as we used public transportation or a cab.

#56936 - 05/25/16 11:05 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: tinafj]
luvthesun Offline

Loc: Washington
Originally Posted By: tinafj
Hi- we have to CB many times since our honeymoon in 1999, but today when I booked, I saw Phase 1, 2, 3. I understand what the back building is, but can someone clarify these three phases? And which one I want to be in?

Thank you!

I have stayed in phases 1 and 3. I was happy in both, but keep in mind if you are not on one of the upper levels in building 3 you might end up with a view of the restaurant. Hope this helps.

#56933 - 05/24/16 10:57 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: vfamily]
Cheek Offline

Loc: CA
My brother and I will be fishing and have never chartered before. We will be there between 6/4 and 6/11. Will you be there during that time? If so maybe we can meet up for a fishing trip.
thanks, Cheek

#56915 - 05/21/16 06:31 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: tinafj]
bthorman Offline

Loc: San Francisco Area
The Phase numbers refer to the building numbers.

#56911 - 05/20/16 11:10 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Cheek]
tinafj Offline

We have used bbb car rental many times and you can just arrange everything online and a driver will pick you up outside the airport doors and take you across the street. Easy, straightforward! He knows exactly what you need for insurance so you won't get the shakedown like everyone experiences in the other rental agencies.

#56910 - 05/20/16 11:06 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
tinafj Offline

Hi- we have to CB many times since our honeymoon in 1999, but today when I booked, I saw Phase 1, 2, 3. I understand what the back building is, but can someone clarify these three phases? And which one I want to be in?

Thank you!

#56906 - 05/18/16 09:10 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
vfamily Offline

Hi my wife and i will be at coral baja soon for the first time and i will be going fishing!!! Is there anyone out there that would recommend a specific charter a good way to book a fishing trip? I will be by myself as she gets sea sick. Anyone planning a trip that would like to share the charter fee?...I bring beer and endless entertainment with my shining personality smile

#56900 - 05/17/16 08:10 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
Cheek Offline

Can anyone tell me if it is better to rent a car from the resort or from outside of the airport? I will be there begenning June 4th.
Thank you

#56869 - 05/07/16 09:45 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: DennisG]
Cheek Offline

Thank you for the post. This was very good information. We are going to Cabo the 1st week in June.

#56841 - 04/27/16 07:14 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: DennisG]
DennisG Offline

Loc: Olympia, WA
Wrapping up a 11 night stay - it is just as you remember - clean, friendly, safe and tropical weather. I will write more when I get home, but did want to tell everyone that they now provide free WiFi throughout the grounds!

We kept our Cellular Data off almost the entire time (although AT&T and Verizon now give you free voice and text in Mexico up to 1Gb) and the wireless services worked perfectly throughout the grounds. I personally didn't use it outside of the room, but we brought three young adults here (in a separate room) and they were very happy :-)

#56813 - 04/16/16 03:55 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
DennisG Offline

Hello everyone

My wife and I arrived yesterday for a 11 night stay here at WCB, although we have historically vacationed in SJD annually, we have not been down since the hurricane.

First and foremost, the resort is still everything that we remembered and more. We always stay in a 1BR Deluxe, this trip we are in the fist building on the 5th floor and our room could not be more perfect. From the views to the upgraded interior - just perfect. Here are a few items that stand out from our arrival and first night:

The airport is the same with the exception of the Timeshare sharks - they added two additional rooms/gates once you clear baggage that is very confusing and had many unexperienced "held" up. Once you get your bag and you proceed around the corner, you wait to provide the international documentation from the plane. After you are asked if you are carrying any alcohol you press a button if it is green you proceed, if it is red, you have to place your bags in X-ray and have them inspected.

Once you exit through the sliding doors, the adventure begins. Lots of folks asking you if you are looking for the shuttle or taxi trying to stop you - "hey folks, where are you staying".. over and over. We know better and just booked it past two additional sets of sliding doors until we we're outside. One of the things I noticed once we were out side. I rent a car so we quickly preceded to the shuttle that is parked outside and were taken to the rental agency.

Two things about renting a car in Mexico, Third Party Coverage is mandatory and although most leverage their credit card to cover this, I add it to the rental. To be honest it's the most expensive part. You can rent a car here for $7 a day, that's a standard car like VW Jetta, it's an additional $15 for TPI. My total for 12 days is about $350. We have both of our sons and one has a girlfriend joining us so I will be making additional trips to pick them up, the cost of shuttling all of them makes up for the cost. When you exit the shuttle to go into the rental agency (I use Alamo, but they are all like this), a person will say "where are you staying", just smile and say - With friends. if you tell them your hotel they know two things - you are already someone that purchased a timeshare, and you are not staying at X resort so they can try to get you to attend a presentation. How nice..... They will follow you to the counter and ease drop on your conversation with their "Friend" at the rental desk. Just have your print out with the cost as the next trick is to act like your reservation is higher than what you booked - they said my rental was $475 - I just simply said "check your math my friend, and I have proof of the rental that states otherwise. Next he says "where are you staying" trying to get this so his friend can be armed to act - just smile and say "I did not". Next he said, I added this up again and - bam... it was the exact cost of my rental. In my case the Timeshare shark knew that I was not game and walked away without saying another word. In previous years, they usually say they will cover the cost of the rental if I attend a presentation.

I use the toll road to get to our hotel, the cost is about $2.00 US. You get a ticket at the first gate and pay at the second that is about 5 miles down the road. Note – to get to WCB you need to pass the resort and use a “return” to go under a bridge and loop back.

The resort is, as always – just perfect. All of our friends that have taken care of us for years are still working here.

On our first night, we decided to head into the hotel zone and grab dinner. Talk about upgrade… wow, lots of new shopping just across the road from the major hotels and some great new restaurants. We decided to eat at the Rock & Brew. I had wings and we split a burger, my wife had a side salad. Great service, good beer and quality food; we will go back.

I’ll add more here in a few days after we get settled in.

Cheers

Edited by DennisG (04/18/16 04:19 AM)

#56792 - 04/04/16 07:34 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Caboalan]
DennisG Offline

They are located in the front buildings and the view depends on the floor and tree locations; you will have a view of the ocean. I personally would never stay in the back building - no view - lots of street noise.

Originally Posted By: Caboalan
Hello,

We are going to Coral Baja in a few weeks. Staying in a 1 bedroom deluxe. Do these units all have ocean views? Have only ever stayed in the back building. Just wondering what to expect. Thanks.

#56789 - 04/01/16 02:18 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
Caboalan Offline

Hello,

We are going to Coral Baja in a few weeks. Staying in a 1 bedroom deluxe. Do these units all have ocean views? Have only ever stayed in the back building. Just wondering what to expect. Thanks.

#56784 - 03/27/16 10:12 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: DennisG]
DennisG Offline

Hello everyone,

It has been almost three years since we've been to WM Cabo - just booked a last minute trip the second half of April. Prior to the hurricane my wife and I have been staying at the WM Cabo resort every year for years and love it! Over the years I've created a travel document that I update each year. The document has everything from maps, airport and transportation tips and reviews of restaurants and activities. If you want a copy send me an email here and I'll send it to you.

Dennis

#56783 - 03/27/16 10:05 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Cowboy18]
DennisG Offline

Originally Posted By: Cowboy18
We will be going to Coral Baja April 12th. Anyone have any recent recommendations for getting from the airport to the resort. There are several companies listed on line and we would like to find what other guests to the resort would recommend. cool Thanks

We usually use Transcabo, but we have not been in three years, so things change. We only book one way from the airport and catch a cab back. Usually share one with someone else heading back to the airport.

Dennis

#56777 - 03/23/16 07:23 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: 1kodiak]
Hondacrzy Offline

Loc: UTAH
Thanks for the info

Chris

#56769 - 03/19/16 02:22 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Hondacrzy]
1kodiak Offline

Loc: puyallup wash.
Its $5 or $6 us for each. From mega they say it is $5 then I say how about 50 pesos they say ok. Hope that helps.

#56767 - 03/18/16 07:40 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
Hondacrzy Offline

Loc: UTAH
Any one have approximate costs for a taxi to the Mega and around to different restaurants in down town san jose. Just trying to weigh the rental car.

Thanks Chris

#56758 - 03/15/16 10:43 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: 1kodiak]
00011006038 Offline

Thank you

#56756 - 03/12/16 07:41 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: 00011006038]
1kodiak Offline

Loc: puyallup wash.
The park next door has been closed for years!

#56754 - 03/11/16 07:09 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: 00011006038]
00011006038 Offline

Does any one know if the trailer park next door is still operating for dinning?

#56753 - 03/11/16 09:34 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
00011006038 Offline

Contact resort to make trans arrangement for pick up and return airport to coral Baja cost $35 per. Phone # is on your resort confirmation.

#56752 - 03/11/16 06:58 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
Cowboy18 Offline

We will be going to Coral Baja April 12th. Anyone have any recent recommendations for getting from the airport to the resort. There are several companies listed on line and we would like to find what other guests to the resort would recommend. cool Thanks

Page 4 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21 >

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.